User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I was the third brother of five
Doing whatever I had to do to survive
I'm not saying what I did was alright
Trying to break out of the ghetto was a day to day fight...

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no inbreeding, indoor plumbing and dental care. plus we can count and read
View Quote

when did you leave Ohio?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was born and raised very rural, grew up on a farm, I can't see my neighbors from my house and I have a big pasture across the road and woods all around me.

I did live in the village where I went to college, but it was a town slightly larger than my own, so it wasn't much of a stretch and our apartment still had a large yard and off street parking.

One thing I never got to experience (for the good or the bad) was actually living in a city. I don't mean a ghetto, but just a nice clean urban area. I love where I am, but I do wonder how nice it would be to just leave the building and be able to skate or bike, or be within walking distance to shops and places to eat. Or how nice it would be to not have a 60 mile drive for work on any given day.

So people that live urban, is it really that terrible? I know I would be wanting to come back to the woods eventually, but I do sort of regret not getting a chance to experience it when I was still college age or in my early 20's, and probably never will now.
View Quote

worst possible thing that can happen to a human being other than prison imo
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yeppers...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My house is in the center of this.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=62563

Philly?

yeppers...

My condolences.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
It's horrible.  You can't just decide to have "Asian" food.  You have to pick between several nationalities, and then individual restaurants.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Live in Hollywood, grew up in the burbs. Love the city life, everything is walking distance or a short Uber ride away. Like anything it has its ups ands downs, you get used to the traffic and bums.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I grew up in Detroit moved to the subs in the 70's short stint in the city life after the service. Rural life has been my mode of operation and keeper of sanity for many years. I have recently moved back to the city (a small one) the occasional siren still irritates me.
Still piss outside when I want to though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My condolences.

View Quote

"It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others"
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's survival. You live day to day. City streets don't have much pity.

When you're down, that's where you'll stay. Nothing grows, life ain't very pretty. No one's there to catch you when you fall.

Kind of a concrete version of GD.

View Quote

Life in the city can make you crazy for sounds of the sand and the sea

Life in a high rise can make you hungry for things that you can't even see
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You say you've never gotten to experience urban life....

I've never been raped by an angry and rabid gorilla.

Sometimes the things we haven't experienced are best left alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell with a side of traffic.

What if you don't have to drive though?

Say you live within walking or biking distance to work.

I love living in the city.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I keep seeing all this crap about restaurants to eat at.

So fucking what, If i want korean ill cook it if i want japanese i cook it if i want german ill cook it .
Don't any of you fuck even know how to cook your own dinner?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Manhattan is pretty cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I lived in Manhattan for a bit. It was awesome. I might go back.

Yes it is.  I've been going there regularly for work for many years and I love it.  Briefly. And I get great digs when I am there. But I am usually there for a week or less at a time.

And only because I am used to Manhattan can I like it on short terms.

But I think it is true what they say...I love to visit but wouldn't want to live there.

All other cities try to produce what Manhattan does (or can do) but all of them have MAJOR downsides ...let's take trendy Portland for example

Yeah... that doesn't happen where I live and if you are paying through the nose for single flat just to live there ...so you can walk to restaurants, plays and parks....this is what you'll see. Do you really want that?

I doubt it.

I understand it it if you are young and want to experience it. I really do.  But in the end I feel much different than younger people do about living in any city.  My neighborhood is pretty rural but we are still close to all of those things if we want to go.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's survival. You live day to day. City streets don't have much pity.

When you're down, that's where you'll stay. Nothing grows, life ain't very pretty. No one's there to catch you when you fall.

Kind of a concrete version of GD.

View Quote

It's in your moves...  

It's in your blood...

Your a man of the streets.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I live in Dallas, Texas. Moved here in February; I have a five mile commute to work, a ten dollar uber ride to the bars in uptown, and tens of thousands of good looking women close to my own age (I'm 25 and single). I have a cross fit gym a mile away, and all the good restaurants you can imagine. I LOVE it.

Before this I lived in Midland, Texas. Rent made Dallas look cheap, there were no women, nothing to do, and to go anywhere else I had to drive at least five hours. There was an awesome shooting range there, but that was about it. If I want to get away for the weekend I just go to my deer lease or to one of my friend's ranches. Besides, I think most people are too busy with work for outdoor recreational activities during the work week anyway.

