Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Seriously, except for the Communism thing, Cuba is mega chill.

Good smokes, good drinks, the music, the senioritas...  they can cook a pig like a fuckin boss.

But then the communism.

It's like ketchup on a cheesesteak.  It just fucking ruins it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All my fellow Hispanic Arfcommers... Let's educate the rest of the world that there isn't one "Hispanic Culture". In reality we all hate each other and are fiercely nationalistic. So on that note....

As a Cuban, we are like Texas except we're louder and more annoying than Texans. Fuck you all.... we're the best out of the Spanish speaking population. We have the best music, food, dancing, women (I agree that Venezuela and Brazil produces primo quality T&A that can be compared to Cuban women), and alcoholic drinks!

Also Wet Foot / Dry Foot Bitches!

Next!

Dude dont even go there, it is a universally accepted fact that Colombian women are by far the finest latinas.

Cuban food is okay ( I do like ropa vieja ) but colombian food is by far more tasty, the coffee richer and our spanish clearly the best enunciated and clearest of all

PS; that said I'm American first and foremost

We're all American....[url]http://forums.cincybengals.com/images/smilies/14_1_106[1].gif[/url]

But no.... Columbians are nuts, the women are 2nd place, and your coffee and food is a step below Cuban.

I love Cuban coffee, rum, and cigars. HOWEVER, your food's a tad bland.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5204ee73/turbine/sf-frita-showdown-20130808

Fritia Cubana is best burger.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Seriously, except for the Communism thing, Cuba is mega chill.

Good smokes, good drinks, the music, the senioritas...  they can cook a pig like a fuckin boss.

But then the communism.

It's like ketchup on a cheesesteak.  It just fucking ruins it.
View Quote

Come to Miami.... it's all that minus the communism.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I could eat them every day. I'd probably weigh 3 bills but Id be a happy guy!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I lived in Mexico for a few years.  Nothing pisses of Mexicans more than Americans with a Mexican surnames trying to be down with "la gente".
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am scotish, but origionally my family was from near Barclona...  there is one side that own a valley in Brazil.... my cousin is very pretty... the rest not so
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is thread where I claim my Spanish ancestry?

I am scotish, but origionally my family was from near Barclona...  there is one side that own a valley in Brazil.... my cousin is very pretty... the rest not so

Madrid, on my fathers side.

ETA: maybe I should fix that a bit.......my father's father was scottish - he married a spanish woman in Madrid while he was in the military.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I declare next month Germanic Heritage month.

I will anenx my neighbors yard to celebrate.  Afterwards, there will be beer and sauerkraut in my new kick ass backyard.  Everyone is invited.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a Cuban, we are like Texas except we're louder and more annoying than Texans.

CHALLENGE FUCKING ACCEPTED.  

Used by Carlos Manuel de Cespedes, Father of the Cuban Independence Movement, in his uprising "Grito de Yara" of October 10, 1868

The original and best.... designed in 1848 and used by General Narciso López, made in 1848 the first serious attempt to help Cuba break away from Spanish rule. He carried 'La Estrella Solitaria' -'The Lone Star'-banner.

I've never seen those versions of puerto rican flags before.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#9]

/thread
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Cuban food is great.

Here's your classic Braised or roasted pork

Problem with that is it works better as a braise - crock pot or the like.

I do mine on the smoker with the mojo marinade injected - like this.  You want to stick with a lighter wood for the smoke.  The apple and cherry recommended in the link are good - I've only ever just used apple.

And then you make dem sammiches.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I will anenx my neighbors yard to celebrate.  Afterwards, there will be beer and sauerkraut in my new kick ass backyard.  Everyone is invited.

View Quote

I'll bring the chislic and Märzen.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As a Cuban, we are like Texas except we're louder and more annoying than Texans.

View Quote

Tu madre...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I come from a mexican heritage (my ancestors became citizens way back). I am a third generation Texan.  I have never had any issues with other hispanics. Neither does any of my family or friends.

One of my past supervisors was from Puerto Rico. Both her and her family are some of the best, friendliest people I have ever met.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ill bring the metz!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Holy shit.  I cannot stop of the hysterical laughings.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ill bring the metz!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill bring the metz!

I've got a spätzle maker too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife is Puerto Rican and I'm Cuban.... Lets just say that add some spice to the bedroom. Lot of anger to work out.

