Site Notices
Page / 50
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hoodrat cases generally fall into one of two catagories known shooter and soon captured or unknown shooter and never solved.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what you are saying then is from now on every murder should have 1100 officers on an all expense unlimited time/budget manhunt then? what makes this guy any different then the other what 35,999 murders out there? only difference I can see is it was .gov employees..right? do we agree if this was just 2 average citizens this guy shot that there wouldn't be 1100 officers and unlimited time/budget involved?only diff I see between this and any other murder is the fact it was .gov employee. Did they send 1100 officers to chicago for any one of the murders that took place there this weekend? Sorry, but I see no reason for this kind of expenditure after the first few days ..waiste of time/manpower and money..who's doing these
1100 cops jobs while they are out wandering the back country these last 3 weeks and the next how long?

Beltway Sniper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks

Comparing hoodrats shooting each other to the targeted killing of LEO's in the fashion it was carried out is beyond stupid.

Why? arnt they both human beings? citizens of the USA? don't they both deserve equal protection under the Constitution? I think the truth is closer to cops want revenge on a cop killer and elected officials can't have the public out there taking the law into their own hands lest they come after them....hence 1100 cops and unlimited time/manpower/ budget compared to the hood rats  1-2 man detective team looking for a few days..sorry Bama, I have much respect for LEO..but I don't buy the BS excuses.....

Hoodrat cases generally fall into one of two catagories known shooter and soon captured or unknown shooter and never solved.

Yes, I understand that, but  what does that change? and ok even if that changes a hood rat killing then how about joe citizen who got murdered this weekend? why is this guy worth 1100 cops vrs. any other murder that has happened this year? Let me ask this, if tomorrow morning at work your boss said "hey, we are looking for cops to go man the lines up north in PA and hunt this guy down" would you go? how many others in your outfit would want to go? now if he came out and said the same thing about Joe average citizen over in bum ville USA would you volunteer? how many of others in your outfit would? All I am saying is it sure appears that the only thing that makes this guy special and deserve 1100 cops with unlimited/budget/time constraints is that he shot at LEO's..  Every murder victim deserves the same treatment/manpower/budget/time constraints regardless of who they are , where they work/live and our constitution confirms that.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Is LE positive that was his AK they found?

It's not unheard of to find guns in the woods.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Searches for lost children don't lock people out of their homes and ruin areas economically. I'm prepared to eat a whole crow with a side of humble pie on this one, but I'm telling yall he ain't there. Unless he has a well the amount of water alone he would need is staggering.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why has the only real break in the case come from a guy walking his dog three days after the fact? This is a classic example of wasting resources due to no accountability. If the government is going to run up a 100 million dollar tab chasing a dropout airsofter with a bolt action rifle I want to see what evidence they have that he is even within a ten mile radius of the area.

The airsofter with a bolt gun is a murderer who shot people from the woods. You make it sound like he's some guy who has been stealing newspapers off people's lawns. Even if the big police sweeps are not terribly effective why would you object to them carrying them out? Would you be complaining if they were looking for a lost child but seemed to have no leads?  
Searches for lost children don't lock people out of their homes and ruin areas economically. I'm prepared to eat a whole crow with a side of humble pie on this one, but I'm telling yall he ain't there. Unless he has a well the amount of water alone he would need is staggering.

There are fresh water lakes and streams all over this part of Pa

Water is no issue

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The airsofter with a bolt gun is a murderer who shot people from the woods. You make it sound like he's some guy who has been stealing newspapers off people's lawns. Even if the big police sweeps are not terribly effective why would you object to them carrying them out? Would you be complaining if they were looking for a lost child but seemed to have no leads?  
View Quote

The guy is reportedly a crack shot.  If he is out to kill cops, why hasn't he done it again?  Obviously he is able to scamper away from the supposed sightings.

Leave a hundred or so cops in critical areas and open it up.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of you guys are getting kind of nasty with each other.  I've been following this for a while now and just wanted to inject a thought or two.  Don't kill me, I'm just the messenger.

