BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:34:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First, when I used the word "balanced", clearly, I was referring to Romberg's post not the linked article.

Second, I never defended the numbers in the article, all I said about them was that they were DOD's numbers, not Calvert's.

Third, I like you, Larry, but you obviously have no idea what that number represents, and I don't feel like being bothered to educate you.  Read the article closely for meaning, rather than looking for a man-hating, feminist hiding under every bed.  Use your good sense, Google, and Wiki to learn how that number was derived and, if you want, we can discuss it.  In the meantime, take your condescending tone and get the fuck out of my face.  Cheri.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some dudes are rapey.  You can't unmake that.  All you can do is make wimmenz less rapable and stomp the shit out of rapey types when you find em.  This article is am attempt to smear every swinging fick in the Army as a rapist.  It is a sexist, shameful hack job.

I thought this was a pretty balanced view down the bolded.  I read thru the article three times and didn't see that part.  How about helping a sister out?

C'mon Jane.  26,000 rapes just in the military in one year.

Sounds kinda agenda driven.

First, when I used the word "balanced", clearly, I was referring to Romberg's post not the linked article.

Second, I never defended the numbers in the article, all I said about them was that they were DOD's numbers, not Calvert's.

Third, I like you, Larry, but you obviously have no idea what that number represents, and I don't feel like being bothered to educate you.  Read the article closely for meaning, rather than looking for a man-hating, feminist hiding under every bed.  Use your good sense, Google, and Wiki to learn how that number was derived and, if you want, we can discuss it.  In the meantime, take your condescending tone and get the fuck out of my face.  Cheri.

Clearly, that was not clear.  Obviously, if it was clear, then clearly everyone would have understood what you intended your statement to mean.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some dudes are rapey.  You can't unmake that.  All you can do is make wimmenz less rapable and stomp the shit out of rapey types when you find em.  This article is am attempt to smear every swinging fick in the Army as a rapist.  It is a sexist, shameful hack job.

I thought this was a pretty balanced view down the bolded.  I read thru the article three times and didn't see that part.  How about helping a sister out?

Why do you always think you've "won" these types of threads (.mil abuse stuff) when your entire experience with the topic is always second and third hand at best, and argue with the perspectives given by people who have been in the middle of it all for years and decades and have seen the issues and the culture first-hand?

Just curious. I'd never argue with a mechanic about Ford recalls since all I'd have is personal thoughts based off of what I've heard from the t.v. news or online.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why do you always think you've "won" these types of threads (.mil abuse stuff) when your entire experience with the topic is always second and third hand at best, and argue with the perspectives given by people who have been in the middle of it all for years and decades and have seen the issues and the culture first-hand?

Just curious. I'd never argue with a mechanic about Ford recalls since all I'd have is personal thoughts based off of what I've heard from the t.v. news or online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made no argument based on my experience.  If you believe differently, please highlight that portion of my post.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think you lost your point somewhere.

Animals don't have the laws or moral constructs we do, so talking about them "raping" is absurd.

I don't think anyone has done any studies by putting grandma and Kate Beckinsale in "the hood", so you're pretty much talking out of your ass with that one too.
View Quote

Feel free to cite this "settled science" you are relying upon.  A male chimp will get a female chimp away from the pack and give her involuntary sex, and she will make her displeasure known.  That is an important clue as to the evolutionary origins of rape.  And if it is evolutionary, it will be tied to reproduction.  An attractive female is attractive because she shows signs of desirability for reproduction.  Hence, you would expect that rape would be a greater risk for more attractive females.  

Statistically, this is what you see.  Rape victims are much more likely to be in their fertile years, and especially their peak fertile years.  Check out the graph on page 3.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Clearly, that was not clear.  Obviously, if it was clear, then clearly everyone would have understood what you intended your statement to mean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was clear to anyone with six grade reading comprehension who actually read what I posted rather than reading into it what they chose, which group apparently does not include you.  Actually, you went the extra mile by taking my post out of context so you could deliberately misrepresent it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

LOL...your ignorance is glaring.

Let's say that the military statistics stand to criticism.  It would only fuel the probability that your daughter will get assaulted in a college dorm room.  You really think this is a military problem?  It is not.  I would argue your daughter has a greater chance of being assaulted in a less disciplined group of peers, especially in the party culture of young college students.  I doubt she would have same resources to turn to that a military female has.

