Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2014 8:11:00 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with these? I saw one at a store on a recent trip to Alabama and wow they're built like tanks! But do they really perform as advertised?

I'm in the market for a new propane grill and smoker. Buying this one would almost bust the budget for getting both but if it really works they way they say it does it might be worth it.

Cajun Express Smoker

ETA: I've tried to embed a youtube video three times and each time the screen locks up and I have to close it. Not sure what's going on but there is the cold link to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJec25-8u80
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience, but as a fat man, I could endorse it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No experience, but as a fat man, I could endorse it.
View Quote

Baby back ribs in 30 minutes?

Yes please
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump for the early evening crew.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Would drastically reduce beer intake during cook.   FAIL!   $995 2 x FAIL!

Buy a webber smokey mountain.  Thank me later.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh fuck no. For the last time, Jesus get a damn Weber Smokey Mountain and be fucking done with it. How are you going to get smoke rings in a half hour?  This isn't no pressure cooker verses slow cooker. There are a lot of damn steps to make good ribs, chicken, and brisket that involves more than some shitty short cooking time. You gotta add sauces, spices, butter, wrap, and or inject at different times in the cooking process.  This seems to be the microwave of shitty smokers.

Do you microwave hot dogs brah?  No, you don't if you want good ones.  If this was a good way, all the competition guys would be using it. Do you know a $300 device that cooks winning ribs???  Yeah brah, the Weber Smokey Mountain!  

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Would drastically reduce beer intake during cook.   FAIL!   $995 2 x FAIL!

Buy a webber smokey mountain.  Thank me later.
View Quote

This man knows what he is talking about.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
All valid points.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]

^        ^
Delete this "S" and your embed will work
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJec25-8u80

^        ^
Delete this "S" and your embed will work
View Quote

Thanks,
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I am trying to figure out what the braided hose does here, in the back:

Is it connected to another burner?

Is it just some sort of bubbler, to push water, apple juice, beer vapors up into the main compartment?

When I can make it to a real computer, I'll be sure to download their brochure.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
My curiosity is getting the better of me:

I am already having visions of my plasmaCAM guy cutting out a octagon shape from a piece of say 1/8th to 1/4th inch thick steel.

The inside octagon piece becomes the back of the smoker.  The piece it is cut from the middle of becomes the front:

Whatever the kerf was left by the plasma can easily get filled by the weld.  

In short, the front octagon and the back octagon, together, basically become a jig to hold the bottom, sides, and top together as they are all being tacked together.  Very clever, actually.

Hey, what can I say...right now, I am too cheap to spring for a Big Green Egg.

EDIT: because I am a tard at this hour...duh, octagon vs. hexagon
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
But I kinda like hanging around my smoker all day with a cold beer and some tunes.

This thing seems like an answer to a question no one asked.
View Quote

No one is saying you can't do that. But at the end of the day you've quadrupled the amount of smoked meat you have to show for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I am bumping this thread for the day walkers out and about surfing ARFcom on this Labor Day.

I did a google search and it appears that Bass Pro might carry these.  I'll call first, but I might go check 'em out on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am bumping this thread for the day walkers out and about surfing ARFcom on this Labor Day.

I did a google search and it appears that Bass Pro might carry these.  I'll call first, but I might go check 'em out on Wednesday.
View Quote

I have not seen them in the Bolingbrook or East Peoria stores but its been a while since I've been to either one of them.

Let me know if they have them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#17]
It looks like a pressure cooker, smoker, and a gas grill got together in a nasty drunken tequila love triangle and this was the pool of fuck mess that was leftover.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:14:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Fail to see how it is a pressure cooker if it has an open hole in it venting smoke... Seems like a smoker with a gasket and a fancy door latch
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#20]
But I am still intrigued by the contraption in the back.  In the other smoker thread that was floating around today in GD, it sounds like a lot of guys bathe their ribs/brisket/whatever in apple cider, but that means taking the meat out and wrapping it in foil.  So I guess the contraption spritzes the meat with cider while still inside the Cajun Express.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top