BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If ISIS or anyone ever does something like that the retaliation would be monumental.

Only way is a nuke and I wouldn't want to be the rougue regime (Norks or Pakis)  that sold it to them.
View Quote

With Obama at the helm?  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Their ultimate weapon, Barrak Obama will be launched at us 6 years ago to destroy America... oh wait...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Or biological.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Involving a missing 777 maybe?

It will involve a nuclear device. That would make a fine delivery vehicle.

Or biological.

ISIS is actively seeking nuclear materials, as was their parent organization, Al Qaida.

Given the resources and infrastructure they've managed to secure, I wouldn't be shocked if it was a fission-fusion-fission device.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

We partially created, funded, and trained "ISIS" in Syria.

Our regime is failing and needs more boogeymen to scare, and kill, us sheep to support MOAR WOAR.

Ask yourselves why "ISIS" isn't targeting Israel. Dig a little deeper.

View Quote

Because they're afraid of getting stomped.  Next question.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Easiest way to destroy a US city would be to screw up the food/water/electrical infrastructure and let the rioters do the rest of the work.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well, they have access to scads of chemical weapons. While I doubt they can "destroy" an American city, they can certainly kill a bunch of folks.

There will be no consensus on what needs to be done with them until they attack American soil.
View Quote

Unfortunately, this is true.

History will repeat itself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So they're only 150 years behind the US mil as far as tactics go?
View All Quotes

Asymmetrical warfare does not require sophisticated tactics or technology.

It only requires persistence and patience.  Unfortunately, they have an ample supply of both.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Obama administration wanted to pass more gun control, requiring that FFLs in southern border states file extra reports on anyone buying more than one semi-auto rifle bigger than .22 (essentially targeting ARs without calling them ARs).  He declared that it was because Mexican cartels were buying them legally in those states from those FFLs and at gun shows, then using them to murder thousands in Mexico.

It then came to light that the administration was deliberately running such guns into Mexico, telling FFLs that they HAD to sell to shady characters as part of this "stingless sting" operation.

The result?  The ATF used its regulatory powers to require the extra reporting, sticking to the script even though it was all over every media outlet that said script was complete bullshit.

It doesn't have to make sense.  It doesn't need to be "supported" by anyone.  The lawmakers make the laws and we suffer under them until we remove those lawmakers or nullify those laws.  And the other side, as has been said, never lets a crisis go to waste.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bureaucrats in power are eager for Tariq and Abdul to go on a shooting spree so they can quickly pass some security bill further restricting guns and add additional lube to the Constitution's bumhole.

Do you think anyone is going to support a gun control law if ISIS uses a WMD on an American city?

The Obama administration wanted to pass more gun control, requiring that FFLs in southern border states file extra reports on anyone buying more than one semi-auto rifle bigger than .22 (essentially targeting ARs without calling them ARs).  He declared that it was because Mexican cartels were buying them legally in those states from those FFLs and at gun shows, then using them to murder thousands in Mexico.

It then came to light that the administration was deliberately running such guns into Mexico, telling FFLs that they HAD to sell to shady characters as part of this "stingless sting" operation.

The result?  The ATF used its regulatory powers to require the extra reporting, sticking to the script even though it was all over every media outlet that said script was complete bullshit.

It doesn't have to make sense.  It doesn't need to be "supported" by anyone.  The lawmakers make the laws and we suffer under them until we remove those lawmakers or nullify those laws.  And the other side, as has been said, never lets a crisis go to waste.

So if a WMD goes off in NYC or Chicago and there are 100,000+ Americans dead then you think Obama will be able to talk about anything other than war? That of course assumes that the Joint Chiefs don't depose his Administration and start calling the shots.

I think you under estimate the severity of the type of attack we're talking about and the horror that this would cause. Such an event could potentially topple or government. It's pretty hard to maintain control over 300,000,000 people if they don't think you can protect them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Our regime is failing and needs more boogeymen to scare, and kill, us sheep to support MOAR WOAR.

View Quote

Because they aren't strong enough yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
It doesn't take an actual nuke. Rather, imagine a hybrid attack. Dispersive devices for persistent chemicals. Aerial spraying of biologicals (anthrax, etc) for longer-term generation of casualties. Explosive devices to disperse radioactive material across an area. What would this do?

initial spraying with biologicals would expose population to disease. Followed up quickly with chemical weapons to create immediate casualties and sow confusion. The "dirty bombs" would throw radioactive debris, resulting in area denial.

