BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

nukes should have been launched 13 years ago...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If ISIS or anyone ever does something like that the retaliation would be monumental.
Only way is a nuke and I wouldn't want to be the rougue regime (Norks or Pakis)  that sold it to them.

nukes should have been launched 13 years ago...

Where ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#2]
We partially created, funded, and trained "ISIS" in Syria.

Our regime is failing and needs more boogeymen to scare, and kill, us sheep to support MOAR WOAR.

Ask yourselves why "ISIS" isn't targeting Israel. Dig a little deeper.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Is Inhofe on any committee that meets behind closed doors and hears thing that require a clearance, and basing his statements on particular information?

Or is he just speculating and fear-mongering?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
chances of dying from things (2003 figures)

heart disease   1 in 5
cancer              1 in 7
stroke               1 in 24
flu                     1 in 38
car accident     1 in 84
falling                1 in 218
drowning          1 in 1,134
sun exposure   1 in 13,729
lightning            1 in 79,746
Terrorist attack 1 in 1,874,000

The govt. will use the fear of anything to take your freedom away, regardless of how remote.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, what if they do actually manage to do damage to a major population center?

It's not like this government is gonna do anything but shrug and apologize, then go into a long hide-and-seek with the press until the bread-and-circus addicts forget about it.

Just watch.
View Quote

Exactly.

I have zero doubt of that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
It will eventual happen we can not stop it that is a fact. No sense getting all worked up over something you can't stop, the genie is out of the bottle. The only question is what do we do after the fact.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Could they have a nuke?

View Quote

If they don't now, sooner or later they will.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe that 777 they hijacked from Malaysia is nearly ready.

I wonder if they are going to use the same pilot ?

View Quote

Oh yeah
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

...this is what will happen.

ISIS is the government's wet dream. A true never ending crisis.

http://youtu.be/1yeA_kHHLow

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh no! Quick, pass the SUPER Patriot Act and keep us safe!

...this is what will happen.

ISIS is the government's wet dream. A true never ending crisis.

Our southern border is probably like the Syria Iraq border or getting there.   What we are doing about it is INSANE.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I can guess what the response would be with a rational administration, but I don't have a clue how zero would respond to a ISIS dirty bomb or a real nuke being detonated.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They're targeting Las Vegas. Just my guess.
View Quote

I have always thought that Vegas would be the easiest city for foreigners to fly into unnoticed since that is probably a fact anyway with all the tourism.
It also kind of represents the decadence of western civilization.
That being said I love Vegas.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
What would Cheney do?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And the fucking sheep, just look at this thread, lap it up like a fine wine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a "crisis", this is the "something" that our government will do about it.

Don't you love your country?  Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You don't find it at all troubling that the day after the Secretary of a Defense says that ISIS is beyond anything we've ever seen before, a US Senator goes on TV and states that they're rapidly developing the means to destroy an American city?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw a snippet on Fox News where Senator Inhofe said that ISIS is preparing a method for destroying an American city.

Maybe that's what aha gel meant when he said they are unlike anything we have seen so far. Could they have a nuke? Maybe some major components that they captured in Syria?

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

You don't find it at all troubling that the day after the Secretary of a Defense says that ISIS is beyond anything we've ever seen before, a US Senator goes on TV and states that they're rapidly developing the means to destroy an American city?

They are trying to scare you into giving up more of your civil liberties.  Politicians and the cops that enforce their laws have done more harm to our freedom than Bin Laden did or ISIS ever could do.  There is no security from terrorism, there is no freedom in security.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They are trying to scare you into giving up more of your civil liberties.  Politicians and the cops thst enforce their laws have done more harm to our freedom than Bin Laden did or ISIS ever could do.  There is no security from terrorism, there is no freedom in security.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just saw a snippet on Fox News where Senator Inhofe said that ISIS is preparing a method for destroying an American city.

Maybe that's what aha gel meant when he said they are unlike anything we have seen so far. Could they have a nuke? Maybe some major components that they captured in Syria?

