BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 50
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Doesn't look like it could be PA. Time of day, time of incident, weather, etc. He probably just put any pic up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As of early Saturday morning, police said the gunman or gunmen were still on the loose.

Police helicopters from New Jersey and New York are helping search the area. At this point, authorities say they do not have a good description of the shooter or shooters.

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/511b9d88eab8ea054c000028/image.jpg

Is that a picture from the Dorner manhunt?

Doesn't look like it could be PA. Time of day, time of incident, weather, etc. He probably just put any pic up.

That was from the Dorner manhunt.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That photo is from the news. Reporter probably got stock photo for the article.
View Quote

Always check your sources .... especially if your source is a media site!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]

State police: Person of interest in shooting of 2 troopers in Pike County, Pa., located and being questioned - @timestribune

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

With two suspected shooters I doubt it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the odds the shooter(s) is/are (a) fellow trooper(s)?  

TWO SHOOTERS???

We had a bank robbery near here, less than 50 miles from this shooting, carried out by two robbers.  Dressed in full camo, with face masks and gloves, stolen getaway car that was found burning 10 miles away.  They accosted the opening personnel and were inside the bank for almost half an hour before anyone would normally come to the doors.  They emptied the vault.

People I know who have seen the security camera footage say the two were VERY well prepared and their actions were well thought out and not just an off the street, into a bank and rob it.  Interestingly the car was stolen from near this State Police barracks.

I wonder if two shooters at the barracks might not be the two bank robbers?  And are we seeing a couple of sovereign citizen types who are waging their own personal war against the government and big companies?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Apparently they just located a person of interest. Let's hope this gets resolved ASAP. Prayers for the Troopers family and all those involved.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/state-police-person-of-interest-in-cop-shooting-located-1.1752525
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Prayers for the trooper and his family.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

TWO SHOOTERS???

We had a bank robbery near here, less than 50 miles from this shooting, carried out by two robbers.  Dressed in full camo, with face masks and gloves, stolen getaway car that was found burning 10 miles away.  They accosted the opening personnel and were inside the bank for almost half an hour before anyone would normally come to the doors.  They emptied the vault.

People I know who have seen the security camera footage say the two were VERY well prepared and their actions were well thought out and not just an off the street, into a bank and rob it.  Interestingly the car was stolen from near this State Police barracks.

I wonder if two shooters at the barracks might not be the two bank robbers?  And are we seeing a couple of sovereign citizen types who are waging their own personal war against the government and big companies?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TWO SHOOTERS???

This is interesting. If that's the case, I doubt they allowed themselves to be questioned by police, so it probably wouldn't be the person of interest from above.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Jesus... hope they catch the POS that did it.

And waiting for the Idiot administration to call it "workplace violence".
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Very low but I know that's what you hoping for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not low at all.  I thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Hope they fry the bastards.

Let's hope this thread turns out better than when the NY trooper was killed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Pennsylvania State Troopers are some of the nicest most professional police officers in the country

View Quote

Prayers sent
Every one of them we have met up here has been exactly what you said, no snide attitudes or "wyatt Earp modes"

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Sovereign Citizens?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sovereign Citizens?
View Quote

I'm not sure how they figured out that there were two shooters, but assuming that's true, i'd guess that some variation of this / militia / somebody fent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Meh, I don't really care who shot them, just wondering out loud about a possibility since it was described as a (somewhat?) secure facility
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I don't really care who shot them, just wondering out loud about a possibility since it was described as a (somewhat?) secure facility

I'm sure the facility is.

The parking lot however is probably not so much.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As of early Saturday morning, police said the gunman or gunmen were still on the loose.

Police helicopters from New Jersey and New York are helping search the area. At this point, authorities say they do not have a good description of the shooter or shooters.

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/511b9d88eab8ea054c000028/image.jpg

Must be from the Dorner manhunt, those look like LAPD badges.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Early today, police confirmed they are talking with a person of interest in the shooting of two troopers in Pike County.

The individual, identified as Jeffrey Hudak, was located earlier today and is being interviewed by investigators, said Trooper Connie Devens, spokeswoman for Troop R in Dunmore.

She confirmed Mr. Hudak is a person of interest but said he is not in custody and has not been charged with a crime.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]
What the hell is wrong with people now days?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Probably still have to be 'buzzed' in.

MSP barrack nearby has that setup.

Desk Office on duty facing front door.

You approach and they 'buzz' you in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't it likely they'd have a reception area or small public area ?

Probably still have to be 'buzzed' in.

MSP barrack nearby has that setup.

Desk Office on duty facing front door.

You approach and they 'buzz' you in.

I used to walk right into the reception area at a MSP post in Northern Michigan. Maybe its changed I haven't lived in Michigan since 2008.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Prayers for the Troopers and families.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A possible domestic?  The second trooper could have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Common things being common, that was my first thought as well.  One of the area married police chiefs recently lost his job when he was busted fucking one of his married female subordinate officers.  Her firefighter husband wasn't too pleased since he was the one that caught them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A possible domestic?  The second trooper could have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Common things being common, that was my first thought as well.  One of the area married police chiefs recently lost his job when he was busted fucking one of his married female subordinate officers.  Her firefighter husband wasn't too pleased since he was the one that caught them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All possible.