Sure, if I was married I would prefer to live in a rural area. But for a single young guy, give me the city every time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was born and raised very rural, grew up on a farm, I can't see my neighbors from my house and I have a big pasture across the road and woods all around me.

I did live in the village where I went to college, but it was a town slightly larger than my own, so it wasn't much of a stretch and our apartment still had a large yard and off street parking.

One thing I never got to experience (for the good or the bad) was actually living in a city. I don't mean a ghetto, but just a nice clean urban area. I love where I am, but I do wonder how nice it would be to just leave the building and be able to skate or bike, or be within walking distance to shops and places to eat. Or how nice it would be to not have a 60 mile drive for work on any given day.

So people that live urban, is it really that terrible? I know I would be wanting to come back to the woods eventually, but I do sort of regret not getting a chance to experience it when I was still college age or in my early 20's, and probably never will now.
View Quote

I've lived in downtown San Francisco for eight years and counting. I enjoy living here because it has a lot to offer, although I'm sure everyone is already aware of the downsides.

Benefits:
-Downtown SF, while far from perfect, is relatively clean (compared to the stereotypical "urban area").
-Everything is close together. I have a 20 minute commute to work on foot, so I never have to deal with traffic. You can text a friend to meet up for beers after work, and it's just a five minute detour on foot for both of you.
-There's something about walking to work every day among tall buildings that makes you feel like you've made something of yourself. It never really gets old.
-Weekend downtown traffic is usually negligible, since not a lot of people live here, and the ones who do don't really drive much. (The one exception is when the Giants are playing, since I live near the stadium, and the home games create a lot of traffic. I just try to avoid driving during those times.)
-There are more bars and restaurants than you can count, and they are opening/closing faster than I can try them. Every imaginable cuisine is available. Every beverage you can think of can be found, either at a bar or at retail.
-When going out, you can walk there, or you can take the subway, or the bus, or a taxi, or one of the rideshare services (e.g., uber, lyft, sidecar). You never have to worry about driving drunk or finding a designated driver.
-I can leave my apartment, walk half a block, and see the bay and the bridge. I can hop in the car, drive 30 minutes, and be hiking in the wilderness. I can take the trolley to the waterfront and go salmon fishing. There are actually several shooting ranges within an hour's drive as well.
-SF is the center of the tech/app economy. I can order a pack of spaghetti from Google and it will be delivered that night in time for dinner.
-The airport is very accessible (30 mins on the subway), and there are relatively cheap flights to anywhere in the world, with few or no connections needed.

Drawbacks:
-Cities are fairly left-wing. SF is an extreme example of this. You are "behind enemy lines," in a sense. Gun ownership is generally tolerated among most professionals, but not so much in the broader population.
-Housing costs are nuts. Dwellings are also very small. SF is probably also an extreme example of this. I pay ~$2,300/mo for a 460 sq ft studio.
-Between the weekday traffic, the taxis starting/stopping, the buses, the cyclists, the pedestrians, the lack of parking, etc., driving can sometimes be a nightmare. For this reason, most of the people who live here do not drive in the city. As a result, most of the people who ARE driving are lost, since they aren't from here and don't know which streets are one-way, etc.
-Parking is expensive and scarce, although, of course, it's less necessary since there are other ways to get around.
-I don't have any kids, but if I did, I wouldn't raise them in the city. Most of the public schools are no good, the private ones are pricey, and there are no other kids to play with and very few parks to play in.
-The city can be noisy.
-You have to learn to get along with all kinds of people. There are street fairs full of naked men in leather. There are monthly bicycle rides where thousands of cyclists block traffic for hours to assert their "right to cycle." Groups like this that would probably be beaten or shot in a red state are accepted here.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#16]
What are these apartments everyone keeps talking about.

I live in a house in a city.  It has a big back yard with trees.  I go outside and grill, throw the ball to my dog, and watch my kids run around.  I paid $125K for it, it's in one of the best housing markets in the country.

If we want to escape there are several lakes within an hour or so of us, many of them featuring some pretty nice state parks.

Not every city dweller lives in a little box.