For the first week or so I thought this guy was just a psycho acting on impulse and would be cornered soon and brought to justice, one way or another.  Now I'm not so sure.  It seems to me that anyone who could survive "off the land" wouldn't want to and those who wanted to, couldn't.  He must have known what kind of intensive search would result and the chances of surviving in that area would be slim.

Just as a thought experiment let's consider:  Suppose he had just one friend, girl friend, kin, buddy, whatever. Suppose he got the vehicle stuck on the way to the ambush.  He guns down those poor cops and takes off on foot to meet his buddy waiting with a car.  Even if he's not in very good shape he could cover two miles in 18 minutes.  He would then have 42 minutes at least before any kind of containment could be set up.  In a car, even traveling the speed limit, he's now thirty miles away.  The police think he's on foot because they found his vehicle and set the containment relatively close.   And if he salted the area the police would have to assume they were on the right track.   Surely he could count on the many sightings that usually go along with any manhunt.  He could probably count on a day or so before traveling out of state with PA tag would become risky.  I ain't no genius but if I could think this up, anybody could.  I think he's long gone.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some of you guys are getting kind of nasty with each other.  I've been following this for a while now and just wanted to inject a thought or two.  Don't kill me, I'm just the messenger.

For the first week or so I thought this guy was just a psycho acting on impulse and would be cornered soon and brought to justice, one way or another.  Now I'm not so sure.  It seems to me that anyone who could survive "off the land" wouldn't want to and those who wanted to, couldn't.  He must have known what kind of intensive search would result and the chances of surviving in that area would be slim.

Just as a thought experiment let's consider:  Suppose he had just one friend, girl friend, kin, buddy, whatever. Suppose he got the vehicle stuck on the way to the ambush.  He guns down those poor cops and takes off on foot to meet his buddy waiting with a car.  Even if he's not in very good shape he could cover two miles in 18 minutes.  He would then have 42 minutes at least before any kind of containment could be set up.  In a car, even traveling the speed limit, he's now thirty miles away.  The police think he's on foot because they found his vehicle and set the containment relatively close.   And if he salted the area the police would have to assume they were on the right track.   Surely he could count on the many sightings that usually go along with any manhunt.  He could probably count on a day or so before traveling out of state with PA tag would become risky.  I ain't no genius but if I could think this up, anybody could.  I think he's long gone.

View Quote

So who made the phone call to the parents then?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The buddy? Right before he destroys the phone.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it really that hard to hook up a timer circuit to a cell phone, leave the phone in a plastic bag, and have it call when the timer runs down?

ETA: I'm thinking like it's 2000, there's probably an app for that so you don't even need to wire anything up.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Eric Frein manhunt: 'Can't make my mortgage on $30 a day'

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have been thinking he's long gone as well, but I'm starting to wonder.  What if this idiot is playing a game of "Stay hidden among the search parties" that he wants to see through for one month before leaving the area?

If he can last for a month in that environment he would certainly have some bona fides as an E&E master.  For him it might be a resume enhancement for those Serbian mercenaries down in Africa he claims to have hung out with.  After a month in the woods he could be sporting a decent beard that would let him slip out of the area and then head to Europe as his pipeline to Africa and the mercenary life in Zaire.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have been thinking he's long gone as well, but I'm starting to wonder.  What if this idiot is playing a game of "Stay hidden among the search parties" that he wants to see through for one month before leaving the area?

If he can last for a month in that environment he would certainly have some bona fides as an E&E master.  For him it might be a resume enhancement for those Serbian mercenaries down in Africa he claims to have hung out with.  After a month in the woods he could be sporting a decent beard that would let him slip out of the area and then head to Europe as his pipeline to Africa and the mercenary life in Zaire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That certainly could be the case, too.  I'm glad I'm just a spectator in this and not charged with running this bastard to ground.  My prayers are with y'all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
This is close to becoming as bad as the the Ukraine thread.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't either. But they are not bringing in a violent killer. They are shutting down the area, causing severe economic harm to the locals, and have inflicted more casualties to themselves then the criminal did.

View Quote

A few pages back we were assured the locals dont even talk to eachother. Now we are supposed to believe that they have jobs in the search area?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is close to becoming as bad as the the Ukraine thread.
View Quote

Who is posting pages of unsubstantiated tweets here?

