Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Involving a missing 777 maybe?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

360? It is closer to 312, unless lots more "kids" have entered via the southern border.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The wife and I had this conversation last night. She could not believe that one of THEM could get into the country and cause a shit storm.

I pointed out that douche bag will not tighten down our borders and these fuckers are too PC to start profiling all the Hijab looking mothers for them to stop a breach.

There's 360 million or so people in this country.
There is no way there are not some really bad anti-American people here.
1/100 of 1 percent would be 36,000 bad guys? Think my math is right.
1000 radical Islamists is a drop in the bucket but could raise a lot of hell in short order.
Tell your wife to believe. They are here.

360? It is closer to 312, unless lots more "kids" have entered via the southern border.

316.98 million as your reply made me google it.
1000 extremists in that number is still a very very small percentage.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You forgot assault ghost guns with child slaughtering explosive bullets fired from infinite capacity banana clips    1 in 1.5
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
chances of dying from things (2003 figures)

heart disease   1 in 5
cancer              1 in 7
stroke               1 in 24
flu                     1 in 38
car accident     1 in 84
falling                1 in 218
drowning          1 in 1,134
sun exposure   1 in 13,729
lightning            1 in 79,746
Terrorist attack 1 in 1,874,000

The govt. will use the fear of anything to take your freedom away, regardless of how remote.

You forgot assault ghost guns with child slaughtering explosive bullets fired from infinite capacity banana clips    1 in 1.5

(and weaponized Ebola)
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's the same as the Norks doing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If ISIS or anyone ever does something like that the retaliation would be monumental.
Only way is a nuke and I wouldn't want to be the rougue regime (Norks or Pakis)  that sold it to them.

Obama wouldn't launch. Seriously.

Bush might have.

If someone killed 500k + Americans he might not have a choice.
This country would implode with anger.
Americans are like siblings who fight and say they hate each other but when an outsider comes along and threatens one of them they gang up and kick his ass good.

Maybe if a nation state nuked us.

I don't see Obama nuking North Korea because they sold ISIS a nuke.

Not happening.

Not sure everyone will see it that way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The problem with this enemy though, is some political/racial/economic factions don't see them as an enemy, no matter how badly the enemy wants them dead
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Americans are like siblings who fight and ]say they hate each other but when an outsider comes along and threatens one of them they gang up and kick his ass good.

You can rest assured that the hatred various political/racial/economic factions of Americans have for each other is real. It isn't "pretend hate."

Agreed, but give them a common enemy and they will put differences aside (for the most part) then go back to fighting once the external threat is eliminated.
Hell there's talk right now in Washington that we need to work closer with Iran until this threat is eliminated.
Never thought I would see that day.

The problem with this enemy though, is some political/racial/economic factions don't see them as an enemy, no matter how badly the enemy wants them dead

And including myself included, view the political enemy here as a much more real threat to me than radical muslims.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The Democrat/Progressive answer is, to weaken our defense and spend more money on making people like us!!

and also, just let anyone into the country so that America ceases to exist as a nation!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Naw, we took that ourselves and landed it on Diego Garcia to get the group of scientists that were headed to China.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
If ISIS did destroy or seriously damage a U.S. city would that not prove that our security apparatus is a failure or a dog and pony show? What if it is nuclear and they find that the material used to make it was our own? God only knows the amount of nuclear material that has gone "missing" in the past few decades alone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Great.

Woe is Babylon...she is gone in one day and the whole world mourns for her.

Or something like that.

View Quote

NY
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Do we get to vote? Maybe something like "Allah Idol"?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama wouldn't launch. Seriously.

Bush might have.

Americans are like siblings who fight and say they hate each other but when an outsider comes along and threatens one of them they gang up and kick his ass good.

Maybe if a nation state nuked us.

I don't see Obama nuking North Korea because they sold ISIS a nuke.

Not happening.

That would be the final straw with that worthless bastard.
If our Congress didn't step up then........well shit.....we be doomed.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#12]
if this type of thing were to happen, theres a movie that did a really damn good job showing how these things go down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_War_%28film%29

Dirty War, its on HBO GO.

fairly shocking the kind of damage that can be done with some low level radioactive materials disperesed by explosives in a populated area.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And including myself included, view the political enemy here as a much more real threat to me than radical muslims.

View Quote

And then people ask me "motown, how can you be so dense as to post that Libertarians will be the death of us all?"