We both agree.... Argentinians are assholes and Columbians are fucking crazy.

http://i.imgur.com/lq8xIe3.jpg?1

That is my current favorite Polandball by a long shot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

As a Cuban, we are like Texas except we're louder and more annoying than Texans. Fuck you all.... we're the best out of the Spanish speaking population. We have the best music, food, dancing, women (I agree that Venezuela and Brazil produces primo quality T&A that can be compared to Cuban women), and alcoholic drinks!

I don't care how loud you are, you are a whisper compared to the mother of my daughter.  She is from Galicia, speaks Galego (Galician to you gringo's), Spanish, Portuguese and American English.  She and her kin are without a doubt the loudest bunch of people I have ever encountered in 44 of my 56 years in Tampa Bay (away for twelve years in military service).  

And yes, she knows all of you are lesser Hispanics than her.  She looks down her nose at everyone, but she is particularly contemptuous of Puerto Ricans.  No one has as much class as she does, for she is the royalty of both Spanish and Hispanics.   She will correct your Spanish in biting Castilian verse, mock your food as uncultured, and ridicule your wardrobe with base street spanglish, all the time laughing with infectious mirth and blazing eyes.

How do I know all this?  I was married to her for seven years, and we have raised a daughter in the post divorce fifteen years.  She reminds me of this every time I talk with her.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#19]
When I hear Cubans speak Spanish I can actually hear the words, when I hear Mexicans speak spanning I heat El derpa El derpa La derpa.  So basically I want to learn spanish from a cuban
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
  I don't care how loud you are, you are a whisper compared to the mother of my daughter.  She is from Galicia, speaks Galego (Galician to you gringo's), Spanish, Portuguese and American English.  She and her kin are without a doubt the loudest bunch of people I have ever encountered in 44 of my 56 years in Tampa Bay (away for twelve years in military service).  

View Quote

My Portugese godmother scoffs at this (loudly and obnoxiously) from the grave...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Never been to Asia?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My aunt is Mexican (met and married my uncle when he was in the Navy in Viet Nam.)  Man, she hates some Cubans and Puerto Ricans like a mofo.  She would always make comments when we were little kids.  What is the beef between Mexicans and Cubans/Puerto Ricans or is she just odd?

The most racist people that I've met have been Latin Americans.
Never been to Asia?

We were at a restaurant in Korea when an older waitress brought us our dinner. My buddy said "Domo", and the old lady went high and right as she snatched his plate away, and proceeded to bitch him out.  He didn't eat there that night.

Note to self, don't tell a Korean "Thanks" in Japanese.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I have exactly 0 heritage coming from any Hispanic culture.  

But hot damn if a Cubano isn't my favorite sandwich.  

I multiculture for the noms.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nicaragua is best agua!
View Quote

Black water?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My aunt is Mexican (met and married my uncle when he was in the Navy in Viet Nam.)  Man, she hates some Cubans and Puerto Ricans like a mofo.  She would always make comments when we were little kids.  What is the beef between Mexicans and Cubans/Puerto Ricans or is she just odd?

Asians come in a close second.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My wife is Puerto Rican and I'm Cuban.... Lets just say that add some spice to the bedroom. Lot of anger to work out.

View Quote

Oye cabron, it's C-O-L-O-M-B-I-A!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is thread where I claim my Spanish ancestry?

Now that is an interesting combo. Lots of Latin in there. But also from groups who might resist being called Hispanic.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When I hear Cubans speak Spanish I can actually hear the words, when I hear Mexicans speak spanning I heat El derpa El derpa La derpa.  So basically I want to learn spanish from a cuban
View Quote

A Chilean once told me " You don't speak Spanish. You speak Mexican."
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Time to wear a sombrero, eat tacos and drink tequilla!

Ole'!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Central American racism is almost as impressive as how racists Asian's are.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck you spell check!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Central American racism is almost as impressive as how racists Asian's are.
View Quote

Cuba is not part of Central America. We want nothing to do with them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Colombians like bland food too.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]
My grandparents and parents are all from Cali, Colombia. They always talk about how Hispanics (this is the term we use, NOT Latinos) from other countries all speak Spanish differently aka "wrong". Hispanics are very proud of where they come from and mostly put each other in classes based on nationality.

Example: Colombia > other South American countries > Cuba > Central America > Dominican Republic > Puerto Rico

Also, we are NOT White, regardless of what the government wants to call us. Thanks, but no thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

What happens when a Cuban gets a flat tire?

