BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The police department said no more posting details.
View Quote

How convenient.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:14:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I don't post here much but I'm trying to get the word out about a robbery that happened while I was away this weekend.  All my guns in the house were stolen, hell, all my valuables period were stolen.  

Here is a picture of my GAP 375 WSM that I would give anything to get back.  It's pretty recognizable so I figured it couldn't hurt:

http://i.imgur.com/sgswWDL.jpg
View Quote

I'd help if you put on a Brewers hat!

JK its unique and would definitely recognize it if I saw it
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:19:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Eta: I'm out if this fail of a thread.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:31:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
What the fuck....
Lame.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Let me get this straight......you left a $5000 rifle unsecured in the flophouse you've been rooming in all through college and took off for a few days?

I don't know what your college experience has been like, I never attended college but a few of my friends have and I partied with them...a lot.  The houses and apartments they had were all the same.....they probably had 2000 kids a year through them and couldn't name more than 20 of them.  You would have had better luck throwing your guns under a random bush or in a culvert somewhere on the way out of town and stopping to pick them up on the way back.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
This thread gives you aids
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:45:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Tell me how you'd get a security deposit back without spending it on bolting it down and then fixing everything when your lease ends or you find a different place.

Safes are great.  They really are.  And if good ones weren't $600 plus, most, if not all of us, would have one.

I'm amazed by the amount of "ZOMG SAFE" people exist on gun boards.  It's almost as if myself, and those who get guns stolen, are the only ones who aren't upper middle class, with no debt, awesome 6 figure jobs, and a supermodel stay at home wife, to boot.  It's almost like in the back of some peoples minds, that, if you own a gun, you should be totally financially secure.

My wife is a teacher, she started late, so a good chunk of her 39K goes to her 401K.  I'm a medically retired vet.  I don't make shit.  Even if I was in the workforce, the reality is that my "skill set" from the military doesn't translate well to the "real world".  I'm kinda like a college grad.  I have a shit ton of knowledge about stuff, but not enough experience to find a non-minimum wage job in the area.  Add to that an 18 month old son, and spending $600+ on something to keep my guns more secure than the closet my son can't open falls under "not justifiable" at this time.
Jesus, a board member lost a freaky looking gun to a fucking piece of shit.  Just keep an eye open and stop harping about safes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was it in a SAFE?

I second that.

Looks like you had some expensive guns and couldn't afford a safe.

I have a fort knox titan. Not the best but if you can get in, have at it.

Hope you get everything back and press charges to the max....

and buy a safe.

You can get a $250 RSC off Amazon and nobody is gonna get that thing is a snatch and grab if you build it up right. 1.5x3.5 on all corners, plywood, bolted down and to a rear wall in a closet. Idea is to prevent tool access and prevent people from getting the container on its back or side.

Also Collectors Insurance is 80 bucks a year for about $12,000 in coverage and they don't require a safe and will cover your ammo and scopes too. Thievery is covered.

Guys, you can't just leave your guns setting out on a stand, uninsured and run off to work. Especially if you have a GAP that you might have 5 thousand bucks in.

Tell me how you'd get a security deposit back without spending it on bolting it down and then fixing everything when your lease ends or you find a different place.

Safes are great.  They really are.  And if good ones weren't $600 plus, most, if not all of us, would have one.

I'm amazed by the amount of "ZOMG SAFE" people exist on gun boards.  It's almost as if myself, and those who get guns stolen, are the only ones who aren't upper middle class, with no debt, awesome 6 figure jobs, and a supermodel stay at home wife, to boot.  It's almost like in the back of some peoples minds, that, if you own a gun, you should be totally financially secure.

My wife is a teacher, she started late, so a good chunk of her 39K goes to her 401K.  I'm a medically retired vet.  I don't make shit.  Even if I was in the workforce, the reality is that my "skill set" from the military doesn't translate well to the "real world".  I'm kinda like a college grad.  I have a shit ton of knowledge about stuff, but not enough experience to find a non-minimum wage job in the area.  Add to that an 18 month old son, and spending $600+ on something to keep my guns more secure than the closet my son can't open falls under "not justifiable" at this time.
Jesus, a board member lost a freaky looking gun to a fucking piece of shit.  Just keep an eye open and stop harping about safes.
I'm not going to bitch at you about a safe.... but I will tell you that having a safe does wonders for peace of mind.

