BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Besides having a large GSD in the house, my wife and I have...gulp.....10 cats. Nine of them were ours, but recently we took in my mother's cat due to health issues with my mother.

Cali oversees my reloading.
<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/Steve_in_PA/media/Pets/20110205172125.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/Steve_in_PA/Pets/20110205172125.jpg</a>

As does Razzi
<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/Steve_in_PA/media/Pets/0725091528.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/Steve_in_PA/Pets/0725091528.jpg</a>

Even Lil Bits gets in on the supervision.
<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/Steve_in_PA/media/Pets/20110212010335.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/Steve_in_PA/Pets/20110212010335.jpg</a>
View Quote

They just have to be in on anything that you are paying attention to.....the more attention; the more they get involved!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for taking this homeless cat in.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Good on you op. Cats are awesome animals. I consider my cat a close member of the family.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:00:46 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife brought 3 to my house when we married. One was a semi-feral cat that had attached herself to my wife. This cat has been spayed, else it'd have had at least one litter by now. She was fairly surly, especially to the other two cats.

But since I made it my project to gentle her, she's come a long ways to becoming a house cat. She loves to have her face scratched and her back petted, but doesn't like her feet or belly touched. I'm working on that.

And she hisses at the other 2 cats. They hiss back but there's been no fur shed since they moved in.

Now, she comes and sleeps with me most all the time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:32:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Cats are good pets, if only I wasn't allergic to them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

...I had no idea cats were as smart, loyal and very affectionate animals....

View Quote

AND they're FUNNY!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:36:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Good for you OP. Both of my big male Maine coons open doors, and bring me their for bowls on command. And meet me at the door when I get home.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:01:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's a big one...

I think it might be a Maine Coon cat.

Seems friendly enough.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:15:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Strays that willingly come to a human and "ask for help" are generally more friendly and stable than expensive "purebred" cats.  Every one of those I have ever met has been a vicious little shit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:20:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I was a cat hater, from my basement deep and wide

Pop tarts and cheetos by my side

Then a small wet kitty showed up at my door

They can't say I get no pussy anymore

The bastard grew on me and I finally have a friend

But, is just  one cat the end?...

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:41:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Well done, OP.

Cats can be wonderful critters. They are different than dogs, to be sure, but many are no less affectionate and loyal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I have two, very different and distinct personalities.  But they're both very affectionate, not aloof or snotty at all.  Very good pets.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:24:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Wife made me appreciate kittehs.  We currently have 3.

Old pic of Frank(Francis) napping while I nap.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't understand people that don't like cats. Having a tiny, half-wild, remorseless killer trust you enough to let you rub its neck and belly is a pretty cool thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
couple months ago I heard the young cat crying at my door for a couple days. I'm thinking its lost or been abandoned by its previous owner and I actually called animal control on the thing. Well they never caught the cat so a few days later I have my front door open to where it just a full glass storm that was closed because I enjoy watching the rain.

Well this cat was just sitting in front of the door in the rain looking in and crying while soaking wet and getting rained on. I cant stand to see any animal suffer. I grabbed a warm towel fresh out of the dryer and picked her up out of the rain, wrapped her in the towel and held her in that warm towel until she dried off and fell asleep in my arms. Needless to say I was seduced by how sweet and affectionate this animal was. I had always thought they were mean little selfish creatures and were void of affection like a dog. Oh how I was wrong.

Fast forward a few months and she is laying beside me snuggling and purring. I had no idea cats were as smart, loyal and very affectionate animals.

I just wanted to share this experience to guys who are doe hard cat haters that I was  that way but have been changed to see how wrong I was about  them. Her breed as far as I can tell is an American short tail, great with children and very clean. She even comes to me when I call her.

Wiggles

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa273/kobradot/wigs23_zps516b04d0.jpg

Hugging my leg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa273/kobradot/CCCkitty_zpsa919ef84.jpg

View Quote

Great job and congratulations on your new friend!  I'm enjoying everyone's pictures too
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Good on ya.

We have a cat we rescued that we found freezing & dirty in a groundhog hole when she was a kitten. Mangy, watery eyes, shaking, looked like she was near death.

