Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I started a thread just like this a few months ago, followed the advice of a WSM and couldn't be happier, check craigslist for good deals on them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No limit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much are you willing to spend ?

No limit.

Big Green Egg and be done with it. Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#3]
STUMPS

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I try and use the 100% hardwood pellets.  I'll see if I can find the pellets you're using.  I haven't noticed any benefit to Traeger's flavored pellets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Traeger

I've heard the pellet wood leaves a weird taste in the meat.
Any truth to that?
Or is it certain brands?

Not with Traeger pellets it doesn't.
And Traeger pellets are artificially flavored.I use Traeger pellets sometimes because they are cheaper but I usually use Cookin' Pellets, they are a true unflavored 100% hardwood pellet.

I try and use the 100% hardwood pellets.  I'll see if I can find the pellets you're using.  I haven't noticed any benefit to Traeger's flavored pellets.
I use the CookinPellets Perfect Mix pellets, it's a mix of Hickory, Cherry, Hard Maple, and Apple all natural 100% hardwood with no flavoring oils (like Traeger).

The Perfect Mix pellets are a very good all around for every food pellet - not too mild and not too strong.

I think they might burn a bit hotter (but that could just be me) but I definitely like the flavor more than Traeger (I'm not trying to talk down Traeger pellets - I use those also).

I buy them 80 pounds at a time from Amazon (the least expensive way to purchase these pellets).

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If money were no object, this is what I would get hands-down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVvx3bFMJjY
View Quote

Damnit.

I watched that.  Now I want one even more.

Can I borrow a couple grand?   Please.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top