Here you go, read something.
http://www.oneinfourusa.org/statistics.php

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Annnnnnnd this is why I made my daughter turn down 60K in scholarship to join the Navy.
I would hate to have to kill someone for putting their hands on my daughter.

LOL...your ignorance is glaring.

Let's say that the military statistics stand to criticism.  It would only fuel the probability that your daughter will get assaulted in a college dorm room.  You really think this is a military problem?  It is not.  I would argue your daughter has a greater chance of being assaulted in a less disciplined group of peers, especially in the party culture of young college students.  I doubt she would have same resources to turn to that a military female has.

Here you go, read something.
http://www.oneinfourusa.org/statistics.php

You can't argue with emotion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Feel free to cite this "settled science" you are relying upon.  A male chimp will get a female chimp away from the pack and give her involuntary sex, and she will make her displeasure known.  That is an important clue as to the evolutionary origins of rape.  And if it is evolutionary, it will be tied to reproduction.  An attractive female is attractive because she shows signs of desirability for reproduction.  Hence, you would expect that rape would be a greater risk for more attractive females.  

Statistically, this is what you see.  Rape victims are much more likely to be in their fertile years, and especially their peak fertile years.  Check out the graph on page 3.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/apvsvc.pdf

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Animals don't have the laws or moral constructs we do, so talking about them "raping" is absurd.

I don't think anyone has done any studies by putting grandma and Kate Beckinsale in "the hood", so you're pretty much talking out of your ass with that one too.

No one cares what chimpanzees do. It's completely irrelevant in a discussion of human sexuality.

Whether more rape victims are fertile or not is also not relevant to the discussion as there are a whole host of possible explanations for that.

Your google works as well as mine does, if you really want to find out why people rape. It's not about sex. I'm getting on a 14 hour flight, so it's unlikely I'll find time to continue this completely unproductive discussion with you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What is 4 + 2?

More than 5?

So a quote tree  with 4 quotes and a quote tree with  2 quotes in teh same post would mean there would be how many quote blocks in said post?  Is that number more than 5?

It is simple math.

Like I have said twice before,

I guess ignorance really is bliss...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still lying.  

Here's my post to HRomberg:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you'd not edited out HRomberg's post, you would have quoted two posts.  The limit is five. There was no reason to edit out the other guy's post other than to misrepresent what I posted.  You really are making yourself look like shit.  Just stop.

What is 4 + 2?

More than 5?

So a quote tree  with 4 quotes and a quote tree with  2 quotes in teh same post would mean there would be how many quote blocks in said post?  Is that number more than 5?

It is simple math.

Quoted:

Edited out because of quote blocks.  If you saw the original post you would have understood.

Thanks for the accusation through.

Still lying.

You would have needed to quote only two posts to quote me in context, Romberg's and mine, those were the only posts in my exchange with him.  1 + 1 = 2,  2 < 5.  EOS.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Good grief, Jane. Lots of people get warning IMs about purse swinging for less than what you seem to do to every thread. It doesn't always have to be about you. Get a grip and relax. It's the internet.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No one cares what chimpanzees do. It's completely irrelevant in a discussion of human sexuality.

Whether more rape victims are fertile or not is also not relevant to the discussion as there are a whole host of possible explanations for that.

Your google works as well as mine does, if you really want to find out why people rape. It's not about sex. I'm getting on a 14 hour flight, so it's unlikely I'll find time to continue this completely unproductive discussion with you.
View Quote

You sound like the global warming fanatics.  You claim your position is settled science, cite not data in support, and dismiss contrary science without evidence or argument.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good grief, Jane. Lots of people get warning IMs about purse swinging for less than what you seem to do to every thread. It doesn't always have to be about you. Get a grip and relax. It's the internet.
View Quote

Who chose to initiate this exchange between you and me?  Hint: it wasn't me.

The quote of me making an argument in this thread about ".mil abuse stuff" based on my experience, where is it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

To further the "All men are rapists" mantra

To further the " the military creates monsters " mantra

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not that the reporter has an agenda or anything

What is her agenda other than the subject of the article?  

To further the "All men are rapists" mantra

To further the " the military creates monsters " mantra

This would be my thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So the fact that they were raped by their brothers-in-arms didn't bother you as much as that this seemed to reflect poorly on the  Armed Forces?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some women get raped or sexually assaulted.  Some of them are in the Armed Forces.  Calvert took pictures of some of the latter and provided a sentence or two about them.  You are offended by this.  Why?

