Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/25/2014 7:07:47 PM EDT
They seem to be media savvy, they seem to be looking to make a splash on the world stage. So I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they attempt something this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it is in the Continental US on 9/11.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
There's been some talk on a local forum that.Chicago.is.a.target. I also work near O'Hare. Chicago's a.huge transportation.hub with all the railroads connecting.here. That would would have the effect of really messing with the economy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's been some talk on a local forum that.Chicago.is.a.target.

View Quote

I've seen that a few places.  

There's other forums?  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why cant they pick on somewhere I don't live near, like Detroit...........my mistake, my bad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There's other forums?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's other forums?  

IL Carry.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Those little assholes do seem to fixate on anniversaries.  We should be very watchful this 9/11.

If you're laying odds, you've got to go with NYC and DC, with longer odds on Chicago and Los Angeles.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't matter where they hit; there will be Hell to pay for this administration... But then again, Odumbo will be too busy at the links to care.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter where they hit; there will be Hell to pay for this administration... But then again, Odumbo will be too busy at the links to care.
View Quote

Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Why cant they pick on somewhere I don't live near, like Detroit...........my mistake, my bad.
View Quote

Because "don't shit where you eat"
https://www.google.com/maps/preview?q=dearborn+to+detroit&ie=UTF-8&ei=Evv7U968CdD2yQSt-IH4CA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&source=newuser-ws

Edit because I forgot to quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Thursday Night Football?

ETA:
Pittsburgh Steelers travel to face the Baltimore Ravens.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those little assholes do seem to fixate on anniversaries.  We should be very watchful this 9/11.

If you're laying odds, you've got to go with NYC and DC, with longer odds on Chicago and Los Angeles.

View Quote

We should be watchful, if only because our federal government isn't going to be.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#11]
If they are after media attention, NYC is still the media capitol of the world. Freedom tower, Empire state building, statue of Liberty, bridges and tunnels aplenty, Radio city, Grand Central and the list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obongo gots the yips.

As President and in Golf.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If they are after media attention, NYC is still the media capitol of the world. Freedom tower, Empire state building, statue of Liberty, bridges and tunnels aplenty, Radio city, Grand Central and the list goes on and on.
View Quote

I could see them moving into the heartland, with the mantra of: We can strike you anywhere........even in the heart of your evil, satanic country,
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#15]
That's why I'm.surprised.there hasn't been an attempt on the rails here. It would have a huge impact on economy, supplies.of.goods, etc.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Threat or not, I'm taking an extra amount of weapons with me on 9/11 like I do every year. 3 handguns on me, 2 rifles and a shotgun in the truck.

Can't be too prepared for a date when you know some groups want to one up the last guys.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I could see them moving into the heartland, with the mantra of: We can strike you anywhere........even in the heart of your evil, satanic country,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I am thinking, maybe a large mall, that would terrorize everyone and wreck the Christmas season. Remember they hate the way we spend money and consume
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is what I am thinking, maybe a large mall, that would terrorize everyone and wreck the Christmas season. Remember they hate the way we spend money and consume
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it would be an even bigger boon to Amazon in that case.......

love your avatar by the way.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#19]
whole foods.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I honestly do find it amazing that there have been no successful terrorist attacks (in the traditional sense) carried out since 9/11.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I honestly do find it amazing that there have been no successful terrorist attacks (in the traditional sense) carried out since 9/11.
View Quote

Just got this feeling that we are to see another one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's why I'm.surprised.there hasn't been an attempt on the rails here. It would have a huge impact on economy, supplies.of.goods, etc.

View Quote

Happened when I was a teenager. Or did you mean en masse?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Palo_Verde,_Arizona_derailment
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Nairobe style mall attack at Christmas probably gives them boners.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm talking about post 9/11

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#26]
If it's big, it will be New York.

Those fucks are fixated on that place like a pubescent boy and an old playboy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because "don't shit where you eat"

https://www.google.com/maps/preview?q=dearborn+to+detroit&ie=UTF-8&ei=Evv7U968CdD2yQSt-IH4CA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&source=newuser-ws

Edit because I forgot to quote
Just looked up the house I grew up in because it isn't far from there. It's in brightmore, off outer drive south of 5 mile and lasher

pieces of furniture just abandoned on the street, house was still there, grandparent's house down the street gone. Our house was still there but boarded up

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Since 9/11 ive always thought terrorists might try a place like disney or a mega mall, like the one in the midwest.  American families doing American family things being blown to pieces are what these sick fucks would like to see.