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#17]
DNA testing was inconclusive on soiled diapers thought to have been left by Pennsylvania police ambush suspect Eric Frein, the FBI said Friday.
The diapers had been exposed to the elements, so "you can’t say one way or the other" whether Frein wore them, said Edward Hanko, special agent in charge of the Philadelphia FBI office.

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20141003/NEWS/141009826#sthash.jahVyeKN.dpuf

Notes from Friday's press conference on the search for Eric Frein

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20141003/NEWS/141009827/-1/topic
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Stream

http://wnep.com/on-air/live-streaming/
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#19]
After they catch the guy they still gotta clear the entire area for bombs, booby traps, ammunition, guns etc before they can declare it safe for people to go back in there. This is going to effect the community for a long time.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
DNA testing was inconclusive on soiled diapers thought to have been left by Pennsylvania police ambush suspect Eric Frein, the FBI said Friday.
The diapers had been exposed to the elements, so "you can’t say one way or the other" whether Frein wore them, said Edward Hanko, special agent in charge of the Philadelphia FBI office.

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20141003/NEWS/141009826#sthash.jahVyeKN.dpuf

View Quote

Interesting:
Frein is not living off the land, Hanko said, but surviving on tuna fish, bottled water and other supplies he brought with him into the woods.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Notes from the multimillion dollar search that is destroying the local economy.

Information from Lt. Col. George Bivens during Friday's press conference:

Bivens: Authorities have drained the pond where Frein's Jeep was found. Nothing of significance found

Bivens: Police located a campsite that included clothing, food, "significant amount" of ammunition and two explosive devices

Bivens: "We believe he will be forced to search for food and shelter in other locations"

Bivens: If anyone enters a cabin and sees anythign disturbed, please call the tip line at 866-325-7256.

Bivens: Frein may seek out dumpsters at restaurants and grocery stores for food

Bivens: Police working with Frein's family on a possible plea for him to turn himself in

Bivens: Authorities believe Frein is in the area because of the items they are finding, such as those at the campsite

Bivens: Testing has shown how recent the items were left in the woods

Bivens: "I am not commenting on any of the evidence." Police are confident the items they are finding are indicative of Frein still being in area

Bivens: "We have no reason to believe he is in someone's home holding them hostage." He is more likely to look for a vacant building, police say.

Bivens: There is no guarantee that a perimeter has been locked down in time.

Bivens: Police have found no links between Dickson, Douglass and Frein

Bivens: High level of confidence that Frein has been spotted. Last such sighting was earlier this week. Police are more unsure about the most recent sighting, which was Thursday night

Bivens: Evidence suggests Frein is living off the food he carried with him or kept in some areas, but it appears that might be running out

Bivens: Police hope the coming colder, wetter weather will push Frein out

Bivens: If a hunter encounters him, he or she should try to get away and call police

Bivens: Ammunition found was .308 caliber, a little more than 90 rounds. A .308 was used in the shooting Sept. 12, and that gun has not yet been recovered.

Bivens: Search area roughly five square miles

Bivens: More confident than ever they are closing in on Frein. "He has made significant mistakes." Such as, some of the sightings, losing items that have been recovered.

Bivens: "He needs to eat. He needs to sleep. He needs to get dry." Police think Frein will make more mistakes as he seeks food and shelter.

Bivens: A core group of searchers has remained in the area, but most authorities are cycling in and out

Bivens: "The morale is extremely high" among the searchers.

Another officer stepped to the podium, says Lehman Township was added to hunting restriction area because it was part of potential search area.

Officer: Officers have been told to use discretion if they encounter hunters in the area.

Bivens returns to the podium.

Bivens: Food found at the campsite, mostly cans of tuna and Ramen noodles.

Bivens: A number of things found among the items at the campsite that make authorities certain the items are his.
View Quote

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20141003/NEWS/141009827/101010/NEWS
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Bivens: Police located a campsite that included clothing, food, "significant amount" of ammunition and two explosive devices

Bivens: Ammunition found was .308 caliber, a little more than 90 rounds. A .308 was used in the shooting Sept. 12, and that gun has not yet been recovered

Bivens: "I am not commenting on any of the evidence." Police are confident the items they are finding are indicative of Frein still being in area

90 rounds is a "significant amount"?