I'm offended by how she chose which stories to tell, the way she made them look pathetic and seemed to strip them of their status as injured veterans in doing so.  I got offended more though, by the way she seemed to be indicting the military as a vast undisciplined reservoir of rape rather than a band of brothers and sisters that has a few bad eggs in need of breaking.

So the fact that they were raped by their brothers-in-arms didn't bother you as much as that this seemed to reflect poorly on the  Armed Forces?  

No comparison.  My disgust for and rage at the rapists in uniform is inexpressible.   Hanging drawing and quartering is too good for those wastes of flesh, but that's not what I'm discussing here.  I'm discussing the way the author turned injured vets into fodder for a  progressive social agenda and in so doing cheapened them and attacked all the good people in uniform as well.  Again, subtext, but it comes through clear as day.

Somehow I suspect we aren't gonna agree on this because we take significantly different things from the article.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You sound like the global warming fanatics.  You claim your position is settled science, cite not data in support, and dismiss contrary science without evidence or argument.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go study.

You're the global warming fanatic. I simply choose not to try to cut and paste citations on my iphone as I'm standing in line to board an international flight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Jesus...  Don't let actual stats get in the way of a good argument.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#16]
If you have authority over a person - that can be viewed as coercion. Consent is impossible if the subject is coerced.  Th at can really inflate numbers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No comparison.  My disgust for and rage at the rapists in uniform is inexpressible.   Hanging drawing and quartering is too good for those wastes of flesh, but that's not what I'm discussing here.  I'm discussing the way the author turned injured vets into fodder for a  progressive social agenda and in so doing cheapened them and attacked all the good people in uniform as well.  Again, subtext, but it comes through clear as day.

Somehow I suspect we aren't gonna agree on this because we take significantly different things from the article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some women get raped or sexually assaulted.  Some of them are in the Armed Forces.  Calvert took pictures of some of the latter and provided a sentence or two about them.  You are offended by this.  Why?

I'm offended by how she chose which stories to tell, the way she made them look pathetic and seemed to strip them of their status as injured veterans in doing so.  I got offended more though, by the way she seemed to be indicting the military as a vast undisciplined reservoir of rape rather than a band of brothers and sisters that has a few bad eggs in need of breaking.

I don't know, guy, I'm in line to vote anti-democrat every time the polls open,  but I'm not seeing this as an effort to advance a progressive social agenda, I'm honestly not.

First, before she went freelance, Calvert worked for the Times - Washington, not New York - not exactly a haven for progressives.  She did, in fact, leave, but still...

Second, she specializes in issues involving children and women, she's done stories all over the world on the topic.  It's not like she set out to attack the American Armed Forces and simply chose sexual violence toward women as her weapon of choice.  In other words, women and children are her priority, not smearing the Armed Forces.

Third, certainly she didn't portray the attackers of the women whose stories she told in a positive light, but I didn't see any real effort to portray those men as representative of all men in the Armed Forces or men in general.  Loving the dick as I do, I'm pretty sensitive to that "all PIV is rape" bullshit, and I didn't see it here.

Fourth, while I didn't see any effort to smear the rank and file male Armed Forces member, she did seem to have chosen cases in which the (alleged) victims' chain - at least, at the base/post level and below - preferred to sweep the issue under the carpet than actively pursue it.  To the extent that she has an agenda, that, in my opinion, is it - she has a case of the ass for command rather than the troops.  Beyond saying that, in my opinion, many large organizations seem to have a "blinkered, don't rock the boat" mentality, I have no opinion on whether she may, or may not, have a point.

Fifth and purely tangentially, I can say from personal experience, that, while SomeMen here are evangelical about their belief that all woman are crazy, lying cheating whores, golddiggers, etc,  anything that can possibly be construed as impugning the honor, in the sexual sense, of men as a group will cause them to screw themselves into the overhead.

All that said, I'd have preferred that she properly qualified that 26,000 number and had chosen to focus her attention on the college/university environment where I believe the problems are at least as bad, if not worse.

This is what I saw.  You may feel differently as is your right. <shrug>

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Still lying.

You would have needed to quote only two posts to quote me in context, Romberg's and mine, those were the only posts in my exchange with him.  1 + 1 = 2,  2 < 5.  EOS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is 4 + 2?

More than 5?

It is simple math.

