View Quote

Definitely a ban for you.

Everybody's banned.

All ur rifle r belong to the Fed, now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would love to see someone come out with something like a Liberty Training Rifle bolt action with peep sites in 5.56mm.  Nothing fancy just affordable to the masses.  It might just bring the semi auto folks and the bolt action folks together and add new supporters to the cause.  I envision something similar to a 1903 but in 5.56mm which can use stripper clips to load.  Get the NRA supporting it with some free advertisements or free membership for 1 year with each purchase and make it the official rifle (but not only) rifle for Appleseed matches.  
View Quote

I'd think something more like a 20-inch barrel Rem Model 7 that uses 10 or 20 round AR mags, can load from a stripper clip, and has AR sights would fit the bill for such a gun.  With a mag blocked down to 5 rounds it would be a legal gun for hunting in most states.  And it would be a very lightweight gun that would replicate handling of an AR.

I might have to take a look at my Model 7 to see what it would take to install an FSB and a BUIS rear sight to see if this is a workable idea.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I hope they start pushing for it. Something to hopefully unite and motivate the gun community. They want pistols more than anything, but Heller shattered that wet dream, so now they are going after anything they can.
View Quote
They damn near got pistols into the GCA1934

but it was tossed for political convenience/maneuvering
1934 Senate hearings , interesting reading , pretty much all the conversations and arguments presented are pretty much the same given today....by both sides

The testimony of the NRA president at the time will probably make most here's blood boil

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/nra/nfa.htm

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Having several good scopes and solid mounts is a  priority for me. Plenty of accurate hunting rifles out there, but it's extremely rare for me to see anything above  VX-2 quality at the range (forget actual target knobs, or ranging reticle)
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The article is kinda click-baity, so let's talk about this...

Quoted:
Thanks for the reminder. I need a bolt action rifle in my collection.
View Quote

You have been here for over 5 years and you have almost 10k posts, and you don't own a single bolt action? No Mosin, no Enfield, no Mauser, no Savage, or no Remington?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#8]
idiots are never going to stop with the anti gun BS.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You have been here for over 5 years and you have almost 10k posts, and you don't own a single bolt action? No Mosin, no Enfield, no Mauser, no Savage, or no Remington?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I currently don't own one. I owned a Tikka and a Rem 700 both in .308. I can't imagine what model and make in what caliber I would own next.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#10]
The article is about the TrackPoint rifle...or more about the scope actually.  They want the scope banned not bolt action rifles.  Still bullshit though.

ETA:  The PA group is actually going after all long guns.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I currently don't own one. I owned a Tikka and a Rem 700 both in .308. I can't imagine what model and make in what caliber I would own next.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

.308 is an auto caliber in my mind.

I'd suggest a .22lr and/or a chambering you usually don't find in semi offerings.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Wait so gun owners are "insurrectionists" now?

Sweet!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wait so gun owners are "insurrectionists" now?

Sweet!
View Quote

Since we are tagged, shall we live up to it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1934 Senate hearings , interesting reading , pretty much all the conversations and arguments presented are pretty much the same given today....by both sides
The testimony of the NRA president at the time will probably make most here's blood boil

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope they start pushing for it. Something to hopefully unite and motivate the gun community. They want pistols more than anything, but Heller shattered that wet dream, so now they are going after anything they can.

Robert Lee "Bob" Doughton....the chairman from NC. My fuck be upon him.

The filthy fudd NRA president: "I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I seldom carry one.... I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses."
Cocksucker
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#17]
What's scary is how on some of those the shoulder thing does actually kinda go up
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Have you read Bracken's books?
View Quote

Yep...the scopes must go first.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#19]
To really piss off the Anti-Gunners....

H&K SLB 2000

Semiauto Evil Sniper Rifle
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
To really piss off the Anti-Gunners....

H&K SLB 2000

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii542/miami_jbt1Miami_jbt_1/DSCN1128_zps13983ab1.jpg

Semiauto Evil Sniper Rifle
View Quote

Oh yeah.........that rifle is banned in 'tard land.

That's just too icky.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's scary is how on some of those the shoulder thing does actually kinda go up
View Quote

It's called a "barrel shroud".

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not giving up shit for anyone.
View Quote

Not one more goddam inch,  not one more goddam gun law.  Deal with it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The black polymer stocks make them especially deadly....  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been saying for years (Ain't I a "Genius"? lol) that it was only a matter of time 'till those

fucks came after "Sniper Rifles".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/treadhead/2662455929_ffbbb3380f_o_zpsfac078a5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/treadhead/142822_01_308_savage_model_10fp_le_snipe_640_zpsa2e470d2.jpg

If you could get a bayonet lug on their it will practically seek out small children on its own.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
GOOD.

We need to get this out there. It will wake Fudd's the fuck up.

THEY. WILL. COME. FOR. YOUR. DEER. RIFLE. NEXT.

