BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, if they busted the guy from Moberly for Receiving Stolen property, how long before OP's roommate or his GF are tracked down as the ones who actually committed the theft?
View Quote

That depends on the plea deal his attorney works out with the prosecutor.

So OP, have you sent the list of your stolen guns to the FFL's in Moberly yet?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The really interesting thing is that the Moberly MO police post all of their arrests on their Facebook site. Only two arrests potentially match the OP's incident:

On September 17, 2014 in the 500 Blk of E Burkhart St, Officers arrested a 24 year old Moberly Man for Felony Stealing. The man was taken to the Police Department and later released.

On September 17, 2014 in the 1500 Blk of S Morley St, Officers arrested a 23 year old Moberly Man for Felony Receiving Stolen Property, bond $10,000. The man was taken to the Randolph County Justice Center.

So, which is it?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still here!  Nothing new to report. Cops haven't called me.  I can't find an arrest record to link yet.

Guy tried to sell my gun in Moberly, MO.  I'm in Columbia, MO.

The really interesting thing is that the Moberly MO police post all of their arrests on their Facebook site. Only two arrests potentially match the OP's incident:

On September 17, 2014 in the 500 Blk of E Burkhart St, Officers arrested a 24 year old Moberly Man for Felony Stealing. The man was taken to the Police Department and later released.

On September 17, 2014 in the 1500 Blk of S Morley St, Officers arrested a 23 year old Moberly Man for Felony Receiving Stolen Property, bond $10,000. The man was taken to the Randolph County Justice Center.

So, which is it?

Oh damn, now you've done it. You posted Supersecret law-enforcement classified information, on the website the law-enforcement officials are monitoring!!!!!!  

Oh Gawd, oh gawd, we are all gonna go to jail now...... Oh look, a unicorn!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Stupid rationalization.     Thieves like easy pickings.      For the average thief, Safes are not easy to break into.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To all the non-safe-havers:

If you own one gun, say a Glock 19 (because you actually listen to people when you post your "If you could only have one gun..." threads...), then sure, I can understand that you don't have a safe.  We've all been there at some point - every one of us had only one gun once.  And we probably didn't have a safe.  At most, maybe we had a little quick-access gunvault or something - but the gun was still generally available, because we needed it for home defense.

For a lot of us with collections, the G19-in-a-drawer is still our HD gun, and it's still either unsecured or just "kiddie-proofed" depending on who we live with.

But the minute you buy a second gun...  As soon as you make the decision to spend another $500 or more on another weapon...  you need to think real hard about how to come up with another $500 to get a safe.

To have a third gun means you're not even trying.

Which... that's your perogative.  But it's also very foolish.

Here's the problem I've been having. $500 "safes" really are not. Plenty of videos out there showing how easy it is to break into on. Even $1k Liberty safes are guilty. To get a nice safe where you don't feel you just threw your money away you need to get a good AMSEC, convert a used TL safe or something of the like. That's why I don't have a big safe. I feel it is a waste of money that affords me almost no better protection until you get to the bigger commercial ($$) ones.

Stupid rationalization.     Thieves like easy pickings.      For the average thief, Safes are not easy to break into.

With a cheap safe and good opsec, you have improved the securement of your weapons 500%.  A VAST majority of residential burglaries are relatively short duration.......knock twice, bust in the door, go through the house, ransack some drawers, grab jewelry, TV, electronics, whatever else is handy, and GTFO.

If your guns are not in a cheap safe, they are GONE and into the hands of the bad guys.  If they ARE in a cheap safe (even a $350 Harbor Freight Special), they will stay safe a vast majority of the time.  ESPECIALLY if that safe is also HIDDEN, or at least not in plain sight.  The thieves may come back to take a crack at the safe at a later time, but most people with half a brain will have hardened their home even further after the first burglary (such as installing an alarm etc.).
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe OP set up the burglary himself for the insurance money?  

Maybe he got busted.     It's really the only plausible theory.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe OP set up the burglary himself for the insurance money?  

Maybe he got busted.     It's really the only plausible theory.
View Quote

"Mindblown.gif"
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I don't post here much but I'm trying to get the word out about a robbery that happened while I was away this weekend.  All my guns in the house were stolen, hell, all my valuables period were stolen.  

Here is a picture of my GAP 375 WSM that I would give anything to get back.  It's pretty recognizable so I figured it couldn't hurt:

http://i.imgur.com/sgswWDL.jpg
View Quote

Sorry to hear that....

I hate thieves to...

.....will watch...!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that....

I hate thieves to...

