BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 59
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't be mean.  Give her one more chance at game five.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife just said cheering for the Ducks sounds "painful and forced"

But they need to wrap this up

It was a pretty rowdy crowd tonight. I didn't watch the coverage on TV, so don't know what they showed there. It was probably 90/10 Ducks to hawks fans in attendance, and neither was very loud during one tense overtime period after another. Like, we'd have a good shift and get loud, then they'd take off the other way and you'd suck in air, and hope they didn't score. It was a heart pounding game.

On a personal note, I blame myself for the loss. I was looking for a single ticket to take my youngest son, who play's and loves hockey. My youngest daughter threw a sobbing, melt down that it wasn't "fair" that she couldn't go, and demanded that "SHE WASN'T BAD LUCK!" (Even though every game this year she has attended, the Ducks lost, and we didn't lose that many...)

I relented, and took her tonight. She won't be returning this year.

That's hardcore.  

eta: I wish this was a best of 15. What a great series.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]
That was bullshit.

The rule is very clear:

78.5 Disallowed Goals – Apparent goals shall be disallowed by the
Referee and the appropriate announcement made by the Public
Address Announcer for the following reasons:
(i) When the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an
attacking player other than with a stick. Or he can poke it in with his melon.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't know any of their names, but any time there is NBC national coverage, it seems like the commentators speak Hockey as a second language.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm watching the replay on NBC right now, and the coverage makes it seem much quieter then it was. I think the commentators are WAY up in the booth, possibly behind glass.

I can never hear Albert or Micheletti well.

Engblom? The guy never shuts up, I wish he would choke on a puck. Thankfully Doc, Eddie, and Pierre are calling games 3 and 4.

I don't know any of their names, but any time there is NBC national coverage, it seems like the commentators speak Hockey as a second language.

Doc and Eddie Olczyk are good. A lot of people call Eddie a homer when calling Hawks games for NBC, but he's fair. Pierre is Pierre, but still 10 x better than Engblom between the glass.

Five kids? Bless you
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That was bullshit.

The rule is very clear:

View Quote

I was in the second row, on the exact opposite side of the rink on that goal.I had NO idea what had happened, and thought it was a goal. I laughed when I saw the replay on the jumbo! That kid has a future is soccer!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife just said cheering for the Ducks sounds "painful and forced"

But they need to wrap this up

It was a pretty rowdy crowd tonight. I didn't watch the coverage on TV, so don't know what they showed there. It was probably 90/10 Ducks to hawks fans in attendance, and neither was very loud during one tense overtime period after another. Like, we'd have a good shift and get loud, then they'd take off the other way and you'd suck in air, and hope they didn't score. It was a heart pounding game.

On a personal note, I blame myself for the loss. I was looking for a single ticket to take my youngest son, who play's and loves hockey. My youngest daughter threw a sobbing, melt down that it wasn't "fair" that she couldn't go, and demanded that "SHE WASN'T BAD LUCK!" (Even though every game this year she has attended, the Ducks lost, and we didn't lose that many...)

I relented, and took her tonight. She won't be returning this year.

That's hardcore.  

Both teams are built for the playoffs.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Doc and Eddie Olczyk are good. A lot of people call Eddie a homer when calling Hawks games for NBC, but he's fair. Pierre is Pierre, but still 10 x better than Engblom between the glass.

Five kids? Bless you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm watching the replay on NBC right now, and the coverage makes it seem much quieter then it was. I think the commentators are WAY up in the booth, possibly behind glass.

Engblom? The guy never shuts up, I wish he would choke on a puck. Thankfully Doc, Eddie, and Pierre are calling games 3 and 4.

Five kids? Bless you

Six. Two went with me, four didn't
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Both teams are built for the playoffs.

This really is the Stanley cup round. Much respect to the Hawks. It's not going to be easy for either team.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm watching the replay, that 5 on 3 was complete bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was in the second row, on the exact opposite side of the rink on that goal.I had NO idea what had happened, and thought it was a goal. I laughed when I saw the replay on the jumbo! That kid has a future is soccer!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was bullshit.

