Has potential.
Aaaaannnd it's fake.

Well then...
May the the schwartz be with you!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Being on Apple makes this one believable but not sure if it fits the 88 second mark that JJ specified.

My first thought was why Episode IV era Tie fighters and X-wings 40 years later but I guess if peace has reigned during that time there might not have been development and they were pulled out of mothball storage.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being on Apple makes this one believable but not sure if it fits the 88 second mark that JJ specified.

My first thought was why Episode IV era Tie fighters and X-wings 40 years later but I guess if peace has reigned during that time there might not have been development and they were pulled out of mothball storage.
View Quote

It'd be rude if Abrams didn't offer Tie's and X-wings.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm so excited!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Was an intriguing trailer :)
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Darth Sidious = Emperor Palpitine right?

Its been a while...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I AM READY FOR THE DISAPPOINTMENT!

It's gonna suck!  I've got a bet with a coworker on what the average of the IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes scores for this movie will be 60 days after release.  I win if it's below 60%.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Darth Sidious = Emperor Palpitine right?

Its been a while...
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
For a teaser I expected at least a quick shot of Luke, Leia, Han, and/or Chewie. The original cast being in it was just as big if not bigger than the news of the movie itself. Instead we get a ball with a droid head, a Christianity-Saber, and a trooper caught taking a dump in the desert.

I liked the X-wings over water, the Falcon, and the new trooper helmets.

Popsicle speeder... dumb.
Ball droid looks like this trilogy's Jar Jar... dumb... but droids have been long over due for an upgrade. The same R2 and 3PO models for 2 generations. They've definitely gotten their miles worth on them. Too bad Interstellar beat them to T.A.R.S. Might have been cool to have something like that.

The lightsaber effects is interesting and pretty cool. It's not the typical light blade, it has kind of an firery-electricity effect to it. But those hilt blades are SO DUMB!!! I don't think you'll ever match the level of "HOLY *****" that the Episode 1 trailer had when it showed Darth Maul with his duel saber. So please. Stop trying to one up with gimmicky light sabers. Everything cool that can be done with a lightsaber has been done. Move on. Please.

Overall... it was exactly what it was: a TEASE. The movie doesn't come out for another year. So I'm guessing they won't have enough of the post production done to give a full length trailer for another 6 months.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#14]

looked pretty damn good, that Falcon scene was awesome.

now, to try my hardest to stay spoiler free...

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For a teaser I expected at least a quick shot of Luke, Leia, Han, and/or Chewie. The original cast being in it was just as big if not bigger than the news of the movie itself. Instead we get a ball with a droid head, a Christianity-Saber, and a trooper caught taking a dump in the desert.

I liked the X-wings over water, the Falcon, and the new trooper helmets.

Popsicle speeder... dumb.
Ball droid looks like this trilogy's Jar Jar... dumb... but droids have been long over due for an upgrade. The same R2 and 3PO models for 2 generations. They've definitely gotten their miles worth on them. Too bad Interstellar beat them to T.A.R.S. Might have been cool to have something like that.

The lightsaber effects is interesting and pretty cool. It's not the typical light blade, it has kind of an firery-electricity effect to it. But those hilt blades are SO DUMB!!! I don't think you'll ever match the level of "HOLY *****" that the Episode 1 trailer had when it showed Darth Maul with his duel saber. So please. Stop trying to one up with gimmicky light sabers. Everything cool that can be done with a lightsaber has been done. Move on. Please.

Overall... it was exactly what it was: a TEASE. The movie doesn't come out for another year. So I'm guessing they won't have enough of the post production done to give a full length trailer for another 6 months.
View Quote

That's a pretty good description.

I'll see it, of course, but commented to my wife "there's a lot of cornball in there."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Black storm troopers?  From the prequels I thought the storm troopers were clones of Boba Fett.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Black storm troopers?  From the prequels I thought the storm troopers were clones of Boba Fett.  
View Quote

Who says hes a real storm trooper? Remember Luke/Han were a "storm trooper" once. Dude could of stolen a storm troopers gear. Probably just something to fuck with our heads.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

AIUI, after the Clone Wars the supply of clones was exhausted so they started enlisting regular guys.