Quoted:

Edited out because of quote blocks.  If you saw the original post you would have understood.

Thanks for the accusation through.

Still lying.

Are you ever going to admit that hey, just maybe you are wrong?  You STILL don't even know what was in the original post!  If you do, post it!

I had your quote tree and an entirely different quote tree in one post before I had to reduce the number of quotes, posted, then read it and said "well dang, that doesn't sound nice" and removed the other one and my reply to it.

I appreciate your concern for my character.  In your assault on my character, you have shown the entire forum your own character.  You have shown that no matter how far from the truth you might be, even after politely being told you don't know what my post was originally AND having the contents of said post explained to you, you will relentlessly continue to call someone out, try to belittle them and slander them no matter what.  The truth does not matter to you.  Only emotion matters to you.

I will not explain it any more.  It is apparent that no matter how many different ways I explain the original post, you will rely on emotion and not logic to assess the situation.

Have a good one Cheri.  I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, or belittling campaigns.  Which ever.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm in late enough to not start mud slinging. I'll try to be on the first rape train next thread.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are you ever going to admit that hey, just maybe you are wrong?  You STILL don't even know what was in the original post!  If you do, post it!

I had your quote tree and an entirely different quote tree in one post before I had to reduce the number of quotes, posted, then read it and said "well dang, that doesn't sound nice" and removed the other one and my reply to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you ever going to stop lying?  Two things:

First, if, as you pretend, there were a total of six quote blocks in your original text, you assuredly didn't post it, read it, and decide to edit four out.  The system won't allow you to even Preview a post with six quote blocks, much less Submit it.  

Second, if, as you pretend, there had been another four-quote exchange in your original text, deleting that exchange would have left the two posts in my exchange with Romberg.  No matter how many quote blocks there were in this other, make-believe exchange - four or forty -  deleting it would have still left the two in my exchange.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

As an aside, I'm guessing that omission was deliberate.

The DoD study that concluded an estimate of 26,000 "sexual assaults" (not rape) was VERY clear that 14,000 of those were of men, and 12,000 of those were of women.  In other words, fewer than half of the sexual assaults were of women.

To write a story, and show pictures of women victims, and to talk about the 26,000 rapes - and NOT mention that only 12,000 of those were "unwanted sexual contact" with women, seems disingenuous to me - because it seems pretty clear that most readers of such a story/essay will mistakenly conclude that 26,000 women were raped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are 203,000 women in the military. So this article claims over 10% of all women in the military are raped every year?

No, it doesn't.

Well, it claims an "estimated" 26,000 rapes or sexual assaults occurred last year in the military. If there are 203,000 females in the military, my rudimentary math skills get me to around 12.8% of all military females were in someway sexually assaulted last year.

Care to explain where we're going wrong on this math?

Fortunately, your math skills are better than your reading comprehension. Not all sexual assaults are rape.

And the article didn't "claim" anything. The article cited Calvert citing a DOD study that claimed an estimated 26,000 rapes or sexual assaults occurred last year. And neither she nor the article specified that the victims were all female.

The DoD study that concluded an estimate of 26,000 "sexual assaults" (not rape) was VERY clear that 14,000 of those were of men, and 12,000 of those were of women.  In other words, fewer than half of the sexual assaults were of women.

To write a story, and show pictures of women victims, and to talk about the 26,000 rapes - and NOT mention that only 12,000 of those were "unwanted sexual contact" with women, seems disingenuous to me - because it seems pretty clear that most readers of such a story/essay will mistakenly conclude that 26,000 women were raped.

The article cited her as saying "rapes and sexual assaults", but, yeah, I agree she should have gone with the 12,000 estimate, and failing to do so, leaves her open to charges of incompetence and/or disingenuousness.  

In her place, I would have broken out the numbers and added that, although in absolute numbers, more men than women were estimated to have been sexually assaulted in 2012, due to the disparity in number of men and women serving, those estimated numbers translated to women being assaulted at five times the rate of their male counterparts.  

On the other hand, I used to make a living, in part, by communicating in writing for a largely hostile audience* and she's a photographer.  <shrug>

* I still do for my own amusement.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you have authority over a person - that can be viewed as coercion. Consent is impossible if the subject is coerced.  Th at can really inflate numbers.
View Quote

I knew a male lance corporal who got caught in a gme van shagging his section chief a female sergeant. The AF MP's wrote both up. He pleaded coersion and being taken advantage of by a superior.