They'll call it a "sniper rifle" capable of "great accuracy" at "great distances" and include things like "penetrate any available bullet-proof vest" and "dangerous to law enforcement".
View Quote

+1IMO the best thing that could happen for American gun rights would be a big push from the govt to ban hunting rifles.  All of the rural folks who own nothing but deer rifles who haven't fought tooth and nail to protect semi autos would be right riled up.  A bubba behind every blade of grass and his vote in every ballot box.  On the other hand, a ban on pistols would likely not meet with much more than a whimper from the cities (many of the urban folks living in areas where they'd need them the most already use work arounds and feel disenfranchised already anyway- many rural folks don't conceal carry and rely on shotguns for hd).  Of course we could work on punishing the actual human making these poor decisions (vs an inanimate object) and removing repeat violent offenders from the streets - not to mention fighting poverty and govt dependency and ending the war on drugs to lower violent crime, but wait, that is applying logic.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/treadhead/2662455929_ffbbb3380f_o_zpsfac078a5.jpg

That one is scary....it even has tick-marks of the confirmed kills on the end part shoulder thingy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been saying for years (Ain't I a "Genius"? lol) that it was only a matter of time 'till those

That one is scary....it even has tick-marks of the confirmed kills on the end part shoulder thingy

I don't see tick marks?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#27]
<fudd>  "Why all y'alls need one a them fer anyhows?"  </fudd>
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Fuck 'em
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#29]
I just now realized that the NFA was enacted in 1934, the same year that the gov confiscated us gold and made it illegal for Americans to own gold.  Never realized that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just now realized that the NFA was enacted in 1934, the same year that the gov confiscated us gold and made it illegal for Americans to own more than 5 ounces of gold.  Never realized that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just now realized that the NFA was enacted in 1934, the same year that the gov confiscated us gold and made it illegal for Americans to own gold.  Never realized that.
View Quote

FFDR.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Hmmmm... Maybe I can slip by under the RADAR...

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Evil... confirmed weapon of war.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://bearingarms.com/came-bolt-actions/

You can find them in every gun store in even the most restrictive states in the nation, and with good reason; bolt-action rifles are among the most ubiquitous rifles in the United States, and have been in deer camps and military arsenals in the United States since the Palmer carbine was used in the U.S. Civil War.

Now two separate gun control groups are attempting to restrict access to them.
View Quote

View Quote

I am sure the gun gruops are conting on Mil-spec Ar types to yawn and not care as well.  I look at this a the equivalent of the gun control groups eating their young. Afterll did we not tell the fudds this day would come, and that thier prcious fudd gun would be chracterized as an sniper rifle?

And don't the anti groups ALWAYS make exceptions for "sporting guns"

Not anymore I guess.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Said the Germans, Italians, Australians, etc.

Never ever think, Never gonna happen.  Because that is when it does.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an old idea.

Never gonna happen.

There are more Fudds in American than imaginable. They might hide when "assault weapons" are threatened but they won't give an inch when bolt-guns are being targeted.

FBHO

The fucking USSR didn't ban bolt action rifles.  Neither did the Germans or Italians.  

It's not gonna happen in any reasonable timeframe.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Don't have one.

I better get one before they're banned.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#37]
"First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. "

Source
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I hope the anti gunners attack bolt action baby killing death rifles long and hard . The wood stocks used are a natural camouflage and should be banned as well . Not to mention saving the trees .
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

As do I.  Dammit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If "they" had banned semi autos for civilians in the 50s or 60s,you bet your ass we would be fighting bans against bolt,pump,and lever guns today.
View Quote

And it will never sink in to some.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#42]
They need to get these horrific weapons of (World) War (One) off the street.

Well, at very least, off the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I would love to see someone come out with something like a Liberty Training Rifle bolt action with peep sites in 5.56mm.  Nothing fancy just affordable to the masses.  It might just bring the semi auto folks and the bolt action folks together and add new supporters to the cause.  I envision something similar to a 1903 but in 5.56mm which can use stripper clips to load.  Get the NRA supporting it with some free advertisements or free membership for 1 year with each purchase and make it the official rifle (but not only) rifle for Appleseed matches.
View Quote

look at the Savage Hog hunters.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you could get a bayonet lug on their it will practically seek out small children on its own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/treadhead/142822_01_308_savage_model_10fp_le_snipe_640_zpsa2e470d2.jpg

Did someone say bayonet lug, on a Sniper rifle?  

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:32:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If "they" had banned semi autos for civilians in the 50s or 60s,you bet your ass we would be fighting bans against bolt,pump,and lever guns today.

Was there some serious effort to ban semi-autos in the 1950's or 1960's?

That's a ridiculous argument.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's an old idea.

Never gonna happen.

There are more Fudds in American than imaginable. They might hide when "assault weapons" are threatened but they won't give an inch when bolt-guns are being targeted.

FBHO

happened here in the states too.

bolt actions at or over .50 were banned in CA.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Can't have common citizens running around with these high powered long range sniper rifles able to pierce police body armor from obscene distances like say from over a mile away that's just common sense folks, it's for the kids , what you don't care about the children
View Quote

And fuck punctuation while we're at it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

What happens if the fudds are awaken?

I for one am very afraid.
View Quote
When that happens, the guys who like single shot falling block actions will turn on bolt gun owners. Just like Fudds have turned on us, just like we have turned on OC.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top