BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The wife and I made that decision before we got hitched. We both have our reasons.

Have run into the same sort of festering assholes, that seem to think everyone should squirt out kids like a vending machine.
Some have been so forward as to ask "Don't you think that is really selfish?" or "You must have a really empty and meaningless life?".

Your Daughter is going to learn that a good number of people on this planet, are friggin' loons.
View Quote

We were both older when we got married and waited to start trying. We got some of the same nonsense.

Hell, several people gave us grief when we made it clear we were only having one child. How can you only have one child? That's selfish? They *need* siblings. Blah blah blah. I looked at most of them with the face after those bizarre and frankly disturbing conversations.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Sadly, I don't see a woman out there worth bearing children with.

There's plenty for the taking to practice with, however.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:26:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"I heard you got married. When are you gonna have kids?"  My buddy told him "Never. We don't want kids"  The co-worker got visibly upset and was inquiring why he didn't want to have kids. It's none of his fucking business why his co-worker doesn't want to have kids.

BTW, I posted this thread after reading The Pontificator's thread here
View Quote

I had someone get upset when I said Mrs Pic and I were having no kids shortly after we married.

"How does ME having no children effect YOU? Tell me that. Truth is it is none of your damned business! If you took the time you spend worrying about me not having kids and spent it on raising  YOUR kids maybe they'd be civilized human beings instead of being the little savages they are!"

He didn't like that very much.

When you marry at 40 kids are not necessarily a good idea. Who wants to be in their 60s with kids in high school? I sure didn't.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hope you aren't serious.

You might think it's cute, but it's fucked up and wrong.  You should reconsider.    Don't shackle your children with your own hangups and failures,  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

My son will eventually know that my wife and I didn't want to have kids, we just disregarded that whole "protection" thing one too many times.

I wouldn't trade him for all the .22 in the world now.  He may be a PITA 18 month old, but he's MY PITA 18 month old.

You might think it's cute, but it's fucked up and wrong.  You should reconsider.    Don't shackle your children with your own hangups and failures,  

I cant stress enough how bad an idea this is.

I heard from a young age that I was an "Oop's" and it has affected me and my view of my parents.

We also made the no kids decision.

World is too fucked up.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:27:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you don't think your line coming to an end matters, I guess it doesn't.
View Quote
I would be severely disappointed.  Good DNA likes to reproduce, I don't care if my neighbor doesn't want to spread his genes, but I want kids and grand kids.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:34:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope. The way I see it, if they don't feel that they don't want to be parents then that is preferable to them bringing children in to the world that at best they'll mildly resent and at worse be damned hostile towards them. The last thing this world needs is more fucked up kids coming from resentful parents.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#7]
In spite of his dad my son turned out to be an amazing kid. It would be a huge disappointment for him to not bless the planet with a ton of kids.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My father was offended until the last day of his life, his brothers son died young and I'm last of the line too bad. I was adopted anyway so WTF does it matter.
View Quote

While I am not criticizing you, I can probably give you a little insight into this.

From the perspective of an adoptive father, your "line" is more than genetic.  My son does not share my genetic information, but he is taught my values and the values passed on to me from before.

Although, your father may simply have wanted to have the experience of being a grandfather.  My dad is in absolute bliss as he explores the world with my little boy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I would be sad, because I think it would be nice to have grandkids, but it wouldn't upset me.

Also, about your friend, in today's day and age I think it is fucking stupid to get married if you don't have plans to have kids-just live together.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#10]
All that's fine if you have the choice. I would have given anything to have had children, but my wife and I weren't able to. I guess it was part of God's plan.

I still think the main purpose of marriage is to have children. Otherwise, why bother? God played a cruel joke on us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#11]
i don't see what business it is of anyone's if you procreate or not, besides yours.

some people need you to do what they did as validation of their "right" choice.

coworker probably didn't want kids, had them, and is trying to "get right" with that choice by foisting it on others.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nope.

My son will eventually know that my wife and I didn't want to have kids, we just disregarded that whole "protection" thing one too many times.

I wouldn't trade him for all the .22 in the world now.  He may be a PITA 18 month old, but he's MY PITA 18 month old.
View Quote

Lol

"Mommy and daddy love you very much, more than we knew it was possible to love another human being, but honestly you were an accident."