They are confident he is there,BUT,there is no guarantee that the perimeter was locked down in time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They are confident he is there,BUT,there is no guarantee that the perimeter was locked down in time.
View Quote

Ebola is hard to catch yet people using biohazard suits catch it.

You can't stop people from those countries from flying here because we can't control it (ebola).

Quarantine people in an apartment where ebola carrier Duncan stayed for several days while sick.

Use people without protective gear to powerwash ebola laden vomit from a sidewalk.

Send unprotected LEO into a suspect apartment to get signatures on paperwork.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Several discovered diapers containing fecal matter would only fit an infant and can be ruled out as not belonging to Mr. Frein, said the source, who asked to remain anonymous.
View Quote

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/10/diapers_found_during_search_fo.html
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You can't stop people from those countries from flying here because we can't control it (ebola).

Quarantine people in an apartment where ebola carrier Duncan stayed for several days while sick.

Use people without protective gear to powerwash ebola laden vomit from a sidewalk.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Frein shot Mike Brown in Ferguson setting up the police, now is spreading Ebola?  This guy is badass.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Several discovered diapers containing fecal matter would only fit an infant and can be ruled out as not belonging to Mr. Frein, said the source, who asked to remain anonymous.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/10/diapers_found_during_search_fo.html

I would think the size would be obvious-the guy is 6+ft,165 lbs.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Pennsylvania State Police on Friday released this photo of belongings believed to have been hastily left behind by alleged cop killer Eric Frein within the search area in Pike and Monroe counties.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/10/eric_frein_food_ammunition_fou.html#incart_river

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news_impact/photo/eric-frein-food-ammunition-found-as-police-voice-confidence-hell-be-caught-official-says-a05fda8e88b01e66.jpg
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pennsylvania State Police on Friday released this photo of belongings believed to have been hastily left behind by alleged cop killer Eric Frein within the search area in Pike and Monroe counties.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/10/eric_frein_food_ammunition_fou.html#incart_river

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news_impact/photo/eric-frein-food-ammunition-found-as-police-voice-confidence-hell-be-caught-official-says-a05fda8e88b01e66.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Interesting:
Frein is not living off the land, Hanko said, but surviving on tuna fish, bottled water and other supplies he brought with him into the woods.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting:

Reports this afternoon say they found a recently used campsite and captured a stock of food, water and 90 rounds of ammo for a rifle of the type used in the shooting.  Looks like he's either being run to ground or there's another decoy clue he left out there that's been discovered.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#30]

The colonel said he doesn't think Frein is trying to live off the land.

"I believe his food is running out and we've seized a big amount of it," Bivens said.

He added that while there have been sightings of Frein, the rugged
terrain and thick forest makes it hard to apprehend the suspect.
Troopers are using sticks and ski poles to prod the ground during the
search.

"You could literally walk right past someone in this terrain and not see them... unless you stepped on them," Bivens said.

Stuff they found. Large pic.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Don't those LEO know that hunting from the road is illegal?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

All murder cases are not the same, never have been, never will be.

Random murder is rare. Most murders victim and perp know each other.

A sniper kiling is rare. A sniper killing with a known perp is the unicorn. You are trying to equate all murders as being the same when they are not.

Some are solved in seconds others take years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I understand that, but  what does that change? and ok even if that changes a hood rat killing then how about joe citizen who got murdered this weekend? why is this guy worth 1100 cops vrs. any other murder that has happened this year? Let me ask this, if tomorrow morning at work your boss said "hey, we are looking for cops to go man the lines up north in PA and hunt this guy down" would you go? how many others in your outfit would want to go? now if he came out and said the same thing about Joe average citizen over in bum ville USA would you volunteer? how many of others in your outfit would? All I am saying is it sure appears that the only thing that makes this guy special and deserve 1100 cops with unlimited/budget/time constraints is that he shot at LEO's..  Every murder victim deserves the same treatment/manpower/budget/time constraints regardless of who they are , where they work/live and our constitution confirms that.....