ETA: I also rarely get myself stuck in traffic, and not all of my neighbors are liberals.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:29:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So fucking what, If i want korean ill cook it if i want japanese i cook it if i want germany ill cook it .
View Quote

I'd offer you a cookie, but you can just bake one yourself.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So fucking what, If i want korean ill cook it if i want japanese i cook it if i want germany ill cook it .

ZING!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I cook dinner probably 5-6 days out of the week, so I'm more than capable of cooking my own dinner. But at least I can choose to go to a place where actual [fill in the blank] people make their own cuisine. It's also a great excuse for dates or just to spend time with friends (e.g., "let's go try the ____ place").

It's there if you want it. You don't have to take it.

Furthermore, I've realized that there are several food items that are not cost-effective to make at home. For instance, I could make a blackberry pie from scratch, and I do sometimes, but I have to buy five packs of blackberries and a pound of butter in order to do it (~$20), and then spend an hour or two making it, whereas I could just go buy one for $8. Or I could spend an entire day making pork stock and kneading my own authentic ramen noodles out of eggs and kansui (special alkaline water I'd have to order online), or I can go to a specialty restaurant and order a bowl for $8.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I live in a house in a city.  It has a big back yard with trees.  I go outside and grill, throw the ball to my dog, and watch my kids run around.  I paid $125K for it, it's in one of the best housing markets in the country.

If we want to escape there are several lakes within an hour or so of us, many of them featuring some pretty nice state parks.

View Quote

ever thought about what it would be like to have your own lake in your own yard that you can fish in and your own me park (not state not federal) that you can ride your own horses and bikes in? I mean your rules and your rules only every single day? Is a new trendy bar that may not be there tomorrow better than that?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I grew up in the suburbs and went to college in similar settings.  After college I got my job in the same suburbs I grew up in.

In my late 20s I broke out of my bubble and moved to San Francisco.  Lived in one of the nicest parts of town (Pacific Heights).

During that time, I was never more than a short walk from the best restaurants, bands, clubs, and entertainment that the world had to offer.  I had a new Corvette and Harley that rarely moved.  I dated the most beautiful, professional women a homely man like myself could hope for (I dumped a surgeon for a lawyer...maybe should have kept the surgeon).  

It would have been tough without a good job.  But my advice to any young person is to live in the biggest city you can afford.  It will make you a better person.  

I moved out too soon.  I've wanted to get back ever since.

You have your whole life to live in the suburbs or the country.  The big city is for young single people.  Worry about guns and politics when you're old.  Live your life now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:46:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I grew up in a Texas country town, spent 4 1/2 yrs in college, 9 years in the Air Force, and 27 years in Dallas so that I could afford to do what my parents told me I would wind up doing if i didn't settle down and apply myself. Cities suck! Now I'm 1.5 miles from the nearest neighbor, 35 miles from the grocery store, and 35 ft. from heaven.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:05:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm 59. Spent most of the first half of my life in a rural setting. Walk out the back door and shoot anything but a high-powered rifle, or,  walk aqnother 1/4 mile and shoot ANYTHING.........

Worked and traipsed all over........ I think about  42 states........ Currently reside in L.A. county..........

The animals around these parts are dumber than shit.  Mostly 'cause they've never been hunted compared to say ....whitetails in Va.  

One of, if not the, wariest of animals in the world......

One other example........Crows.  Back in Va. those fuckers could tell the difference between a scoped high powered rifle...... and a shotgun....

Here you shoot'em  with any decent .177 caliber pellet rifle and they keep comin' till you get tired of shooting the fucks........

So I've heard......

Point being........stay rural if possible...... unless you like  shootin.....

....... 'dumbass crows.....

ETA:  "Bud Ice"... fueled.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:06:52 AM EDT
[#24]
It's wonderful. Bike or walk or side the train to do just about anything that interests me. Neighbors and friends close by. Both of my children live within a couple of miles. Walk to work.

If I want to go shooting it's a 20 minute drive out of town to the gun club.

Beach is a 30 minute drive.

There is always a festival or event to go to.

All the sports venues are just a couple of minutes away.

Edit to add: I live in Houston.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
ever thought about what it would be like to have your own lake in your own yard that you can fish in and your own me park (not state not federal) that you can ride your own horses and bikes in? I mean your rules and your rules only every single day? Is a new trendy bar that may not be there tomorrow better than that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, I think about it every day.  My kids are missing out on certain things, and it's something that I regret.  I try to make up for it as best I can with vacations and day trips to quiet places.  It is unfortunate that I don't own any of those places.

