Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/17/2014 9:52:28 PM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/09/17/law-enforcement-bulletin-warned-isis-urging-jihad-attacks-on-us-soil/

A law enforcement bulletin obtained by FoxNews.com warned that Islamic State fighters have increased calls for "lone wolves" to attack U.S. soldiers in America in recent months, citing one tweet that called for jihadists to find service members' addresses online and then "show up and slaughter them."

There will be "a continued call - by Western fighters in Syria and terrorist organizations - for lone offender attacks against U.S. military facilities and personnel,” warned a July law enforcement intelligence bulletin from the Central Florida Intelligence Exchange, a state-run agency that gathers, assesses and shares threat information and works with the Department of Homeland Security. "These threats will most likely increase should the U.S. or its allies attack the Islamic State of Iraq and Sham (ISIS) in Syria or Iraq.”

In one example cited in the bulletin, a British jihadist encouraged radicals still living in the West to use Facebook and LinkedIn to find and target soldiers.

"You could literally search for soldiers, find their town, photos of them, look for address in Yellowbook or something," the tweet read. "Then show up and slaughter them.”

The bulletin came out long before Tuesday's indictment of an upstate New York man on a raft of terror-related charges, including attempting to kill "officers and employees of the United States. Mufid Elfgeeh, 30, of Rochester, was indicted Tuesday by a federal grand jury on three counts of attempting to provide material support and resources to Islamic State. Elfgeeh was arrested in late May in a Walmart parking lot after a sting in which an FBI informant offered to sell him guns and silencers, which Elfgeeh allegedly wanted to use to kill returning American troops as well as Shiite Muslims living in the region.

Killing U.S. troops on American soil is is an increasing focus of  jihadists, according to the bulletin, titled "Continued Threat to Military Personnel from Al-Qaida Inspired Homegrown Violent Extremists.” It was sent out on July 8, 2014 "in response to recent social media messaging from Western fighters in Syria calling for attacks against "soldiers in the West.” Instead of luring radicalized Americans to the Middle East, Islamic State will likely encourage them to stay home and kill U.S. soldiers here, the bulletin warned.

"U.S.-based [Home-Grown Violent Extremists] could be inspired by this rhetoric to turn their attention towards carrying out attacks at home,” the bulletin states.

The radical rhetoric is delivered via social media, where Islamic State operatives have long exhorted westerners to get on a plane and come join the battle. But terrorists now believe they can have a powerful effect from afar just by inspiring attacks inside the U.S.

"In recent Twitter posts, foreign fighters in Syria have encouraged Muslims in the West to target soldiers with spontaneous attacks using small arms (i.e. knives and guns),” the bulletin said.

It listed several examples of tweets posted in late June that specifically mention interest in attacking Western military personnel. In one series of tweets a British fighter formerly with Jabhat al Nusra lamented the terrorist infighting between Islamic State and groups affiliated with Al Qaeda.

"I’m realizing bickering about internal politics is taking up our time too much, the enemies are working what’s stopping you from something like learning how to make explosives or learning shooting, or killing vulnerable soldiers right now? (To the bros in the West).”

The bulletin also cited an uptick in chatter on Internet forums calling for attacks on Western military targets, with many referring to Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hassan, who killed 13 service members at the Texas Army base in 2009 in a case the Obama administration still labels as an example of "workplace violence," and not terrorism. Hasan recently announced from prison, where he is awaiting execution, he wanted to join Islamic State.

A commenter on the Ansar Al-Mujahideen English Forum reposted a 2009 statement from radicalized American Adam Gadahn, now a senior Al Qaeda leader, praising  Hasan.

"The Mujahid brother Nidal Hasan, lightly armed but with a big heart, a strong will and a confident step, again brought into focus the weaknesses and vulnerabilities of America...and most significantly, the Mujahid brother Nidal Hasan is a pioneer, a trailblazer and a role model who has opened the door, lit a path and shown the way forward for every Muslim among the unbelievers and yearns to discharge his duty to Allah and play a part in the defense of Islam and Muslims against the savage, heartless and bloody Zionist Crusader assault on our religion, sacred places and homelands,” read the statement.

The intelligence center assessed in July " "that military personnel will likely be targeted individually in spontaneous ‘ambush’ style attacks similar to the May, 2013, machete attack against British soldier Drummer Lee Rigby in the U.K.

Well that isn't certainly a nice thing to do to someone you find on Facebook or LinkedIn

Fuckers.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if I can use this as my "cause" to obtain my CA CCW license???
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking cowards
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
God help us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

God help us.
View Quote

He's on strike, vacation, or taking a very long shit.

Take your pick.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The backlash is going to be brutal on innocent people and the economy
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
This can't come as a surprise to anyone. Right?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Whats the ROE on IS in the United States?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Let military folks carry at all times.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll smoke'm on sight.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]
They're coward fear mongers. Imma keep doin me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Assume that any Muslim is a potential threat and remain vigilant.  If threatened with deadly intent, negate the threat as you would any other threat.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let military folks EVERYONE carry at all times.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#14]
One of them already killed that nice young man in New Jersey while he was stopped at a stop light.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/09/12/act-jihad-america-radio-host-says-teens-murder-was-domestic-terrorism
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about everyone.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Bullshit. Obama says they are not a threat....

