Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
What percentage of drinkers have used alcohol at work. I'd bet the numbers are similar.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
some % of stoners have always done that, I'll accept their 10% on faith

it isn't exactly news
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

it isn't exactly news
View Quote

Well, that depends on the agenda.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Whee soon the rest of ya'll will be drug and alcohol tested often too
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Just had a guy claim he got hurt at work so I sent him for the mandatory drug and alcohol test. 3.5 hours into his shift he blew a .187.

If I had a breathalyzer connected to the electronic key entry and everyone had to blow to get in, id probably lose 20% of my workforce daily.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah and a whole lot of people would catch a dui on the ride into work if the cops weren't so busy in rush hour traffic.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I honestly think it's more than that...  it's easier to accept than assuming that 90% of the work force is functionally retarded.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I honestly think it's more than that...  it's easier to accept than assuming that 90% of the work force is functionally retarded.
View Quote

Yeah, that has been my experience too. Hell, some days it would be more like 30 or 40 percent. Saw several stoned guys hurt themselves badly on the job….. and put others at risk.

I saw way more guys stoned than drunk. In fact, I can only remember a couple of guys that were boozers….. most were stoned.

ETA: What really used to make me laugh is those that would say " I do everything better when I'm stoned".

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I took an MSHA safety class about 10 years ago.  The instructor said that basically one third of the drivers are under the influence of something at any one time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What percentage of drinkers have used alcohol at work. I'd bet the numbers are similar.
View Quote

IF it's as you say, "the numbers are similar."  Then, we could assume that 20% of our co-workers are high. But, wasn't 10% bad enough?  

So, it begs the questions of:

How much loss productivity does that equate to? And, do you really want to work in that kind of environment?  Is it even safe?  What should employers do?

Being HIGH at work is BAD for business.  

You wanna smoke or drink alcohol?  Do it on your own time.  But, come to work ready and sober......to WORK.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I seriously doubt it is only ten percent.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#14]
90% of my class is stoned all day.
They smoke, 24/7.
They all got their welding certs, right after a fresh smoke.
If anything, they say it helps them focus.
Here in Wa many places no longer have THC on their urine test panels.
Further more, the use of mouth swabs - which give a couple hours back of a reading, are more & more common.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#15]
States that are legalizing that shit are going to be in for a rude awaking ….. well, I guess they already are having trouble.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#16]
We have a part time night person who comes in high quite often.  What is his day job you might ask?  He is a high school history teacher.  I tell him to do back stock and let his co-worker handle the register.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#17]
and the other 1/2 is zombied on anti-whatever meds
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]
MARIJUANA NEEDLES!!!!111 MARIJUANA NEEEEEDDDLLLLESSS EVVVVVVEERRRYYYWHERRRREE!!!!11
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
States that are legalizing that shit are going to be in for a rude awaking ….. well, I guess they already are having trouble.
View Quote

Just imagine if states banned alcohol, NOBODY would EVER show up to work drunk.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

it isn't exactly news
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They smoke, 24/7.
Further more, the use of mouth swabs - which give a couple hours back of a reading, are more & more common.
View Quote

Being in class where they take your money is one thing. Working on a job where your work counts is a totally different situation.
I know more than a few welders that weld pressure vessels, steam pipes, etc. where their work is constantly checked and one screw up gets you time off….. a couple screw ups gets you out the door.

See how your high classmates fair in the real world.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They smoke, 24/7.
View Quote

I've known drunks who swore up and down that they drive better when under the influence; since they are habitual users, their opinion doesn't carry much weight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, whatever.  Argue all you want and curse reality. Fact is, states that have legalized pot are already seeing the detrimental affects.

You can make your comparisons all you want….. reality bites.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#24]
BREAKING:

AUSTIN, TX–Everyone involved in the preparation, delivery, purchase and consumption of a pizza from Tony's New York-Style Pizzeria was thoroughly baked off his ass, it was reported Monday.

"From its creation at the hands of a stoned-out-of-his-mind pizzeria employee to its eventual consumption by a group of guys so unbelievably high they didn't even realize they had mistakenly given the delivery driver a $20 tip, this pizza spent its entire existence in a dense cloud of marijuana fumes," said pizza-industry watchdog Roger Dernier, who has been monitoring the link between pizza production and illegal drug use since 1991. "In the brief time this pizza spent on Earth, at no point did it come into contact with a single non-stoned human being."
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I only know one person I'd consider a stoner. She smokes almost every day and frequently goes to work high. And she's a commercial driver.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Being in class where they take your money is one thing. Working on a job where your work counts is a totally different situation.
I know more than a few welders that weld pressure vessels, steam pipes, etc. where their work is constantly checked and one screw up gets you time off….. a couple screw ups gets you out the door.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They smoke, 24/7.