View Quote

The pilot of the plane calls down to the wheelwell and has him patch it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And yes, she knows all of you are lesser Hispanics than her.  She looks down her nose at everyone, but she is particularly contemptuous of Puerto Ricans.  No one has as much class as she does, for she is the royalty of both Spanish and Hispanics.   She will correct your Spanish in biting Castilian verse, mock your food as uncultured, and ridicule your wardrobe with base street spanglish, all the time laughing with infectious mirth and blazing eyes.

How do I know all this?  I was married to her for seven years, and we have raised a daughter in the post divorce fifteen years.  She reminds me of this every time I talk with her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironically, many of us Cubans can trace our ancestry directly back to Galicia. Asturias and the Canary Islands as well. My own great Grand Parents were both Gallegos. Perhaps thats were the boisterousness of Cubans emanates.

On a side note. Warranted or unwarranted, the Gallegos have a reputation for not being the sharpest knives in the drawer to the rest of Spaniards.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My grandparents and parents are all from Cali, Colombia. They always talk about how Hispanics (this is the term we use, NOT Latinos) from other countries all speak Spanish differently aka "wrong". Hispanics are very proud of where they come from and mostly put each other in classes based on nationality.

Example: Colombia > other South American countries > Cuba > Central America > Dominican Republic > Puerto Rico

Also, we are NOT White, regardless of what the government wants to call us. Thanks, but no thanks.
View Quote

My step family is from Medellin.

They talk funny and eat bland food
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bland? Didn't you do a dinner pic with curry? That shit will burn your tastebuds.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bland? Didn't you do a dinner pic with curry? That shit will burn your tastebuds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I (and my Mexican family) eat delicious and spicy food. The Colombians don't.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#40]
If you are an American that is what you should call yourself, hyphenating the title only sows division in our nation and gives the enemies of our liberty the most effective tool to divide us and destroy that liberty.

Be American.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Ironically, many of us Cubans can trace our ancestry directly back to Galicia. Asturias and the Canary Islands as well. My own great Grand Parents were both Gallegos. Perhaps thats were the boisterousness of Cubans emanates.

On a side note. Warranted or unwarranted, the Gallegos have a reputation for not being the sharpest knives in the drawer to the rest of Spaniards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My great grandparents were from Asturias. Gallegos aren't.... but then again Catalonians aren't either.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#42]
An old Spanish friend who immigrated here legally from Columbia decades ago said all Hispanics nations hate one another. He went onto to say that is great because if they ever united within  America the political clout they would hold would upend America.

I must agree that Latin/Hispanic women are some of the most beautiful women on earth but I am not speaking about the muffin top ho's!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not flavored... that is nasty spicy hot food. There is not taste but the BURNING!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

If you are an American that is what you should call yourself, hyphenating the title only sows division in out nation and gives the enemies of our liberty the most effective tool to divide us and destroy that liberty.

Be American.
View Quote

You're taking the fun out of this thread.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

If you are an American that is what you should call yourself, hyphenating the title only sows division in out nation and gives the enemies of our liberty the most effective tool to divide us and destroy that liberty.

Be American.

View Quote

I got this for you. PM me your address

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#46]
No sh*t that Hispanics hate each other.  As a kid, I'd go to the Mission District which was mostly Mexican. Very safe back then.  Then in the '80s with the influx of immigrants, you had all these Hispanics from different nations and they hated each other, fought and shot each other.  The Mission isn't safe for Hispanics who wear the wrong colors.  Whites are safer and so are Asians (so long as they're not mistaken for Hispanics) in the Mission.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Never been to Asia?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never been to Asia?

Ain't that the truth. Chinese hate Japanese and vice versa. The local people in Hong Kong really look down on their servants from the Phillipines. Taiwanese look down on Chinese. its a mess over there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I see all the OTPRs have checked in.

Merica bitches!!!!!  

Isla del Encanto FTW

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Merica bitches!!!!!  

Isla del Encanto FTW

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224703/67193.JPG
View Quote

That explains a lot about you.

ETA

She Hot

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

ETA

She Hot

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Merica bitches!!!!!  

Isla del Encanto FTW

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224703/67193.JPG

ETA

She Hot

I can't describe my ethnicity as my father did, I got a warning for it once.
But dad was  PR ( Spanish/Italian mix)  and mom was generic Alabama farm girl ( scotch Irish)
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top