He beat the charge and she caught a court martial. The CO wasn't buying it, the Sgt Major was all about it though. If it had been a male Sgt with a female Lance the Sgt would have burned and the lance would have skated. Article 33 officer saw it the Lance's way as well.

I wonder how many time this is the case? Two folks on a Det are bumping uglies. They get caught and the junior one cries coersion. Especially when they are married but not to one another.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

First, if, as you pretend, there were a total of six quote blocks in your original text, you assuredly didn't post it, read it, and decide to edit four out.  The system won't allow you to even Preview a post with six quote blocks, much less Submit it.  

Second, if, as you pretend, there had been another four-quote exchange in your original text, deleting that exchange would have left the two posts in my exchange with Romberg.  No matter how many quote blocks there were in this other, make-believe exchange - four or forty -  deleting it would have still left the two in my exchange.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Go make a post with two quote trees of 4 quotes in one tree and 2 in the other.

2. Make a comment on each quote tree.  

3. Press submit.

4. Tell me what Arfcom tells you.

5. Then fix that.

6. Then submit the fixed post.

7. Then go back and delete the quote tree you did not remove any quotes from in number 5.

8. Look at your edited post.

9.  Think hmmmm.  That looks like what samiam513 has been telling he me did!

Sorry, I did edit this post.  I took out something that might be construed as mean.  Therefore, under the PlaneJane test, I lied.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

1. Go make a post with two quote trees of 4 quotes in one tree and 2 in the other.

3. Press submit.

5. Then fix that.

7. Then go back and delete the quote tree you did not remove any quotes from in number 5.

Sorry, I did edit this post.  I took out something that might be construed as mean.  Therefore, under the PlaneJane test, I lied.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. Press submit.

5. Then fix that.

Yep, sure did.  Still lying. You needlessly deleted the post to which I was replying in order to take my post out of context and misrepresent what said. EOS.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are 203,000 women in the military. So this article claims over 10% of all women in the military are raped every year?

No, it doesn't.

Well, it claims an "estimated" 26,000 rapes or sexual assaults occurred last year in the military. If there are 203,000 females in the military, my rudimentary math skills get me to around 12.8% of all military females were in someway sexually assaulted last year.

Care to explain where we're going wrong on this math?

Fortunately, your math skills are better than your reading comprehension. Not all sexual assaults are rape.

And the article didn't "claim" anything. The article cited Calvert citing a DOD study that claimed an estimated 26,000 rapes or sexual assaults occurred last year. And neither she nor the article specified that the victims were all female.

Ohhhhhhh shit. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Chimps are our closest living relative. Our direct ancestor is supposed to be a "generalized chimp". Their sexuality is a glimpse into our past.

Quoted:
Your google works as well as mine does, if you really want to find out why people rape. It's not about sex.

I don't buy it. It puts the issue into a nice PC box, but aside from that unconvincing. Yeah, power and dominance likely feature in rape, as they do in other forms of sex. The fundamental issue here is that what we are talking about is the motive of rapists. They likely have different motives, and sex is probably part of most of them.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep, sure did.  Still lying. You needlessly deleted the post to which I was replying in order to take my post out of context and misrepresent what said. EOS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. Press submit.

5. Then fix that.

Yes, as I was gazing into my crystal ball I saw that I must edit my post or else PlaneJane would comment!

I've got to ask, since you think I knew to edit my post to take yours out of context,

Thanks for the good laugh.  The grass is getting dry.  Off to do a rain dance.

QPMNFRZ.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't know, guy, I'm in line to vote anti-democrat every time the polls open,  but I'm not seeing this as an effort to advance a progressive social agenda, I'm honestly
View Quote

There is a rather long history among left wing feminists to use rape/sexual assault as an argument for their desired social engineering, while ignoring the actions of say, Bill Clinton. In particular they have targeted the military. As such when you see such arguments you start looking for the agenda, and when you see figures that roll in male victims and other issues without being spelled out by the author, that tends to reinforce your initial reaction.

In sharp contrast, look at the threads on the rape scandal in the UK.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#30]
The pics are "haunting"..... Not in the way the author thinks though. I think I have PTSD now...

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Lots of purse swinging in this one
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes, as I was gazing into my crystal ball I saw that I must edit my post or else PlaneJane would comment!

