Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/29/2014 12:01:12 PM EDT
Edited to add:  I have a wonderful wife, a great life, and have never had it better.  

Wifey:  "Honey, do you want to take out the garbage?"

Me:  "I live my life for it."

Wifey:  "Don't be a smart ass."

Me:  "Please, please, please if  you want me to do something just ask like this, "Honey, would you please take out the garbage or check the mail or start a load of laundry.....you know?  I am happy to do all those things, but just ask me to do those things, and not if I want to."

Wifey:  "I think it is a woman thing.  Would you like to give me your opinion?"

Me:  "Arghhhh!  There you go again.  The prior Ms. Goldstein did the same thing after I begged her to stop.  The $20k divorce was nearly worth It just to stop hearing her do that."

Wifey:  "Point taken.  Would you like to massage my feet?"

Me:  

That's my example of estrogen poisoning or that thing that women seem to be born to do.

Would you like to give me your example?

UPDATE:  Sadly, this has already sunk to sandy panty poop storm with accusations of women-hating.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait till she hits menopause.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine and I do the same thing

Wife: Do you want to take out the garbage?

Me: No, I don't want to.  

Wife: Will you take out the garbage?

Me: I reckon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If my wife asks me : "do you want to.....?" I just respond honestly.

Ex:
Her: do you want to take out the trash?
Me: no.

Her: do you want to change the baby's diaper?
Me: no.

When she gets annoyed with me, I simply say: "you asked me if i wanted to... If you don't want to know, then don't ask. If you'd like me to do something, you should  have just said "will you please do.....?"

I've been using this strategy for the last year.  So far I haven't seen any change in the spousal unit. I will report back after another year or two of experimenting with this approach.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Did that a year ago.  

Do you know when life begins?

When the kids leave home, the dog dies, and the wifey stops ovulating.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#5]
pics of wife's feet?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
any of the rap..the kids do..if I get static, I take their Iphone or the keys to the car.......so much power can make one giddy.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
pics of wife's feet?
View Quote

She's gone ahead to a Texas high school football game so no picture.  However, they are small with pink toenails.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#9]
They all have horns. Well, except our mothers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Me: "I really want to finish clearing out the underbrush in the woods before summer's over"

Her: "Here's this huge list of handyman projects I want you to get done this summer."

Me: "Okay, I will do those. Since we have a newborn son that I have to help you with, it will probably take most of the summer to get those done."

(near end of summer) Her: "I thought you wanted to get that brush cleared before the end of summer?"
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#11]
It's never, "honey, would you like a bj and a sandwich?" Is it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife frequently asks "would you mind..." when asking me to do some task.  

I don't let it bother me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wifey:  "Point taken.  Would you like to massage my feet?"

Me:  

That's my example of estrogen poisoning or that thing that women seem to be born to do.

Would you like to give me your example?
View Quote

Just last night:

Wife:  "You could rub my feet...."

Me: Yep. *click* South Carolina is getting embarrassed..."

Wife:  

Me:
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Do they ever say, would you mind having sex right now?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reverse heterocage is what it is.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine says "can you?".
I always say "yes" .

Later she akes me if I did and I say you never asked me too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

She's gone ahead to a Texas high school football game so no picture.  However, they are small with pink toenails.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pics of wife's feet?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#19]
fucking everything
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#20]
If my wife needs me to do a task, she will just ask.  "Can you take out the trash" ..... the kicker is, she usually will back up to me and/or rub up on me while batting her eyes while asking.  She knows I can't say no when she does that shit
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I am constantly amused when the wife says "We should do this..We should do that as in paint the deck, build a garage, etc etc.
I always tell her  "Where do you get this" We" shit?"
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine, "I thought you were going to,,,"
Me, "Now what do you think?"
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am constantly amused when the wife says "We should do this..We should do that as in paint the deck, build a garage, etc etc.
View Quote

mouse in the pocket syndrome
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Mine would be me going up the stairs, through the bedroom, into the bathroom. Wife laying in bed watching tv. After 10 minutes spent on the throne, walk out of the bathroom, through the bedroom, and get half way down the stairs and hear, " babe! ".  Oh now you need something!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#25]
You should turn it around on them.

"Would you like to give me a BJ right now?"
…something tells me that isn't going to work.

Seriously though, my wife does the "Would you like to…" thing and it drives me up the wall.  But eventually I've learned to just go with it, because she isn't going to change.

Quoted:
View Quote

My wife does the same thing.  She has this huge list of things she wants done around the house (including stuff like "repaint the entire house", "completely re-do the yard"), etc.  Guess who ends up doing 95% of the work?

Quoted:
Mine would be me going up the stairs, through the bedroom, into the bathroom. Wife laying in bed watching tv. After 10 minutes spent on the throne, walk out of the bathroom, through the bedroom, and get half way down the stairs and hear, " babe! ".  Oh now you need something!
<a href="http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/bigdunn65/media/Mobile%20Uploads/04614A4F-612E-478A-AA4D-521A9D1F9543_zpsht7kj79a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s639/bigdunn65/Mobile%20Uploads/04614A4F-612E-478A-AA4D-521A9D1F9543_zpsht7kj79a.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sounds familiar.