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

They are trying to scare you into giving up more of your civil liberties.  Politicians and the cops thst enforce their laws have done more harm to our freedom than Bin Laden did or ISIS ever could do.  There is no security from terrorism, there is no freedom in security.

Scare me into giving up more if my civil liberties? Like which ones?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
exactly

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There is a "crisis", this is the "something" that our government will do about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While Obama will make the most of any crisis, this isn't the crisis he wants.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

They'll let you know
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What would Cheney do?
View Quote

Tell Bush what to do, from a secure, undisclosed location.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hagel:

'They're beyond just a terrorist group,' Hagel said. 'They marry ideology and a sophistication of strategic and tactical military prowess. They are tremendously well funded. ...This is beyond anything we've seen, so we must prepare for everything.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731871/ISIS-rapidly-developing-method-blowing-major-US-city-senator-warns-Hagel-says-military-ready-action.html#ixzz3B9aiUsiI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

View Quote

hagel, what a fucking idiot.

the only reason these ass maggots isis have come into being is because of the upper echelon of the military and the politicians that kept them from being curb stomped.

stay vigilant people.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What would Cheney do?
View Quote

Invade Argentina?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Obama wouldn't launch. Seriously.

Bush might have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If ISIS or anyone ever does something like that the retaliation would be monumental.
Only way is a nuke and I wouldn't want to be the rougue regime (Norks or Pakis)  that sold it to them.

Obama wouldn't launch. Seriously.

Bush might have.

If someone killed 500k + Americans he might not have a choice.
This country would implode with anger.
Americans are like siblings who fight and say they hate each other but when an outsider comes along and threatens one of them they gang up and kick his ass good.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're right. The government would never conduct massive domestic surveillance under the guise of protecting us from terrorism, or set up suspicionless searches at bridges, tunnels, and subways in major cities, or anything else that violates the 4th Amendment.

If the U.S. government is going to scream about how dangerous these jackwads are, then go fucking destroy them and quit yapping about it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Seen how they've attacked Syrian Army positions by stockpiling explsives underground, then detonating them?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/syrian-rebels-blow-army-base-major-hit-assad-article-1.1793271
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You're right. The government would never conduct massive domestic surveillance under the guise of protecting us from terrorism, or set up suspicionless searches at bridges, tunnels, and subways in major cities, or anything else that violates the 4th Amendment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't they already doing that? Without ever asking?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Boy, it's almost like the government was about to sell us something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

Boy, it's almost like the government was about to sell us something.

ETA:

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They're raking in about $2 million/day through major black market and underworld connections and they are fighting a war in two countries that are believed to have been developing WMD programs.

Who said a state gave them anything? Maybe they are slapping something together from components that they captured and bought. Who says they couldn't have Pak or Syrian scientists working in building a bomb using material that they bought from the Russian mob, captured in Syria and smuggled out of Pakistan (for example)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're raking in about $2 million/day through major black market and underworld connections and they are fighting a war in two countries that are believed to have been developing WMD programs.

Who said a state gave them anything? Maybe they are slapping something together from components that they captured and bought. Who says they couldn't have Pak or Syrian scientists working in building a bomb using material that they bought from the Russian mob, captured in Syria and smuggled out of Pakistan (for example)?

Point taken.
Hell we are thinking bomb and it could be something like poisoning a city water supply.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We are placing the future of our children and the safety of our nation in the hands of absolute idiots and first class morons!!
View Quote

Well in all fairness, you gotta take a long hard look at the voting population, and realize the situation you describe is unavoidable.

Idiocracy was a documentary.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, based on the boogeyman of terrorism.  With OBL dead and Al Qaeda scattered, they need a fresh devil to justify all of their power grabs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

In a half assed way you make my point " there is no security from terrorism" we will loose a major American city to a nuke! I 100% promise you. After that happens will we do what is necessary to make sure that it does not happen twice, I highly doubt we do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#33]
If it's Detroit they might inflict millions of dollars of improvement.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]
It's Obama's fault
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If they do Shitcago, it better be on my day off....
View Quote

see Drudge
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quick question - why are we not over there stomping a major mudhole in their collective asses???