I've got to ask, since you think I knew to edit my post to take yours out of context,

QPMNFRZ.
View Quote

The point she is trying to make, and that you seem to be missing is that you are saying you edited out quote blocks because there were 6 in a multi-quote post. But you supposedly edited out everything except her quote, thereby eliminated the multi-quote you were supposedly trying to achieve while making it seem like her post was pertaining to the article instead of the person she was addressing. She is saying that your excuse of "quote blocks being the cause of selective editing" is a little weak, given that there were only 2 blocks in the tree you edited, and the fact that you did not, in fact, multi-quote anything belies the excuse that an excess of quote blocks due to multi-quote was the reason for selective editing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c4dUh8TXfnA/UClMZrvLqzI/AAAAAAAAAOM/a-2oIb2WMxI/s1600/IBF+13.jpg

http://www.recaption.com/uploads/103004ff0a19a64f5d.jpg

QPMNFRZ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c4dUh8TXfnA/UClMZrvLqzI/AAAAAAAAAOM/a-2oIb2WMxI/s1600/IBF+13.jpg

QPMNFRZ.

Make up whatever retarded shit you want, the fact is that you deliberately took my post out of context and misrepresented what I said.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The point she is trying to make, and that you seem to be missing is that you are saying you edited out quote blocks because there were 6 in a multi-quote post. But you supposedly edited out everything except her quote, thereby eliminated the multi-quote you were supposedly trying to achieve while making it seem like her post was pertaining to the article instead of the person she was addressing. She is saying that your excuse of "quote blocks being the cause of selective editing" is a little weak, given that there were only 2 blocks in the tree you edited, and the fact that you did not, in fact, multi-quote anything belies the excuse that an excess of quote blocks due to multi-quote was the reason for selective editing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QPMNFRZ.

I had another whole tree of quote blocks.  Between the two, there were more than 5.  Go read my posts through all of her claims.  I never claim her post had more than 5 quote blocks.  I only said I had muliple quote trees, and between both quote trees there were more than 5, thus I had to edit some of the quotes blocks out.

Like has been said before, I never removed quote blocks to twist her words.  That claim is dumb.  What would be the point?  Anyone can go back and see what she was referencing.

Thanks for missing point of all of my posts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Make up whatever retarded shit you want, the fact is that you deliberately took my post out of context and misrepresented what I said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QPMNFRZ.

So you have no proof that I am not being honest?  Got it.  Case closed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Does the whole world now have PTSD? Every story I read people claim to have PTSD. I'm not negating our combat Veterans as many of them do suffer from it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There is a rather long history among left wing feminists to use rape/sexual assault as an argument for their desired social engineering, while ignoring the actions of say, Bill Clinton. In particular they have targeted the military. As such when you see such arguments you start looking for the agenda, and when you see figures that roll in male victims and other issues without being spelled out by the author, that tends to reinforce your initial reaction.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know, guy, I'm in line to vote anti-democrat every time the polls open,  but I'm not seeing this as an effort to advance a progressive social agenda, I'm honestly

I don't disagree with any of this, I'm just not convinced it applies to Calvert. If you go to her website, you'll see, yeah, she's big on women's and children's issues, but did a very positive project on a male minister who uses his sailboat as a church for watermen and another on AF Pararescue guys.

I will cheerfully stipulate that her use of the DOD sexual assault figure with out breaking it out my gender was inappropriate, but I'm not convinced it was malicious, particularly in light of the fact that the DOD study did estimate women are being sexually assaulted at a rate five times that of their male counterparts.

I understand you may see this differently, as is your right.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have proof that you deliberately, needlessly, took my post out of context and misrepresented what I said.  Case closed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If you raised her right, she's probably not gonna be an attractive target for a predator because they'd go after easier prey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Annnnnnnd this is why I made my daughter turn down 60K in scholarship to join the Navy.

I would hate to have to kill someone for putting their hands on my daughter.

If you raised her right, she's probably not gonna be an attractive target for a predator because they'd go after easier prey.
Honey.. I raised her right. I also know for a fact that a man can over power a female and in the military setting rape has more to do with availability and the dehumanization of all recruits as part of the training.

We are failing to include the harsh fact that 1 in 10 victims of rape of male on male in the military. Less to do with homosexuality and again more to do with dehumanization processes needed to turn people into hardened soldiers. Its the same mentality that is pervasive in sporting environments. The difference is athletes obtain the that narcissistic mentality through affluence or being above the normal reaches of society, and soldiers reach that mentality as a means for survival.

