Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 4:29:58 PM EDT
Cool story, bros!

Tuesday evening a friend texted me a half-hour before "Big Box Sports Retailer" closed that they had gotten in a shipment of Bullseye and Unique powder. I called him back and he said there were about 20 one-pound containers left on the shelf.

The next morning I drive over there about 10 minutes before they open. Expecting to see the usual resell trolls hanging outside, I was please to see no one outside. Cool.

Within three minutes a neckbeard waddles up...the saliva of anticipation of a powder score running down his multiple chins and onto his holey, grease-stained " 'Merica!" T-shirt. I'm firmly planted in front of the door and there's no room for him to attempt to squeeze by. When the front doors open I shoot through like a greased weasel, grab a shopping basket without stopping and head for the powder shelf. I can hear this guy behind me and he's breathing so hard he's probably going to drop dead of a heart attack.

I can already see that most of the powder had already sold since my friend contacted me but sitting together were two containers each of Bullseye and Unique. In one smooth motion I forearm-sweep all four containers into my basket and head toward the cashier and as I'm heading toward the front I'm asked the single most stupid question I've ever been asked:

"Y'all gonna buy all that powder?"

I don't even acknowledge the guy. Two minutes later I'm in my car and driving off with powder I've  not seen locally since The Dear Leader was re-elected.

Obligatory "pics or it didn't happen" pic:

"

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
How do we know you aren't an undercover neckbeard?!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Because I eat salads on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Unique for all my pistol reloads, Walmart has been my source for it, I must be the only one that uses it around here, they always had 10+ and I was buying one or two every time I went for several months, probably have 30 pounds of it now. If they would start stocking Winchester pistol primers over CCI I would be totally happy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Chicken wings dipped in ranch dressing is not a salad.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Cool story, bros!

Tuesday evening a friend texted me a half-hour before "Big Box Sports Retailer" closed that they had gotten in a shipment of Bullseye and Unique powder. I called him back and he said there were about 20 one-pound containers left on the shelf.

The next morning I drive over there about 10 minutes before they open. Expecting to see the usual resell trolls hanging outside, I was please to see no one outside. Cool.

Within three minutes a neckbeard waddles up...the saliva of anticipation of a powder score running down his multiple chins and onto his holey, grease-stained " 'Merica!" T-shirt. I'm firmly planted in front of the door and there's no room for him to attempt to squeeze by. When the front doors open I shoot through like a greased weasel, grab a shopping basket without stopping and head for the powder shelf. I can hear this guy behind me and he's breathing so hard he's probably going to drop dead of a heart attack.

I can already see that most of the powder had already sold out since my friend contacted me but sitting together were two containers each of Bullseye and Unique. In one smooth motion I forearm-sweep all four containers into my basket and head toward the cashier and as I'm heading toward the front I'm asked the single most stupid question I've ever been asked:

I don't even acknowledge the guy. Four minutes later I'm in my car and driving off with powder I've  not seen locally since The Dear Leader was re-elected.

Here's the "pics or it didn't happen" pic:

http://i.imgur.com/rnPnx0il.jpg"

View Quote
Fucker.

It's not my fault that I am diabetic with emphysema and can run as fast as you.

I needed that powder! I had a buyer all lined up and that would have paid for a cartoon of cigs.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Epic fail right there. You had the neckbeard right where you (we?) want them. You had the perfect opportunity to twist the blade you stabbed into his beard.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll bet OP doesn't even reload.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm so glad I don't have to participate in the powder rush.  That didn't stop me from placing a backorder in December of last year and one in June of this year though  I am just glad I locked in my prices and will use it (most likely) before I die.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Epic fail right there. You had the neckbeard right where you (we?) want them. You had the perfect opportunity to twist the blade you stabbed into his beard.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That, or I suppose I could have turned, grabbed my crotch, and then kept going.

OK, the part about the guy drooling on his "Merica!" T-shirt was an obvious fabrication but he did ask me the mother of all stupid questions.

That was a good day. I've been out of Unique for 2 years and was down to my last tablespoon of Bullseye.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Fail.  Should have offered to sale them all to him for $60 each.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice score, OP; you were well within your Animal Rights to beard the neckbeard in his own lair.

I'm down to my last 1/4lb of Bullseye.  If I ever see "common" domestic gunpowder in a gunstore again, I'll crap a brick.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice score, OP; you were well within your Animal Rights to beard the neckbeard in his own lair.

I'm down to my last 1/4lb of Bullseye.  If I ever see "common" domestic gunpowder in a gunstore again, I'll crap a brick.
View Quote

Thank you.

I've been a student so money for powder let alone having the time to look for it hasn't been a happening thing. Having recently graduated I have a bit of time for that now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#15]
cool story bro
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Sigh I wish I could find those here
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sigh I wish I could find those here
View Quote

Eventually you will. Just be persistent.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I want a photo so that when I go to the local gun show in the morning, I will recognize neckbeard when I see him.....or her
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top