Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

I work at a community college that has a pre-med series. I asked one of the teachers about anesthesia and she answered that it's a science in which you almost kill the patient, but not quite.  There is no all-purpose anesthesia available that will incapacitate a 300 pound weightlifter as well as it does a 100-pound PCP junkie.

The time required to make the decision to shoot/not shoot is usually in the one to two second range IIRC. Tell the coworker about the Tueller drill. It's also known as the 21-foot rule:  if you don't have your hand on your unsnapped pistol, a bad guy can cross a 21-foot space and damage or even kill you without a handgun.

Mythbusters Tueller drill
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell them that the amount of dugs needed to drop someone is seconds, is also enough to likely kill someone. Real life aint the movies.

This.

I work at a community college that has a pre-med series. I asked one of the teachers about anesthesia and she answered that it's a science in which you almost kill the patient, but not quite.  There is no all-purpose anesthesia available that will incapacitate a 300 pound weightlifter as well as it does a 100-pound PCP junkie.

The time required to make the decision to shoot/not shoot is usually in the one to two second range IIRC. Tell the coworker about the Tueller drill. It's also known as the 21-foot rule:  if you don't have your hand on your unsnapped pistol, a bad guy can cross a 21-foot space and damage or even kill you without a handgun.

Mythbusters Tueller drill

There's a big difference between anesthesia and sedation.

Either way, nobody is going down in seconds from darted sedatives.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I need some low grade beaver tranquilizers.......
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top