The rule is very clear:

That was hilarious.

Great game! Almost two full games ......... you got your money's worth, eh? (except for that less than desirable ending of course)

So many good OT chances for both teams. I was shocked some of those shots by the Ducks didn't go in.

Great hockey.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#10]
The Chi player that I would call as MVP tonight would be Odoula. (sp)

GOWD he was a shut down monster. Kind of pissed me off!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I stayed up for the 1st OT and went to bed about 2 min into the 2nd OT.

Just too tired, was up since 5am, got home from work for the 3rd. I crashed hard.

I wanted too stay up, didn't have it in me. The Ducks had what, 2-3 posts? I figured Chicago would end up winning it...just didn't know how. None of the goalies looked like they were going to allow clean shots in.

ETA: It was nice to see Kruger get the game winner after Stoners cheap shot hit from behind.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I stayed up for the 1st OT and went to bed about 2 min into the 2nd OT.

Just too tired, was up since 5am, got home from work for the 3rd. I crashed hard.

I wanted too stay up, didn't have it in me. The Ducks had what, 2-3 posts? I figured Chicago would end up winning it...just didn't know how. None of the goalies looked like they were going to allow clean shots in.

View Quote

My two 5th graders were at the game until 11:30, and home around midnight. Neither did their homework. I'm going to be in trouble today!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My ass is dragging today but I just could not turn that game off.

The head butt goal was hilarious!  I've never sent that happen before.  Leave it to Shaw to be the one to try it!
View Quote

I think any player in the same situation would have tried it.

Puck sitting there in front of your helmet and an open net in front. Almost instinctive ......... impossible to resist in that fraction of a second.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Babcock to the leafs

ETA 8 years $50 Million

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Babcock to the leafs

ETA 8 years $50 Million

View Quote

Dammit!!!

No Babcock

No McLellan

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Babcock to the leafs

ETA 8 years $50 Million

View Quote

Know what? We'll be alright. Babs was the man as far as I'm concerned, but the guys started tuning him out.

I'm not going to be one of those angry, snipey Wings fans and be all hurt because he chose another team. It happens. I'll root for Babs wherever he coaches* because I think he's a cool guy. He gave us ten really solid years, one more Stanley Cup I didn't expect (honestly after the first one I witnessed in 97 I didn't expect more, they were just really nice additions), and did us well.

All the best, Mike. Thanks for the memories.

*Except when his team is playing against the Wings.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I never expected Babcock would end up with the Maple Leafs.
View Quote

Yeah this one is surprising.  Obviously, $$$, but still.  That fan base doesn't deserve someone like Babcock.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Know what? We'll be alright. Babs was the man as far as I'm concerned, but the guys started tuning him out.

I'm not going to be one of those angry, snipey Wings fans and be all hurt because he chose another team. It happens. I'll root for Babs wherever he coaches* because I think he's a cool guy. He gave us ten really solid years, one more Stanley Cup I didn't expect (honestly after the first one I witnessed in 97 I didn't expect more, they were just really nice additions), and did us well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Babcock to the leafs

ETA 8 years $50 Million

your sentiments echo mine, I was just very disappointed at the news, and also I was at work so it was a quick post.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah this one is surprising.  Obviously, $$$, but still.  That fan base doesn't deserve someone like Babcock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope he got a big chunk of that cash up front because Toronto is not going to be as charitable and kind as the Detroit media and fanbase was... he may not spend all of those years employed the Leafs if they don't become competitive ricky-tick.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Tyler Johnson has a goal tonight.

15 goals I think now in the playoffs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got to agree with that. Toronto fans are Maple Loaf fans and not necessarily hockey fans.

Born, raised and lived in the Toronto area most of my life and have never been a Loaf fan for 1 minute.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Tyler Johnson has a goal tonight.

