BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 81
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
but I'm thinking that it might just be GIR and myself that are into old blades.
View Quote

Nope, just you!

I've just got a hard on for M 1905 bayonets. My Garand hungers for one. It NEEDS one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
dat knife looka like a pickle
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Patent Print in the making (like 75-87% Josh's work) This will be on a 8" x 12" Photo to Canvas. I will probably have it mailed directly to the winner so both he/she and I don't have to deal with transporting it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Patent Print in the making (like 75-87% Josh's work) This will be on a 8" x 12" Photo to Canvas. I will probably have it mailed directly to the winner so both he/she and I don't have to deal with transporting it.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt251/yukonboy03/ARFCOM/CWAR%20Patent%20ed2_zps2vn6xw7r.jpg

View Quote

Thats pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol, rain...you don't know RAIN!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All this is almost too good. too much winning. I think we need more "embrace the suck". I for one, hope for rain.

Do you even thermoregulate bro?  

Lol, rain...you don't know RAIN!!

I could tell you about rain.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
All this is almost too good. too much wining. I think we need more "embrace the suck".
View Quote

You don't even know yet.

You first need to survive to get any of those prizes.

Not everyone makes it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:...
You first need to survive to get any of those prizes.

Not everyone makes it.
View Quote

Truth.

Flipping a tire on flat, grassy ground is one thing.  

Flipping it up a sandy hill with bushes and cholla... that's a little different.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Orrrrrrrrrrr. Leave a flare gun and watch the sky
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One thing forgot to mention when I talked to you was if you can, maybe run the local guys that are going to be working the course the weekend before.
I know that might be hard to do with having to set up the targets and possibly take them back down, but it is hard to work the course for hours, then run it yourself.
Your times may suffer if your tired and it also help to work bugs out before go time. also it is 3 - 4 less people to run the day of. Just a thought.

It's my first CW and I don't expect a competitive time, I'm just going to do my run and make sure others are having a good time.

In the mean-time, who was the guy that was suggesting a quad-copter?  I lost track in all these pages...

Hey tweeter, I got the copter ready to go.

As far as the parking rendezvous, how far it it from the camp grounds? I got a couple cheapo walkie talkies that we could leave one hanging with a sign to call for pick up if it's not to far. I don't remember the range though.

Awesome news on the eye-in-the-sky!
For the walkie talkies, I can barely manage with HF/two-way/shortwave in this type of terrain with this distance.  It's a fur piece from the rally point/parking.

As for the flare gun, I was gonna suggest smoke grenades during the shooting lanes... but the danger of fires out there is very real.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have about 6 camp chairs I can bring, 1 extra 6 man tent and a few extra sleeping bags and air pads. I can also bring a a few 5 gallon propane bottles. I will also bring an extra ice chest full of ice maybe 2. I also have a 12x10 quick shade and a few lanterns I can bring as well.
View Quote

The shade, lanterns, and chairs are going to be definitely welcome.  Acomodations are looking up!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

For the walkie talkies, I can barely manage with HF/two-way/shortwave in this type of terrain with this distance.  It's a fur piece from the rally point/parking.

As for the flare gun, I was gonna suggest smoke grenades during the shooting lanes... but the danger of fires out there is very real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One thing forgot to mention when I talked to you was if you can, maybe run the local guys that are going to be working the course the weekend before.

I know that might be hard to do with having to set up the targets and possibly take them back down, but it is hard to work the course for hours, then run it yourself.

Your times may suffer if your tired and it also help to work bugs out before go time. also it is 3 - 4 less people to run the day of. Just a thought.

It's my first CW and I don't expect a competitive time, I'm just going to do my run and make sure others are having a good time.

In the mean-time, who was the guy that was suggesting a quad-copter?  I lost track in all these pages...

As far as the parking rendezvous, how far it it from the camp grounds? I got a couple cheapo walkie talkies that we could leave one hanging with a sign to call for pick up if it's not to far. I don't remember the range though.

I think we'll be able to set up a peanut gallery, and make the whole shooting lane a no go zone. Pretty easy to enforce that, considering we'll be shooting down it all day.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I think we'll be able to set up a peanut gallery, and make the whole shooting lane a no go zone. Pretty easy to enforce that, considering we'll be shooting down it all day.

View Quote

maybe we could get a rules amendment for harassing the shooters.
nothing like getting sprayed with a super-soaker or being hit with a water balloon while you're trying to hit a 300-yard target.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

nothing like getting sprayed with a super-soaker or being hit with a water balloon while you're trying to hit a 300-yard target.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nothing like that.

Verbal beratement is as far as it can go.
The peeps, obstacles and run provide the physical.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Easy, you can only be obnoxious from the peanut gallery if you haven't run yet. That way you know whatever you do will come back on you twice as hard.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#14]
200 hrs puts a guy a little behind in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nothing like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing like that.

This.
There is not usually many spectators at the ranges due to the setup of east and liberty, the hazing goes on at the obstacle areas.
Range area needs to be more quiet so the spotter/timer can hear and call hits for the runner.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.
There is not usually many spectators at the ranges due to the setup of east and liberty, the hazing goes on at the obstacle areas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing like that.

This.

Unless Kaik is trying to hold on to his victory.  then he is everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.
Range area needs to be more quiet so the spotter/timer can hear and call hits for the runner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing like that.

