Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/30/2014 11:16:57 PM EDT
Pulled up to a four way stop.  No vehicles are moving.  Cyclist in in the middle of the road having a conversation with the driver in front of me.  Car to the left is an unmarked police car.  Cyclist  is mad, goes to speed away, tangles up his feet and goes down hard in the middle of the intersection.  Wish I had thought to use my phone to record it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....

Cool story, bro
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pulled up to a four way stop.  No vehicles are moving.  Cyclist in in the middle of the road having a conversation with the driver in front of me.  Car to the left is an unmarked police car.  Cyclist  is mad, goes to speed away, tangles up his feet and goes down hard in the middle of the intersection.  Wish I had thought to use my phone to record it.
View Quote

Don't judge.  If I wore spandex and sat on a pole I'd be pretty fucking mad too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool story, bro
View Quote

He is from MO...

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
"GD, I saw something not really interesting, but it involved a bike today. Please love me for sharing"

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"GD, I saw something not really interesting, but it involved a bike today. Please love me for sharing"

View Quote

I fucking hate fucking road cyclists.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially when they have a bike trail right next to the Dayum road
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just do oral then

Ba-dum-tsssssss
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Relevant:

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
The biker was probably talking to that person, because they did something dangerous that almost hurt the biker. Every time a biker goes out for a ride, everything is trying to kill you and not one person cares about your safety.

Drivers are disrespectful and don't follow the law, especially around bikers.

Don't be angry, get a bike and enjoy the ride, just like when you were a kid. You might even lose a few pounds and meet some awesome people.

By the way, they wear the tights because everything else can get caught on the bike, if you are riding hard.

Not a bad way to spend a few bucks getting healthy instead of your 15th AR15 that you bought for your SHTF situation when you won't be able to get your bum off the couch to defend yourself anyway.

Sorry, I'm just angry that everyone seems angry about bikes. Had a knee surgery and switched to bikes since I can't run much. Very scary when you go for a ride. lots of angry people.

Respect your local bikers, good people.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just do oral then

Ba-dum-tsssssss
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just do oral then

Ba-dum-tsssssss

Nice!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The biker was probably talking to that person, because they did something dangerous that almost hurt the biker. Every time a biker goes out for a ride, everything is trying to kill you and not one person cares about your safety.

Don't be angry, get a bike and enjoy the ride, just like when you were a kid. You might even lose a few pounds and meet some awesome people.

By the way, they wear the tights because everything else can get caught on the bike, if you are riding hard.

Not a bad way to spend a few bucks getting healthy instead of your 15th AR15 that you bought for your SHTF situation when you won't be able to get your bum off the couch to defend yourself anyway.

Sorry, I'm just angry that everyone seems angry about bikes. Had a knee surgery and switched to bikes since I can't run much. Very scary when you go for a ride. lots of angry people.

View Quote

That's why I only ride mountain bike now. Fuck road biking.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Especially me!

Really - I slow down and wait to pass until it's safe.  Just pisses me off when I'm hauling a trailer with horses and have to slow way down and wait five minutes to get by them and move on with my day.

Ride on roads with bike lanes.  Don't think that because you can, you should, ride roads that are designed for motorized vehicular traffic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Bike rider is probably going to live longer than you.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#14]
FPNI
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:05:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's because you're in my fucking way.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Bike rider is probably going to live longer than you.  
View Quote
Not if he keeps accidentally eating pavement in busy intersections.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I wish I had a dollar for every one of these anti-cyclist threads.  I could afford a better bike.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Caught this cycle douche on my dashcam the other day. http://youtu.be/CKB8jLTncxE

They want to be treated like cars but don't want to act like cars when it's inconvenient for them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#19]
It's the ass hole road rage car drivers who hate cyclists.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most cyclists I see have no respect for traffic rules (stop signs) or  Newton's third law of motion, and a severe lack of common sense.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you think that riding a 20 pound contraption at 15 miles per hour on a paved road designed for motorized vehicles that can be safely operated at velocities 4x that of yours is fucking dangerous?  Well no fucking shit!

You can have full access to roads when you start paying $.184 cents per power bar.  Until then, move along.  Roads are for commerce and there is money to be made.  Look in your little clip on rear view mirror every once in a while.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Share the road bro!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So you think that riding a 20 pound contraption at 15 miles per hour on a paved road designed for motorized vehicles that can be safely operated at velocities 4x that of yours is fucking dangerous?  Well no fucking shit!

You can have full access to roads when you start paying $.184 cents per power bar.  Until then, move along.  Roads are for commerce and there is money to be made.  Look in your little clip on rear view mirror every once in a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess what electric vehicles pay in gas taxes.  And the answer is about as much as a cyclist does.

Did you ask the cyclist if he drove a gas vehicle?  He probably does and has paid for his rite of passage on the roads

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Guess what electric vehicles pay in gas taxes.  And the answer is about as much as a cyclist does.

Did you ask the cyclist if he drove a gas vehicle?  He probably does and has paid for his rite of passage on the roads

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean he's paid for his CAR'S rite of passage, via the fees required to operate the car on public roadways.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Cool story bro.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need more laws and taxes!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:40:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Why does everyone have to always be dicks to one another?

