Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/17/2014 3:28:32 PM EDT
This crap is really starting to finally get cheaper!
Flying 3D X8 Model  $289.99

NO I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH BANGGOOD.COM or FLYING 3D

Everything that I have read is showing this new quad to be rather good.
GPS, Lipo and a good controller is included.

More information
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2217137

THere are confirmed reports on RCGroups that it is using BigflyShark Flight controller
Shoot 6 months ago, something that was similar in specs cost over $600.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks promising
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Sneaky spam is sneaky
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks promising
View Quote

I've read up a ton on it.  It's actually the best bang for your buck right now and from what I've read, it flies really well.  GPS hold, Return to Home, Headless Mode and more.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I know nothing about this copter, but banggood is good to go. I ordered my chopper parts from there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sneaky spam is sneaky
View Quote

LOL...Not really trying to spam.  I'm really considering to buy this thing.  As mentioned...I really am not affiliated with either company.  I'm just someone who is looking into getting in another hobby and I thought that I would share my find.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know nothing about this copter, but banggood is good to go. I ordered my chopper parts from there.
View Quote

I've never actually ordered anything from there before.  I'm guessing shipping is slow like it is on Deal extreme since it's a Chinese site?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Pretty good system.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Knowing nothing about these, I see that there is an option for left or right hand throttle upon order. Can someone explain that a bit more?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pretty good system.
View Quote

THere are confirmed reports on RCGroups that it is using BigflyShark Flight controller
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Knowing nothing about these, I see that there is an option for left or right hand throttle upon order. Can someone explain that a bit more?
View Quote

Mode 2 is the mode that majority of people use.  It means that elevation (Throttle) is on the left stick (Mode 2) or on the right stick (Mode 1)
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#11]
*Sigh* tag for more info.  This damn website is gonna make me go broke.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#12]
So how does this compare to the phantoms?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Banggood is solid, but BE WARNED... they ship from China and it takes forever!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I honestly don't know.  I don't own either of them.  The specs are very close to being the same.  This doesn't come with a gimbal...but that's expected for the price.  
Read up on it at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2217137 before you decide to buy either one.
Everything points to me getting this over the Phantoms...mainly due to the price and capabilities.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

get a mode 2 (left throttle)

basically, works best for flying airplanes and helicopters too.

You have throttle and yaw on the left stick, pitch and roll on the right stick
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I must warn you guys...I read that the included LiPo charger can kill the Battery that comes with it.  Your best to buy a different charger.
Also...the confirmed flight times for this is 7-12 minutes....however, you should be able to fit a larger capacity battery in it to get longer flight times.
I think the one that comes with it is 2200mAh...could be wrong.  The Flying 3d site claims you can put a 3S 5000mAh battery in it, but no one has confirmed this yet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I honestly don't know.  I don't own either of them.  The specs are very close to being the same.  This doesn't come with a gimbal...but that's expected for the price.  
Read up on it at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2217137 before you decide to buy either one.
Everything points to me getting this over the Phantoms...mainly due to the price and capabilities.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've just recently started looking at these after seeing phantoms on woot. A couple questions:

What does a gimbal cost to add?
How long is the battery life of the phantom as I see this is 7-12 minutes from your other post?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I've read up a ton on it.  It's actually the best bang for your buck right now and from what I've read, it flies really well.  GPS hold, Return to Home, Headless Mode and more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks promising

Those are some nice features
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've just recently started looking at these after seeing phantoms on woot. A couple questions:

How long is the battery life of the phantom as I see this is 7-12 minutes from your other post?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A gimbal can cost as little as $60 and all of the way up to a few grand....(I'm no expert).
I've seen people use Gimbals that cost less than $100 and their videos turn out great...but in order for them to get them at the quality, they really had to fine tune the hardware/firmware on the the Gimbal.  Can it be done for $60...short answer. Yes

Battery life is never as advertised.  but with that said...there are some phantom models that claim 15min...others claim 25 min.  Best off to find out for sure from confirmed reports of people that own them.  Keep in mind that you can "Upgrade" the battery that comes with the Flying 3D x8...supposedly to 5000mAh which should give you 19-25 min of flight.

Also...when adding a Gibal...that adds weight to the Quad...which in return will decrease flight time by a min or so.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks promising

To be more precise
+ Flight Control interation design, concentrated with gyroscope, balance meter, pressure meter
+ 3 flght modes,, 5 flying functions(attitude, hight, GPS, returning, AOC)
+ High precision GPS support, high precision fixed-point, constant speed, and with good resistance to wind.

It will also send real time telemetry to the controller.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I've heard some good things about this.  It's a good price for a RTF quad.  I've also heard that the batteries that come with it suck and when they get low, the motors just stop spinning and she falls like a stone.  

I'm halfway through a 1000mm hexacopter build.  My last one is sitting at the bottom of a lake, I suspect a faulty flight controller.  One of these cheap quads might be fun to play with, maybe use it over the water instead of the rig I've got thousands invested in.  

