Negative. You are a meat popsicle.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Science is stupid
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I crush things with it. Souls, mostly. Sometimes cupcakes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a god. It's my ass. My ass giveth, and it taketh away. It is infinite. It is merciful, yet to be feared.

How doth it taketh away?

I'm here to be touched by the cheeks of God.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There is a god. It's my ass. My ass giveth, and it taketh away. It is infinite. It is merciful, yet to be feared.
View Quote

You owe me a keyboard
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Here's how I look at it:

There are so many gods and religions to choose from, I just can't choose so I say screw it.

Eta no one can prove anything, if God could be proved there wouldn't be atheists.  If the absence of God could be proved there wouldn't be people of faith.
View Quote
So many religions can't stand up to an honest investigation as to their origin and evidence.  

The more modern a religion is, the easier it is to see how much BS it is.  Even so, many people in that religion will argue with you about its validity or that you are just attacking their religion due to hate, or are blinded by your preconceived notions, or the evidence to the contrary is put there by people who hate the truth and god and you are just buying in to their lies.

The funny thing is when you start looking in to the older religions in the same way, you start to get the exact same responses.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
God should smite the OP

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do we have to put the animal sacrifices up there?

What does "baptism" look like?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When does worship service start? Also gonna need a pic to hang in my dining room.

Do we have to put the animal sacrifices up there?

What does "baptism" look like?

Do Christians stuff sacrifices into their god?

You leave them by the altar like normal gifts.

I think baptism's going to involve massage oil, but I'm not sure what ritual the clergy will use yet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Whoa.....Wait.....you've got one too?  That's just fuckin wierd!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am an atheist and I don't believe in gods because theists have failed in proving that gods exist.

Since I do not claim to know that there are no gods, I have no requirement to prove that gods don't exist.

Just like you shouldn't have any requirement in proving that there isn't an invisible, in-tangible, inter-dimmensional cat that lives under my bed.

You don't believe it because there is no proof of it, not because you can somehow prove that it is not there.

No, mine is the only one that exists.

Yours must be a demon masquerading as an invisible cat!

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's a relatively small percentage of the "religions" that don't believe in evolution.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evolution.  Done.

It's a relatively small percentage of the "religions" that don't believe in evolution.    

Oddly enough, I never knew this until I joined arfcom 10 years ago. Attending various evangelical churches over the years until early adulthood, it was just "understood" that only non-believers accepted it as true.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#11]
My reasoning for being Athiest.....

gods were created by primitive man to ease their primitive minds of natural occuring events such as sun rising/setting, eclipses,comets/shooting stars, thunder, lightening, wind and so on. They had no way of scientifically explaining these "events" so they created a god to cull the fear or not understanding what was happening. Thus as stories were told through the generations, they changed to fit the time period and also changed due to the passage of time and people.

This is one reason as to why there is no god.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am an atheist and I don't believe in gods because theists have failed in proving that gods exist.

Since I do not claim to know that there are no gods, I have no requirement to prove that gods don't exist.

Just like you shouldn't have any requirement in proving that there isn't an invisible, in-tangible, inter-dimmensional cat that lives under my bed.

You don't believe it because there is no proof of it, not because you can somehow prove that it is not there.

I bought a whole box of them off Craigslist last month.  Wasn't cheap, but they don't come up for sale often.  On the plus side, I no longer have problems with invisible, in-tangible, inter-dimensional mice.  I just wish I remember where I put the invisible, in-tangible, inter-dimensional litter box.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Obama is in office, Justin Bieber is breathing, and Zhukov is in a position of authority.  

If there is a God, he's not just and loving.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Prove to me there is no God. Everyone else please be nice and refrain from posting. I will be hands off for the day, but will try to read later.
View Quote
Prove me there is.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How doth it taketh away?

