Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 12:05:25 PM EDT
Is that the best deal out there? How's the service?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it works fine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used them for the last 5 years, they are GTG.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
same here, great deal.

bought their $40 Samsung flip phone and auto pay $30 every month for more time than we'll ever need (1500 min.).
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I would switch, but I don't think my Verizon iPhone would work

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Been a customer for 3 years now. Not the greatest of phones but service has been great and the price is awesome. Pay $45 for unlimited.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been extremely happy with Virgin which is a similar deal (pre-paid).  I pay $35 per month for talk/text/data.

Service will depend on coverage in your area.  Straight Talk uses the AT&T network (I believe).  Virgin uses the Sprint Network.  I think that T-Mobile also has a pre-paid service.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been extremely happy with Virgin which is a similar deal (pre-paid).  I pay $35 per month for talk/text/data.

Service will depend on coverage in your area.  Straight Talk uses the AT&T network (I believe).  Virgin uses the Sprint Network.  I think that T-Mobile also has a pre-paid service.
View Quote

Straight talk is a very weird MVNO setup because they allow CDMA phones that use VZW network.... But they also allow GSM phones with can use AT&T or T-Mobiles network depending on what they are leasing in the area.

Seems interesting, not too many MVNO's get their networks from multiple providers, could be a best of both worlds, or a worst of both world scenario....
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why not? There is a straight talk iPhone. Don't they just change the chip or something?

Just wondering cause i was planning on switching.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Weve had it on one phone for over a year.  Works great.  Uses verizon's network.  $45/month unlimited everything, and we've never noticed throttling due to data limits.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#10]
We use the Tracfone version and the cost is ~$10/month for each phone for text/voice.  We do not use data.  One thing to be aware of is that they sell GSM and CDMA phones, and typically only sell the version they want used in your area due to their costs.  Here, you can only find GSM in stores.  GSM did not work well at all for us.  We bought CDMA versions online to use the much better (for this area) Verizon network.  Both CDMA phones were easy to activate on the Tracfone site and they work perfectly in this region.  The point: even though we could only get GSM devices locally, we had no problem activating CDMA units for superior service.

You may want to do some research on which type of network will be most reliable for your needs before purchasing.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Straight Talk uses service from the Big 4 ; AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint.

You can put any virtually any pre-owned GSM phone on Straight Talk, with an AT&T or TMo SIM card, purchased from ST.
They allow select Verizon phones to be brought on to their networks, mostly older 3G phones.

Most of the phones they sell are under powered dogs, or overpriced and locked to their network.

Best bet is bring your own phone and get one of their SIMs.

I pay $49.59 per month, including tax, for unlimited talk, text, and 3 GB of Data, on a Straight Talk AT&T network SIM, including LTE, with my own phone.
It is set up for auto debit from a CC, so no cards to buy. It refills itself every month on the same day.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why not? There is a straight talk iPhone. Don't they just change the chip or something?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Straight Talk BYOP
It is simple to check if your phone is compatible. Just bought a Samsung S4 from a friend and activated on Straight Talk. We have used them for several years with no issues.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if my Verizon Note 3 would work on ST? I have a older Droid Razr Maxx, Droid2 and HTC Incredible 2 all from Verizon. My phones are not under contract. I would love to switch.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Verizon phones are weird. My iPhone 4 doesn't have a SIM card

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Posting from mine!

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
OK, if I switch my iphone 4 over to Straight Talk from ATT, how will this effect me getting my emails?

Do I have to reprogram anything?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have used them for the last 5 years, they are GTG.
View Quote

Four years here.

Love them.

Now offering 4G.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have one and it works fine.
View Quote

This...
Half what I used to pay on the same carrier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top