I was talking to my wife just last Saturday about living a more rural existence.  We were driving to Lake Tawakoni through the small town of Wills Point, and I thought about how nice it would be to have one of those homes that dot the country road ever so sparsely.

But we've made our decision to live where we live. There are many benefits to it.  My last post really just stated that "it's not so bad," but in reality life is pretty awesome.  It isn't perfect, but rural life has it's drawbacks, too, and at the moment I'm not up for trading one set of drawbacks for another.

As far as the new trendy bar, well, I work at the new trendy bar.  My livelihood revolves around nightlife, so there's that as well :)

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's wonderful. Bike or walk or side the train to do just about anything that interests me. Neighbors and friends close by. Both of my children live within a couple of miles. Walk to work.

If I want to go shooting it's a 20 minute drive out of town to the gun club.

Beach is a 30 minute drive.

There is always a festival or event to go to.

All the sports venues are just a couple of minutes away.

Edit to add: I live in Houston.
View Quote

What is "ZWE" ....a new suburb.......I don't think I've been to ZWE Texas......
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never thought I'd live here, but I really love it. My preconceived ideas of what it would be like (full of jerks, annoying, no privacy, etc) were largely wrong. For example, I don't think I'll ever have this much privacy again because I'm totally anonymous. In a city of millions, nobody cares who you are.  In a town of thousands, everybody knows too much about each other.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So people that live urban, is it really that terrible?
View Quote

You would probably think so. You'd probably hate it as much as I'd hate living on a farm, out in the sticks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I never thought I'd live here, but I really love it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never thought I'd live here, but I really love it.

Living in Manhattan is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well said
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#31]
City of 10k to 50k, or city over a million?   If over 1 million live in the burbs, it is the only way to keep sanity.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#32]
It's like camping at a state park.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

No more pissing off your porch
View Quote

But lots of people pissing on your porch.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#34]
It's fine if you are young and or rich. I lived near the dead center of a small city for 30+ years and it was survivable... Two neighbors murdered, one shooting, one armed robbery all on a block of 20 houses. Fights for parking space and no convenient public transportation.

Now I live in a nice house in the best neighborhood in the county. I'm 3 miles from nothing and 4 miles from everything. Traffic is only bad on summer weekends when all the people who hate the city they live in come up here to fuck up our area.

Note that not all cities are the same, Virginia Beach is way different than Philly and NYC is unique. Personally, I will NEVER be happy in a city until I win the powerball.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How country / upstate are you?  Originally from the NYC area. There are some places you don't go. We left 30 yrs ago. Place we live now, less than 6k when we moved here, now it's 20K +. Currently browsing real rural (for now) places.  Outside of being able to hustle and really generate income, it sucks, neighbors will be hipsters or D's who are all progressive forward thinkers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How country / upstate are you?  Originally from the NYC area. There are some places you don't go. We left 30 yrs ago. Place we live now, less than 6k when we moved here, now it's 20K +. Currently browsing real rural (for now) places.  Outside of being able to hustle and really generate income, it sucks, neighbors will be hipsters or D's who are all progressive forward thinkers.

I graduated with a class of 32 people, one school in the town. It takes about 35 minutes just to get to an on ramp for a highway. Town population is between 2-3k.

I love it out here, it's peaceful and people leave you alone, but being so far from money is annoying, I do a lot of driving just to make a living, and there is no work to be had in town since they don't have any money and have no idea of the actual cost of things for the most part.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I've lived in small towns, big cities, and the middle of fucking nowhere.    

Cities are a nice place to visit.  I'm about 3 miles from my closest neighbor and 90 miles from a city.  That's about right for me.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You would probably think so. You'd probably hate it as much as I'd hate living on a farm, out in the sticks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So people that live urban, is it really that terrible?

That is probably a valid comparison.

I guess it's always greener on the other side, I have a friend coming to stay for the weekend and the first thing he asked was if we could have a fire in the bbq pit out back while he was here. I guess I take for granted the fact that I can just traipse out back, light a fire with wood from our property and have a good time just hanging out or shooting the pellet gun at cans.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#38]

I have traveled around a lot and lived in some different places.   And I love living in the city.