….and yet, I still love her.  I'm sure I do something that absolutely annoy the shit out of her, too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Another one:

Wifey:  "Something...something...murmur....and this....do you want to....something."

Me (who is not in the room or the doorway or actually close) walking toward her:  "I'm sorry.  I couldn't hear you because I was at the other end of the house."

Wifey (who doesn't pick up on the subtle hint that I can't hear through walls):  "Do we want to blah blah blah?"

Me (inside of head going off like Tannerite on a hot Texas day):  "Sure."  (I don't even try to explain that it would be nice for her to go find me first.)
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Me: where do you want to eat?

her: where ever ...

me: seafood

her:  no

me: chinese

her: no

me: thai

me: walk into kitchen put some lunch meat on bread sit in living room and chomp down

her: what the heck ... i thought we were eating out

me: give me a beer

her: fuck you get your own
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#28]
my response usually is "are your arms and legs broken?"  

she hates it when i say that.  lol
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oh. My. God.
View All Quotes

"I don't care...but not there..."
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

me: walk into kitchen put some lunch meat on bread sit in living room and chomp down

View Quote

This has played out in my house more than once.
It's like there is one thing they want. But they don't want to say what they want. But they want to play 20 god damn questions to get you to say what they want.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, fucking yes!
Glad I'm not the only one......
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#33]
It drives me nuts when she asks me, when I just need her to tell me.  But if I already don't know, then she won't tell me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

A video link my brother recently sent to me:

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Another one:

Wifey:  "Something...something...murmur....and this....do you want to....something."

Me (who is not in the room or the doorway or actually close) walking toward her:  "I'm sorry.  I couldn't hear you because I was at the other end of the house."

Wifey (who doesn't pick up on the subtle hint that I can't hear through walls):  "Do we want to blah blah blah?"

Me (inside of head going off like Tannerite on a hot Texas day):  "Sure."  (I don't even try to explain that it would be nice for her to go find me first.)
View Quote

Somehow she can call out to me from the opposite side of the house, usually 1 floor down, and I can hear her.

I'll respond, and she won't hear me.  And then she gets mad because she assumes I'm ignoring her.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#36]
If this is the stickiest thing in your relationships, I'm guessing ya'll are alright!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If this is the stickiest thing in your relatships, I'm guessing ya'll are alright!
View Quote

Which is why I don't let it bother me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit. It gets way worse when they start menopause.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Me:  "Arghhhh!  There you go again.  The prior Ms. Goldstein did the same thing after I begged her to stop.  The $20k divorce was nearly worth It just to stop hearing her do that."

View Quote

WTF is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Somehow she can call out to me from the opposite side of the house, usually 1 floor down, and I can hear her.

I'll respond, and she won't hear me.  And then she gets mad because she assumes I'm ignoring her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Another one:

Or worse. You speak up so she can hear you, and you get a "why are you yelling at me!"

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#41]
SWEET HOLY MOTHER OF GOD--I  truly thought I was the only man on the planet with Wife that talks like this! My favorites include "wanting" to get together with her batshit-crazy mother or friends.

Her: Do you want to get together with......? fill in the blank with some batshit-crazy person(s)

Me: I don't "want to" but will if that's what you want.

Her: Well, I WANT you to WANT to do it, not because you have to....

Me:

I think estrogen makes them do it--or maybe it's just a means of making us crazy--like their pheromones & boobies.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If this is the stickiest thing in your relationships, I'm guessing ya'll are alright!
View Quote

Oh, don't let that get in the way of a good "Let's Bitch About Women" thread.

I swear sometimes y'all are worse than a crowd of old biddies at a sewing circle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine uses the word "Maybe" for everything. FFS its a yes or no question
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Wife:"Whaddya want to do this weekend?

Me:"Nothing."

Wife, bit later: "Okay, we have dinner with the Johnsons at 6, tomorrow we need to go to the movies with the Smiths, tomorrow night you're taking me to dinner, sunday we need to go to the store and visit your parents, and then the Russells are coming over for dinner..."

Me: "That's a whole lot of nothing...."
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Mine always asks "can I ask you something" before asks the question she wants.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wife:"Whaddya want to do this weekend?

Me:"Nothing."

Wife, bit later: "Okay, we have dinner with the Johnsons at 6, tomorrow we need to go to the movies with the Smiths, tomorrow night you're taking me to dinner, sunday we need to go to the store and visit your parents, and then the Russells are coming over for dinner..."

Me: "That's a whole lot of nothing...."
View Quote

She obviously took it to mean you had nothing that you wanted to do so she was free to put things on the schedule.  

Perhaps if you'd have said, "I don't want to go anywhere, see anyone or do anything at all but relax and scratch and my balls" she'd have known what you meant.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#47]
My wife:  "do you need my help to..."  Or "let's ...", followed by it being just me doing the task.

And no matter how many times I tell her that it bugs the piss out of me when she phrases things that way, she keeps on doing it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#48]
This having to "like" something is insidious.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Mine always asks "can I ask you something" before asks the question she wants.
View Quote
Correct reply is "As long as it's what I want on my sammich...sure"

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Most recently:

"Can you change the baby's diaper?"

"I'm cooking your dinner right now."

"But it needs to be changed."

"Okay watch this so it doesn't burn."

Five minutes later.

"I dinner ready yet?"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top