BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 81
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When is the sig brace division going to be approved?
View Quote

I think we can all agree that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
It can only dilute Production.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Have the provisional rules for Carry Optics been posted? (Is it as I and some others hoped - just Production with the allowance for a slide-mounted dot?)

Quoted:
My question is how many people actually carry with optics and live life. Having a pile of awesome on your hip while perusing the gun rags at Walmart is a far cry from how I live. Even a G19, IWB, is a lot sometimes. Running, riding horse, working on and around the property, kayaking, etc....... Now plaster a microdot on that bad boy and tell me how many actually carry it. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like a photo thread fad, not a real event.
View Quote

FWIW, I personally know two people that regularly carry guns with dots.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My question is how many people actually carry with optics and live life. Having a pile of awesome on your hip while perusing the gun rags at Walmart is a far cry from how I live. Even a G19, IWB, is a lot sometimes. Running, riding horse, working on and around the property, kayaking, etc....... Now plaster a microdot on that bad boy and tell me how many actually carry it. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like a photo thread fad, not a real event.
View Quote

I carry mine regularly. It's no harder to carry than any other G17. I still probably won't shoot it in Carry Optics though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It can only dilute Production.  
View Quote

For the record, I think Carry Optics is stupid and won't shoot it.

But, I keep hearing that argument of it diluting the sport.  Who cares what a USPSA member wants to shoot as long as they're shooting.  Why should I care if people jump ship from Production over to Carry Optics?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shoot major if you're going to play in limited.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is shooting a glock 35 for limited minor? I'm debating making one for fun. Love my 34 for production and can only imagine how fast it'd be shooting 180g minor loads with a heavy magwell and base pads.

This!

Unless shooting Production.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is shooting a glock 35 for limited minor? I'm debating making one for fun. Love my 34 for production and can only imagine how fast it'd be shooting 180g minor loads with a heavy magwell and base pads.

This!

Or Revo.

Or on certain very rare occasions, SS.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I carry mine regularly. It's no harder to carry than any other G17. I still probably won't shoot it in Carry Optics though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a picture of your carry setup?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a small guy, but I can't imagine a G17 with an optic being comfortable to carry. Or even a 17 for that matter. Even my 19 feels huge.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also have a JM Custom Kydex AIWB for this setup with an APL. That's what I carry most of the time, but I don't have any pictures of it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm not a small guy, but I can't imagine a G17 with an optic being comfortable to carry. Or even a 17 for that matter. Even my 19 feels huge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 5'11", 200 lbs, with a 32" waist. Honestly I can barely tell the difference between the 17 and 19 in terms of comfort or concealment.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm 5'11", 200 lbs, with a 32" waist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 5'11", 200 lbs, with a 32" waist.

We're almost identical.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quite honestly, I don't see that the optic would really be that drastically different from just carrying the normal pistol. Sure, it would be different, but I don't think it'd be like night and day in terms of comfort or concealability.

Of course, this is just conjecture on my part, as I don't have a pistol with a slide-mounted dot.

Yet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Have the provisional rules for Carry Optics been posted? (Is it as I and some others hoped - just Production with the allowance for a slide-mounted dot?)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What exactly do they carry?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What exactly do they carry?
View Quote

One carries a Glock - as I recall, it's either a 19 or a 23.

The other carries an SVI.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/thejeanyus/Gun%20Pictures/AF648AC3-049D-4926-908A-F90EF51F2704_zps24edybmb.jpg
I also have a JM Custom Kydex AIWB for this setup with an APL. That's what I carry most of the time, but I don't have any pictures of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/thejeanyus/Gun%20Pictures/AF648AC3-049D-4926-908A-F90EF51F2704_zps24edybmb.jpg

That looks doable. I carry a 17 with a TLR-1 in a RCS Phantom. Looks about the same. Except for the little $400 electronic thing. And I'm not a heathan lefty. But, both my sons are.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#18]
seems alot of people are really pissed over the carry optics shibang.
I think what they mean by carry optics are something you would strap on your side and go for a hike. I do it with my G34 all the time because I like the gun and it carries well OWB, but I doubt someone would strap on a 40oz CZ to go for a walk.

I believe alot of people assume "carry optics" means a CCDW gun

I get people are pissed because of the weight limit cutting out alot of the production list guns, to be honest I dont really care as I dont own anything but glocks and 1911's
while I can see their point of hey I can shoot production with this gun but not the new division with the same rules just adding an optic, but I am still an infant in the sport of competitive shooting.

which leads me to my next question, what the hell is the difference between the CZ guns and Tanfoglio's?

They look the same?

ETA: something to consider, the G34 MOS isnt even on the production list despite my contacting them 3 months ago but its assumed it will be GTG for carry optics
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think what they mean by carry optics are something you would strap on your side and go for a hike. I do it with my G34 all the time because I like the gun and it carries well OWB, but I doubt someone would strap on a 40oz CZ to go for a walk.

I get people are pissed because of the weight limit cutting out alot of the production list guns, to be honest I dont really care as I dont own anything but glocks and 1911's

while I can see their point of hey I can shoot production with this gun but not the new division with the same rules just adding an optic, but I am still an infant in the sport of competitive shooting.
which leads me to my next question, what the hell is the difference between the CZ guns and Tanfoglio's?