Use coupon code GOODBG for an extra 5% off.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmm, maybe I got lucky but the 3 orders I have placed with them I received in about 10-15 business days.
Ordered cheap quad, and spare batteries twice, was surprised at the delivery time, expected longer.

I'm going to look into this setup.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've heard some good things about this.  It's a good price for a RTF quad. I've also heard that the batteries that come with it suck and when they get low, the motors just stop spinning and she falls like a stone.  

I'm halfway through a 1000mm hexacopter build.  My last one is sitting at the bottom of a lake, I suspect a faulty flight controller.  One of these cheap quads might be fun to play with, maybe use it over the water instead of the rig I've got thousands invested in.  

View Quote

Where did you hear that?  Granted, a stock battery from a cheap Quad is going to suck...this is a given...but I've never heard of it falling out of the sky.  Plus with the telemetry...you should always be aware of the battery voltage...am I wrong?

Post a picture of your build...I'd love to see it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hmm, maybe I got lucky but the 3 orders I have placed with them I received in about 10-15 business days.
Ordered cheap quad, and spare batteries twice, was surprised at the delivery time, expected longer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-15 business days is my average from Deal Extreme...so that sounds about right.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
What the hell happened with your awesome avatar?

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was too naughty.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It was too naughty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was too naughty.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tempting ... very very tempting!

(not a tag)
View Quote

This either.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

10-15 business days is my average from Deal Extreme...so that sounds about right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered some spare blades and I got them in about 2 weeks, I ordered another quad and got it in about 2 months. Their CS is crappy since they don't speak english.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Another novice question how far away will this fly under control and how does it compare to a DJI Phantom?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't know anything about this bird but I think a v-max 55-60 gr should work on it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Where did you hear that?  Granted, a stock battery from a cheap Quad is going to suck...this is a given...but I've never heard of it falling out of the sky.  Plus with the telemetry...you should always be aware of the battery voltage...am I wrong?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard some good things about this.  It's a good price for a RTF quad. I've also heard that the batteries that come with it suck and when they get low, the motors just stop spinning and she falls like a stone.  

I read that last week when I was researching these.  http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/new-user-x8-3dr-rtf-on-a-harsh-learning-curve

That's the only negative article I found on them.

I don't have any pics of the current one, I just started building it last week.  I'll take some when I get home tonight, it's still a mess of wires and half soldered joints though.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Another novice question how far away will this fly under control and how does it compare to a DJI Phantom?
View Quote

Range is up to 1000 meters
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#35]
tag
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I read that last week when I was researching these.  http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/new-user-x8-3dr-rtf-on-a-harsh-learning-curve

I don't have any pics of the current one, I just started building it last week.  I'll take some when I get home tonight, it's still a mess of wires and half soldered joints though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to let you know, the link that you posted is talking about the X8 3DR which is a completely different quad.  Look at the title line and Google search for it.  You will see that it's completely different.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#37]
What would be needed to have FPV on this?

I want something I can use to spot deer in the woods, I would send it up to scout and want to watch what the copter sees
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Those guys are right next to me at a trade show this week
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#39]
A great way to watch $289 and a couple hundred worth of GoPro go sailing off into the sky, never to be seen again?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#40]
OK. I'm interested. What do I need to buy in addition to add video capability for this particular copter?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OK. I'm interested. What do I need to buy in addition to add video capability for this particular copter?
View Quote

Velcro and a camera... Lol
Higher quality stuff requires a gimbal and a better camera.... A 5.8 GHz transmitter for live feed video, if that's what your desire is.

It's all realy up to you.  I'm just getting started into this hobby and I have a lot to learn.  Maybe someone could step up and help guide us?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A great way to watch $289 and a couple hundred worth of GoPro go sailing off into the sky, never to be seen again?
View Quote

If you lose signal, the quad will either hover in place or return to home.  I think it depends on what settings you have on.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Those guys are right next to me at a trade show this week
View Quote

Maybe you could get them to give you one.
I'll give you my address if they do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Bump for the morning crew
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I am disappointed that nobody on ARFCOM has one already. I suppose they are too large for basement flying.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks too easy to fly.  I fly an RC helicopter and keeping it stable and making it go where I want takes a lot of concentration.  It's enjoyable at least partly because a 12-year-old can't just flip a switch and push the up button.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Interesting. I wonder what other transmitters work?  That one looks like the regular run of the mill chinese POS.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I am disappointed that nobody on ARFCOM has one already. I suppose they are too large for basement flying.
View Quote

lol.
This particular one just recently came out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Looks too easy to fly.  I fly an RC helicopter and keeping it stable and making it go where I want takes a lot of concentration.  It's enjoyable at least partly because a 12-year-old can't just flip a switch and push the up button.

View Quote

This i can understand.  This quad is mainly designed for shooting video, which have the electronic stabilization really comes in to help.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Interesting. I wonder what other transmitters work?  That one looks like the regular run of the mill chinese POS.  
View Quote

From what I have read, the transmitter that comes with it is actually pretty good.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top