Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/31/2014 10:09:15 AM EDT
My vote would have to go to this one:

"On the night of their betrothal, the wife shall open to the man as the furrow to the plow and he shall work in her, in and again, 'til she bring him to his fall and rest him then upon the sweat of her breast."

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#1]
If you do not have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, sure, but in context that quote was for that specific circumstance and for those particular people, not a general rule.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Exodus 22:2
"If a thief is caught in the act of breaking into a house and is struck and killed in the process, the person who killed the thief is not guilty of murder"

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Luke 22:36, I believe.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Job 39:26-30 is quite cool.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Pslam 137:9?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#7]
John 11:35
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

"On the night of their betrothal, the wife shall open to the man as the furrow to the plow and he shall work in her, in and again, 'til she bring him to his fall and rest him then upon the sweat of her breast."

View Quote

That isn't in the Bible.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#10]
My favorite passage has always been Samuel 18:1-4

1 Now when he had finished speaking to Saul, a the 1 soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, b and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. 2 Saul took him that day, c and would not let him go home to his father's house anymore. 3 Then Jonathan and David made a d covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. 4 And Jonathan took off the robe that was on him and gave it to David, with his armor, even to his sword and his bow and his belt.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That isn't in the Bible.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That isn't in the Bible.

It's in the space bible.....

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That isn't in the Bible.

This is the shit we get now that public schoolers graduate with empty heads. 170 views before someone noticed.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is the shit we get now that public schoolers graduate with empty heads. 170 views before someone noticed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't in the Bible.

Noticed? No.

Bothered to comment on? Yes.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#14]
It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My favorite passage has always been Samuel 18:1-4

1 Now when he had finished speaking to Saul, a the 1 soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, b and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. 2 Saul took him that day, c and would not let him go home to his father's house anymore. 3 Then Jonathan and David made a d covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. 4 And Jonathan took off the robe that was on him and gave it to David, with his armor, even to his sword and his bow and his belt.

View Quote

lol. INB4 butthurt. Or should it be IN after.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Numbers 6: 24-26

The LORD bless you and keep you;

the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;

the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#18]

More than just one verse, but these from 2 Timothy 4 always get to me:

9d Do your best to come to me soon. 10 For Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia. 11 Luke alone is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is very useful to me for ministry. 12 Tychicus I have sent to Ephesus. 13 When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, also the books, and above all the parchments. 14 Alexander the coppersmith did me great harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds. 15 Beware of him yourself, for he strongly opposed our message. 16 At my first defense no one came to stand by me, but all deserted me. May it not be charged against them! 17 But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.19 Greet Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus. 20 Erastus remained at Corinth, and I left Trophimus, who was ill, at Miletus. 21 Do your best to come before winter.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That isn't in the Bible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't in the Bible.

I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#20]
A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things

Ecclesiastes 10:19
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

What does it say about gay marriage?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#22]

He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.  It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds.  Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

"Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
View Quote

BACON

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#23]
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses - Ezekiel 23:20
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#25]
John 3 16
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#26]
"...You've read your Orange Catholic Bible, thus you know the story of Eve and the apple. Here's an interesting fact about that story: Eve was not the first to pluck and sample the apple. Adam was first and he learned by this to put the blame on Eve. ..."

Genesis, Paraphrased by Duke Leto Atreides
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

Woah. Good Bible.

AND I DON'T CARE IF SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT!

Edited to add: Looks like I wasn't beaten to it. Arfcom, I am disappoint

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That isn't in the Bible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That isn't in the Bible.

No, but this one is:  

18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.      
19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

Proverbs 5:18-19.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://themellowjihadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/facepalm4cr-1.jpg

Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Not sure which chapter but I always liked:

"Fuck bitches, get money."

It has always brought me peace and guidance in trying times.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#32]
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike
down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#35]

"I just whipped your ass."
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Exodus 22:2

Were I to defend a business during a riot that would be painted on all sides of the building.
Exodus 22:2New King James Version (NKJV)
2 If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#37]
"Thou shalt not..DOH!" Homer Simpson
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Brian 14
...For the demon shall bear a nine-bladed sword. Nine-bladed! Not two or five or seven, but nine, which he will wield on all wretched sinners, sinners just like you, sir, there, and the horns shall be on the head, with which he will...
View Quote

But Brother Maynard, what does the Book of Armaments say of possible defenses against the Rabbit of Caerbannog?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Psalm 109:8King James Version (KJV)

8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#40]
The high priest then stood up and said to Him, "Don't You have an answer to what these men are testifying against you?
But Jesus kept silent.
Then the high priest said to Him, "By the living God I place You under oath: "Tell us if You are the Messiah; the Christ, the Son of God or not!"

"You have said it," Jesus told him. "But I will tell you, in the future you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven."

The Gospel of Saint Matthew
Matthew 26: 62-64
Jesus Faces the Sanhedrin: Admission of Being Messiah: World Savior to Come at the End of the Age
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

...And the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brian 14
...For the demon shall bear a nine-bladed sword. Nine-bladed! Not two or five or seven, but nine, which he will wield on all wretched sinners, sinners just like you, sir, there, and the horns shall be on the head, with which he will...

But Brother Maynard, what does the Book of Armaments say of possible defenses against the Rabbit of Caerbannog?

...And the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah...

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#43]
"But we urge you, brothers, to do this more and more, 11and to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, 12so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." I Thessalonians 4:10-12
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't in the Bible.

I'm thinking the OP is a very confused individual.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike
down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!
View Quote

Beat me to it
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#46]
double tap
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
View Quote

I came here to post this.  I have this verse on a picture in my office.  I do my best to read it often.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Psalm 81:11 "Open wide your mouth and I will fill it"
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#49]
I like this one, Psalms has alot of good stuff too.

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Thou shalt not... oh, the hell with it!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top