This.

and the ones at the range go quiet when people start struggling. Watched some people fall apart out there and not even on the more difficult ones. The moment is stressful and awkward enough with a small audience being silent amidst your misses
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
and the ones at the range go quiet when people start struggling. Watched some people fall apart out there and not even on the more difficult ones. The moment is stressful and awkward enough with a small audience being silent amidst your misses
View Quote

true.

The range, which most people assume will be the easiest part, is where the egos come crashing down.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

true.

The range, which most people assume will be the easiest part, is where the egos come crashing down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

true.

Anyone from this past East knows who you are targeting that with
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

true.

More than just one suffered from that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I finished around the middle of the pack which is what I expected.  Would've done a lot better had I not missed 4 pistol targets.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I shot it damn near clean except the last pistol target... which ironically was also the largest.

I blew more time in dealing with Enemy's little bullshit baby-Glock mags being in my bin and getting them mixed up with mine. "Dude, quit bitching and just throw them all in there..." That was 20 seconds wasted.  What a cock
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I shot it damn near clean except the last pistol target... which ironically was also the largest.

I blew more time in dealing with Enemy's little bullshit baby-Glock mags being in my bin and getting them mixed up with mine. "Dude, quit bitching and just throw them all in there..." That was 20 seconds wasted.  What a cRock
View Quote

Freud was right.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing like that.

This.

Well you weren't going to harass yourself. I should have run next to you the whole way.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well you weren't going to harass yourself. I should have run next to you the whole way.
View Quote

Then you would have missed the first minute of me shooting.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lies.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lies.

It would be cool if we could do a mirrored course, like the final stage in American Gladiator (Eliminator?), that way you two could run head to head. Now THAT would be a fun way to watch you two flirt
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we hit camp from the Rally point with CB or 2M setups?

If I can get the Jeep up somewhere high, it's got both on it...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Is there an official cww logo of just the letters?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is there an official cww logo of just the letters?
View Quote

Not that I know of. The Arizona Flag Peep seems to be our Regimental Insignia. A "CWW" with the Arizona flag colors might look pretty cool, though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've done IDPA, carbine courses, and handgun courses, but those don't truly get your heart rate/breathing up. I did 20 burpees** a couple weekends ago just to simulate running half a mile. Holy crap.

ETA: **right before shooting a series of steel targets
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#32]
As far as jeep with CB or 2M on the ridge, I looked in to doing just that with a mobile repeater i have but going off the sat map pics of the area it just isn't going to work. Too much mountain/hills in the way,even if you do get to the top of the tallest 3 ridges between the rally point and camp site.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As far as jeep with CB or 2M on the ridge, I looked in to doing just that with a mobile repeater i have but going off the sat map pics of the area it just isn't going to work. Too much mountain/hills in the way,even if you do get to the top of the tallest 3 ridges between the rally point and camp site.

View Quote

What your saying is that the desert isn't like on TV?

Guys, we may not make it out.

ETA: Thanks for checking, though. Luckily, Tweeter is doing some major map work. Downloadable and whatnot. I'm not tech savvy, and don't know the jargon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the trick. CWW never ends. It goes until there are no survivors. The wasteland will consume us like a package of peeps.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well craptastic.

Not knowing exactly where we are going to be at... What about mountain-based repeaters?

Is there Cell Service at the RP?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well craptastic.
Not knowing exactly where we are going to be at... What about mountain-based repeaters?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well craptastic.

The first official obstacle is getting to CWW in time to run the course.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome back
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well craptastic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well craptastic.

Cell service until a couple miles from the site. Tweeter may know exactly where it drops, though...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No cell service at site?

Now THAT is CW tradition.

My swamp is a perfect dead zone of no coverage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cell service until a couple miles from the site. Tweeter may know exactly where it drops, though...

No cell service at site?

That's perfect.

I was asking about the Rendezvous point, though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:37:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Would it be possible to just set up a rotation of people that are willing to drive out to the meeting point every hour or so to bring people in? Seems like a good way to work around the communication issue. As long as someone doesn't expect to be picked up at 3am
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:38:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Would it be possible to just set up a rotation of people that are willing to drive out to the meeting point every hour or so to bring people in? Seems like a good way to work around the communication issue. As long as someone doesn't expect to be picked up at 3am
View Quote

just shoot up a flare
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

just shoot up a flare
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just shoot up a flare

It really would be the coolest way
Heres a snapshot from the 20th when people are trying to get picked up
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:12:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Welcome back
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome back

Thanks...

Play by their rules is job #1.  It's not hard...Sort of....
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

ETA: Thanks for checking, though. Luckily, Tweeter is doing some major map work. Downloadable and whatnot. I'm not tech savvy, and don't know the jargon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's perfect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No cell service at site?

That's perfect.

Yeah, there's good service at the RP.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's about an hours drive each way. It would be easiest to set up departure times from the RZ. Or maybe have a "last call" for each day for shuttling.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's about an hours drive each way. It would be easiest to set up departure times from the RZ. Or maybe have a "last call" for each day for shuttling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

It drops off for Sprint and Verizon in vicinity of Driving Waypoint 5.

Terrain from the east masks the only cell tower to our east. and the terrain to the west...  
To the west, all the major trails are in washes or lower ground, if you go higher you can get visibility on towers... you just can't drive there unless you have a very capable vehicle.  By that, I mean a fully-suspended truck or jeep, a UTV, or a quad.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 81
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top