.....will watch...!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys, I don't post here much but I'm trying to get the word out about a robbery that happened while I was away this weekend.  All my guns in the house were stolen, hell, all my valuables period were stolen.  

Here is a picture of my GAP 375 WSM that I would give anything to get back.  It's pretty recognizable so I figured it couldn't hurt:

Sorry to hear that....

I hate thieves to...

.....will watch...!

Read the rest of the thread.  The thieves live in the next room from him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:47:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh damn, now you've done it. You posted Supersecret law-enforcement classified information, on the website the law-enforcement officials are monitoring!!!!!!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still here!  Nothing new to report. Cops haven't called me.  I can't find an arrest record to link yet.

Guy tried to sell my gun in Moberly, MO.  I'm in Columbia, MO.

So, which is it?

I'm sorry. Please don't shoot my dog!!!

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that....

I hate thieves to...

.....will watch...!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that....

I hate thieves to...

.....will watch...!

13er
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:29:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Ughh too many warnings Ill take my meme down..

The lulz this thread has them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Got a name/arrest link yet?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Go back a page.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Go back a page.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go back a page.

Saw that, but no name.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Saw that, but no name.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go back a page.

Saw that, but no name.

Reading is fundamental. I ought to try it sometime

Sorry.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]

IR Number: 2014-010579

Crime: BURRES

Location Type: Residence - Single

Date: 09-14-2014

Time: 1:00 AM

OP, glad you got your prized possession back and hope you get the rest of it back once they back trace who the buyer got his stuff from.

I wonder how common Sat night / Sunday AM burglaries are of residences with occupants in it.  And to that, how many with that much stuff taken (multiple trips for the loot).

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.
View Quote

Yeah, uh, about that.  No.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:54:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Still no roommate arrest yet?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Roommate wasn't involved, I found out more information and told the police, and got the message "quit talking about the case", with no further information on what they know.

Essentially I'm 99% sure I have the name the of someone involved in the robbery, told them, and I'm waiting on some actual action to take place, which has not happened yet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is truly the best trolling of Arfcom for this year.

OP is fucking hilarious.

Also:

Step away from the keyboard slowly and show your hands. Walk backwards toward my voice. Keep walking backwards to my voice. Get down on your knees and cross your legs. Put your hands on the back of your head and interlace your fingers.

We all must follow this so we don't interfere with an ongoing high stakes investigation.
View Quote

Well, if it's a TROLL, he trolled multiple sites...

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/173262-look-my-new-thumper-gap.html

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/270275-i-had-really-recognizable-tiger-striped-gun-stolen-can-you-watch.html
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP,

I feel much sadly for your loss of rifle. First allow me to introduce myself, I am Nigerian Prince Kanna I. Foolum. I am most very rich and my military arsenal is great with guns. I have rifle just like one you lost. I be happy to send it you for replacing the one you have stolen. Please send me all personal information. I arrange to have gun sent. Be thanking you for your time.

ETA: I be adding, to Mayberry police dept that is on this site monitoring, I am real prince. I not a cheat or scammer, I real. OP send me information he get rifle as promise.
View Quote

OP, def send that money. Sounds legit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is truly the best trolling of Arfcom for this year.

OP is fucking hilarious.

Also:

Step away from the keyboard slowly and show your hands. Walk backwards toward my voice. Keep walking backwards to my voice. Get down on your knees and cross your legs. Put your hands on the back of your head and interlace your fingers.

We all must follow this so we don't interfere with an ongoing high stakes investigation.

Well, if it's a TROLL, he trolled multiple sites...

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/173262-look-my-new-thumper-gap.html

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/270275-i-had-really-recognizable-tiger-striped-gun-stolen-can-you-watch.html

Yes, definitely a troll...duh...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Oldie but seemed appropriate

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

With a cheap safe and good opsec, you have improved the securement of your weapons 500%.  A VAST majority of residential burglaries are relatively short duration.......knock twice, bust in the door, go through the house, ransack some drawers, grab jewelry, TV, electronics, whatever else is handy, and GTFO.

If your guns are not in a cheap safe, they are GONE and into the hands of the bad guys.  If they ARE in a cheap safe (even a $350 Harbor Freight Special), they will stay safe a vast majority of the time.  ESPECIALLY if that safe is also HIDDEN, or at least not in plain sight.  The thieves may come back to take a crack at the safe at a later time, but most people with half a brain will have hardened their home even further after the first burglary (such as installing an alarm etc.).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To all the non-safe-havers:

If you own one gun, say a Glock 19 (because you actually listen to people when you post your "If you could only have one gun..." threads...), then sure, I can understand that you don't have a safe.  We've all been there at some point - every one of us had only one gun once.  And we probably didn't have a safe.  At most, maybe we had a little quick-access gunvault or something - but the gun was still generally available, because we needed it for home defense.

