Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Well i guess i wont be paying to see this movie then.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Hamil has always been a big leftie, along with most of the original cast.

I'm not surprised, frankly.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can definitely tell that J.J got a lot of inspiration from the EU when it came to this guy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You can definitely tell that J.J got a lot of inspiration from the EU when it came to this guy.
Disney killed the EU just those they can cherry pick what they like and make new characters. I'm both happy and sad about that.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well i guess i wont be paying to see this movie then.
View All Quotes

Why wouldn't Mark Hamill think that?   Dudes got a MFing Lightsaber.

Bexides, His politics are'nt nearly as bad as the Episode 1-2-3 galactic Senate scenes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Tag for later viewing of the new footage.
View Quote
its only a few secs long.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag for later viewing of the new footage.

Don't worry, it was enough for me to finish...
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL. That was pretty short.  I was at work and couldn't appreciate it fully.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rumor confirmed: @ColinTrevorrow will be directing Star Wars: Episode 9

he directed Jurassic World

Man that movie fucking sucked. hope he doesn't butcher this one.

http://i.imgur.com/rd5jhzV.gif

LOL

I stand by it. You can tear Jurassic world apart from any point you want to:acting, story/plots, effects, character development, cinematography.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I stand by it. You can tear Jurassic world apart from any point you want to:acting, story/plots, effects, character development, cinematography.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

of the 4 Jurassic Park movies I thought it was the best of the bunch.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bexides, His politics are'nt nearly as bad as the Episode 1-2-3 galactic Senate scenes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I dislike giving money to libs, ill wait until i can get it for free.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hate to break it to ya, man, but the Chris Pratts and Brad Pitts of Hollywood are sadly few and far between.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hate to break it to ya, man, but the Chris Pratts and Brad Pitts of Hollywood are sadly few and far between.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know and that's why i borrow movies except for a few exceptions.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#13]
If you want to only see films, read books, listen to music that is put out by people who subscribe to your political beliefs you will be out of stuff to see/read/hear with a quickness.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Because you should care what entertainers think

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Gorgeous except it isn't Rebel Scum crash landing.

Damn I'm excited!

Edit to add

They killed the EU and are still using it as source material. Everything I just read sounds like Thrawn, the Chiss, Imperial Forces being recognized as a legitimate government, etc....

All I can say.... my predictions were right. They killed the EU to use it as source material for the new films, shows, and games.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--6dnMR-i0--/1423069240712310561.png

Damn I'm excited!

Edit to add

They killed the EU and are still using it as source material. Everything I just read sounds like Thrawn, the Chiss, Imperial Forces being recognized as a legitimate government, etc....

All I can say.... my predictions were right. They killed the EU to use it as source material for the new films, shows, and games.
View Quote

It doesn't sound like they're doing too hot though. Mon Mothma moves to demilitarize the New Republic before they've even won the war.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It doesn't sound like they're doing too hot though. Mon Mothma moves to demilitarize the New Republic before they've even won the war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--6dnMR-i0--/1423069240712310561.png

Damn I'm excited!

Edit to add

The New Republic does that in the EU before they killed it too. Like I said.... Disney is redoing the EU with new names for characters and places.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I first got on the Internet in 1993.   That was pre-mosiac, when there were no browsers, and you used shit like Gopher to find content.   I've seen some weird shit, some kinky shit, and some really funny shit.

I can honestly count the number of things that have made me laugh out loud the way this gif did, on one hand.   I am truly thankful that I witnessed this while I was at home, and not at work in an office setting.  Whoever made this image deserves to drink for free.  Forever.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read stuff like this on here all the time, and then we will have entire threads dedicated to shitting on Ted Nugent.   It's a wonder some folks ever leave the safety of their own homes without a bag over their head to protect them from accidental exposure to something they may not like.

Whatever.  Hamill is an anti-gun douche.   So is practically every other actor out there.   Hollywood is a place where people can afford to believe in mythical utopias, and are insulated from the real world.   It breeds that kind of thinking.   I'm not going to let it stop me from appreciating something awesome.   Now if the movie sucks?  It sucks because it was a bad movie.   Not because I disagreed politically with someone who has a role in it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was like predicting the sun would rise in the east. Everyone knew that was going to happen.

Scrap the 95% of the garbage known as the EU, save that 5% that is actually passable.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The New Republic does that in the EU before they killed it too. Like I said.... Disney is redoing the EU with new names for characters and places.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn I'm excited!

Edit to add

Wonder if the hidden extra-galactic aliens/True Sith are going to fuck up the New Republic as they did the in EU?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Interesting.

If I'm reading this right, what the Empire is going through looks eerily similar to the Crisis of the Third Century, where constant civil wars were fought and numerous Emperors took the throne and were assassinated/overthrown.

Wiki link

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Wonder if the hidden extra-galactic aliens/True Sith are going to fuck up the New Republic as they did the in EU?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn I'm excited!