Or, it's an anti government loon who snapped.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

All possible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All possible.

Then hunt him down like a rabid dog and take him out.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#28]
As of now the subject being questioned is not considered a suspect. Statement from PSP saying suspect or suspects are still at large.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

People are getting fed up with the way things are going.
They show their anger/frustration in many ways.
Sadly this is one of those ways.
But what with the Police?
I mean OK so you committed an offense and they arrested you ...... why mad at them, it was your choice to commit the offense.
Or maybe someone committed an offense against you or someone you know and that incident is unsolved. Can't really blame the police on this one either.

I remember when a Maryland State Trooper was ambushed on his way home. Seems it was someone he busted in the past and sadly they more or less knew of his routine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Condolences, godspeed,  and good hunting to PSP.  I hope they find the right guy/s quick and save PA tax payers the cost of a trial.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I mean OK so you committed an offense and they arrested you ...... why mad at them, it was your choice to commit the offense.
Or maybe someone committed an offense against you or someone you know and that incident is unsolved. Can't really blame the police on this one either.

I remember when a Maryland State Trooper was ambushed on his way home. Seems it was someone he busted in the past and sadly they more or less knew of his routine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two officers that I knew that got killed in a similar manner were screwing someones wife. A third officer I know almost got shot but the hubby didn't do it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you feel the charges are not justified, or trumped up.
Or you are innocent.

Not saying you should set up an ambush, but I'd certainly understand the anger.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Prayers for the troopers and their families. Hope they get the shitbag(s) soon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#34]
First off, the shooter had to have a rifle. PSP uses very good body armor. Although they wear armor, it isn't rated for stopping rifle rounds. Probably everyone in that county hunts and has a deer rifle. Said person would have knowledge of state police tactics and their comings and goings (i.e. shift change)

Second look for someone who had a beef with the PSP in that barracks, like someone's ex wife ran off with a trooper, etc.

Third look for someone who is a loner or does not have an alibi.

Prayers for the troopers and their families!

PA does have the death penalty for cop killers. I hope he dies by the numbers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Remember the LEO ambushed on the exit ramp who'd been set up with fallen tree limbs?

Did any headway ever get made in that case? Sorry,I forget where it even was,Kentucky perhaps?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I wonder what led them to the current person of interest?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Remember the LEO ambushed on the exit ramp who'd been set up with fallen tree limbs?

Did any headway ever get made in that case? Sorry,I forget where it even was,Kentucky perhaps?

View Quote

Kentucky yes.  It's been over a year now and no there are no leads at all.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, Kentucky.  

Prayers for the families.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well hell, I'm fed up with the way things are going too. But I'm not out shooting ANYONE!
So it has to be more than that!

Hope they catch the assholes responsible!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#40]
What a scumbag pussy move.   That place is pretty much in the middle of nowhere,  next to an interstate.      Lots of places to hide, and quite a few ways out.    

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Did I make it in before the "people are sick of the police", " people are fed up" bullshit yet?

"This site is pro law enforcement" makes me laugh every time. This thread might go 5 pages before it fades into obscurity.

The mrap thread with go 20 pages easy if it hasn't already.

Prayers to the fallen
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Did I make it in before the "people are sick of the police", " people are fed up" bullshit yet?

"This site is pro law enforcement" makes me laugh every time. This thread might go 5 pages before it fades into obscurity.

Prayers to the fallen
View Quote
I believe most posts have been to the effect of find them, shoot them, string them up by their toes but thanks for passing through!

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#43]
http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/trooper-from-dunmore-killed-in-blooming-grove-police-shooting-1.1752525
Bryon Dickson, who was promoted to corporal last year, was killed in the line of duty, sources tell the newspaper. He leaves behind a wife, Tiffany, and two sons, one in kindergarten and the other in second grade.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#44]
According to the press conference, they have no idea who did this. They're now offering a $20,000 reward to anyone with information leading to an arrest.

Quite sad for that Troopers family.

My father is a retired PA State Trooper so this hits a little too close to home.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Prayers to the fallen
View Quote

Not until you felt the need to post it.  Just damn
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Prayers for the wounded Trooper and for the fallen one's family. Hope they find the perpetrator(s) and deal with them appropriately.

I've lived most of my life in PA and have had many interactions with State Troopers, and never have had a bad interaction. When I was in HS they moved the local barracks to less than a mile from my house, so I actually knew most of the Troopers based out there, they were good people. They're also very professional and squared away individuals, in fact one of my LEO friends from Alabama said that some of the most professional cops from other agencies he'd ever dealt with in his career were the from the Texas Rangers and the PSP.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Did I make it in before the "people are sick of the police", " people are fed up"  yet?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

TWO SHOOTERS???

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TWO SHOOTERS???

Where are you located? If you're talking about the one in Glenburn yesterday, that was 2 miles from me...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Trooper Alex T. Douglass is in stable but critical condition, according to Commissioner Frank Noonan
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Pennsylvania State Troopers are some of the nicest most professional police officers in the country

Prayers sent
View Quote

I agree.  I was surprised the location wasn't closer to a large city.
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top