Cleaned her up, got her shots and some nourishment, and she transformed into a normal cat. Been the best kitty I've ever been around...she's like a little dog just loves to snuggle & hang around ya when you're watching TV. You can pick her up and manhandle her like you would a labrador, and she just purrs.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Last year I took in a stray, glad I did. He's pretty self sufficient and likes to play twice a day. Other than that he does his own thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Our orange one thinks he's a dog. Comes for treats, does tricks, etc. He spent a couple of his early years at my parents house with dogs. The only problem is that he begs at the table, not for food but for attention.

Our tuxedo is a stray, but she also prefers to spend most of her time in laps. But on her terms. She cries when you pick her up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
couple months ago I heard the young cat crying at my door for a couple days. I'm thinking its lost or been abandoned by its previous owner and I actually called animal control on the thing. Well they never caught the cat so a few days later I have my front door open to where it just a full glass storm that was closed because I enjoy watching the rain.

Well this cat was just sitting in front of the door in the rain looking in and crying while soaking wet and getting rained on. I cant stand to see any animal suffer. I grabbed a warm towel fresh out of the dryer and picked her up out of the rain, wrapped her in the towel and held her in that warm towel until she dried off and fell asleep in my arms. Needless to say I was seduced by how sweet and affectionate this animal was. I had always thought they were mean little selfish creatures and were void of affection like a dog. Oh how I was wrong.

Fast forward a few months and she is laying beside me snuggling and purring. I had no idea cats were as smart, loyal and very affectionate animals.

I just wanted to share this experience to guys who are doe hard cat haters that I was  that way but have been changed to see how wrong I was about  them. Her breed as far as I can tell is an American short tail, great with children and very clean. She even comes to me when I call her.

Wiggles

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa273/kobradot/wigs23_zps516b04d0.jpg

Hugging my leg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa273/kobradot/CCCkitty_zpsa919ef84.jpg

View Quote

You won the cat lottery, OP.  Most cats are vicious, cruel, selfish, and aloof creatures.  The only time they come around is to remind you to feed them or to get rubbed on.  lol
Sort of like a woman in many regards!  LOL

At any rate, good for you for saving an animal.  You have indeed won the cat lottery--as most cats aren't like that.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:35:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I've got a cat. Skeeter. This is a very friendly cat to humans, but it hates and will attack other animals. I love this cat. If you are an animal though, watch the fuck out. Razor claws, a good fighter, low to the ground, but wide and fast. If she weighed 50 pounds, she could hunt normal sized humans or deer and be a deadly threat. I truly believe this. Cats are awesome, but they have a lot of pig-stickers built right in.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Cats can be cool. They can also be psychotic mean-spirited demonspawned assholes. I evaluate on a cat-by-cat basis.

ETA - Why being into cats is essentially the same as being into psychotic tweakers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#23]
you have now forfeited our property rights and now live in a house owned by the cat. You are allowed to stay for as long as you feed it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good job OP, cute kitteh.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:45:06 AM EDT
[#25]
AR kitty says Meow.  Got this guy from a local rescue about 2 years ago.  Damn thing won't shut up.  At least it catches mice...

Kids love him

(Evinrude)
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Well done OP!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Nice job op.

Now get the cat a empty box and a laser pointer and you will have a companion for life. lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#28]

If the cats' as smart as you say OP, maybe you should have her proof read your posts before you.... well, you know, post them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Got a cat as a teenager, she lived about 20 years. She was an indoor/outdoor cat. We lived in the county just outside the city and everybody had at least an acre so she had a lot of room to roam.

Things I liked about my cat.

1. Independent.
2. Spent a lot of time outside.
3. Could put out food and she only ate what she needed. She was always a skinny cat.

Things I didn't like.

1. Cat box
2. Shedding fur.

After she passed I never felt the need to get another animal. My wife and kids finally broke me down and we got a Yorkshire Terrier which I REALLY don't care for. About the only good thing about the dog is that the floor in the kitchen has never looked cleaner !
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#30]
You weren't on my ignore list so you weren't a vocal cat hater here.  Unlike the many people who are on my ignore list.  They would have taken pleasure in killing that cat because obviously it was feral since it had no collar and was on your property.