Further, if they were smart, they would attack a mid-sized city rather than a bigger, well known "symbolic" area.... it would resonate more with average citizens and personalize the atrocity. New York has a terrorist act, we kinda expect it, and they are more prepared to handle it (more "militarized"). Pick someplace smaller and less prepared, the higher casualty rate would shock the country.

THIS is what I'm afraid of. As a first responder in a mid-sized city, if it happened here, I would die quickly. No way we could handle it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They also don't control any territory with a common border with Israel.
They would have to go thru Jordan first and the territory they control in Syria is in the West.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Involving a missing 777 maybe?

Don't be so sure.

It might involve Detroit mayors. They are proven city killers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can guess what the response would be with a rational administration, but I don't have a clue how zero would respond to a ISIS dirty bomb or a real nuke being detonated.

View Quote

" Another round of golf boys"?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They would have to go thru Jordan first and the territory they control in Syria is in the West.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Israel,isn't their primary enemy. ISIS rose from the ashes of Al Queda in Iraq, which was the offshoot created to fight American troops there. Their goal is to destroy America. Israel,can be dealt with after they deal with us (or so they seem to think).

Their long term goal is to establish a state that can wage war against us.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#15]
We seriously need to take the gloves off.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Prez told me this guys are JV.  Just cause a kid wears a Lakers jersey, doesn't make him Kobe Bryant a rapist.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll need to check with General Barack Hussein al Obama about that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#18]
With the money they've got now, I wouldn't put anything past them.  There's no shortage of countries (or folks with access to materials) that would slip something nasty out the back door to ISIS.  

Cargo container sails into port with a crude nuke or dirty device from Iran?

20 martyrs go on vacation to West Africa to get ebola, then spend days coughing and sneezing on mass transit in our cities?

Derail a train going through a major city?  What's on trains nowadays?  Crude oil?  Chlorine?  Ammonia?

How about them spreading any one of a dozen virulent diseases that someone with a simple laboratory and a B.S. in biology can culture and grow?

Hell, even shooting up transformers and high voltage power lines would cripple areas for weeks or months.

We underestimate them at our own peril.  They don't fear reprisals, and they don't fear death.  That's a difficult enemy to deter.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh no! Quick, pass the SUPER Patriot Act and keep us safe!
View Quote

This is the infuriating part. The gov's response would give the country two mortal enemies bound to destroy it: ISIS and the statists. How could the people endure such a two-pronged attack, from without and within?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The problem is, who do we attack back?  They don't have a single population center or country that they inhabit large enough and devoid of enough "innocent civilians" for us to retaliate in kind with nuclear weapons.  That leaves us with the exact same response we had after 9/11.
Send in SOF and CIA personnel to begin with to start the attack and gather intel, followed by a large scale ground invasion of military men and women.

We end up in the same shithole with the same fucked up ROE's we had last go around.  We end up gaining not a whole lot, and you can be damn sure they won't take the leash off our military.  The American public as well as the people of the world would have a fucking stroke if we started going scorched earth on motherfuckers.

We are essentially bound by our countries own unwillingness to fight.  I hate to say it, but I don't think there is a lot we can do should they decide to nuke one of our cities.  This isn't even mentioning the fact that the motherfuckers we're dealing with WANT to die.  They literally have nothing to lose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If ISIS or anyone ever does something like that the retaliation would be monumental.
Only way is a nuke and I wouldn't want to be the rougue regime (Norks or Pakis)  that sold it to them.

The problem is, who do we attack back?  They don't have a single population center or country that they inhabit large enough and devoid of enough "innocent civilians" for us to retaliate in kind with nuclear weapons.  That leaves us with the exact same response we had after 9/11.
Send in SOF and CIA personnel to begin with to start the attack and gather intel, followed by a large scale ground invasion of military men and women.

We end up in the same shithole with the same fucked up ROE's we had last go around.  We end up gaining not a whole lot, and you can be damn sure they won't take the leash off our military.  The American public as well as the people of the world would have a fucking stroke if we started going scorched earth on motherfuckers.