To OP, no, you're right, only stupid people get offended by other peoples' decisions on whether or not to have kids. Their kids or lack thereof are not your business, and your kids are not theirs. I CAN kind of see it when it comes to your own kids not wanting any however, because that's the continuation of your own genetic line, but still seems to be the kind of thing you shouldn't be getting upset about.

Personally I didn't used to want kids, at all. Now I'm pretty sure I'll have a couple at some point.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#13]
It would represent a severe parenting failure if ones' offspring did not want offspring of their own.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My line?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My line?

Seriously

I ain't an aristocrat. If my brother has kids it's his problem, I don't want any.

Well, I'd consider adopting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Just more kids to come from broken, divorced homes.

Let me tell you how fun that is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

One way or the other it doesn't really matter to anyone but you, and you'll be dead.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#17]
My three kids are all college grad professionals - oldest (36) had made it clear since he was grown there wold be no kids from him, middle son (33)is in the .mil and has never shown any interest plus his job makes him damn near homeless, and daughter (30) was married to a cheating sob LEO who flushed any indication to get married again completely out of her system. She is a case manager for the Fl Foster Home system and said she will eventually adopt one. Fine with me. its their life.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't have kids, but I don't think I'd be offended if my kid didn't want to have kids.

I sorta want a kid or two.  But then I think about how bad other people's bodily functions makes me gag, and then I reconsider my wants.  Maybe I'll move out until the kid is potty trained, and then come back home.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#19]
My boss has a standing offer to pay her son (age 22 right now, I think) $25,000 cash if he will have a vasectomy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#20]
nope
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#21]
No.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#22]
After spending only a few days with my 1 year old Nephew...No.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#23]
It wouldn't offend me, but they wouldn't be getting an inheretence. My stuff is to assist in the continued propogation of my genes and my values. If they're not doing that, there's no point in leaving them my things and cash.

Also, I didn't want kids ever. Then I got married.

Now I have a 4 bedroom house to fill.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Just not in the cards but I know mom would have liked to have more grandkids
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Offended? No... Perhaps a little disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Nah; I'm pretty sure we have that guy anyway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#27]
People including my parents are selfish.....my Mom will swear up and down that us not having kids does not bother her.....but she is lying.   She never put any effort into getting to know my wife and I feel that it is because we did not give her grandchildren. Now that she has her 1st grandchild...her whole world has changed and we have moved one step closer to totally not being a part of it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Nope.

At 19, I didn't want any either.  Hell, at 35 I still wasn't sure but it was too late at that point.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those who are taking over our country certainly don't mind.....just keep paying those taxes out to the baby factories coming
across our border....
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not at all.
Would never happen though because my plan is to never have kids too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/9705d99775a9ecc8d1fffe0e045d0665_zps14b0c832.jpg
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#31]
I've read on Arf a couple times people saying that those who choose not to have kids are selfish and the reason the FSA will outnumber everyone else...Sorry,I didnt sign up to be a stud horse.

I simply do not enjoy children. Absolutely nothing about them improves my life and I have no parenting instinct. If my SO eventually wants a child she can adopt the thing,I don't want the responsibility or cost.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
People including my parents are selfish.....my Mom will swear up and down that us not having kids does not bother her.....but she is lying.   She never put any effort into getting to know my wife and I feel that it is because we did not give her grandchildren. Now that she has her 1st grandchild...her whole world has changed and we have moved one step closer to totally not being a part of it.
View Quote

So give her grandkids.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Your life, your kid, your decision.

But it's a fucked up and horrible thing to tell any child.  

That's an objective fact.  

Think, before you spew.    Verbally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

Hah, no shit!  "Son, I love you, but I never wanted you.  Thanks for being a burden"

Did I ever fucking say he was a burden?

Perhaps you should've read the bottom part of my post.

Telling a child when he's older that he wasn't planned isn't a bad thing, in fact, it might make someone reconsider things like using protection when he's a teen.

Your life, your kid, your decision.

But it's a fucked up and horrible thing to tell any child.  

That's an objective fact.  

Think, before you spew.    Verbally.