I think most of those guys are gonna end up pulling a trigger on a Mig gun on an assembly line somewhere, where everyone else is either still drunk, stoned, running on a belly full of pills - or geeked out on 40oz of RedBull. I worked at a big Fab Shop, making primarily bus chassis (so we had DOT inspections) - that was the way it was there. My lead, STANK of booze, fucking permeating - reliable as can be (I would watch him pound a few 22oz in the parking lot before he went home) & a solid 'production' welder.
I've always thought it was curious how we allow people to go crazy on stimulants, couple of 5 hour energys, chased with some monster - and not consider them impared. That shit jacks me up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, whatever.  Argue all you want and curse reality. Fact is, states that have legalized pot are already seeing the detrimental affects.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2014/07/14/are-pot-smokers-suddenly-employable-in-washington/
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#29]
When I worked at a movie theater after high school, half the staff would come in high. The manager would openly talk about what amphetamines she was using to only sleep an hour or two a night.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

5 hour energys
View Quote

I buy that stuff by the case.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I only know one person I'd consider a stoner. She smokes almost every day and frequently goes to work high. And she's a commercial driver.
View Quote

No random piss tests for her?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2014/07/14/are-pot-smokers-suddenly-employable-in-washington/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can hire someone who flunks a piss test if they want to, that's fine.  When someone comes into work stoned and cuts their finger off on a milling machine, runs a forklift into a pull down door and injures several people on the other side, damages machine tools and has "accidents" while obviously stoned, employers will decide  wether to eat the damage or do what is necessary to protect their bottom lines.  It's just business.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please post the detrimental "affects"
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet they are higher
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#35]

The data analyzed the marijuana and prescription drug habits of 534 Americans. What's more, nearly 81 percent said they scored their cannabis illegally, according to the survey.
View Quote

Very impressive sampling.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn stoners. ..

Damn executives and their 3 martini lunches.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I bet they are higher
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet they are higher

No, drunks were most common to  previous generations…… older dudes. All the drinkers I knew were older guys. The younger workers prefer drugs… by far. As the older guys retire, you see fewer and fewer drinkers and more druggies.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Guy at work can't talk about anything without talking about legalizing pot. He just became a preacher and I assume his sermons are going to be about legalizing pot. I don't care either way. He gets mad when I tell him it doesn't matter what the law says he's not going to smoke pot and keep his job, period. There's a reason we get tested often. I also got a little upset because he's supposed to be a man of god now that when they diagnosed me with MS the only thing he could talk about and the first thing out of his mouth was "Well GOOD, now you can get medical marijuana as soon as they pass it here", yeah some trade off.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#39]
The data analyzed the marijuana and prescription drug habits of 534 Americans. What's more, nearly 81 percent said they scored their cannabis illegally, according to the survey.
View Quote

That right there is the problem.
We need to make drugs double-dog illegal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go google it or do a search here. There were a couple of threads on the "unintended consequences" of legalization.

OR, just believe that it's all a bunch of crap and it's a good thing to work and drive stoned…… that's easier.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Damn stoners. ..

Damn executives and their 3 martini lunches.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

It's good to be the boss.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess not.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I guess not.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess not.  

EIGHTEEN WHEELER MARIJUANA DEATH MACHEEEENEESSSSSS

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No, drunks were most common to  previous generations…… older dudes. All the drinkers I knew were older guys. The younger workers prefer drugs… by far. As the older guys retire, you see fewer and fewer drinkers and more druggies.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure there are still a boatload of kids who drink like it's a sport and go into work drunk, and I'm pretty sure drugs have been a problem for much longer than just this generation.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you drink it enough I personally think you can build up a tolerance to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They smoke, 24/7.

I think most of those guys are gonna end up pulling a trigger on a Mig gun on an assembly line somewhere, where everyone else is either still drunk, stoned, running on a belly full of pills - or geeked out on 40oz of RedBull. I worked at a big Fab Shop, making primarily bus chassis (so we had DOT inspections) - that was the way it was there. My lead, STANK of booze, fucking permeating - reliable as can be (I would watch him pound a few 22oz in the parking lot before he went home) & a solid 'production' welder.
I've always thought it was curious how we allow people to go crazy on stimulants, couple of 5 hour energys, chased with some monster - and not consider them impared. That shit jacks me up.

If you drink it enough I personally think you can build up a tolerance to it.

Just like with anything.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom, scary huh.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#47]
After all the theorizing and handwringing over Legalization, now I'm just sitting back and waiting to see what happens.

I sometimes think I'm the only person in California who hasn't smoked pot.  It's not true, but that's how it feels.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
MARIJUANA NEEDLES!!!!111 MARIJUANA NEEEEEDDDLLLLESSS EVVVVVVEERRRYYYWHERRRREE!!!!11
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Not buying it.

Drugs are illegal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They can hire someone who flunks a piss test if they want to, that's fine.  When someone comes into work stoned and cuts their finger off on a milling machine, runs a forklift into a pull down door and injures several people on the other side, damages machine tools and has "accidents" while obviously stoned, employers will decide  wether to eat the damage or do what is necessary to protect their bottom lines.  It's just business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your describing drunks - in my experience.
It's not a question of flunking a pee test, when they don't test for it in the first place.
If they are shitty, dangerous employees - fire them.
But don't dare mandate what I do at home.
Your not paying me & it's none of your business.
Be that politics, sexual orientation, or personal habits.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top