15 goals I think now in the playoffs.
View Quote

And at lease one assist. I wasn't watching super close when that last score happened, but did he have an assist on that one, too? Box score says Kucherov and Nesterov, but I saw him right there. Is the box score wrong?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Air Canada center is always a sellout but lots of people don't show up unless a top tier team is the Loafs opponent. Leafs are by far the wealthiest team in the NHL and ticket prices and concessions reflect that.

The team is a money making machine and successive ownership groups know they don't have to put a winning team out there and the money still rolls in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Babcock to the leafs

ETA 8 years $50 Million

Agreed. The wings already have their next coach in GR, and he's gonna be a good one. The wings will be fine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Another awesome game.

I love the playoffs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#31]
ha no marathon tonight!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm going to miss the first half of the game tomorrow. (work)

I'll try to watch the second half with you guys.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:05:02 AM EDT
[#33]
oh and Babcock, and all the drama, I remember his speaking of his wife not being happy.

We'll she's happy now!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ETA I wish him luck with that load of Kessel, Lupul who counts on one hand his non injured days, and the rest of the bench that has no heart. Just showing up for a paycheck.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Good game by the Lightning.

That could be a fun final of TBL and the Ducks
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Air Canada center is always a sellout but lots of people don't show up unless a top tier team is the Loafs opponent. Leafs are by far the wealthiest team in the NHL and ticket prices and concessions reflect that.

The team is a money making machine and successive ownership groups know they don't have to put a winning team out there and the money still rolls in.
View Quote

Sounds like the Redskins under Dan Snyder.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
oh and Babcock, and all the drama, I remember his speaking of his wife not being happy.

We'll she's happy now!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ETA I wish him luck with that load of Kessel, Lupul who counts on one hand his non injured days, and the rest of the bench that has no heart. Just showing up for a paycheck.
View Quote

That's gonna end. Babs will suffer no floaters.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Ducks up
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I heard Tyler Johnson scored a goal tonight, just out of habit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:54:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Love or hate an opposing player, should this ever be said on national television, by NBC employees about a man?

Asked Wednesday how he would stop Perry, Milbury said, “If I were playing against him, I would want to hurt him in a painful and permanent way.” Milbury, a former NHL player, coach and general manager.

It's just the Ducks, so I guess this is acceptable. Painful and Permanent...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Love or hate an opposing player, should this ever be said on national television, by NBC employees about a man?

Asked Wednesday how he would stop Perry, Milbury said, “If I were playing against him, I would want to hurt him in a painful and permanent way.” Milbury, a former NHL player, coach and general manager.

View Quote

I also heard Milbury repeat that at least twice and thought  , what an ass this guy is.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#41]
As little as I like Perry, that was beyond the pale. Milbury comes off to me as a Grapes-wannabe and fails even at that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Milbury was only worse at being a Gm from being a broadcaster.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was fucked up, especially coming from a former player.

" ........... and I think most of the league feels the same way".

No Mike, I bet they don't.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who beat a spectator with a shoe at a game.
And fought some parent at a kids hockey game (although charges were dropped).
Milbury was a wanna be goon that unfortunately took that attitude with him to retirement.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Go Ducks.  

It's good to see Despres doing well.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:51:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Five kids? Bless you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Five kids? Bless you

I'm guessing none of you have ever been forced to watch your team play against the Panthers, with Denis Potvin commentating.....
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm guessing none of you have ever been forced to watch your team play against the Panthers, with Denis Potvin commentating.....
View Quote

Nope, regular season games are 90% Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk. Post-season games called by Alberts, Michlleti, and Engblom get muted, and I sync WGN radio with the broadcast.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#49]
John Forslund is the best PBP guy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
John Forslund is the best PBP guy.
View Quote

He's gotten better, but when the Canes first moved here he and his partner were the WORST.  Damn near all the crap they complained about were good hockey plays that they just did not understand.

Simple things, too, like offsides.
Page / 59
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top