My dad and I were drinking together one night and he let slip that I wasn't planned. At the time I was halfway through college and had an outstanding relationship with my dad. It in no way affected things between us. It did make me a little paranoid by unplanned pregnancies though. We still have an awesome relationship and I cherish all of our many adventures together. Maybe it's just me, but it's a non-issue.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't offend me. I've seen people who think otherwise. If you are married you MUST have children. Uh. No you don't.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#35]
My husband and I never wanted kids either. His brothers and my nieces have made up for it. We have 11 nieces and nephews.

My parents never cared that we didn't want kids. They adore my husband.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I wouldn't be offended, but I would be bummed for sure.

I have a son that's 2.5 and another child on the way. I've known for as long back as I can remember that I wanted to be a father. Once my kids are grown up and have moved onto the next chapter of their life, I am hopeful that I will be blessed with grandchildren as well. If not, I will completely respect their choice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Would not be an issue; but I have 1 grandson already so kind of hard to put myself in a place where I would have no grandchildren.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#38]
And ya'll are the reason blacks and hispanics are becoming the new majority.  Gratz on handing over what your forefathers bled for because you want a BMW.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So give her grandkids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So give her grandkids.

God, I love Arf. Great advice. Have children to win back the affection of your mother.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#40]
She will turn 30 and her friends will be having babies. She well hold the babies... then it will start.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's how it works - might as well change your last name and move to another state. They are through with you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#42]
When I was younger I didn't want kids, like a lot of ARFCOMER's here I didn't really like being around them. To a degree that's normal for most males in their early 20's to not feel comfortable around other people's kids. Not until my mid 30's did I change my mind, my wife was in the same boat as we were married for 8 yrs before committing.

Kids are not for everyone and many have them without committing to be good parents. If you know you don't want to be parents or would not make good ones, by all means don't reproduce. I for one would not like to be an old man without a child to carry on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Geting offended because someone does not want or believe what you believe is not correct.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#44]
My father disowned me when I got a vasectomy at 24.

(shrug)

"You wiped our family from the face of the Earth.  That can never be forgiven."
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#45]
If you're offended, keep it to yourself.  Some couples have fertility issues that they don't want to share with you either.  Just politely keep your mouth shut.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There are a ton of kids/babies out there that need adoptive homes.  Just sayin'.  One of my friends adopted a baby from Guatemala.  He's 10 now.

My wife and I have a combined IQ close to 350 (143 for me, 200+ for her).  While we always wanted kids, part of the motivation was that we also felt we needed to have kids to help combat the Idiocracy crowd.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got seven brothers and one sister. Between them I have over 20 nieces and nephews. My family line isn't going away anytime soon.

I won't have any kids because I'm a cripple and have genetic problems that could be passed on. It wouldn't be fair for any potential child to have me as a father.

There are a ton of kids/babies out there that need adoptive homes.  Just sayin'.  One of my friends adopted a baby from Guatemala.  He's 10 now.

My wife and I have a combined IQ close to 350 (143 for me, 200+ for her).  While we always wanted kids, part of the motivation was that we also felt we needed to have kids to help combat the Idiocracy crowd.  

Im way too lazy to google this but I dont think your wifes IQ is 200 plus, because im pretty sure it stops at 200, and the smartest person on the planet is 180ish. Someone bragging online about their 143 IQ would probably know those details though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#47]
i have three sons, 27,26,and 23  none of them express any desire to bring kids into this fucked up world, and that's fine with me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

God, I love Arf. Great advice. Have children to win back the affection of your mother.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So give her grandkids.

Well, whatever the reason, just have kids. Don't let the bloodline that survived the Mongols and Nazis and Black Plague and famine and all that other shit end for the sake of temporary convenience!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Well, whatever the reason, just have kids. Don't let the bloodline that survived the Mongols and Nazis and Black Plague and famine and all that other shit end for the sake of temporary convenience!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So give her grandkids.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And ya'll are the reason blacks and hispanics are becoming the new majority.  Gratz on handing over what your forefathers bled for because you want a BMW.
View Quote

One of the side benefits of insisting our daughter provides us with Grandchildren that look like us is that I can rest with satisfaction that George Washington is proud of me.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top