Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/21/2014 4:52:40 PM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/21/4-kids-killed-in-pennsylvania-crash-werent-restrained-authorities-say/?intcmp=latestnews

Not only just that but if I have mine on, you are in the car with me and you don't use your seat belt you can fly into me.

video of someone flying inside the car
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/21/4-kids-killed-in-pennsylvania-crash-werent-restrained-authorities-say/?intcmp=latestnews

Not only just that but if I have mine on, you are in the car with me and you don't use your seat belt you can fly into me.

View Quote

How the fuck do you drive that I am going to be flying into you from the passenger seat?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]

I can be convinced for children and then they can make the decision at 18.  New Hampshire does not require seat belts or motorcycle helmets for adults.  Seems to work out just fine here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How the fuck do you drive that I am going to be flying into you from the passenger seat?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I take it you didn't watch the video
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Well you have every right to be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Seat belt laws are bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I see, so buckle up so you can sleep behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I can be convinced for children and then they can make the decision at 18.  New Hampshire does not require seat belts or motorcycle helmets for adults.  Seems to work out just fine here.

View Quote

I need to move to NH. Hate seatbelt laws.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. If I'm too stupid to wear it oh fucking well. I don't need protection from myself.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...0 chance of someone tboning you at an intersection.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. Seat belt laws are the same as bullet button laws and other horse shit like that. I will choose what works for me thank you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Why aren't there helmet laws for autos? Why stop at seat belt laws? Thousands die from head injuries in auto accidents. Only a fucking idiot would drive a car without a helmet, only a monster would drive a child around without a helmet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#12]
got it OP  is a commie

I have paralysis in my left hand I don't drive but am still required to be buckled by the law despite the fact I cannot unbuckle the belt

but hey thanks for worrying about my well being OP
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Its for the children
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why aren't there helmet laws for autos? Why stop at seat belt laws? Thousands die from head injuries in auto accidents. Only a fucking idiot would drive a car without a helmet, only a monster would drive a child around without a helmet.
View Quote

Shit, might as well just go full nascar set up. Chest harness, neck brace, full roll cage. If it's for the children then goddamnit let no stone go unturned!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I have picked up many a dead body and cut them out of cars.

Seatbelts are, well should be an individual choice not a law.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look both ways before crossing an intersection, pretty simple.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Putting on a seatbelt should be the individual's responsibility.  So should the consequences of failing to wear one.  I always wear mine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1, I like the laws for children. If you are dumb enough to drive without one on as an adult IDGAF.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

I agree 100%. I take the libertarian view of leaving citizens alone on these type of issues.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't wear one and your insurance or the other guy's insurance company will reduce the payout by the % to which you can be determined to be contributorily negligent for your injuries.  Chew on that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Nice argument---no sale though.

The .gov should not dictate if you (or your kids) wear a seatbelt or not.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, a fair number of drivers and front seat passengers have been killed/injured by rear seat passengers continuing forward when the car is in a crash and the rear seat passengers don't have a seat belt on.  A guy that worked in my dad's office was killed by a rear seat passenger coming forward over the front seat and hitting him in the head and breaking his neck.  Physics, you know?

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I for one believe seat belts saves lives.  Personally I think everyone should wear one.
However I don't believe anyone has the right to tell me or anyone else what's best for us.
People have a responsibility to take care of themselves. If they choose not to utilize provided safety equipment well that's on them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Another moonbat from Austin that supports the government telling me what to do. This is my shocked face->
How the blue fuck anybody can support seatbelt laws when common sense says a motorcycle (riding on top of a motor with 2 wheels and nothing else) is FAR more dangerous with a helmet than a cage can ever be. Before saying I need strapped to the car lets hear the soapbox whine for Pelosi et al to ban motorcycles. Lets cut right to the chase and get the full blown nanny state rolling. Fuck it- Lets just bubble wrap everybody in their beds so they dont get hurt....

then you know what happens?

The dumb ones roll over face down and smother. Bottom line, as proved in this thread- you cannot fix stupid.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you also agree with being forced to lock up guns while at home in a locked safe behind a locked door?