Teaser looked AWESOME.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Who says hes a real storm trooper? Remember Luke/Han were a "storm trooper" once. Dude could of stolen a storm troopers gear. Probably just something to fuck with our heads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going with this.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'm going with this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going with this.

George Lucas didn't fuck with our heads.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

AIUI, after the Clone Wars the supply of clones was exhausted so they started enlisting regular guys.

Teaser looked AWESOME.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Teaser looked AWESOME.

The Empire was always depicted as being racist, which is why every Imperial shown in the original trilogy is played by an actor of white European decent.  No aliens.  No dark people.  The Empire was white as driven snow.

Notice too that at the battles of Yavin IV and Endor, there are Asian, black and alien pilots flying for the Alliance.

Dude in the trailer here is not an Imperial, unless Disney is just going to shit on the entire Star Wars universe in order to make some bucks.  Which I absolutely expect them to do as hard as they can.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Teaser looked AWESOME.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Teaser looked AWESOME.

If it's set 40 years after the original trilogy any surviving clones would be in their 70s or 80s anyway. If secrecy is no longer a factor it must be a lot cheaper to simply recruit and train normal men than grow them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't think we need origin stories. They need to move forward with the series not look to the past. I would be ok with Han Solo and Bobba Fett spin offs. Not origin stories but spin offs. If people want origin stories they should get into the Expanded Univerese even though Disney declared it non cannon for some stupid reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eh I'd rather not. His story had been done there is no need to expand on it.

This^

The prequels were not just about the origin of Vader, but also Obi Wan as well.  I don't see the need.

Yoda would be a better choice as long as the silly dialogue of speaking in backwards sentences was not overdone.  Even the origin of Palpatine would be better.

I don't think we need origin stories. They need to move forward with the series not look to the past. I would be ok with Han Solo and Bobba Fett spin offs. Not origin stories but spin offs. If people want origin stories they should get into the Expanded Univerese even though Disney declared it non cannon for some stupid reason.

This. I have parsecs of hate for Disney now thanks to this.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#25]
For days, speculation has swirled about when and where the first look at the next Star Wars would debut. On Monday, Bad Robot's Twitter account tweeted a note from the filmmaker confirming that that 88 seconds of footage would be debuting in theaters this Friday. Disney later revealed that the footage would be screening in just 30 theaters across the U.S. and Canada, with the teaser showing before every single showing of every single movie in the select theaters throughout the weekend.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But those hilt blades are SO DUMB!!! I don't think you'll ever match the level of "HOLY *****" that the Episode 1 trailer had when it showed Darth Maul with his duel saber. So please. Stop trying to one up with gimmicky light sabers. Everything cool that can be done with a lightsaber has been done. Move on. Please.
View Quote

This. Dumbest thing since Jar Jar
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I AM READY FOR THE DISAPPOINTMENT!

It's gonna suck!
View Quote

A closer bet would be: Will it suck more, or less, than Episodes I-III?

I actually think new one will suck less than the "prequel" films.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Empire was always depicted as being racist, which is why every Imperial shown in the original trilogy is played by an actor of white European decent.  No aliens.  No dark people.  The Empire was white as driven snow.

Notice too that at the battles of Yavin IV and Endor, there are Asian, black and alien pilots flying for the Alliance.

Dude in the trailer here is not an Imperial, unless Disney is just going to shit on the entire Star Wars universe in order to make some bucks.  Which I absolutely expect them to do as hard as they can.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Teaser looked AWESOME.

They need to have an ethnically diverse cadre of major characters to support their modern, 21st century LEGO sets. Not everyone can be yellow anymore.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I am now very disappointing and think this will be a rehash of 1-3.

The whole narrative was that this was going to be heavy on practical effects, no kiddie bullshit.

What do we get? Abunch of shit CGI and a fucking GODAMNEDSOCCERFUCKINGBALL droid?