We are essentially bound by our countries own unwillingness to fight.  I hate to say it, but I don't think there is a lot we can do should they decide to nuke one of our cities.  This isn't even mentioning the fact that the motherfuckers we're dealing with WANT to die.  They literally have nothing to lose.

Simple.
We crack down on the Constitutional rights and civil liberties of Americans.
If you oppose civillian disarmerment and constant surveillance then you are with the terrorists.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree...it will never happen.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#22]
If it is true, then the time is right to light them up by means of fusion before they can put their plan into action.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe they are gonna open a wormhole above NYC.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This and lets increase the defense budget.
What a bunch of BS.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What about other peoples parents?
Some of you guys fucking  amaze me with your attitudes of not caring about the possible deaths of American citizens.
I guess 9-11 didn't bother you either did it since your parents weren't there?
Think about what that really means when you say it.
You might as well be helping hoist that black flag yourself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chiraq wouldn't bother me as long as my parents were far enough away from the epicenter so as to not be harmed.

What about other peoples parents?
Some of you guys fucking  amaze me with your attitudes of not caring about the possible deaths of American citizens.
I guess 9-11 didn't bother you either did it since your parents weren't there?
Think about what that really means when you say it.
You might as well be helping hoist that black flag yourself.

Exactly
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Clear and Present Danger and what not.
Great book.
Movie sucked.

Speaking of Authors, Bracken.              FTMFW

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Pretty amazing , they declare war on us and we dont believe them. We open our already open borders even further. Its like our govt wants it to happen. I wonder what this administration wants from us , certainly not our best interest or safety.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pretty amazing , they declare war on us and we dont believe them. We open our already open borders even further. Its like our govt wants it to happen. I wonder what this administration wants from us , certainly not our best interest or safety.
View Quote

If you haven't been paying attention, Obama and his crew want to fundamentally change the nature of America.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Easiest way to destroy a US city would be to screw up the food/water/electrical infrastructure and let the rioters do the rest of the work.
View Quote

That's how I was uhhhh trained indoctrinated to do it back in the 70s.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
With the money they've got now, I wouldn't put anything past them.  There's no shortage of countries (or folks with access to materials) that would slip something nasty out the back door to ISIS.  

Cargo container sails into port with a crude nuke or dirty device from Iran?

20 martyrs go on vacation to West Africa to get ebola, then spend days coughing and sneezing on mass transit in our cities?

Derail a train going through a major city?  What's on trains nowadays?  Crude oil?  Chlorine?  Ammonia?

How about them spreading any one of a dozen virulent diseases that someone with a simple laboratory and a B.S. in biology can culture and grow?

Hell, even shooting up transformers and high voltage power lines would cripple areas for weeks or months.

We underestimate them at our own peril.  They don't fear reprisals, and they don't fear death.  That's a difficult enemy to deter.

View Quote

Not saying Iran isn't antagonistic towards the US but they are Shia, ISIS is Sunni.

Otherwise, carry on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What a bunch of BS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a bunch of BS.

So we should cut the budget?
I understand, we all saw the movie, President Eisenhower was ahead of his time.
But at this time, in present day, do we need to reduce our capability to kill our enemies?

If and when they bring this fight to our soil,  we need a force to be feared.
On the other hand, we should smite them where they stand.
Smite them into the sand.   Then, burn the sand.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And including myself included, view the political enemy here as a much more real threat to me than radical muslims.

View Quote

In ARFCOM fashion, both are dangerous. Obama policy has laid large parts of Iraq bare to ISIS, laid our own southern border open, and given Islamic terrorists Libya. Just to name three big ones.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm predicting the next target is Wall Street.
View Quote

That might stop the stock market.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
chances of dying from things (2003 figures)

heart disease   1 in 5
cancer              1 in 7
stroke               1 in 24
flu                     1 in 38
car accident     1 in 84
falling                1 in 218
drowning          1 in 1,134
sun exposure   1 in 13,729
lightning            1 in 79,746
Terrorist attack 1 in 1,874,000

The govt. will use the fear of anything to take your freedom away, regardless of how remote.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If you haven't been paying attention, Obama and his crew want to fundamentally change the nature of America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive been paying attention long before the Kenyan ran for office. I just cant understand how stupid our general population is. Political correctness is killing us.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe a TSA agent can drive me to work every morning.