Edit to add

Mmmm..... Vong Invasion and Lost Tribe of the Sith goodness.

Vestara Kahi
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Vestara Kahi
View Quote

Which is what I admire about Ben Skywalker- he made a Sith Assassin drop her panties for him.

The Ben/Vestra romance arc was probably the only redeeming thing about that shit Fate of the Jedi series. And that includes the female Force Cthulhu.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Interesting.
If I'm reading this right, what the Empire is going through looks eerily similar to the Crisis of the Third Century, where constant civil wars were fought and numerous Emperors took the throne and were assassinated/overthrown.
Wiki link
View Quote
Pretty much.... which is what happened to the Empire in the EU except not many claimed to be the new Emperor. It was simply Moffs, Fleet Admirals, and Generals all claiming leadership through force and support of other systems/officials of the Empire and getting them to ally themselves. The Empire after the Death of Palpatine (both times) became almost a Westminster Parliamentary Government in which changes of leadership are common like what happens in the real world. Governments rise and fall but never break apart because you have party coalitions that are in constant flux.

Labor Party allies with Liberal Party and locks out the Conservative Party for example. All three are minorities in Parliament but with the two leftist parties allied together they have enough votes to get majority rule.

The Empire was like that in a slightly more violent way. Moffs, Admirals, and General all bid for power and formed alliances with each other. Like with the Parliaments, one is "voted" into office. Now, for the Empire, it isn't a vote per say but it does involve certain figures getting support from others. If shit goes good, they stay in power. If not, then they're removed. If shit goes good you can still have a coup like what happened in Australia just recently and be replaced anyways.

The Empire was more liberal with leaders and politics due to the change in leadership. The New Republic had pretty much three leaders.

Mon Mothma (4 ABY–11 ABY)

Leia Organa Solo (11—17 ABY)

Mon Mothma (17 ABY) (interim)

Leia Organa Solo (17—18 ABY)

Ponc Gavrisom (18—21 ABY)

Leia Organa Solo (21—23 ABY)

Borsk Fey'lya (23—27 ABY)

Pwoe (27 ABY) (self declared; never officially recognized)

Cal Omas (27—28 ABY).

With Cal Omas, the New Republic died.

Not much of a fucking difference. It's almost like the last twenty years of American politics. Clinton, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton Bush, etc.... Cal Omas was Obama.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Which is what I admire about Ben Skywalker- he made a Sith Assassin drop her panties for him.

The Ben/Vestra romance arc was probably the only redeeming thing about that shit Fate of the Jedi series. And that includes the female Force Cthulhu.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Vestara Kahi

He tapped the shit out of that.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vestara Kahi

Really wish it lasted and those two became part of Jagged and Jaina's new Imperial Knights. Instead we got the One Sith lead by Darth Allahu Ackbar fucking everything up at the worst possible moment just as the Empire was becoming dominate again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#34]
After the fall of the New Republic. Imperial Admiral Gilad Pellaeon saved the Galaxy with his Imperial Forces during the Vong Invasion. He later served the new government's military as the Supreme Commander.

When he was killed by Jacen Solo (Leia's and Han's Son) after he went all power hungry crazy. Another Imperial took over.

Natasi Daala. Bitch ruled with an iron fist and took crap from no one. Last i checked, she was still running the show.

The Imps know how to make things work. The Rebels were a bunch of Space Marxist Commies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
After the fall of the New Republic. Imperial Admiral Gilad Pellaeon saved the Galaxy with his Imperial Forces during the Vong Invasion. He later served the new government's military as the Supreme Commander.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/a1/GiladPellaeon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081205045649

When he was killed by Jacen Solo (Leia's and Han's Son) after he went all power hungry crazy. Another Imperial took over.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e9/Natasi_Daala.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121206235017

Natasi Daala. Bitch ruled with an iron fist and took crap from no one. Last i checked, she was still running the show.

The Imps know how to make things work. The Rebels were a bunch of Space Marxist Commies.
View Quote

She gets ousted by Han in a military coup next to last in the FOTJ series.

But on a positive note, Jaina gets married to Jagged and he becomes Jagged I Fel, Emperor of the Galaxy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Really wish it lasted and those two became part of Jagged and Jaina's new Imperial Knights. Instead we got the One Sith lead by Darth Allahu Ackbar fucking everything up at the worst possible moment just as the Empire was becoming dominate again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vestara Kahi

I know.... trust me I know. They would've been a good pair. Lost Tribe of the Sith wasn't evil. They actually for the most part were like every other society. They had their good and their bad. But they were for the most part set up like the Jedi. Council and everything.... None of this Rule of Two shit.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

But on a positive note, Jaina gets married to Jagged and he becomes Jagged I Fel, Emperor of the Galaxy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/a1/GiladPellaeon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081205045649

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e9/Natasi_Daala.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121206235017

So Jaina and Jagged get hitched? Han runs a coup? Does that mean the galactic Alliance falls and the Fel Empire is formed? Shit... I have to read the rest of FOTJ!