I'm glad you have a new little buddy.  If you need ideas for toys the platic ring on a milk jug works, women's hair ties, and rabbit fur covered fake mice.  Each cat is different and will or won't play with certain toys.  You can also see if you can teach him to fetch.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for being good to that cat and sharing your home with her.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Good on ya OP, two of the four I've had were rescues.  Believe me, there is a special place in heaven for you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Cats are great, here is Luna our 4 year old barn find kitty

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:04:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Gave my daughter a cat for her birthday.  Got her from the shelter.

Sprinkles; Destroyer of Worlds.

She lives with me, (joint custody of kids)

She likes to go out back.  Comes in when called, loves to sit on my lap all the time.

And if I leave my bedroom door open, she sleeps in my bed.  Had to buy her one of those little round beds to put at the end, hate cat hair.  I really hate that.

But it's a good cat.  She takes care of the gecko's.  Chases the rabbits in the yard.  

TXL
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#35]
2 inside cats, 2 outside cats, 3 dogs (labs).  Tom (inside cat) is my favorite of all.  Cats are great.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Meet Bobby, the stray we picked up and we're best friends for life. He likes the carpet on my bass amp.

http://s25.postimg.org/augkyor6n/S5030054.jpg

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#37]
What's goin on in this thre...

OH LAWD!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:49:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
me and my wife are. but if you get a cat, eventually you stop being allergic to your cat. yes i know how that sounds but 3 months after we got her, we stopped sneezing from her  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still allergic.
me and my wife are. but if you get a cat, eventually you stop being allergic to your cat. yes i know how that sounds but 3 months after we got her, we stopped sneezing from her  

I was the same way. My fiancée's cat made me sneeze constantly when we first met. After a month and a half and a lot of Claritin D, it went away.

Quoted:
Never was a cat person, until I picked one up to keep the wife company while I was working on the road.

Ended up with 3 at once.

I never used to be either, but the fiancée made me one! Our kitty is adorable!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Rescue and strays are the best.

Rosie (stray) on the left 12 yrs old. Lucky (rescue) on the right 14 yrs old.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Friskie

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My Maine Coon thinks he is a dog...even drinks out of the toilet...
View Quote

Mine kicks the other cats and the dogs ass on a regular basis.

Oh and he hates the wife too.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Here's a big one...
I think it might be a Maine Coon cat.
View Quote

Seems friendly enough.

I didnt think you could fit so much jacked-uppidness in one photo.

Good job OP!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#43]
We adopted this one a few months ago.

Already taking over the house.

She walks all over me if I don't get out of bed at 5:00am

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I like cats that are in my barn and doing a job of killing critters, other than that, I don't really care for them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Good man for helping a poor cat in need.  Log out and log back in.
View Quote

Here are some avatars, OP, if you'd like:

If you have another pic you'd prefer as an avatar, just put it up!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#46]
My cat likes to lick my eyebrows to wake me up.  It's weird because it's hot and wet, plus cat breath is quite a complex aroma.  

He only does it when he wants food.  I feed them twice a day so if it's been 12 hours, he wants some food.  Basically, if I ever want to sleep in then I have to plan for it by feeding them an extra bit of food late, so his 12 hour tummy clock doesn't go off in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Good job, OP. I used to dislike them too, when I had absolutely no experience with them. Here is one I "rescued" - DaVinci. One of the most intelligent animals I have ever had.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You weren't on my ignore list so you weren't a vocal cat hater here.  Unlike the many people who are on my ignore list.  They would have taken pleasure in killing that cat because obviously it was feral since it had no collar and was on your property.

I'm glad you have a new little buddy.  If you need ideas for toys the platic ring on a milk jug works, women's hair ties, and rabbit fur covered fake mice.  Each cat is different and will or won't play with certain toys.  You can also see if you can teach him to fetch.  
View Quote

The first thing my cat does is eat the tails off of those.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

We adopted this one a few months ago.

View Quote

Already taking over the house.

She walks all over me if I don't get out of bed at 5:00am

My Samantha a.k.a. Sam the Beast looks like that and also wakes me up if I don't get up on time.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#50]
I like my cats, but I like em outside. That's where the rats, moles, and gophers are. Got 4 that we let in when it's really cold, but other than that they sleep in the barn.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top