I spent a significant amount of time growing up an working on my grandparents farm, I've lived in the country, lived in the suburbs, but I love the city.

Right now I live on the near north side of Indy in the midtown neighborhood, which is an interesting mix of working class scumbags like me and young middle-class professionals.

On the weekend I rarely drive. I can walk to some great bars, or the grocery stores, or breweries, or tasting rooms, or record shops, etc

It fits my lifestyle and I love the architecture.  The only downside is that I have to drive 40 min to go to shoot.

Some day I will trade it all in for a spread in the country, where I have to drive 20 minutes to do anything but don't have to deal with neighbors

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I live in a ranch style house in a savannah suburb. It's about 2 miles to work. Not far to get groceries. I have a productive garden most years and a couple of chickens.

At one time I lived 16 miles from anything (before this area was built up) in a nearby low country area. It was the worst time of my life. I was surrounded by "natives" and I mean this in the strictest sense. It was like living in a third world country and the only time I had to shoot at people.

I dont really go anywhere where I'm at now, when I'm able I go to Beaufort or walterboro. Still the neighbors are nice, I can't complain much.

I would rather live in a small town but I like the job opportunities where I'm at. I hope to move when I retire.

A lot of people have boats and fish around here. I like camping and hiking, there isn't much of that. There is kayaking though. Mostly there are a lot of bars and drinking which appeals to the young.

I think the character of an area is more important than if it is rural or not. The friends I know that live in rural areas put up with a lot more crap than I do. It's far from a utopia.

I've lived in larger cities at one time or another. I've lived in ft lauderdale fla and Columbia sc.

My favorite place I've lived was greenville Alabama. That was in the 70's. At close to a utopia as I have ever come. :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Living in and around cities is pretty awesome.

I suppose it would suck if you hated nightlife, music, bars, people, making friends, museums, culture things like that.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I lived in the country from birth to 21, now living on the outskirts of a small city.

I miss the peace & quiet, ambulances drive by my house regularly, but apart from that I love it.
Closer to the range to go shooting than were I lived before, easy to get to work each day, even driving in to work isn't too bad. Getting home can take a while sometimes.

Having the option of food being delivered straight to my door is great too!

I'm not much of a drinker, but if I do go out with friends I don't have to worry about parking/taxi or accommodation for the night.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#42]
I live way out in the sticks. That will be the way it remains. I`ve been all over the world from Alaska to Bejing to Amsterdam to Chile to Manhattan. Cities are dirty and foul at best. My place is clean at worst.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Every moment I live here is another moment of agony.

It's like being pinned under a boulder in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness and knowing that no matter how loudly you scream, no one will ever hear you. Then, at night, the wolves come...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Cities suck donkey dick.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#45]
ROFL.... OMG reading some of the tales of woe of "tuuurible city life" is freaking hilarious.

Maybe Seattle is a statistical outlier... but I have a hell of a lot of fun every time I go downtown.  Hell, I had a ton of fun in San Diego too...  really, any city I've been to or lived in.

I really wonder what some of you guys are doing wrong.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
ROFL.... OMG reading some of the tales of woe of "tuuurible city life" is freaking hilarious.

Maybe Seattle is a statistical outlier... but I have a hell of a lot of fun every time I go downtown.  Hell, I had a ton of fun in San Diego too...  really, any city I've been to or lived in.

View Quote

I'm with this guy.

The city life is awesome.

Yea my neighbors on one side are crazy as hell, and  traffic and parking can be a pain, but that's what my bikes and feet are for. People are cool around here, there are restaurants and bars and businesses filled with locals and a serious sense of community.  

People say hi, and are friendly, but don't want to get involved. No hoa, no nosey neighbors just people trying to get by.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok............let me put it more clearly than my previous post.................

Cities can sniff my crotch fruit after I have been working outside all day in the hot sun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#48]
See the slick con man thread for your answer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
See the slick con man thread for your answer.
View Quote

Shit............that's one of your better cities.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

My guess would be personality difference.   Night life of the city is alluring to some, while looking at the stars is alluring to others.  

In my youth i had more fun at bonfires then i did at night clubs.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top