A sniper kiling is rare. A sniper killing with a known perp is the unicorn. You are trying to equate all murders as being the same when they are not.

No one knows for fact if they had previous contact..no one..... who knows maybe the officer pulled him over and gave him a warning earlier in life..no one knows .... As for the difference in this murder and others..once again in recent history the only time we see these massive resources expended is when it involves a cop killer(ok I will give you the DC sniper, but he was actively picking random people off on a continuing  basis). no two crimes are ever exactly the same, yet  the judicial system still  treats them the same as far as charges/penalties. I admit the guy is a piece of shit, and it wouldn't bother me a bit if cops end up killing him..but only if it is done to the letter of the law and not revenge..
but for anyone to stand here and say that this case isn't getting special consideration  that joe average victim doesn't get is full of it..1100 cops and unlimited budget is solely due to the fact that the guy killed a cop...end of story.......
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Information from Lt. Col. George Bivens during Friday's press conference:

Bivens: Authorities have drained the pond where Frein's Jeep was found. Nothing of significance found

Bivens: "We believe he will be forced to search for food and shelter in other locations"

Bivens: If anyone enters a cabin and sees anythign disturbed, please call the tip line at 866-325-7256.

Bivens: Frein may seek out dumpsters at restaurants and grocery stores for food

Bivens: Police working with Frein's family on a possible plea for him to turn himself in

Bivens: Authorities believe Frein is in the area because of the items they are finding, such as those at the campsite

Bivens: Testing has shown how recent the items were left in the woods

Bivens: "We have no reason to believe he is in someone's home holding them hostage." He is more likely to look for a vacant building, police say.

Bivens: Police have found no links between Dickson, Douglass and Frein

Bivens: High level of confidence that Frein has been spotted. Last such sighting was earlier this week. Police are more unsure about the most recent sighting, which was Thursday night

Bivens: Evidence suggests Frein is living off the food he carried with him or kept in some areas, but it appears that might be running out

Bivens: Police hope the coming colder, wetter weather will push Frein out

Bivens: If a hunter encounters him, he or she should try to get away and call police

Bivens: Ammunition found was .308 caliber, a little more than 90 rounds. A .308 was used in the shooting Sept. 12, and that gun has not yet been recovered.

Bivens: Search area roughly five square miles

Bivens: More confident than ever they are closing in on Frein. "He has made significant mistakes." Such as, some of the sightings, losing items that have been recovered.

Bivens: "He needs to eat. He needs to sleep. He needs to get dry." Police think Frein will make more mistakes as he seeks food and shelter.

Bivens: A core group of searchers has remained in the area, but most authorities are cycling in and out

Bivens: "The morale is extremely high" among the searchers.

Another officer stepped to the podium, says Lehman Township was added to hunting restriction area because it was part of potential search area.

Officer: Officers have been told to use discretion if they encounter hunters in the area.

Bivens returns to the podium.

Bivens: Food found at the campsite, mostly cans of tuna and Ramen noodles.

Bivens: A number of things found among the items at the campsite that make authorities certain the items are his.

I have news for you, the whole area has been in a pretty bad slump since obama took office anyway.

If I didn't have a National customer base I'd be in trouble too.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#35]

No way he humped all that gear, an extra pair of boots, two long guns, ammo, mags and food from that jeep. It's either planted or not his.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No way he humped all that gear, an extra pair of boots, two long guns, ammo, mags and food from that jeep. It's either planted or not his.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Or, he prepositioned stuff, hidden...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Interesting set of photos.  Given the weather that's coming into the area this weekend, if Frein is still in the woods things may be changing soon.  Wind and rain are going to knock a lot of the leaves off the trees, so the helicopters with the FLIR and thermal vision will finally be able to exploit that advantage.

Plus with almost an inch of rain and a drop in temperatures of 30 degrees, Frein may end up turning himself in or offing himself to end his misery if he does not have a warm & dry place to get through the cold & wet.

PSP says they're going to start checking cabins more because they think Frein might be forced to take refuge and/or make a resupply effort.  I wonder if next week might not have a Dorner redux with him being trapped in a cabin and an assault with gunfire and flames ending this episode.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_eric_frein_search_1_mt_141003_16x9_992.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_eric_frein_search_02_mt_141003_4x3_992.jpg

"I believe his food is running out and we've seized a big amount of it," Bivens said.

