Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, stop hating what I like.

Your not my momma!
View Quote

Want a beer?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I sit under my shop cover to watch the chickens peck the dirt.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They are minding their own business.
View Quote

lol no.
If they wanted to mind their own business, they'd be in the back yard.
They're in the front because they're nosy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I sit under my shop cover to watch the chickens peck the dirt.
View Quote

I watch mine chase my weenie dog or grasshoppers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hang out in my garage all the time.  I've got a spread out there and it's one of the few spaces in the house that belongs to me exclusively with the kids and all.

View Quote

Me too. It's My Fortress of Solitude.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's Fall, cool enough to sit outside.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AZ just learned how to chill.  That's neat

It's Fall, cool enough to sit outside.

It must be fall. Only 92 out
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's like porch sitting for those without porches.

Garage provides shade.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can explain. It's called MYOB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I can explain. It's called MYOB

Quoted:
Hey OP...

MYOFB

Quoted:
OP must be one of those HOA busy body types. MYODB mind your own damn business why the fuck do you care what other people do in the confines of their property.

If someone does something you don't understand, don't try to figure out what it is.  Curiosity is bad, learning is bad.  Just keep to your little self-contained world and never pay attention to anyone outside of it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#12]
We used to have a couch, easy chair and coffee table, complete with bong, in the garage before I got married. The furniture was moved to the front and we had work space in the back. We lived at the top of a small hill on the end of the street in a nice older working class neighbor hood. It was great, so many good times. No fridge because the kitchen opened into the garage. It was great for cookouts with the grill wheeled into the driveway.

I'm more perplexed by people who think this is weird.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a nice shop, drinking beer and listening to tunes right now. My space, family leaves me alone when I'm out here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Because all my cool shit is in the garage.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#15]
There is a dude in his 60s across the street that does that. Just sits and does nothing.
It's weird. He's not a trashy guy, it's a very nice neighborhood, and he has a big backyard. I can't figure out why he sits in a hot concrete driveway and stares at his neighbors front yards.

My wife doesn't like to go mess with the flowers out front when he's doing it because it creeps her out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#16]
closer to the pisser
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
LOL, I was doing this an hour ago.

Big fan in the garage blowing out, me sitting in front of it waiting for someone who was coming over to show up. My street is however like a car/bike show on the weekends though.

ETA, one of the above posts reminded me.

I used to have a leather couch, beer fridge and a recliner in a corner of the garage for friends or wimmins to sit in while we wrenched on out projects.

Now the garage is packed with shit.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Every time it rains....
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#19]
We have a guy here that does that. Million dollar house, and he waves at everyone. It's cool, he keeps an eye on everything.

And a million dollar house in TN is tall cotton. Mine is about half that, we are the mobile home family in the neighborhood.

Might as well have a camaro up on blocks in my front yard.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Opening your garage door a ways on a really hot day reduces the temp in your garage, which also reduces the heat leaking into the home itself.  THAT reduces the load on your A/C.  And THAT reduces your electric bill.  When you are spending $400-$500 A MONTH to cool your home, every little bit helps!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Chilling, without things that require 120 V.  Brings back good memories of grandmaw and various great aunts/uncles sitting on the porch surrounded by sweet tea and purple-hull peas.  If I had a garage I would totally be drinking my beer in it right now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Do you even relax bro ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hang out in my garage all the time.  I've got a spread out there and it's one of the few spaces in the house that belongs to me exclusively with the kids and all.

View Quote

This. My reloading benches are out there, along with a computer. It's the only spot in the house that's all mine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Good way to strike up conversations with the neighbors. I do it from time to time.

I always thought it was a 'Florida' thing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do you even relax bro ?
View Quote

This. Gonna put my shelves up and ammo away, now my yard, and pull out a camp chair and crack a cold one. Hope a neighbor buddy drops by for another cold one and some convo. What are you, OP, a communist?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'm watching the game/drinking in my garage now
View Quote

How dare you!

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Is this something rednecks imported to Arizona....the practice of sitting in lawnchairs just inside or just barley outside the threshold of the garage door; they're not really doing anything, some may be smoking, some drinking a brew...but many more just seem to be waiting for the thrill of a car to pass by. Is this indicative of a redneck, a section-eighter, mushroom smoker or what?
View Quote
That's where I smoke my cigars and still maintain good wi-fi signal.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Generic variations of the garden-variety "Porch Monkeys"  .
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Look for an accumulation of pot needles just outside the garage opening.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Got a buddy that hangs in the garage every night.  Tons of peop, e stop by.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I used to sit up in the hayloft, door open, cooler of beer
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#32]
My detached garage is in the back behind the house and I sit out there all the time.

I have a TV, 1 TB of movies, my tools, kayaks, etc.

Its my guy time without leaving the property.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#33]
72 yr old Floridian here that sits in a lawn chair in his garage. My 2 dogs are tied up there with me I've got a cold bottle of water and my IPad surfing the net waiting for god to call me.
Usually only done late afternoon before mailman or UPS show up. Get to meet and great nieighbors walking their dogs. Every now and then a nice looking woman will walk by if she has a dog I leap up and greet the dog.
Just being friendly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#34]
My wife, of Italian descent, calls this a "Wop picnic".
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#35]
LOL we seem to have a lot of rednecks here

My 75 yr old dad does this, I will never understand.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I would rather be sitting inside in the a/c.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Why does it matter where they sit and relax?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this something rednecks imported to Arizona....the practice of sitting in lawnchairs just inside or just barley outside the threshold of the garage door; they're not really doing anything, some may be smoking, some drinking a brew...but many more just seem to be waiting for the thrill of a car to pass by. Is this indicative of a redneck, a section-eighter, mushroom smoker or what?

Because its frowned upon by the HOA in a gated community.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Do it all the time here in NY.

It's great if you feel like hanging out with some buddies but don't feel like being inside.

Shoot the shit with your friends, smoke some cigarettes/cigars, drink some beer, show off new guns/builds, enjoy summer while it lasts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
72 yr old Floridian here that sits in a lawn chair in his garage. My 2 dogs are tied up there with me I've got a cold bottle of water and my IPad surfing the net waiting for god to call me.
Usually only done late afternoon before mailman or UPS show up. Get to meet and great nieighbors walking their dogs. Every now and then a nice looking woman will walk by if she has a dog I leap up and greet the dog.
Just being friendly.
View Quote

Do you have ANY idea how bummed out people would be if God called you during a garage watch?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sitting on a chair, on your property is frowned upon? That HOA is out of control.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#42]
People around here do it because there are no porches.

See a friend when you're driving  by, you pull over, sit down, and shoot the breeze.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just watching the world go by.  It's an 'easily amused' sort of thing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's like porch sitting for those without porches.

Garage provides shade.
View Quote

blam

fings
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Old people do it in Lancaster County.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Could be worse.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I do it with my in laws when we got visit them in MI....we also fire up the grill and cook out.   I enjoy it...OP MYOB
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Last night I went to a neighbors house.  He was sitting on the porch (garage is full of stuff).

He opened up a chair for me and we chatted about things for a while then I left.

It was a pleasant respite from yard work.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I have always had friends neighbors come over when Im working in the garage,seems natural to hang out BS and have a beer there.

I know a alot of men that dont really work on things/arent mechanically inclined these days so maybe its a dying trend?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Sounds like something poor people and scumbags would do when they are being lazy and worthless.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top