Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Ebola admins cloud...
Hnnnnnnnnnngggggggg!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is or was a mill on hiway 17 in Brunswick that processed pine stumps.   The smells from that plant would knock you down.

The folks that worked there said it , " smelled like money " to them.

gd
View Quote

I've had the misfortune of smelling that plant during my 18-wheeler adventures.

"Gag a maggot" is an apt description of the odor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#4]
All the rookies at FLETC did it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was also said around the paper mill I once worked at. I would often reply with "Money sure does stink, then."
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Our EMS station is basically in the back yard of that place, and I live 7 miles from that plant and never smell a thing.  It's not a place that produces stink anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is or was a mill on hiway 17 in Brunswick that processed pine stumps.   The smells from that plant would knock you down.

gd

That would be Hurcules, it's Pinova now. Certain times of the month it smells like Pinesol. Most of the time it smells like .

Did some work there years ago. Some of that place was nasty.

Our EMS station is basically in the back yard of that place, and I live 7 miles from that plant and never smell a thing.  It's not a place that produces stink anymore.

When I was there they were starting to use drums of resin from China and Russia and getting away from processing the stumps themselves. I wonder if that did it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, good info there fire chief... What was the gas?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pulp Mill fuck up

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/local_news/brunswick-smell-8-22-14

Brunswick Fire Chief Randy Mobley says that a smell permeating the downtown area is not hazardous to anyone’s health and there is no cause for alarm.

"The pulp mill did something. The power tripped somehow at the mill. Every now and then it puts off an odor like this. But it’s not hazardous to anyone’s health,” he said. "We’ve responded to eight or 10 calls about it. So we’re just going around and letting everyone know that everything is OK.

Glynn County Schools spokesperson Jim Weidhaas says that while nearby schools were not on lockdown, students were kept indoors.

"Students were in class at the time and were instructed to stay in their classrooms,” he said. "A few students had trouble breathing and EMS was called for one who was transported. That student is doing fine now. Normal operations have resumed at the school.”

Probably some kind of sulfur- or nitrogen-containing volatile organic compound produced by the breakdown of wood.

It's very likely the fire department doesn't have an instrument to detect it, let alone identify it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#8]
wildfire smoke.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pulp Mill fuck up

Brunswick Fire Chief Randy Mobley says that a smell permeating the downtown area is not hazardous to anyone’s health and there is no cause for alarm.

"The pulp mill did something. The power tripped somehow at the mill. Every now and then it puts off an odor like this. But it’s not hazardous to anyone’s health,” he said. "We’ve responded to eight or 10 calls about it. So we’re just going around and letting everyone know that everything is OK.

Glynn County Schools spokesperson Jim Weidhaas says that while nearby schools were not on lockdown, students were kept indoors.

"Students were in class at the time and were instructed to stay in their classrooms,” he said. "A few students had trouble breathing and EMS was called for one who was transported. That student is doing fine now. Normal operations have resumed at the school.”

hydrogen sulfide.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
oops
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ebola cloud from that Dr. that was released.

View Quote

He farted?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Scotch Mist?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pulp Mill fuck up

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pulp Mill fuck up

Hahaaa, I was just going to drop in and take a stab with this. There is mill in Rome GA, on te way to the power plant i visit occasionaly that stinks to high even when the wind is wrong
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You never notice it now.  There is a mill that you pass on I-95 near the 67-70 mile marker that will take your breath away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My mom grew up on St Simons and I used to hate visiting there as a kid because the whole county smelled like a giant fart.  Not that the paper mill in Savannah where we lived was much better but we didn't get many whiffs of it down at Tybee.  Its obviously much cleaner now and you can barely tell the mill is there, but in the old days...

You never notice it now.  There is a mill that you pass on I-95 near the 67-70 mile marker that will take your breath away.

Yup, that one smells. Same as Fernadina Island in FL. I get sick of the smell though it doesn't make me sick. Never saw a visible "cloud" of it either. Just a stank that would overpower the powerful stank of swamps. That's saying something
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Not a cloud

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#18]
My son breaks a kids nose in a 30 second fight at school and 15 minutes later there were 5 videos of it on facebook.

But no one manages to get a pic of this?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Hmm, I swear I've seen a few movies that started this way.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Pulp Mill fuck up

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pulp Mill fuck up

Fire chief is apparantly an industrial hygenist.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You may want to check on your geography. You can't get any farther from TN in GA than Brunswick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry GA. TN farted in your general direction because you keep trying to steal our water.

You may want to check on your geography. You can't get any farther from TN in GA than Brunswick.

Saint Mary's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#23]
If they all start shrinking....They'll have some company...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top