Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Im sent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
IM sent... Including the SO, this is a 2'fer.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I was able to collect a few signatures and meet Tim at the NRA show. He is worth helping.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not SC so I can answer for him but now I'm subscribed and lurking .  What are you doing, who are you currently working with, and what "more" do you need from folks?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Will you push for the NRA to do more for us in NY?

I'm not SC so I can answer for him but now I'm subscribed and lurking .  What are you doing, who are you currently working with, and what "more" do you need from folks?

Really?  The guy asked for my vote, I don't think asking where he stands is outta line.

Since you asked though, I given what I can to the NYSRPA, do you want a number? receipts? I've done things on this forum and in the real world to recruit members.

As far as what I'd like from the NRA- More than a Friend of the Court Brief.  How about providing some counsel to those charged with violating the SAFE act?  How about some funding for the NYSRPA Lawsuit?  Anything really.  We need all the help we can get.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Life member here and would love to help you out.  I donated to the recall efforts and support my brothers in all states.  PM inbound.
View Quote

Same here, IM coming shortly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't think he knows that he is going up against him

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IM sent

Have you talked to Modern Musket?

I don't think he knows that he is going up against him

Against is a strong word. And I did know that we are on the same ballot. So are others who are in fact on the same ballot and they are helping me. All good.

Glad to make friends. I have yet to meet him, but several of my friends speak highly of him.

The voting members get 25 votes, so they can surely make room for the two of us. He has a far better shot as he will be get an internal nomination and most voting members discount petition candidates. They see the nomination committee as the word on who to vote for. As I said I am glad to earn it.

I am going through my in box making out packets, thanks for all of the support.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#9]
IM sent for packet.

David
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
IM sent
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Lifer here, IM sent to help.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#12]
IM sent
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#13]
IM sent and in!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#14]
IM Inbound.  Gotta have a fellow Coloradoan on "board"
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#15]
IM sent (life member)
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are not out of line for asking.

Of course I will see what can can be done in NY. I am always on the move helping in other states because not a single state is up for grabs as far as I am concerned. I flew to California to help. I have been on the phone to folks in NJ for months who are trying to get their own recall going. I am going to CT in late October to help knock on doors (and campaign where I am needed) and help some of the folks on the ground there. It is safe to say that CT & NY are hot spots. Making friends and making a difference is what I do. I am but one man, but I strive to make a difference. If I can be of use to NY I will be front and center.  I do these things on my own and I always will. If I have a business card that says NRA board member that does not mean I get to speak for them. BUT my success in the grassroots will be utilized for success and making a personal connection. If the NRA blesses what I do great, but I go anyways. Several folks from Ohio, one of whom is a NRA Board member, came out to help in the recalls, they did so as citizens. We are cut from the same cloth.

As for policy, I will always fight to hold the line and push back when possible. Even when the odds are not good I am still the guy asking the questions. And if it does not go the way I think I should, I will go on my own accord. But if you are there we can go together.

I worked with lots of friends last year (NRA, NSSF, MagPul, Republican party, individual politicians, other gun groups in several states, Lobbying/Polticial firms & more lawyers than I cared to). Making plans, relationships and strategy is what I did on our Colorado recall team. I had to earn trust and get stuff done to earn that trust. I/we were still betrayed, as I knew I would be. But others came through and stood with us (very notably the NRA).  Getting other people to come along, whether that is you and your buddies, other friends, friends who are NRA members (or board members) or we are out making new friends, I will be doing something. Glad to have help on way, official or not. So no I will not always have an answer but dam if I am not in the fight.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Of course I will see what can can be done in NY. I am always on the move helping in other states because not a single state is up for grabs as far as I am concerned. I flew to California to help. I have been on the phone to folks in NJ for months who are trying to get their own recall going. I am going to CT in late October to help knock on doors (and campaign where I am needed) and help some of the folks on the ground there. It is safe to say that CT & NY are hot spots. Making friends and making a difference is what I do. I am but one man, but I strive to make a difference. If I can be of use to NY I will be front and center.  I do these things on my own and I always will. If I have a business card that says NRA board member that does not mean I get to speak for them. BUT my success in the grassroots will be utilized for success and making a personal connection. If the NRA blesses what I do great, but I go anyways. Several folks from Ohio, one of whom is a NRA Board member, came out to help in the recalls, they did so as citizens. We are cut from the same cloth.

As for policy, I will always fight to hold the line and push back when possible. Even when the odds are not good I am still the guy asking the questions. And if it does not go the way I think I should, I will go on my own accord. But if you are there we can go together.

I worked with lots of friends last year (NRA, NSSF, MagPul, Republican party, individual politicians, other gun groups in several states, Lobbying/Polticial firms & more lawyers than I cared to). Making plans, relationships and strategy is what I did on our Colorado recall team. I had to earn trust and get stuff done to earn that trust. I/we were still betrayed, as I knew I would be. But others came through and stood with us (very notably the NRA).  Getting other people to come along, whether that is you and your buddies, other friends, friends who are NRA members (or board members) or we are out making new friends, I will be doing something. Glad to have help on way, official or not. So no I will not always have an answer but dam if I am not in the fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the reply. You definitely seem like the type we need on the board.  I'm a life member, IM inbound.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in. IM sent
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Really?  The guy asked for my vote, I don't think asking where he stands is outta line.

