Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
This show worth watching?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was one of the people who was working and DVR'ed the finale, I about chucked my DVR out the damn window when the screen went blank. Much like Kid Rock, I went on a wild cursing spree when I found out the switch the black ending was not a DVR failure.

As for the intended ending, I doubt care if James Gandolfini was still alive and making a movie, I would not pay to see it.

PS fuck all the people involved in tv series lately who decided to have artist or shocking endings to series.
View Quote

I went crazy screaming at my wife. I just asked her if she remembered what happened when we were watching the finale yea you fucking screamed at me you asshole.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
At least they didn't do a pussy fairytale ending like NYPD Blue.

Sipowicz should have hit the sauce again in a final scene.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
It doesn't really matter.   If Tony died then it fulfilled the brilliant foreshadowing of the last season.  

If he didn't die in the diner, he would likely get whacked anyway later, and would always be looking over his shoulder.  The imminent doom of being a mob boss was the point of the entire show viewed from Tony's rather frail psyche.

Tony was a failed boss and NOTHING was going to change that.  He was his own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I never watched the series, but this article makes a convincing case that he is dead. Sounds like bullshit retconning to me, similar to Rowlings "Oh yeah, Dumbledore was totally gay" bullshit.

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/
View Quote

The blog does a very good job of explaining the (largely unconscious) logic underpinning point-of-view/point-of-narration using descriptions of the shots and what each shot accomplishes.  Great analysis of exactly WHY even a casual viewer senses foreshadowing/foreboding.

Looking over that blog, I totally mis-recollected the clothing worn by the shooter.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

they were dead the whole time, it was earth etc  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Another series where the writers didn't know how to end it

It was all a dream.....
they were dead the whole time, it was earth etc  
Lost was a waste of time.

...and thanks for nothing Ronald D. Moore  
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit.  I've never watched a single episode of the Sopranos.  Just out of curiosity I went and watched the final scene on youtube.  Last 5 minutes or so.

That ending pissed me the fuck off and I've got no time invested in watching the show.  It cuts to black right as that female (I'm assuming Tony's daughter) opens the door?  I thought the video cut out for a second.  

I will say the only thing that makes sense in that situation is something "big" happened right after it cut to black.  The only thing that I can think of would be that dude coming out of the bathroom whacking Tony.  The bathroom was at a perfect 90 degree angle to where he was sitting and his attention was drawn to the door.  He would have never seen someone coming out of the bathroom with a weapon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Holy shit.  I've never watched a single episode of the Sopranos.  Just out of curiosity I went and watched the final scene on youtube.  Last 5 minutes or so.

That ending pissed me the fuck off and I've got no time invested in watching the show.  It cuts to black right as that female (I'm assuming Tony's daughter) opens the door?  I thought the video cut out for a second.  

I will say the only thing that makes sense in that situation is something "big" happened right after it cut to black.  The only thing that I can think of would be that dude coming out of the bathroom whacking Tony.  The bathroom was at a perfect 90 degree angle to where he was sitting and his attention was drawn to the door.  He would have never seen someone coming out of the bathroom with a weapon.
View Quote
At the time I was pissed but in hindsight it was better than watching the show go to shit with a rushed ending that made no sense.

Like Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Carinvale, Deadwood, Boss, Brotherhood, etc

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another series where the writers didn't know how to end it
View Quote

Just the opposite. That it's still talked about shows they are among the few writers to get it right.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never watched the show, but if you read the article I posted it seems pretty clear that's what happened.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top