Oh wait, I think I know .....

How was his golf game today, anyways?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Hagel:

View Quote

'They're beyond just a terrorist group,' Hagel said. 'They marry ideology and a sophistication of strategic and tactical military prowess. They are tremendously well funded. ...This is beyond anything we've seen, so we must prepare for everything.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731871/ISIS-rapidly-developing-method-blowing-major-US-city-senator-warns-Hagel-says-military-ready-action.html#ixzz3B9aiUsiI

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Isn't ISIS the group that dear leader referred to as the junior varsity team?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

see Drudge
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

see Drudge

Doesn't matter 5.0 is okay with it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Chiraq wouldn't bother me as long as my parents were far enough away from the epicenter so as to not be harmed.
View Quote

But fucking blow up other people? WTF
Fitting user name.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could they have a nuke?

Or someone else will.
One day.
If Iran gets nukes the proliferation in the middle east will take off and every little country over there will want one.
Then it's only a matter of time until some group of bad guys get ahold of one.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just hope its a small nuke, because the fallout would be coming this way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Makes me glad I'm at least two hours from anything called a major population center.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Maybe that's what Hagel meant when he said they are unlike anything we have seen so far. Could they have a nuke? Maybe some major components that they captured in Syria?

WOW!

View Quote

They may have a plan, but they don't have the capability.  Hell, anyone can have a plan.  The tools to carry it out?  Not so much.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#44]
and after the attack that takes out a US city the AG Holder will announce that the terrorists came in across the southern border.
Obama will than emerge from the back 9 and blame the Republican congress for not passing his immigration bill that would have protected us.
The media will go 24/7 that the republicans have blood on their hands for their failure.

Yep
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I thought the tea party was the # 1 threat to America? I'm so confused.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

and after the attack that takes out a US city the AG Holder will announce that the terrorists came in across the southern border.

Obama will than emerge from the back 9 and blame the Republican congress for not passing his immigration bill that would have protected us.

The media will go 24/7 that the republicans have blood on their hands for their failure.

Yep
View Quote

ETA - I'm not laughing WITH you.

Do you think there would be any successful political framing if 100,000+ Americans were dead?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#47]
pardon my skepticism..

It is an election year......
Military wants more money....
Senators want to bring home the bacon to defense contractors in home state....

As with the start of school, the fall fund raising begins....

Can't have ALS raise more money than the DOD and RNC and DNC.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

The problem is, who do we attack back?  They don't have a single population center or country that they inhabit large enough and devoid of enough "innocent civilians" for us to retaliate in kind with nuclear weapons.  That leaves us with the exact same response we had after 9/11.
Send in SOF and CIA personnel to begin with to start the attack and gather intel, followed by a large scale ground invasion of military men and women.

We end up in the same shithole with the same fucked up ROE's we had last go around.  We end up gaining not a whole lot, and you can be damn sure they won't take the leash off our military.  The American public as well as the people of the world would have a fucking stroke if we started going scorched earth on motherfuckers.

We are essentially bound by our countries own unwillingness to fight.  I hate to say it, but I don't think there is a lot we can do should they decide to nuke one of our cities.  This isn't even mentioning the fact that the motherfuckers we're dealing with WANT to die.  They literally have nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't sheep walk around with their head down oblivious to their surroundings?
We're not sheeple.
Give us the credit we are due.
We are fear mongerers.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Chiraq wouldn't bother me as long as my parents were far enough away from the epicenter so as to not be harmed.
View Quote

My parents live in a neighboring state easily within fallout range. It would bother me if something happened to you're parents because they're Americans and hopefully they didn't intend to raise you in a way that made you what you now are.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top