Since you asked though, I given what I can to the NYSRPA, do you want a number? receipts? I've done things on this forum and in the real world to recruit members.

As far as what I'd like from the NRA- More than a Friend of the Court Brief.  How about providing some counsel to those charged with violating the SAFE act?  How about some funding for the NYSRPA Lawsuit?  Anything really.  We need all the help we can get.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a recovering New Yorker, allow me to sing you the song of our people - chill the fuck out, dude!  I wasn't busting your balls, I was looking to see if there was anything I could do to help out.  Having been on the front lines - sans NRA help - I know what it's like so I was asking what you were working on to see if I had experience that might be pertinent.  It was an offer, not an accusation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#20]
IM Sent.

Life Member here.

Eric  
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
As a recovering New Yorker, allow me to sing you the song of our people - chill the fuck out, dude!  I wasn't busting your balls, I was looking to see if there was anything I could do to help out.  Having been on the front lines - sans NRA help - I know what it's like so I was asking what you were working on to see if I had experience that might be pertinent.  It was an offer, not an accusation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seeing where you're from, the song of your people is appropriate.  I didn't mean for my post to come out like that, and I apologize.  

As a New Yorker on a gun board, seeing those "they got what they deserve" (even in the NYHTF) has me being a little defensive.  

Sorry.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Seeing where you're from, the song of your people is appropriate.  I didn't mean for my post to come out like that, and I apologize.  

As a New Yorker on a gun board, seeing those "they got what they deserve" (even in the NYHTF) has me being a little defensive.  

Sorry.

View Quote

Hell, I just IMed you my own apology and clarification.

After going through what we did here in CO, I vowed I will NEVER jump on that "deserved" bandwagon again.  If we had all banded together when this crap started in CA instead of rolling our eyes and making fun of "those hippies...."  No more.  We're in this together.  Let me know if there's anything I can do.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Life member here - IM inbound.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Evening bump.  You've got my support.

Thank you for taking this on.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#25]
IM sent.  Keep your postage.  I've got stamps I need to burn.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#26]
The support is great and keeping me gladly busy. Keep them coming ..... please and thank you.

For those who have not looked at my website, I have a Q & A section, some of the media (although someone with a PC said that the links were not working) and my story.
www.knight4nra.com

The book is coming, but that is another story, and howdy ..... my estemed friend Keith C is working on that. No publishing house would go near it and many were pitched.

I hope more than a few of you are coming to an NRA annual meeting soon. Lots of Adult beverages to be had with ya.

Headed to San Antonio, TX this weekend & on the 20th to UT, all to look members in the eye (and get signatures).

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#27]
IM sent and bump
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Bump and address sent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]
IM sent
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#30]
All four lifers in my family will be voting for you.  I'll even fill out the two year old's ballot myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm sent, will gladly support.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#33]
IM sent
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#34]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#35]
IM sent
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#36]
IM sent, 2 Lifers here, ready to support you. Save your postage, please, it's the least we can do.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#37]

IM Sent

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#38]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm in
IM sent

<----------------
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Email sent since your IM must be getting close to full at this point.

Life member here, proud to support anyone who helped with the recall effort in Colorado.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#41]
IM sent, both my wife and I are voting members. We would be glad to help.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Not eligible to vote for you but bump for a good cause!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Life Endowment here.  IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

...The voting members get 25 votes, so they can surely make room for the two of us...
View Quote

You (or someone) might do well to explain how NRA voting with the ballots and 25 votes works as well as what should (or shouldn't) be done with "extra" votes after one has made their choices of who they do want on the BoD.  There are some bums on the board who can effectively be voted against if cleaning house is your thing.  That might even be good info to add to the OP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#45]
IM inbound.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Are you the machinist with no political experience that was on the news and in the papers about organizing the recall?  If so, you were able to organize and arrange all of that against seasoned politicians?  

BTW, I am a life member.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Life member here - IM inbound.
View Quote
Mine too.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Are you the machinist with no political experience that was on the news and in the papers about organizing the recall?  If so, you were able to organize and arrange all of that against seasoned politicians?  

BTW, I am a life member.

View Quote

No, that was reptar_head, and he was a plumber.

None of us had political experience, though, and yes, against seasoned politicians.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:10:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

None of us had political experience, though, and yes, against seasoned politicians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW, I am a life member.

Shit, we beat Mike Bloomberg, Joe Biden AND Bill Clinton (he did robocall the district to urge a "No") with Morse's recall.  Not bad for "nobodies with political experience that could be measured with an egg timer."
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:20:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You (or someone) might do well to explain how NRA voting with the ballots and 25 votes works as well as what should (or shouldn't) be done with "extra" votes after one has made their choices of who they do want on the BoD.  There are some bums on the board who can effectively be voted against if cleaning house is your thing.  That might even be good info to add to the OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...The voting members get 25 votes, so they can surely make room for the two of us...

I will say it this way, the NRA belongs to its members and they should be the only ones who decide who is worthy to serve:

You do not need to vote for all 25 board of director seats. In fact, fewer votes on the ballot will increase your preferred candidates chances of election. Many are deserving, but you get to choose who represents you. Take the time to learn who you are voting for. What do you know? Is the short bio enough or can you find more about them.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top