FBHO
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This can't come as a surprise to anyone. Right?
View Quote
Not at all. I have been expecting it for quite awhile.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't worry any attack by a Muslim jihadi will be blamed on a white Christian veteran and be used as a basis for more gun control in the name of public safety.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How about everyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

Members of the military are prohibited from carrying at all times, unlike their civilian counterparts in free states who can carry when traveling to work or going home and where they live, and sometimes at work.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The backlash is going to be brutal on innocent people and the economy would be brutal.
View Quote

obama's solution will be a gun ban, count on it. And it will likely be a total gun ban, and will likely pass.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish a motherfucker would try some jihad shit at my house.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

obama's solution will be a gun ban, count on it. And it will likely be a total gun ban, and will likely pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The backlash is going to be brutal on innocent people and the economy would be brutal.

That's the way I see them re-acting. Civilians get shot- take guns from civilians!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Members of the military are prohibited from carrying at all times, unlike their civilian counterparts in free states who can carry when traveling to work or going home and where they live, and sometimes at work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

Are you referring to entering an installation?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

Change the policy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
Put a "ISIS Welcoming Center," "Free Snackbar," or similar sign in your front yard.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's no rule that coward fear mongers can't pose an actual threat too. And any incident could be made worse with rioting and carrying on by our own people. I try not to pull chicken littles, but enough of the right people are concerned that I'm going to go ahead and take this seriously and top off supplies with my next paycheck. Just in case my local opportunists make it unpleasant to run to the store.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

Generally speaking, entering, working on or living on a military base. In a locked container separate from ammunition and outside the passenger compartment isn't the way to do it and technically won't fly as an every day thing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Our lives are about to change again.  They will likely choose to disarm us in an attempt to make us safer.  

Fuck these motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuck those motherfuckers.

Is it bad I've upped my daily carry to 2 guns on me at all times, and a long gun in every room of my apartment since I live next door to a mosque?

After Foley's beheading, I was talking to some of the Hadji's next door, and they said they didn't agree with ISIS, but also, made a lot of reasons why their actions were appropriate through teachings of Islam.

I was pretty surprised that a "moderate" group, would not want to distance themselves from ISIS.

Fuck it, I have a strong distrust of ALL Muslims.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Put a "ISIS Welcoming Center" or similar sign in your front yard.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Put a "ISIS Welcoming Center" or similar sign in your front yard.  

See them walking up.

How you fellas doing?

Akan Snackbar

Then

Have fun with yer virgins.  Nobody ever said they were women.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'll smoke'm on sight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll smoke'm on sight.

Yep. I'm not bound by ROE, I'm a private citizen.

Stopping a felony with deadly force is perfectly legal in most of the country.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably.  Obunghole is not going to let a good crisis go to waste. He's more likely to try a ban if they hit soft targets during the holidays,  which is what I predict will happen.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Change the policy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

Change the policy.

Oh, indeed. Some folks were feeling left out at the mention of policy, though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Generally speaking, entering, working on or living on a military base. In a locked container separate from ammunition and outside the passenger compartment isn't the way to do it and technically won't fly as an every day thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

That sucks. I'm not supposed to carry into the armory I work at.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There's no rule that coward fear mongers can't pose an actual threat too. And any incident could be made worse with rioting and carrying on by our own people. I try not to pull chicken littles, but enough of the right people are concerned that I'm going to go ahead and take this seriously and top off supplies with my next paycheck. Just in case my local opportunists make it unpleasant to run to the store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't drive on icy roads if I don't have to. Still, I neither fear nor style my life around the prospect of icy roads. When the roads are icy I wear my seat belt and drive slowly. This is because I'm not tough and edgy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
One of them already killed that nice young man in New Jersey while he was stopped at a stop light.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/09/12/act-jihad-america-radio-host-says-teens-murder-was-domestic-terrorism
View Quote

Pretty pissed that this is the first I've heard of this.

Usually Arfcom is on top of it covering this shit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

What?  Thats news to me, and a lot of guys I work with.

At work, yes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, a few folks I work with are Muslims.

One even says he is from Jerusalem, though he AND his dad were born in Qatar. That would be like me saying I am from Bratislava.

The vehemence of him stating his hometown (among other things) makes me wonder what would happen if push came to shove...  

(Two years to go until I retire from the Guard.)
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

At work, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

At work, yes.

And to and from work if you park on base.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be surprised. This victim was a very nice boy who was loved, and from all accounts would give you the shirt off his back.  The media will of course ignore that....they rather uplift a thug like Michael Brown as the perfectly innocent victim.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't drive on icy roads if I don't have to. Still, I neither fear nor style my life around the prospect of icy roads. When the roads are icy I wear my seat belt and drive slowly. This is because I'm not tough and edgy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the potential threat of icy roads reminds you that you should be wearing your seat belt regardless of conditions, then no harm in using the weather report as the kick in the ass to do the right thing anyway.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

At work, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

At work, yes.

There aren't many posts where you can just drive through the security checkpoint with your pistol strapped on without violating the rules and risking nasty repercussions. Living on post and doing the same when coming and going is rather an issue, too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about everyone.

At work, yes.

Well yeah... I mean, not prohibited on the road, but as soon as you pass the gate it will be.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#44]
The freedom to live in fear 24/7.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My unit has been pretty hot and heavy about active shooter training over the past few drills...

Interesting
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If the potential threat of icy roads reminds you that you should be wearing your seat belt regardless of conditions, then no harm in using the weather report as the kick in the ass to do the right thing anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are definitely my smart rabbit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
God help us.
View Quote

Are you familiar with Fazliddin Kurbanov?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He might propose that.

It would NEVER go anywhere, however.

Nick

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Damn, and I just got a badass veteran sticker for my 4Runner. Carry every day and run with the grey man theory.

Bring it bitches!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
God help us.
View Quote

Liberals won't allow it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top