Oh, I see you cut the part about standing by this after they nuked an American city. Couldn't even stand by that one for a full 10 minutes eh?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The wife and I had this conversation last night. She could not believe that one of THEM could get into the country and cause a shit storm.

I pointed out that douche bag will not tighten down our borders and these fuckers are too PC to start profiling all the Hijab looking mothers for them to stop a breach.

There's 360 million or so people in this country.
There is no way there are not some really bad anti-American people here.
1/100 of 1 percent would be 36,000 bad guys? Think my math is right.
1000 radical Islamists is a drop in the bucket but could raise a lot of hell in short order.
Tell your wife to believe. They are here.

1,000 armed terrorists could wipe out a lot of good people in areas like Downstate NY where firearms are near-verboten.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Does our entire national security leadership have the combined IQ of an eggplant?

Seriously, where do they dig these guys up?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's been a while since the Patriot Act was passed, it's probably time for our scheduled bureaucracy booster.

I think it's recommended every few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh no! Quick, pass the SUPER Patriot Act and keep us safe!

It's been a while since the Patriot Act was passed, it's probably time for our scheduled bureaucracy booster.

I think it's recommended every few years.

I stand ready to take a FULL POWER shot of freedom.

Do you, citizen? Do you?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

ETA - I'm not laughing WITH you.

Do you think there would be any successful political framing if 100,000+ Americans were dead?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and after the attack that takes out a US city the AG Holder will announce that the terrorists came in across the southern border.
Obama will than emerge from the back 9 and blame the Republican congress for not passing his immigration bill that would have protected us.
The media will go 24/7 that the republicans have blood on their hands for their failure.

Yep

Do you think there would be any successful political framing if 100,000+ Americans were dead?

FYI never take anything I write seriously as I stopped caring about what was the US of A a long time ago.
I am just along for the ride with life jacket on as we swirl the drain.

PS I think you under estimate the lengths the corrupt media will go to protect their own
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

...this is what will happen.

ISIS is the government's wet dream. A true never ending crisis.

http://youtu.be/1yeA_kHHLow

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...this is what will happen.

ISIS is the government's wet dream. A true never ending crisis.

Amazing that he had the arrogance to say that in the clear, and it's even more amazing that people keep voting for that regime.  

Disgusting, really.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If ISIS did destroy or seriously damage a U.S. city would that not prove that our security apparatus is a failure or a dog and pony show? What if it is nuclear and they find that the material used to make it was our own? God only knows the amount of nuclear material that has gone "missing" in the past few decades alone.
View Quote

Our homeland security in this country is a joke simply due to our open borders.
It's akin to taking the exterior doors off your house and putting a welcome sign out in your front yard.
Could you sleep well at night in that scenario?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And then people ask me "motown, how can you be so dense as to post that Libertarians will be the death of us all?"

Oh, I see you cut the part about standing by this after they nuked an American city. Couldn't even stand by that one for a full 10 minutes eh?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I knew I should have quoted that as soon as he said it
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If ISIS or anyone ever does something like that the retaliation would be monumental.

Only way is a nuke and I wouldn't want to be the rougue regime (Norks or Pakis)  that sold it to them.
View Quote

Nah, think about  the effects of filling sewers or subway tunnels with a flammable gas.

Something as simple as an Oxy/Acetelene mix from one tank cart could make a really big bang.

Really big.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Has everyone already forgotten that President Golf-a-thon left them hundreds of millions of dollars in American hardware to just pick up and use?

So yeah, they are well funded... by him, using your dollars and mine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Absolutely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
and after the attack that takes out a US city the AG Holder will announce that the terrorists came in across the southern border.
Obama will than emerge from the back 9 and blame the Republican congress for not passing his immigration bill that would have protected us.
The media will go 24/7 that the republicans have blood on their hands for their failure.

Yep

Absolutely.

Four dead Americans and they blamed a movie and the media did shit. 4 or 400,000 they will find a way to blame someone other then themselves.
Oh and you can bet that their failure will cost you and I more rights in the name of safety.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Boy, it's almost like the government was about to sell us something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw a snippet on Fox News where Senator Inhofe said that ISIS is preparing a method for destroying an American city.

Maybe that's what aha gel meant when he said they are unlike anything we have seen so far. Could they have a nuke? Maybe some major components that they captured in Syria?

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

You don't find it at all troubling that the day after the Secretary of a Defense says that ISIS is beyond anything we've ever seen before, a US Senator goes on TV and states that they're rapidly developing the means to destroy an American city?