I fully understand that me and my beautiful wife and my treasured children are exactly their target.  I have a picture of my wife, my MIL, and 3 of my kids that I took, standing in the exact same spot that the attempted Times Square bomber parked his Jeep not even an hour before he parked there.  

Fuck them all to hell.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#29]
1600 Penn Ave, if we are lucky.  However I hope no American blood is shed by these animals.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Let's be "unconventional" and attack them on 9/11.   Make it big, loud, with lots of death and destruction.   Fun for the whole jihadist family.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#31]
El Paso or some other largish city next to the border. Southland Tales
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#32]
seems like i have seen mention of chicago, detroit, and new york--more particularly, wall street.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#33]
It kinda depends on the logistics after Obama and Holder finish smuggling them in over the border . . .
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Hook, line, and sinker.  

Beat that war drum.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Since 9/11 ive always thought terrorists might try a place like disney or a mega mall, like the one in the midwest.  American families doing American family things being blown to pieces are what these sick fucks would like to see.

I fully understand that me and my beautiful wife and my treasured children are exactly their target.  I have a picture of my wife, my MIL, and 3 of my kids that I took, standing in the exact same spot that the attempted Times Square bomber parked his Jeep not even an hour before he parked there.  

Fuck them all to hell.
View Quote

We are a huge target. We have the Mall of America which  is right by an international airport, which is about 10-15 minutes away from a federal courthouse, federal reserve bank, 52 story skyscraper, large downtown area, 3 professional sports arenas, huge rail hub for crude transfer rights next to the reserve bank, huge Muslim population and All of these things are in one area minutes from each other. There is a reason we just had a week of EP disaster training dirty bomb scenario with about 30 different agencies and several countries military last week.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hook, line, and sinker.  

Beat that war drum.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Times like this I hope there is some real version of Jack Bauer about to throw al baghdadi out of a 7 story window
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#38]
The panic surrounding Isis is all talk.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you not counting the whole BAH BAH BAHSTON thing?

I ,for one, found the rape bots memorable.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Seriously, Houston needs to be on the watch.  

Houston Ship Channel and of course the Refineries just off I-10 in Deer Park and East Houston.  Energy Industry is major here and 2 airports as well.  Not too hard to get to with our porous southern border and 6 million + population.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Threat or not, I'm taking an extra amount of weapons with me on 9/11 like I do every year. 3 handguns on me, 2 rifles and a shotgun in the truck.

Can't be too prepared for a date when you know some groups want to one up the last guys.
View Quote

Well that's pretty damn prepared, I'd say.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Same place they hit last year in the US.

Nowhere.  

You know they've been around since 2003, right?  They used to be called "Al Qaeda in Iraq" and eventually morphed into ISIS/ISIL.  

If they were able to hit the US (or really wanted to), they would probably have done it at some point in the last decade.
View Quote

Sure, but apparently they now control about $2B in assets and have about a $2M per day income in oil and fuel sales from refineries they control (which why those wells and refineries aren't smoldering ruins right now is beyond me).

So, essentially al Qaeda with more money and resources.  I don't advocate panic, but some concern would seem to be in order.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Same place they hit last year in the US.

Nowhere.  

You know they've been around since 2003, right?  They used to be called "Al Qaeda in Iraq" and eventually morphed into ISIS/ISIL.  

If they were able to hit the US (or really wanted to), they would probably have done it at some point in the last decade.
View Quote

Maybe not this year, or next year, but eventually that circus is going to come to town if we continue to pretend it doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not really qualified to talk about Isis in particular, but I do think it's somewhat delusional to think there is no threat.

I've always considered one of the great equalizers of men is how easily a life can be taken by someone willing to do so.  

I also firmly believe it does not take a large group of crazies with the correct resources to cause some real harm.  While I don't live in fear of it, I don't dismiss it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Since our southern border is less secure than rusted through chicken wire, I'll go with either LA or Vegas.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top