God forbid they go full bore in arming the Kurds and lay off Assad.  That would be a crazy strategy!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Deemocrat Party has two related goals: give the government full power over the people, and keep themselves in charge of that government. if eggs are broken along the way, so be it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.  You are all in danger!  Quick, give me your freedoms, don't worry, we'll protect you.

ISIS aren't the only ones who are crazy and out of control.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But at this time, in present day, do we need to reduce our capability to kill our enemies?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a bunch of BS.

Just to be clear,   I said smite.
Smite you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I wont lose any sleep over their threats
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They're going to get one of their darkest-skinned jihadis shot by a white cop somewhere?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ISIS is preparing a method for destroying an American city.

They're going to get one of their darkest-skinned jihadis shot by a white cop somewhere?

I can see the headline now:

Breaking:  Holder on the Ground in Iraq to Investigate U.S. Bombing of My-ISIS-Baby-Didn't-Do-Nothin
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
But don't worry about the open border
View Quote

That's not sexy enough.  They need something that takes away more of our civil rights.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
DETROIT!

Oh wait...nevermind..
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

First thing I thought.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

in fairness we have heard this song and dance before...
I dont doubt ISIS intent on doing us harm but i just dont see them pulling off destroying an entire city. If they arent doing that over there it will be that much harder to do here. AK's at a shopping mall, suicide bombings? Sure i could see that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw a snippet on Fox News where Senator Inhofe said that ISIS is preparing a method for destroying an American city.

Maybe that's what aha gel meant when he said they are unlike anything we have seen so far. Could they have a nuke? Maybe some major components that they captured in Syria?

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

You don't find it at all troubling that the day after the Secretary of a Defense says that ISIS is beyond anything we've ever seen before, a US Senator goes on TV and states that they're rapidly developing the means to destroy an American city?

in fairness we have heard this song and dance before...
I dont doubt ISIS intent on doing us harm but i just dont see them pulling off destroying an entire city. If they arent doing that over there it will be that much harder to do here. AK's at a shopping mall, suicide bombings? Sure i could see that.

Exactly.

If only the U.S. had an all volunteer force of men and women willing to travel half-way around the world and kill these people.  If only.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Meh, just propaganda so they have a reason to restrict us even more. I swear our own .gov is our worst enemy.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Tell Bush what to do, from a secure, undisclosed location.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What would Cheney do?

Tell Bush what to do, from a secure, undisclosed location.

Zing!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He could mean the fact that we don't have any anymore.

The freedom to obey the bureaucracies every whim is your liberty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Scare me into giving up more if my civil liberties? Like which ones?

They'll let you know

He could mean the fact that we don't have any anymore.

The freedom to obey the bureaucracies every whim is your liberty.

There will be free and fair elections to vote for the one party in a one party system.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Meh, just propaganda so they have a reason to restrict us even more. I swear our own .gov is our worst enemy.

View Quote

This really isn't propaganda.

There will be a nuclear attack on an American city in the next few years.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There's 360 million or so people in this country.
There is no way there are not some really bad anti-American people here.
1/100 of 1 percent would be 36,000 bad guys? Think my math is right.
1000 radical Islamists is a drop in the bucket but could raise a lot of hell in short order.
Tell your wife to believe. They are here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The wife and I had this conversation last night. She could not believe that one of THEM could get into the country and cause a shit storm.

I pointed out that douche bag will not tighten down our borders and these fuckers are too PC to start profiling all the Hijab looking mothers for them to stop a breach.

There's 360 million or so people in this country.
There is no way there are not some really bad anti-American people here.
1/100 of 1 percent would be 36,000 bad guys? Think my math is right.
1000 radical Islamists is a drop in the bucket but could raise a lot of hell in short order.
Tell your wife to believe. They are here.

And yet they have done nothing?  If there was a REAL terrorist threat they would be blowing the hell out of stuff every single day.  The more they try to coordinate, the more they risk being discovered.  13 years later and the only attacks are some anthrax/ricin letters, a few shootings, and the boston bombing?  Nearly every plot broken up by the government is a coercion effort.  The most terrorism the American people have seen is the governments response to the terrorist boogey-man.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top