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So Jaina and Jagged get hitched? Han runs a coup? Does that mean the galactic Alliance falls and the Fel Empire is formed? Shit... I have to read the rest of FOTJ!  
View Quote

The Galactic Alliance begins it decline after Abeloth, and the Empire is only increasing in power until you hit the Legacy comics, where it becomes the primary galactic government again after unleashing a can of whoopass against the Space Commies.

But then they are backstabbed by Darth "Allahu Ackbar" Krayt, who tries to usurp the throne from the Fel Dynasty. He fails, his goonies, the One Sith, fracture, and the Fels take control of the Empire once more.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I wonder if Star Wars Crucible is the last EU novel.

I never got into the Legacy era Comics. Are they in Graphic Novel?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I read stuff like this on here all the time, and then we will have entire threads dedicated to shitting on Ted Nugent.   It's a wonder some folks ever leave the safety of their own homes without a bag over their head to protect them from accidental exposure to something they may not like.

Whatever.  Hamill is an anti-gun douche.   So is practically every other actor out there.   Hollywood is a place where people can afford to believe in mythical utopias, and are insulated from the real world.   It breeds that kind of thinking.   I'm not going to let it stop me from appreciating something awesome.   Now if the movie sucks?  It sucks because it was a bad movie.   Not because I disagreed politically with someone who has a role in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are very few movies i pay to see, it needs to have a right leaning main cast, or family values story.   I wouldn't even pirate a movie with Sean Penn after 1990, to me he is ebola for movies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wonder if Star Wars Crucible is the last EU novel.  

I never got into the Legacy era Comics. Are they in Graphic Novel?
View Quote

Idk, I had a few of them. Pretty good reads.

And in those comics, Luke's great great great grandson is a hard drinking bounty hunter who has a hot girlfriend.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

of the 4 Jurassic Park movies I thought it was the best of the bunch.
View Quote

Better than the first one???
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#43]
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/the-extremely-early-buzz-on-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-very-positive/

Now, we are starting to hear from people I am hesitant to call “sources.” But they have seen the movie. These are people in various walks of the industry around our favorite galaxy and it is thumbs up all around from them. I am hearing the same thing from friends of friends as well. Another section of friends at NYCC I trust have heard nothing but positive things about the last few cuts of the film.

At this point, if you had to bet, betting on a new classic film being born out of this new era of Star Wars feels on.

Related to this is the news that Abrams has nearly locked the movie. Rumor is it has to be finished completely by Thanksgiving break.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Only 2 more months.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Rumor has it tickets go on sale on the 19th and the last trailer debuts online.

You can see the trailer in theaters when Spectre hits November 6th
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Confirmed! Tickets on sale October 19th, Trailer as well!!! Poster on Sunday!!!
http://www.slashfilm.com/force-awakens-trailer-release-confirmed-for-october-19th/

Our old buddy Germain Lussier at io9 did some digging and has heard from multiple sources that The Force Awakens hype machine will warm up with an official poster release on Sunday, October 18th. Reportedly the new poster will feature the official logo for the movie as well.
But the poster is just the beginning as a new The Force Awakens trailer will reportedly arrive on October 19th sometime around 8pm Eastern time.
Finally, shortly after the release of the new trailer, tickets will go on sale around 8:30pm Eastern.
Tickets available for purchase will be for shows beginning at 7pm on December 17th, and you’ll be able to buy tickets for showtimes up through January 3rd.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Looking forward to the next trailer, and then the movie.  

But I'll wait until the munchkins get back into school after New Year before I go to a theater.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I don't think we need origin stories. They need to move forward with the series not look to the past. I would be ok with Han Solo and Bobba Fett spin offs. Not origin stories but spin offs. If people want origin stories they should get into the Expanded Univerese even though Disney declared it non cannon for some stupid reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh I'd rather not. His story had been done there is no need to expand on it.

This^

The prequels were not just about the origin of Vader, but also Obi Wan as well.  I don't see the need.

Yoda would be a better choice as long as the silly dialogue of speaking in backwards sentences was not overdone.  Even the origin of Palpatine would be better.

I don't think we need origin stories. They need to move forward with the series not look to the past. I would be ok with Han Solo and Bobba Fett spin offs. Not origin stories but spin offs. If people want origin stories they should get into the Expanded Univerese even though Disney declared it non cannon for some stupid reason.

I dont want to see Teen Han Solo movies.

One-off unrelated adventures of Han Solo are fine.  That is whaat the Indiana Jones movies are.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#49]
another new official poster

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
another new official poster

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnIPhQUYAAoupy.jpg:large
View Quote

Woah shit is that ANOTHER Death Star????  

ETA:  And where's Luke?  
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top