Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 81
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the help, I think I'll stick with the USP for a while until I decide to have a dedicated comp gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:18:39 AM EDT
[#3]
It is probably just MidwayUSA's search function that sucks, but I can't find a Blade-Tech dropped and offset holster that would fit a Browning Hi Power.

I was hoping to buy the Blade-Tech DOH and a Colt 9mm AR mag LULA at the same time from MidwayUSA and hopefully save on shipping costs that way.

It looks like Blade-Tech has a DOH for a BHP at their website, but I am just not seeing it at Midway's.

I haven't bought anything from Midway in a loooonnnnggg time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I did some more reading, remember I haven't competed in over 10 years. Looks like I'll have to pick up a 40 SW to be "competitive" in limited. In reading the rulebook, max mag length is 5.561 inches. And looking around, I see the Glock 22, and Smith M&P 40 have mag capacities of 15 rounds. The Sig 226 is 13 rounds, but you can buy a mag extension to bump it up to 15 rounds. Does anyone know if the mag extension puts the sig mag over the length?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, I did some more reading, remember I haven't competed in over 10 years. Looks like I'll have to pick up a 40 SW to be "competitive" in limited. In reading the rulebook, max mag length is 5.561 inches. And looking around, I see the Glock 22, and Smith M&P 40 have mag capacities of 15 rounds. The Sig 226 is 13 rounds, but you can buy a mag extension to bump it up to 15 rounds. Does anyone know if the mag extension puts the sig mag over the length?
View Quote

I am not familiar at all with Sigs.

The best place to ask would be on the Brian Enos forums.  I am pretty sure they have a separate section for Sigs.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you dead set on doing Limited? Personally I would just keep things simple and buy a Glock 34 for Production if you're going to buy a new gun, especially if you're eligible for blue label pricing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are several places that make mag extensions for M&P and Glock to meet the 140mm rule.

I use TTI mag extension on my Limited 35 and it will load 20 in the mag of .40
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Finally shot a match with my new gen 4 G17. I love this thing. Made a few mental mistakes (forgot to reload at one point). Currently shooting limited class until I get used to having huge magazine capacity and buy more mags.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Are you dead set on doing Limited? Personally I would just keep things simple and buy a Glock 34 for Production if you're going to buy a new gun, especially if you're eligible for blue label pricing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I'm dead set on limited, but I'd like to "run what you brung."  Production seems like a misnomer with the 10 round limit. I get it, it allows ban states and non ban states to remain on a level playground. I like the Sigs and HKs. I've shot my USP for 16 years now, and I used to have a P226 in 9mm that I regretably sold to fund another project.

I'd only qualify for blue label pricing through the GSSF membership.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Finally shot a match with my new gen 4 G17. I love this thing. Made a few mental mistakes (forgot to reload at one point). Currently shooting limited class until I get used to having huge magazine capacity and buy more mags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPERFQyLC_8

View Quote

Good job.

Keep it up!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not that I'm dead set on limited, but I'd like to "run what you brung."  Production seems like a misnomer with the 10 round limit. I get it, it allows ban states and non ban states to remain on a level playground. I like the Sigs and HKs. I've shot my USP for 16 years now, and I used to have a P226 in 9mm that I regretably sold to fund another project.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 10rd limit isn't to allow ban states to compete, although I'm sure it doesn't hurt. It's to prevent 9mm from completely dominating, prevent certain guns to have advantages over others as far as capacity goes (ie 15 vs 17rd or whatever), and to make it more reload-heavy. It's not an issue to worry about at all IMHO.

I've actually never seen someone shoot an HK locally. The mag release is going to slow you down and mags tend to get expensive in numbers. Also, most Sigs (mainly metal ones) in my experience have a high bore axis and are slower on followup shots than the competitors. By all means though, feel free to try what you have.

If you aren't a USPSA member and just want to dip your feet in the eater again, then use a 9mm or something comfortable and try Limited Minor to get a feel for how matches are run and to see what other people are shooting. Just don't expect to win or anything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The 10rd limit isn't to allow ban states to compete, although I'm sure it doesn't hurt. It's to prevent 9mm from completely dominating, prevent certain guns to have advantages over others as far as capacity goes (ie 15 vs 17rd or whatever), and to make it more reload-heavy. It's not an issue to worry about at all IMHO.

I've actually never seen someone shoot an HK locally. The mag release is going to slow you down and mags tend to get expensive in numbers. Also, most Sigs (mainly metal ones) in my experience have a high bore axis and are slower on followup shots than the competitors. By all means though, feel free to try what you have.

If you aren't a USPSA member and just want to dip your feet in the eater again, then use a 9mm or something comfortable and try Limited Minor to get a feel for how matches are run and to see what other people are shooting. Just don't expect to win or anything.
View Quote

I'm not expecting to win anything. Funny about the HK mag release, I sweep the trigger guard with my finger on all my pistols due to my muscle memory from shooting HKs for so long.

ETA I'm more questioning my holster selection, are the TT Gunleather OWB/IWB pancake holsters USPSA compliant?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
In L10?  Why not shoot production?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

9mm 1911s?

No, they shoot single stack minor.

Because you can't shoot single action guns in Production.

There's a couple guys around here that shoot .45 1911's with 10 round mags in L10.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you want to just "run what you brung" and not spend a lot upfront on gear then you're much better off with Production.  I'm not sure if you realize this, but in Production you can use your 15 round mags and just download them to 10, so your VP9 is good to go for Production as is.  You could also use your USP and load minor .45 loads if you'd prefer.  For Limited you're going to want to get mag extensions at the least and probably some other stuff like a magwell, etc.  You could also shoot your 1911 in Single Stack.