He added that while there have been sightings of Frein, the rugged terrain and thick forest makes it hard to apprehend the suspect. Troopers are using sticks and ski poles to prod the ground during the search.

"You could literally walk right past someone in this terrain and not see them... unless you stepped on them," Bivens said.

http://imgick.pennlive.com/home/penn-media/pgmain/img/patriot-news/photo/2014/10/01/-5ac1eefe86a1a539.jpg

http://imgick.lehighvalleylive.com/home/lvlive-media/pgmain/img/express-times/photo/2014/09/29/-f5027331dd3c0479.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/50e74cd31bc77ef918182635ca53baeb633a9d9a/c=86-0-1898-1361&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/USATODAY/None/2014/09/30/1412084353000-frein093014x001.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1960497.1412232107%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/police-barracks-shooting.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_eric_frein_search_02_jc_140924_4x3_992.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/6d7217cd8855818950be0474fd99ef0c9e5c1ccc/c=168-0-1651-1114&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/Binghamton/2014/10/02/policebarracksshootwhon15.jpg

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/feeds/Associated%20Press/2014/10/01/876/493/Police%20Barracks%20Shooting-5.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

http://static2.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1950739.1411557654%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/police-barracks-shooting.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1e6f3ebaa770d9fa8898301cd31638822f5cbfed/c=136-0-2265-1597&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/DetroitNews/2014/10/02/policebarracksshooting.jpg

http://citizensvoice.com/polopoly_fs/1.1762390%21/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/32/22/15/6890322/7/628x471.jpg

http://citizensvoice.com/polopoly_fs/1.1762386%21/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg

http://www.wfmz.com/image/view/-/28340170/medRes/2/-/7sctj0/-/Explosives-located-during-Frein-search.jpg

http://www.wfmz.com/image/view/-/28293044/medRes/2/-/jppqhz/-/Day-15-of-Eric-Frein-manhunt-and-no-major-updates.jpg

http://tribwtic.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/s037756447-300.jpg?w=400&h=225&crop=1

http://www.poconorecord.com/galleryimage/PR/20140922/PHOTOS1013/922009998/PH/0/3/PH-922009998.jpg&cb=886&Maxh=234&Maxw=350&border=0&Q=80

http://imgick.pennlive.com/home/penn-media/width620/img/patriot-news/photo/2014/09/22/15906910-mmmain.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/GM-bgTBWMA0/0.jpg

http://imgick.lehighvalleylive.com/home/lvlive-media/pgmain/img/express-times/photo/2014/09/29/-1b4516a607ce35e6.jpg

http://hvnn.itvisionsinc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Manhunt-Troopers.jpg

http://imgick.lehighvalleylive.com/home/lvlive-media/pgmain/img/express-times/photo/2014/09/25/-e657216a6ffa6af1.JPG

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/32/40/52/6949562/3/628x471.jpg

http://video-static.clipsyndicate.com/zStorage/clipsyndicate/247/2014/09/21/01/46/axnfdezvubgvtwxddxdr.jpg

http://monroenews.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2014/09/22/Police_Barracks_Shoot_Gorc_4_t670.jpg?b3f6a5d7692ccc373d56e40cf708e3fa67d9af9d

http://media.pennlive.com/patriot-news/photo/2014/09/20/15897081-standard.jpg

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscms/2014_40/699961/141003-eric-frein-campsite-1630_f115da6b174b75e17466b29cf9e67134.jpg

http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/getty/105661654.jpg?w=780&h=550&fit=max&q=70

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscms/2014_38/677541/140921-pa-trooper-shooter-search-1030a_1af901987365503a31d6f0f72d291f6a.jpg

http://video-static.clipsyndicate.com/zStorage/clipsyndicate/247/2014/09/22/22/30/fuekntqqiufridouzpts.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/5R2her9eivwIbpfmLqiw.A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM3NztweG9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9Njk7dz02NzA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/b09d62ff9de4a625600f6a7067000071.jpg

http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/9/20/20257bf9-1158-4356-ba34-30d80b80b094.jpg

http://video-static.clipsyndicate.com/zStorage/clipsyndicate/175/2014/10/03/03/10/wuseenbnedwlwmnkixio.jpg

http://www.overxphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/DSC0005-1024x819.jpg
View Quote

Sixth pic, ATF agent's ball cap is some kind of fudd camo.