Tushy blessings upon thee, my child. (_|_)
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've heard about her ass.  She speaks the truth, in vibrant low earthy tones.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prove to me there is no God. Everyone else please be nice and refrain from posting. I will be hands off for the day, but will try to read later.

http://laymansbible.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/when-the-church-gets-you-down-jesus-facepalm.png

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey,whatever gets you thru life is cool.but other then that I don't care enough to try and convince you of anything
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How doth it taketh away?

Are the cupcakes for tithing?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I suggest a thread lock and suspension for the op.
View Quote

That's pretty outspoken and knowledgeable for an eighth post.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'd enjoy worshiping your ass  

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How doth it taketh away?

I'm not into sweets, but I could use more ammo.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#26]

If reality were a crime.  Could a prosecutor prove that God committed that crime?  Would there be enough evidence to even indict?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#27]
In...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Prove to me there's no Ed Avila
View Quote

I smell a tarp
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#29]
There is no god bwcause I say so. I have even seen it written.

There, proved.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#30]
OP, if you knew anything about logic, debate or philosophy, you would know that one cannot prove a negative.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Call out! Some one get a mod in here!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Prove to me that you're not a pederast.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Prove to me there is a God.  Prove to me that Jesus is more legitimate than Allah or Zeus.

Prove to me that Aliens aren't watching this forum right now.

From a 10,000 ft view what makes more sense?

1. Earth was created by forces of physics and nature that humans (much like other animals) can't understand.

2. Earth was created by a humanoid supernatural god that loves us all but allows us to kill each other by the thousands daily, allows ridiculous amounts of human suffering daily, just because that's the way it is.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
lol

Dude, just go to church tomorrow and quit worrying about what I think.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How doth it taketh away?

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's in a teapot, revolving around the sun in an elliptical orbit somewhere between here and Mars.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
If reality were a crime.  Could a prosecutor prove that God committed that crime?  Would there be enough evidence to even indict?

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

He's in a teapot, revolving around the sun in an elliptical orbit somewhere between here and Mars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard he was out west somewhere, raising an army.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#42]
what are the mathematical odds that humans are an accident? now what are the odds that every living thing is an accident? now what are the odds that the world and the universe are all an accident?

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Awesome.
View All Quotes

I can't decide whether to be a Tardnerian or a Nopiscopalian.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

nobody can prove that there is or is not a god, that's why it's called "faith"
View Quote
Exactly. I have no faith, therefore I am an atheist.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody can prove that there is or is not a god, that's why it's called "faith"

At present no one can prove that a civilization of My Little Ponies doesn't really exist in M83.    

But....

There is always "faith".

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Oddly enough, I never knew this until I joined arfcom 10 years ago. Attending various evangelical churches over the years until early adulthood, it was just "understood" that only non-believers accepted it as true.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130825220525/mlp/images/2/23/NBC's_The_More_You_Know.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evolution.  Done.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130825220525/mlp/images/2/23/NBC's_The_More_You_Know.jpg

It's funny that John Paul II said it was real back in the 90's.  You know the guy that was the head of the Church that started the Christian thingee
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
what are the mathematical odds that humans are an accident? now what are the odds that every living thing is an accident? now what are the odds that the world and the universe are all an accident?

View Quote

What are the mathematical odds that the F-22 was an accident and the Wright Brothers just happened put it together after the Wright Flyer?

Things evolve. Evolution of man made things is no different than natural evolution, it's just much quicker.  How many dead end and failed aerospace designs were tried on the path from the Wright Flyer to the F-22?

How many dead end or retarded organisms have there been from the earliest single cell organisms to humans over billions of years? Most mutations failed, the ones that worked better than their predecessors lived on.  Humans can hardly comprehend the vastness of billions of years.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's funny that John Paul II said it was real back in the 90's.  You know the guy that was the head of the Church that started the Christian thingee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evolution.  Done.

I had no idea at the time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evolution.  Done.

Catholicism created Christianity? I could've sworn Jesus Christ created Christianity.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Prove to me that you're not a pederast.
View Quote

Ah...the I'm so much smarter than you, so you must be a pedo..I'm hoping you get slapped around by a mod for this.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top