For a lot of us with collections, the G19-in-a-drawer is still our HD gun, and it's still either unsecured or just "kiddie-proofed" depending on who we live with.

But the minute you buy a second gun...  As soon as you make the decision to spend another $500 or more on another weapon...  you need to think real hard about how to come up with another $500 to get a safe.

To have a third gun means you're not even trying.

Which... that's your perogative.  But it's also very foolish.

Here's the problem I've been having. $500 "safes" really are not. Plenty of videos out there showing how easy it is to break into on. Even $1k Liberty safes are guilty. To get a nice safe where you don't feel you just threw your money away you need to get a good AMSEC, convert a used TL safe or something of the like. That's why I don't have a big safe. I feel it is a waste of money that affords me almost no better protection until you get to the bigger commercial ($$) ones.

Pretty much this.  Most break-ins are smash and grab jobs, by tweakers and / or gang bangers.  I think a lot of people picture Tom Cruz floating down from a ventilation shaft on a static line, when the reality is it's John who is starting to get dope sick.  Now, if certain folks know you have a big collection of firearms and they have the tools, then this is where a security system further improves your chances.  You can get an DIY kit online for about $250 and pay a $15 a month monitoring fee.  I've lived in this town for a long time and there are break-ins here all the time, there's only been one case where someone defeated a gun safe and that's because WAY to many factors lined up to give the thieves a huge advantage.  Enough factors to make you go "Hmmmm."
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Roommate wasn't involved, I found out more information and told the police, and got the message "quit talking about the case", with no further information on what they know.

Essentially I'm 99% sure I have the name the of someone involved in the robbery, told them, and I'm waiting on some actual action to take place, which has not happened yet.
View Quote

Well, I guess that settles it then.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And "quit talking about the case" so he comes here and posts exactly what the police tell him.  

All kinds of stupid.  I'm going with him trying to make this go away before insurance fraud becomes all too obvious.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Updates?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Updates?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Updates?  

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#29]
El Oh El
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Just stumbled on this thread.

WTFBBQ

And that is all I got to say about that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#31]
BUMP!! Fo mo deets from da OP!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Tagged for result.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#33]
How trustworthy are your roommates.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#34]
DAY 20
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Ban OP for trolling.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Ban OP for trolling.
View Quote
Not his fault no one heard his account being used

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ban OP for trolling.

lol

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ban OP for trolling.

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Still have room mates?  
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Bump for answers!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, this thread seems to have gone sideways. Anyone care to recap?

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You're kidding, right?

If you want your guns and valuables back, start beating your roommate and his gf until they tell you where they are or who they sold them to.

Seriously.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.

You're kidding, right?

If you want your guns and valuables back, start beating your roommate and his gf until they tell you where they are or who they sold them to.

Seriously.  

This

I dated a tenant of mine who turned out to be a doper.  I was gone for a month in MX and my house was broken into.  All my guns were in my safe at a friends house, but everything else was gone.  I couldn't believe she knew anything about it, but found out years later that her doper friends were all in on it.  

Roommates are the ones to look at, and anyone who happened to come over for any parties anytime.

ETA:  Wait, Wat??  Damn it, I read 5 pages and gave up and posted.  Now you say I need to read the next 4 pages!!

ETAII: Waste of 30 min.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
All this harp on safes.  Safes keep things away from honest people.  Have you seen the internet vids on how they break into a safe?  I have a $2000 safe and for the same model they broke into it in under 2 minutes with a damn prybar.  I just think of it now as a convient way to loacate everything together for them to steal all at once.  Now if your talking about a high end safe like a Graffunder then its a different story/level of protection.
View Quote

They don't just keep things away from honest people, they make it more difficult for the most likely thieves.

Roommates are not going to make off with your stuff and then claim someone "snuck in while they were asleep" if they're locked in even a fairly lousy safe, so long as it's ~300+ pounds (I'm presuming it's not going to be bolted down in a rental).    That's true regardless of how truthful the roommates are.    

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#45]
DAY  ________________  BUMP.

OP's roommate stole the day number.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#46]

No updates?

I'm shocked!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Surely the police have charged multiple people by now, right OP?

Or is insurance now investigating?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Sell one gun and buy a safe.  You can get a decent one for about $600.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top