If not, then you're a twat who has no idea what he agrees with.

If yes, then you're a twat period.

So which is it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given his user name, Id say very spirited Honestly my best friend bought a new 2000 M Roadster back in 99.  Seriously fun car
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're advocating that everyone should stop at every green light they come, to so they can look both ways.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Seat belt saved my life one day.  Piled up my Mustang GT, and the belt did its job.
Edit:  I wear a seat belt because they work.....not because it is the law.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I agree 100%. I take the libertarian view of leaving citizens alone on these type of issues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

insurance shouldn't cover if you're not wearing a seat-belt.

fuck jacking up my rates to make up for idiots.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then again if you're the driver, you don't have to give lifts to anyone who refuses to buckle up.  Tell them to walk if they bitch about it.

Quoted:
insurance shouldn't cover if you're not wearing a seat-belt.

fuck jacking up my rates to make up for idiots.

View Quote

I don't know if the Navy really did this or not but we were always warned ... "Medical won't cover your injuries if you weren't wearing a seatbelt / helmet / etc.  You'll have to pay for your own treatment."
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Interestingly my step cousin was saved by not wearing a seat belt when her BF lost control rolled the car and hit a bridge embankment  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Nope. I don't agree with them.

If you feel the occupants in the car are being unsafe by not using them, either get out and find alternate transport if you are passenger. Or refuse to drive unless everyone is buckled up if you're the driver.

Many states only apply seat belt laws to the front seat, so seat belt laws are really bullshit all the way around.

ETA: I used to be very sporadic about wearing mine. Got in a wreck, somehow ended up outside the vehicle. Apparently I had to undo my seatbelt to get out, as the giant bruise across my torso showed I was wearing it. When medics showed up to take me to the hospital, they asked what I remembered about the accident. I told them I didn't know if I had a seatbelt on. When they took my shirt off, they told me that wearing it saved my life.

I wear mine even if I'm driving 3 blocks to go to the grocery store.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#35]
This happened about ten minutes from me, very sad. That stretch of 115 is known for people speeding but still...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So you're advocating that everyone should stop at every green light they come, to so they can look both ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have to come to a stop to look both ways?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Interestingly my step cousin was saved by not wearing a seat belt when her BF lost control rolled the car and hit a bridge embankment  
View Quote

Interestingly I was saved when the car flipped over and the seatbelt prevented my face from going through the windshield.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well you have every right to be wrong.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Putting on a seatbelt should be the individual's responsibility.  So should the consequences of failing to wear one.  I always wear mine.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#40]

If we're all paying for our own medical costs, I'm fine with no seat belts. Unfortunately, we're moving more and more towards sharing each other's medical costs. If I'm picking up the tab, you're wearing a seatbelt.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If we're all paying for our own medical costs, anti-gunners are fine with no guns. Unfortunately, we're moving more and more towards sharing each other's medical costs. If everyone is picking up the tab, anti-gunners are taking your guns.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If we're all paying for our own medical costs, I'm fine with no seat belts. Unfortunately, we're moving more and more towards sharing each other's medical costs. If I'm picking up the tab, you're wearing a seatbelt.

View Quote

If were going that route then I dont want to see you eating fast food anymore, stop drinking alcohol, and stop smoking
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I think the government should control everything. We should have to submit written requests for every one of our desired actions.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

So seats belts are where you draw the line at legislating unsafe behavior, everything else is fine?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep. If I'm too stupid to wear it oh fucking well. I don't need protection from myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my take on it and always has been.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
your car your rules,dont need a law for it

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Interestingly I was saved when the car flipped over and the seatbelt prevented my face from going through the windshield.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

hell it is such a habit for me when I worked at a dealership I would automatically put it on even to move the car a few feet. She just got lucky her BF not so much as I recall he lived but was trapped in the car and the whole passenger side was pushed over to his side

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

So why don't you have control over those riding in your vehicle? Why can't you just make them buckle up?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Da, comrade.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Motorcycles don't have seatbelts. We should ban all motorcycles, especially since you're so likely to become a projectile in a collision.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top