Yep. I confess, my tinfoil must be too tight because that's exactly what this smells like.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Four dead Americans and they blamed a movie and the media did shit. 4 or 400,000 they will find a way to blame someone other then themselves.

Oh and you can bet that their failure will cost you and I more rights in the name of safety.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep

Absolutely.

Do you think anyone will still be listening?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe the geniuses in D.C. could get right on that.  It might help to police and enforce the borders instead of importing more narco-thugs and those who hate the U.S.  It might even do more good then giving granny a pat down or checking the average persons credit card statements.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Great.

Woe is Babylon...she is gone in one day and the whole world mourns for her.

Or something like that.

View Quote

Revalation 18:8

King James Bible
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ISIS wants to cripple then destroy the US, they want to make 9/11/01 look like child's play.  We are placing the future of our children and the safety of our nation in the hands of absolute idiots and first class morons!!
View Quote

Eeez, when you put it that way...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#31]
The bureaucrats in power are eager for Tariq and Abdul to go on a shooting spree so they can quickly pass some security bill further restricting guns and add additional lube to the Constitution's bumhole.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The bureaucrats in power are eager for Tariq and Abdul to go on a shooting spree so they can quickly pass some security bill further restricting guns and add additional lube to the Constitution's bumhole.
View Quote

Do you think anyone is going to support a gun control law if ISIS uses a WMD on an American city?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
or smuggled unexploded Russian bombs from Russia's atomic tests

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep. I confess, my tinfoil must be too tight because that's exactly what this smells like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

WOW!!

You don't find it at all troubling that the day after the Secretary of a Defense says that ISIS is beyond anything we've ever seen before, a US Senator goes on TV and states that they're rapidly developing the means to destroy an American city?

I believe this may be to get support at home for a widening of our participation in Iraq and possibly a move in Syria. I sense it in the talk on the major news networks and out of Washington.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#37]
ISIS developing method for blowing up a major American city
View Quote

Not bad for the Junior Varsity...

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Do you think anyone is going to support a gun control law if ISIS uses a WMD on an American city?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People will support whatever the government says will protect them.

There are plenty of congressmen eagerly awaiting a crisis so they can quickly push forward their pre-made bills in an effort to further tighten DC's vice clamp on liberty.

You have to wait for times when people are extremely emotional so you can quickly sell your bullshit to them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd like to see some proof... Its pretty hard to trust what any politician says anymore.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same if ISIS started shooting up shopping malls.
Gun sales would increase and applications for carry permits would explode.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't think they would have to completely destroy a city.  

Here in nashville, a tanker truck hit a bridge and exploded.  It was one of the major interstates into and out of town.  

It made me realize that a small crew that had a decent plan could really screw up a city and cause a whole lot of panic and fear amongst the population.

Just look at boston and how they tried to lock it down.

I lived in the DC area during 9-11 and the DC sniper, both had the desired terror effect.

Now think what one guy with a dirty bomb by a major sporting event would do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will involve a nuclear device. That would make a fine delivery vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yep.  People will make light of it till it happens.  Then get outraged at how this could have happened.  Then we get another Patriot Act shoved down our throats.
View Quote

They are going to hit cities, fuck them, this is what they voted for.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Obama administration wanted to pass more gun control, requiring that FFLs in southern border states file extra reports on anyone buying more than one semi-auto rifle bigger than .22 (essentially targeting ARs without calling them ARs).  He declared that it was because Mexican cartels were buying them legally in those states from those FFLs and at gun shows, then using them to murder thousands in Mexico.

It then came to light that the administration was deliberately running such guns into Mexico, telling FFLs that they HAD to sell to shady characters as part of this "stingless sting" operation.

The result?  The ATF used its regulatory powers to require the extra reporting, sticking to the script even though it was all over every media outlet that said script was complete bullshit.

It doesn't have to make sense.  It doesn't need to be "supported" by anyone.  The lawmakers make the laws and we suffer under them until we remove those lawmakers or nullify those laws.  And the other side, as has been said, never lets a crisis go to waste.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#45]
With this threat on the horizon, now is the PERFECT time to pass a ban on body armor!  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  ISIS appears to be the new boogeyman.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or biological.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
But don't worry about the open border
View Quote

...and don't worry about them being aided and abetted by your local neighborhood "moderate" mosque.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

If they do Shitcago, it better be on my day off....
View Quote

I wouldn't lose any sleep over Washington D.C.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lunacy looks a little more extreme in print.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top