I'm 35 now and I'm getting tired of people being so negative towards each other.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are lots of angry people because bikers can often be very unobservant of general driving courtesies. Police your own first...
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm 35 now and I'm getting tired of people being so negative towards each other.
View Quote

Oh, go to hell.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There are lots of angry people because bikers can often be very unobservant of general driving courtesies. Police your own first...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like signalling for a turn like all car drivers do?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:49:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GOT ROAD RAGE?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:51:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:51:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see about 20x the amount of bikers running stop signs than I do cars.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:54:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck local bikers. I had a green and it's one lane, no bike lane and some cocksucker on his bike cuts besides then in front of me, forcing me to have to hit my
Brakes. When things opened up  pulled up beside and thought it best to be polite this one time.

"Hey man please don't cut me off"

He then tells me fuck off.

Follow the fucking laws. Don't want to risk your life? Don't go out on a bike.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nah.

F=MA is good enough.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:05:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wish I had a dollar for every one of these anti-cyclist threads.  I could afford a better bike.

View Quote

Maybe even a car!  
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Cyclists are out there getting exercise, and perhaps they are putting less of burden on the health care system as a result.

They are also utilizing a quiet form of transportation that doesn't spew garbage into the air, which is quite considerate of them if you think about it.

Oh, and there are plenty of them who have jobs and pay their taxes, which is what we use to build the roads in the first place. Perhaps they are entitled to a bit of road space like everyone else?

Really, what is with all the hate on here? I just don't understand it. Are folks in that much of a hurry that they can't slow down for the occasional cyclist?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cyclists are out there getting exercise, and perhaps they are putting less of burden on the health care system as a result.

They are also utilizing a quiet form of transportation that doesn't spew garbage into the air, which is quite considerate of them if you think about it.

Oh, and there are plenty of them who have jobs and pay their taxes, which is what we use to build the roads in the first place. Perhaps they are entitled to a bit of road space like everyone else?

Really, what is with all the hate on here? I just don't understand it. Are folks in that much of a hurry that they can't slow down for the occasional cyclist?
View Quote

Follow the rules of the road and I have no issue. When you cut red lights and stop signs, swerve through pedestrians, and disregard the laws of the road, you have forfeited respect and consideration as you have given none.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Cool story, bro
View Quote

First post.

OP gunning for 13 status
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:41:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.

Traffic laws don't apply to bicycles. Unless it suits the bicycler's purpose, that is.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:44:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Follow the rules of the road and I have no issue. When you cut red lights and stop signs, swerve through pedestrians, and disregard the laws of the road, you have forfeited respect and consideration as you have given none.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This post nails it. Cyclists in DFW are collectively mostly DICKS. And when called out for being a douche they start acting like liberal entitlement babies. I am seriously surprised more of them are not run over.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:45:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.

That's because on a bike the concept of momentum becomes readily apparent. It requires a lot of effort to stop and start constantly. I think it's fine for bikes to roll through intersections. I just don't care. Some of you guys sure are wound tight.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:37:28 AM EDT
[#43]
You know most spandex clad cycle riders are liberals because they claim riding in the middle of a busy road is all about their "rights"
Mommy never taught them never to play in the road-
They focus on their "right" to be idiots and demand all the responsibility for their safety be placed on US.
When in fact, its not about "rights", its about speed, mass, momentum, visibility, survivability and all kinds of physics stuff.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:42:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I generally agree with all of this...

Only thing I dislike about cyclists is when packs of cyclists will ride 2-3 abreast of each other and not allow cars to pass...
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:43:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Especially me!

Really - I slow down and wait to pass until it's safe.  Just pisses me off when I'm hauling a trailer with horses and have to slow way down and wait five minutes to get by them and move on with my day.

Ride on roads with bike lanes.  Don't think that because you can, you should, ride roads that are designed for motorized vehicular traffic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially me!

Not every road has a bike lane.  Here in Eastern PA, I can't think of one road near me that has a bike lane, most don't even have decent shoulders
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:50:45 AM EDT
[#46]
I keep my cycling to sidewalks and bike trails due to shitty drivers and people like OP.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:55:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Most cyclists I see have no respect for traffic rules (stop signs) or  Newton's third law of motion, and a severe lack of common sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Saw one blow a stop sign (after weaving around the stopped cars at the sign) and hit someone crossing in the crosswalk.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:48:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You know most spandex clad cycle riders are liberals because they claim riding in the middle of a busy road is all about their "rights"
Mommy never taught them never to play in the road-
They focus on their "right" to be idiots and demand all the responsibility for their safety be placed on US.
When in fact, its not about "rights", its about speed, mass, momentum, visibility, survivability and all kinds of physics stuff.
View Quote

Grow up.

What does political affiliation have to do with anything? Cyclists who work and pay their taxes have just as much of a right to use roads for transportation as drivers do. Most of the responsibility for their safety DOES rest on the shoulders of drivers. Not all, but most. It's that physics stuff. Drivers have more speed, mass, and momentum. Added to that, their visibility is far more obstructed because they are inside a vehicle. The potential for them to kill a cyclist is very real if they aren't careful. The reverse is much less likely. So yes, much of the responsibility rests with drivers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:52:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

This guy does not speak for all Arizonans. He has this opinion likely because most of us are sick of hippie bikesters fucking up the streets and he's bitter about our horns blowing out his eardrums.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bull shit.  They are self absorbed dangerous people that create dangerous traffic conditions by not being able to keep up with motor vehicle speeds.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top