Last pic, dude in the center is operator as FUCK.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That ain't shit to hump out.

He might have had it stashed all over the place for all YOU KNOW?

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_eric_frein_search_1_mt_141003_16x9_992.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_eric_frein_search_02_mt_141003_4x3_992.jpg

He added that while there have been sightings of Frein, the rugged terrain and thick forest makes it hard to apprehend the suspect. Troopers are using sticks and ski poles to prod the ground during the search.

http://imgick.pennlive.com/home/penn-media/pgmain/img/patriot-news/photo/2014/10/01/-5ac1eefe86a1a539.jpg

http://imgick.lehighvalleylive.com/home/lvlive-media/pgmain/img/express-times/photo/2014/09/29/-f5027331dd3c0479.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/50e74cd31bc77ef918182635ca53baeb633a9d9a/c=86-0-1898-1361&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/USATODAY/None/2014/09/30/1412084353000-frein093014x001.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1960497.1412232107%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/police-barracks-shooting.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_eric_frein_search_02_jc_140924_4x3_992.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/6d7217cd8855818950be0474fd99ef0c9e5c1ccc/c=168-0-1651-1114&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/Binghamton/2014/10/02/policebarracksshootwhon15.jpg

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/feeds/Associated%20Press/2014/10/01/876/493/Police%20Barracks%20Shooting-5.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

http://static2.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1950739.1411557654%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/police-barracks-shooting.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1e6f3ebaa770d9fa8898301cd31638822f5cbfed/c=136-0-2265-1597&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/DetroitNews/2014/10/02/policebarracksshooting.jpg

http://citizensvoice.com/polopoly_fs/1.1762390%21/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/32/22/15/6890322/7/628x471.jpg

http://citizensvoice.com/polopoly_fs/1.1762386%21/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg

http://www.wfmz.com/image/view/-/28340170/medRes/2/-/7sctj0/-/Explosives-located-during-Frein-search.jpg

http://www.wfmz.com/image/view/-/28293044/medRes/2/-/jppqhz/-/Day-15-of-Eric-Frein-manhunt-and-no-major-updates.jpg

http://tribwtic.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/s037756447-300.jpg?w=400&h=225&crop=1

http://www.poconorecord.com/galleryimage/PR/20140922/PHOTOS1013/922009998/PH/0/3/PH-922009998.jpg&cb=886&Maxh=234&Maxw=350&border=0&Q=80

http://imgick.pennlive.com/home/penn-media/width620/img/patriot-news/photo/2014/09/22/15906910-mmmain.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/GM-bgTBWMA0/0.jpg

http://imgick.lehighvalleylive.com/home/lvlive-media/pgmain/img/express-times/photo/2014/09/29/-1b4516a607ce35e6.jpg

http://hvnn.itvisionsinc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Manhunt-Troopers.jpg

http://imgick.lehighvalleylive.com/home/lvlive-media/pgmain/img/express-times/photo/2014/09/25/-e657216a6ffa6af1.JPG

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/32/40/52/6949562/3/628x471.jpg

http://video-static.clipsyndicate.com/zStorage/clipsyndicate/247/2014/09/21/01/46/axnfdezvubgvtwxddxdr.jpg

http://monroenews.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2014/09/22/Police_Barracks_Shoot_Gorc_4_t670.jpg?b3f6a5d7692ccc373d56e40cf708e3fa67d9af9d

http://media.pennlive.com/patriot-news/photo/2014/09/20/15897081-standard.jpg

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscms/2014_40/699961/141003-eric-frein-campsite-1630_f115da6b174b75e17466b29cf9e67134.jpg

http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/getty/105661654.jpg?w=780&h=550&fit=max&q=70