They look the same?

ETA: something to consider, the G34 MOS isnt even on the production list despite my contacting them 3 months ago but its assumed it will be GTG for carry optics
View Quote

As far as weight goes, plenty of people carry 1911's around.  I'm guessing they weigh at least 40oz.

What I'm wondering is what the capacity will be.  10 rounds or 15.  

CZ's and Tanfo's are very similar but different enough that the parts are not interchangeable.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tanfos started as pretty true-to-form CZ clones, but have somewhat evolved into their own form, especially in their large frame offerings. In fact, there isn't really a CZ equivalent frame size for the Tanfo 'large frame'. Which is actually why I don't have a CZ open gun, as it is impossible to get one built in what I consider to be the 'correct' open caliber.

The older small-frame Tanfos had a lot of parts interchangeable with CZ, but the new ones less so, and the large-frames not at all.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As far as weight goes, plenty of people carry 1911's around.  I'm guessing they weigh at least 40oz.

CZ's and Tanfo's are very similar but different enough that the parts are not interchangeable.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it fit in the Box?

They look the same?

Does it fit in the Box?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Does it fit in the Box?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does it fit in the Box?

They look the same?

Does it fit in the Box?

I'd say it's safe to say that any CZ or Tanfo that's on the USPSA Production gun list fits in the box.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is my day at the GSSF match:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/41481749.jpg

I destroyed my prior best times.
View Quote

Video?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Didn't bother with video... gssf is fun to participate in but pretty boring on video.  I should have recorded my plate rack runs if nothing else.

The "pocket glock" category is a bit scary since you're limited to the 6+1 42 or 43, but I went 24/24 with it.  My time for the plates on that one was pretty slow in comparison to the others but when you have one extra shot, you make sure to be more careful.  One plate left standing is a 10 second penalty, which would be pretty devastating.
View Quote

When do you find out if you won anything?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I wish we had GSSF matches close to me. I think when I looked, the closest was going to be 3 hours away, which aint gonna happen.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How far are you from Lexington?

If you have any clubs that are capable of it but are 3+ hours away from other matches, you might look into seeing if they will host one.
View Quote

Google says 2hr 55min (Maryville, TN)

The club I shoot USPSA at is about 45 min to the north of me, so it won't be 3hr from Lexington.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The preliminary results are usually out in a couple of days, you can look at the scores and figure it out.  They are out for 30 days to allow for any corrections,  then the results are finalized and the prizes are awarded.

It's a few months between the match and the time you get a prize gun, so GSSF is not for the impatient
View Quote
I'm going on 4 months now waiting for my GSSF prize gun.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You should try out the match in October... the last weekend.   There's a group of us that usually goes down, it's about the same drive from here.
View Quote

I will if I can. I live week to week so I won't know for a while.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The preliminary results are usually out in a couple of days, you can look at the scores and figure it out.  They are out for 30 days to allow for any corrections,  then the results are finalized and the prizes are awarded.

It's a few months between the match and the time you get a prize gun, so GSSF is not for the impatient

I'm going on 4 months waiting for my first suppressor. I hate waiting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is my day at the GSSF match:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/41481749.jpg

I destroyed my prior best times.
View Quote

Marietta was this weekend?  I completely forgot about GSSF this year.  I won't be able to make Brighton, either.  Hell, I haven't even practiced but three times this year, so it's probably for the best.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#39]
AJE:  What were your times?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Keeping in mind I added them up manually in the back seat of the car on the interstate (to allow myself math errors for when the real scores are out):

Pocket= 42.66

Sub Compact = 57.21(my best in the past was 56.xx)

Heavy metal = 49.89

Master stock =42.64

I only had two D's for the day on one string on the Subcompact.  My master stock run was all alphas for Glock M and two Cs for the 5 to Glock.

Way, way cleaner than I've shot before.  The MS would have won matchmiester at the last match I shot.
View Quote

Good lord those are baller times.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Next months MD(we take turns) told us what he has planned.

1st week, Precision rifle match & 1 stage run & gun-USPSA.
2nd week Steel Challenge
3rd USPSA
4th week USPSA

This news pissed more than a few off.

Would this upset you?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

2nd week Steel Challenge

3rd USPSA

4th week USPSA

Would this upset you?
View Quote

What is there to be pissed about?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

2nd week Steel Challenge
3rd USPSA
4th week USPSA

Would this upset you?
View Quote

I would love to have USPSA 3 weeks per month, but I couldn't afford it anyways. Why would that piss you off?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

2nd week Steel Challenge

3rd USPSA

4th week USPSA

Would this upset you?
View Quote

Compared to what?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Dry fire is the answer

Steve Anderson's podcast about the "match mode dry fire shot calling" is what I've been doing lately and I think it has done a lot to help me.  

Of course I looked up the link to share it and it's the first one that's only avaiable to premium members  link
View Quote

Cliff notes?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

2nd week Steel Challenge
3rd USPSA
4th week USPSA

Would this upset you?
View Quote

I would never be pissed about having more than 1 USPSA match nearby in any given month.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 81
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top