You don't have to spend $600 either. I bet you could get it cheaper if you shop around.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:41:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol x2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol x2

I'm beginning to get the feeling that you question the OP's veracity.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:44:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol x2

What on earth could OP have done to give rise to this belief?  

I'm shocked, I tell you!

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I would rate this as possibly the greatest troll thread of 2014.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Why the fuck would the police have any idea that you've posted any details to begin with?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#14]
sounds like OP wants this thread to end.....

It's making my earlier less likely Option 2 go up a notch.

So what "pawn shop" did the gun end up at?  

I hope I'm wrong.  And I hope this has a happy ending.  Unfortunately, the vibes man, the vibes aren't good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not supposed to say anything else at this time.  I will report back when I can.

lol

Obviously, after his questioning by the police as to his involvement in this apparent insurance scam, his lawyer told him to shut up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#16]
For you cynical bastards, the police department said they monitor this site and asked I don't post any more details pending the investigation, as a lot more of my stuff is still missing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

For you cynical bastards, the police department said they monitor this site and asked I don't post any more details pending the investigation, as a lot more of my stuff is still missing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah.......no they don't. Unless one of them is a member here in which case he would chime in and tell us himself.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I found chief of your police dept.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

They don't monitor this site, they SURF ARF.  Big difference.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Was it in a SAFE?
View Quote

If he was away all weekend, doesn't really matter if he had them in a safe. Most safes can be defeated in less than an hour by determined thieves, and it sounds like these assholes had all the time in the world.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I don't post here much but I'm trying to get the word out about a robbery that happened while I was away this weekend. All my guns in the house were stolen, hell, all my valuables period were stolen.  

Here is a picture of my GAP 375 WSM that I would give anything to get back.  It's pretty recognizable so I figured it couldn't hurt:

http://i.imgur.com/sgswWDL.jpg
View Quote

if i were you, i would start looking at/for people who knew you would be away, this smells like someone you know,

just my OPINION !
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

How old are you? This sounds like a lie a 12 year old would try and pull.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just want to know how your dog got stuffed in a closet by strangers without making a peep?
View Quote

Unless he knew the thief...
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm willing to bet that one or the other knows something about this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.

I'm willing to bet that one or the other knows something about this.

should have had a safe and yes I bet the thief knows you or your roommate
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're kidding, right?

If you want your guns and valuables back, start beating your roommate and his gf until they tell you where they are or who they sold them to.

Seriously.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.

You're kidding, right?

If you want your guns and valuables back, start beating your roommate and his gf until they tell you where they are or who they sold them to.

Seriously.  

Yeah, you can't be that gullible OP!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that a special unit?  Arfcom Monitoring Task Force Z or somesuch?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

No wonder they shoot so many dogs. We give them so much crap about it they figured they might as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#34]
That's a spicy rifle OP. Hope someone spots it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7770316032/hE2098BD5/

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I fucking told everyone here that I was against internetization of the police. I knew something like this would happen. Nobody listened.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#37]
This just keeps getting better.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd515/bushboar/2s0o5j6.gif

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#41]
In before the Police Post on here telling us to cease and desist as we are interfering with an ongoing investigation.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Interdasting...
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#43]
What could you possibly post on here that would interfere with their "investigation?"  Asshole Thief knows he's busted.  Deal time.  That doesn't take days.  Your roommates and/or anyone else involved with Asshole know he's busted.  Have the cops been around to interview them lately?  What "investigation?"

Did YOU know the guy?

Do you have an attorney?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

In before the Police Post on here telling us to cease and desist as we are interfering with an ongoing investigation.

View Quote
You'll be laughing right up until you get some good old fashioned e-hickory shampoo.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#45]
LULZ
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Attention all Arfcommers:

I have been chosen as a representative for the internet police.  As we police the innernets, we discovered this here topic.  We have srs bsns going on with one of our affiliate policing agencies IRL.  WE thank you for your interests in this matter, but respectually request you refarin from talking about this very serious police matter.

I now return you to your many other discussions on ISIS, cheetos, poop, and misogyny.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Skipping to the end to see who gets voltage applied to the man marbles:

The roommate in a dank basement, or the OP in a pit thread.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea the same cops who dont give a shit and didnt report your guns missing are now monitoring ARF so you dont release public information

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top