Fucking fail. Welcome to another 1-3 CGI shitfest ment for 2 year olds.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks interesting I hope it is more adult oriented not kiddie entertainment.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Who cares I'm stoked. I saw the first movie in the theater and now I'll be the old guy stumbling with a giant grin and armload of popcorn, pretzels and hotdogs to my seat for this one. Those Xwings looked really cool.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The whole narrative was that this was going to be heavy on practical effects, no kiddie bullshit.

What do we get? Abunch of shit CGI and a fucking GODAMNEDSOCCERFUCKINGBALL droid?

View Quote

I think the target demographic for LEGO playsets is more like 8-12, but yes.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Looking forward to seeing this!

If I've learned one thing from frame-by-framing SW Ep.1's trailers back in the day, don't put all your hopes into a tiny chunk of a movie.

Also, stuff in early previews may not even make the final cut.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like 30 years old with oodles of disposable income...

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/10/5/epic-lego-star-wars-executor-super-star-destroyer.html

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Looking forward to the CGI Ewoks and the continuation of Jar Jar's storyline.

And the lens flares.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like 45 years old with oodles of disposable income...

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/10/5/epic-lego-star-wars-executor-super-star-destroyer.html

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/51ce6099e4b0d911b4489b79/51ce6199e4b0d911b4499a4c/1349406661313/1000w/eecutorstardestryoer10402126.jpeg

The people who buy $600 Star Destroyers strike me as a small part of the market. They need to storyboard the movie so that they can squeeze at least 8 different $50 LEGO box kits. From each of the 3 movies.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know..technology peaks and all that?

Those pesky m16s, ak47s , f16 fighters and chinook helicopters just won't go away - plus rebels are usually stuck with what they got
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#38]
What's this...I don't even....

I'm sorry, but that teaser trailer sucked massive balls.

It looked more like a bad fanfic movie commercial than something I expect to see out of a Star Wars film
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Is the clone wars anime seasons worth watching?  They on netflix?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.

The first two are honestly so-so, but it gets really good during season 3 and beyond. They get pretty dark for a cartoon. (political backstabbing, murder, executions, heroic sacrifice)

They even tend to flesh out the clones, and turn them into individual human beings with consciousnesses, instead of the unthinking meat-robots that Lucas portrayed them as.

Don't watch Rebels, though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes.

The first two are honestly so-so, but it gets really good during season 3 and beyond. They get pretty dark for a cartoon. (political backstabbing, murder, executions, heroic sacrifice)

They even tend to flesh out the clones, and turn them into individual human beings with consciousnesses, instead of the unthinking meat-robots that Lucas portrayed them as.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Cool I will check them out

Can't wait for December 18, 2015
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm still boycotting Eps. I - III, so there is a reasonable chance that I will actually enjoy this.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Re: The Light Saber

Just because something is dumb and/or a bad idea.....doesn't mean it doesn't/can't exist or that someone with bad taste wont use one.

Think of him as "that guy" using a 50 cal deagle wit da beamz as a CCW.....or the two barreled 1911.

He's that guy....that's all.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#44]
We have yet to see how Obi Wan was as a child.  And what about Leia growing up as the rich and privileged child of Senator Organna!!!???  I want to see her high school adventure years and when she got her first period!  We could have a "90210" spin off called "06h45m08.9173s"

Maybe a Star Wars musical!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He never existed, all EU never happened. You can thank Disney for wanting to be able to rewrite everything so they can make as much cash as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dearth Bane would be a badass movie!

He never existed, all EU never happened. You can thank Disney for wanting to be able to rewrite everything so they can make as much cash as possible.

Is that how they got a black stormtrooper?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Fucking bad ass I'm excited........and you guys mean clones are from jango fett....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#47]
So why does it seem to be that Disney is wildly successful with Marvel, but all we seen for Star Wars seems to be crap?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
They outsourced after the Clone Wars..
There were other races working for the Empire. Do you think they wasted clones on building the Death Star(s)? Or house keeping? Or maintenance? They subcontracted out for that shit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Man what a bunch of I hate everything types in this thread...

I think it looks bad ass and can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Looking forward to the CGI Ewoks and the continuation of Jar Jar's storyline.

And the lens flares.
View Quote

My understanding was that Jar Jar went dark side. Turns out he was with all along
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top