That holster you mentioned sounds like it would be legal.  No one uses pancake type holsters since the preference is for a holster that isn't held close to the body, in order to get a faster draw.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm 1911s?

No, they shoot single stack minor.

AJE was saying that he sees people shooting L10 with 1911s, but not 9mm 1911s.  They're using either .40 or .45 to shoot major.  If you have a 9mm 1911 you're much better off shooting Single Stack since you're already allowed to load 10 in Single Stack when shooting minor.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

ETA I'm more questioning my holster selection, are the TT Gunleather OWB/IWB pancake holsters USPSA compliant?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That would be just about the worst holster one could use for USPSA.

Please do yourself a favor and get a standard OWB kydex rig.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If you want to just "run what you brung" and not spend a lot upfront on gear then you're much better off with Production.  I'm not sure if you realize this, but in Production you can use your 15 round mags and just download them to 10, so your VP9 is good to go for Production as is.  You could also use your USP and load minor .45 loads if you'd prefer.  For Limited you're going to want to get mag extensions at the least and probably some other stuff like a magwell, etc.  You could also shoot your 1911 in Single Stack.

That holster you mentioned sounds like it would be legal.  No one uses pancake type holsters since the preference is for a holster that isn't held close to the body, in order to get a faster draw.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Russell is right on the money IMO.

Your VP9 is perfect for production.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Finished the club match.   75% on the classifier... kinda blew the draw on it or it would have been 85%.

Rest of it went pretty well I think.

Video up tonight.
View Quote

Miamisburg?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:00:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Here's the whole match.

Since I know it will be asked, the club ran out of tan pasters, so they had to use black and white ones (other than the classifier).

It made the targets on the last couple stages pretty interesting looking, and there was no looking at the targets and trying to see your hits, as it was bad enough while I was RO'ing.  

Anyway, fun match, and my squad started outside and ended inside, almost missing the rain that came down later in the morning

https://youtu.be/4_Gof5hQYq4
View Quote

Im looking at a CZ Tactical Sport which sticks me in Limitied I guess. I  would have to get by with an HK Expert 9mm for now. I should have kept that G35! I have a Les Baer Premier 2 but I actually prefer the Glock and M&P grip over the 1911 for some odd reason.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Im looking at a CZ Tactical Sport which sticks me in Limitied I guess. I  would have to get by with an HK Expert 9mm for now. I should have kept that G35! I have a Les Baer Premier 2 but I actually prefer the Glock and M&P grip over the 1911 for some odd reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's the whole match.

Since I know it will be asked, the club ran out of tan pasters, so they had to use black and white ones (other than the classifier).

It made the targets on the last couple stages pretty interesting looking, and there was no looking at the targets and trying to see your hits, as it was bad enough while I was RO'ing.  

Anyway, fun match, and my squad started outside and ended inside, almost missing the rain that came down later in the morning

I have built STIs and SV limited guns.  And I owned 2 CZ Tactical Sports.  

IMHO, the CZ is every bit as capable as an STI or SV limited gun.  

The triggers on my 2 CZs (and 2 others I've worked on) all came from the factory at 2 lbs.  Yes - 2 lbs.  Once they broke in, they settled at a rock-solid 1.75 lbs.

Yes, the guns come from the factory weighing as much as a full-length dust cover STI Edge 5.0.   That can be changed.  So can the sights, mag well, grips, etc.

Yes, the mags need basepads to get to 140mm.  But so do STI and SVs.  

Overall, the CZ is as close as you can come to a fully competitive Limited gun for the money spent.  They are as reliable as heck and will run on factory ammo (a claim that many STIs and SVs cant make).
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I'd shoot a CZ Tactical Sport any day.
View Quote
If I ever quit Production as my primary division, I'd be shooting a TacSport in Limited no question.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd shoot a CZ Tactical Sport any day.
View Quote

Love the feel of the gun, just lines up perfect for me. The trigger is unreal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Here's the whole match.

View Quote

Nice shooting.  The target stand lath is pretty distracting at that club.  Lath needs to be trimmed down so it's not visible.  

Stage 1-Great draw and splits to that partial target and the rest in the array.  Sort of a tough call with four arrays of 3 paper targets on how to do your reload.  It would be interesting to see what your time would have been if you reloaded after each array.  Standing reload vs. extra reload.  I'm betting the way you shot it was faster.

Stage 2-WTF was that first shot all about?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Did anyone that threw in the extra reload shoot it faster than you?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#35]
It's been a while now, how do you like that Tent Trailer? If you reported on it I missed it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I missed my match last weekend. Had to spend the weekend researching and collecting salamander data in the mountains.

I haven't pulled the trigger on my glock in over a month.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
First time being on top of the combined

http://combinedresults.info/index.php/match/14244
View Quote

Jeeze. You guys don't have any M's or G's?

(Just ball busting)
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
First time being on top of the combined

http://combinedresults.info/index.php/match/14244
View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A lot of the Phoenix Trinity people usually shoot here but most of them were out of state.

Open GMs are good people to watch

https://youtu.be/E-wMDYhQQLk
View Quote

That can't be too comfortable shooting Open indoors, especially right next to a wall.  Although I'm not sure which would be more annoying, the comp or that RO
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That can't be too comfortable shooting Open indoors, especially right next to a wall.  Although I'm not sure which would be more annoying, the comp or that RO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of the Phoenix Trinity people usually shoot here but most of them were out of state.

RO, for sure.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

RO, for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RO, for sure.

LOL.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Got in late last night from the South Carolina Sectional.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 81
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top