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscms/2014_38/677541/140921-pa-trooper-shooter-search-1030a_1af901987365503a31d6f0f72d291f6a.jpg

http://video-static.clipsyndicate.com/zStorage/clipsyndicate/247/2014/09/22/22/30/fuekntqqiufridouzpts.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/5R2her9eivwIbpfmLqiw.A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM3NztweG9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9Njk7dz02NzA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/b09d62ff9de4a625600f6a7067000071.jpg

http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/9/20/20257bf9-1158-4356-ba34-30d80b80b094.jpg

http://video-static.clipsyndicate.com/zStorage/clipsyndicate/175/2014/10/03/03/10/wuseenbnedwlwmnkixio.jpg

http://www.overxphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/DSC0005-1024x819.jpg

Most guys flags assault forward.  He assaults backwards.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No one knows for fact if they had previous contact..no one..... who knows maybe the officer pulled him over and gave him a warning earlier in life..no one knows .... As for the difference in this murder and others..once again in recent history the only time we see these massive resources expended is when it involves a cop killer(ok I will give you the DC sniper, but he was actively picking random people off on a continuing  basis). no two crimes are ever exactly the same, yet  the judicial system still  treats them the same as far as charges/penalties. I admit the guy is a piece of shit, and it wouldn't bother me a bit if cops end up killing him..but only if it is done to the letter of the law and not revenge..
but for anyone to stand here and say that this case isn't getting special consideration  that joe average victim doesn't get is full of it..1100 cops and unlimited budget is solely due to the fact that the guy killed a cop...end of story.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:36:27 AM EDT
[#43]
If he is still in the 4 square mile search area he will be caught.
But if he moved on he could act6ually live with some measure of comfort through the winter.
How ?
Easy.
Most of the weekend / vacation cabins up there have crawl spaces. Most of the crawl spaces are not secured.
Many of the cabins are running minimal heat through the winter just to keep from freeze damage so the electric is on.
If he were to use his knife and cut through the plywood floor under the kitchen cabnets by the sink drain and the particle board floor of the cabnits he would have access to the cabin
that would not be seen from looking in windows.
So he would have shelter.
Water.
Probably some food.

There are "Forest People" who live up there and live by breaking into cabins and most likely poaching game.
They broke into our cabin a couple of years ago.
They stole
Toilet paper
Cans of soup
and
Firestarters.
Thats it
No electronics, nothing of any real value.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#44]
I bet he was taking a shit when they happened upon his camp.

No way he left that ammo and those boots behind on purpose.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#45]
I check into this thread from time to time hoping to read that Freid is either in custody or in Hell.  If possible, I don't want to wade through 34 pages and was wondering if someone could answer a quick question for me.

I keep reading that Freid used a .308, is that a .308 Winchester or a .30 caliber of some sort that someone described as a .308?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I check into this thread from time to time hoping to read that Freid is either in custody or in Hell.  If possible, I don't want to wade through 34 pages and was wondering if someone could answer a quick question for me.

I keep reading that Freid used a .308, is that a .308 Winchester or a .30 caliber of some sort that someone described as a .308?
View Quote

An AK (one was found with a couple mags) and a .308 bolt gun they said.

Should be down to just the bolt gun unless he had others stashed (which sounds doubtful to me).They also just found 90 rounds with some other stuff.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Should be down to just the bolt gun unless he had others stashed (which sounds doubtful to me).They also just found 90 rounds with some other stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#48]
so what did this guy do for a living? did he just sponge off of mom and dad?
It seems like he would need a lot of free time to plan the way he did.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
so what did this guy do for a living? did he just sponge off of mom and dad?
It seems like he would need a lot of free time to plan the way he did.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Plan the way he did?

Please, do tell.

He didn't have a job, or he didn't have a known job.  Dudes a complete failure at life.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Interesting, so he is still in the area and was/is living of either stuff he hid ahead of time in caches or took with him.

I wonder if the cops stumbled across his base camp while he was out foraging or something? Even if he is dumping gear I can't see leaving 80 rounds of amoo behind. I suppose he may have heard the police at night and ran off without breaking camp. I can't tell what is in the photo but lugging spare boots and a rifle isn't a huge deal, but how many pounds of canned tuna fish can a man carry?

View Quote

87?
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top