Some statistics are as follows.  

Someone with whom the respondent was in love: 46%

- Someone that the respondent knew well: 22%

- Acquaintance: 19%

- Spouse: 9%

- Stranger: 4%

(Rathus, Nevid and Fichner-Rathus, 565)

* The FBI finds that only one in
four rapes are published in the Uniform Crime Reports. The Uniform Crime
Reports do not include rapes that end in death, since those are
reported as homicides. (Anderson, 276)

* Most often, a rapist is under the age of 30. (Henslin, 252)

Now... you all can poke holes in this all you want. You can bury your head in the sand about it and remain in denial. Or you can educate yourself and your girl friends and your daughters and mothers and sisters. Be PROTECTORS. Wouldn't that be a refreshing change for the usual BULL SHIT we find in the rape of the day doubter threads????
Usually if a female is lying about a rape their stories don't hold water. A whopping 12% are false.

That leave the other 88% that are not false and they estimate as high as 32% never come forward. That stat goes to 43% of males DO NOT REPORT.
Rape is not about sexual attraction unless the perp is a stalker. Rape is about control, power and opportunity.
As far as my daughter goes... if someone would dare put a hand to her they will have me to deal with me.  I won't subject her to the judgement and stupidity found in these threads or what a trial would bring. The will wish they never took their first breath in this world.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have proof that you deliberately, needlessly, took my post out of context and misrepresented what I said.  Case closed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much that you showed it!  

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you're just being silly. It's been right there for everyone to see all along.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Now you're just being silly. It's been right there for everyone to see all along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha.  No proof that I lied.

Now its just you using circular logic and emotions to make claims with 0 proof.

hmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Gotcha.  No proof that I lied.i

hmmmmmmm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmmmmm

No circular logic and no emotion, just facts.  You deliberately, and needlessly deleted Romberg's post form my exchange with him before you to responded to my post. Then you misrepresented my comments as relating to the linked article.rather than Romberg's post.  When I called you on this you said you did it because of the five quote limit, patently a lie, my exchange was only two quote blocks.

Like I said, it's all there for everyone to see.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No circular logic and no emotion, just facts.  You deliberately, and needlessly deleted Romberg's post form my exchange with him before you to responded to my post. Then you pretended that my post addressed the linked article.rather than Romberg's post.  When I called you on this you did it because of the five quote limit, patently a lie, my exchange was only two quote blocks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmmmmm

No circular logic and no emotion, just facts.  You deliberately, and needlessly deleted Romberg's post form my exchange with him before you to responded to my post. Then you pretended that my post addressed the linked article.rather than Romberg's post.  When I called you on this you did it because of the five quote limit, patently a lie, my exchange was only two quote blocks.

So you don't have proof that the way I say it was edited was not in fact not how it happened.  But you are certain I am not being honest?

Snip.  Fuck it.  It doesn't matter what happened.  Close minded gonna be closed minded.  Even when you explain the truth in elementary terms.  And show the other post that had been quoted.

Something about leading a horse to water...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Somebody up to their old tricks again?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They really like rape
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a lot of rape.

They really like rape

I blame poor enforcement of haircut standards.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a lot of rape.

They really like rape

I call it for what it is: bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So you don't have proof that the way I say it was edited was not in fact not how it happened.  But you are certain I am not being honest?

I know you're too dense and closed minded to ever consider this, but the other quote tree was DmacRTCo post on page 3 quoted.  

That was what, 50 posts pre-mood swing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmmmmm

I know you're too dense and closed minded to ever consider this, but the other quote tree was DmacRTCo post on page 3 quoted.  

I'm not really interested in your story about a convoluted seven step process by which you say you managed to fuck up a simple quote and reply to a two level nested post.  What I am interested is that you did.  

But OK, you say that's what happened, fine, prove it. Because, otherwise, all we have proof of is that you edited a two level quote to a my single post and then misrepresented to what it applied.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm not really interested in your story about a convoluted seven step process by which you say you managed to fuck up a simple quote and reply to a two level nested post.  What I am interested is that you did.  

But OK, you say that's what happened, fine, prove it. Because, otherwise, all we have proof of is that you edited a two level quote to a my single post and then misrepresented to what it applied.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmmmmmmm

How many quote trees were in my original post?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top