Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/21/2014 4:06:21 PM EDT
So we've got the Secretary of Defense going on TV saying that ISIS is like nothing we have ever seen and that Americans need to steel themselves for the coming war. We've got the leader of ISIS stating that he wants to attack America ("See you in New York!") and we have people claiming to be ISIS terrorists tweeting pictures from Chicago and Washington DC.

At the same time, we're bitching about police having armored cars because they shot a little tear gas at some minorities who were rioting over what is starting to look like a justified shooting.

So should we be having this debate right now, or would it be better to let things settle down a little bit before we disarm our first responders?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The current administration has the singular goal of destroying this country.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]

No, it's way too late, kind of like crying over spilled milk, the water that spilled over the dam, etc etc etc.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't you know that a huge chunk of the arfcom tier 1 operators have been dreaming about such a scenario?  There will be no need

for the police or military.

Heavy 6 and his band of merry men will protect us!  

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather take my chances with ISIS than see the shit that happened in New Orleans and in Boston happen again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The militarization of the police is not the issue.  Is the occasional asshat that comes off all crazy on a traffic stop acting like you just robbed a bank when all you did was 56 in a 45.

It all boils down to attitude.  You catch more flies with honey and all that.  Some folks need to learn that more than others.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
FBHO
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The current administration has the singular goal of destroying this country.
View Quote
I actually believe this.  I "Think" that BHO (May much fuck be upon him) has been trying to

reduce us to some "Also Ran" "status" (As directed by his handlers) for years now.

I really hate that POS.  God help us all on the other side of his fiasco of a presidency!

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd rather take my chances with ISIS than see the shit that happened in New Orleans and in Boston happen again.
View Quote

It doesn't matter if they're wearing cargo pants and driving an armored dump truck or not, good cops are the only thing that stands between your rights and tyranny.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#9]
What are the stats on getting shot by cops vs killed by a foreign terrorist?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Now is the time.

No one is scared of ISIS.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The militarization of the police is not the issue.  Is the occasional asshat that comes off all crazy on a traffic stop acting like you just robbed a bank when all you did was 56 in a 45.

It all boils down to attitude.  You catch more flies with honey and all that.  Some folks need to learn that more than others.
View Quote

100% spot on

Please have all the gear in the world - when you need it and are wishing you had it isn't the time to say "Well, guess we fucked up"

just don't be a dickhat....

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Every individual living in this country right now, from police officers to grandmothers...they all should be preparing and equipping for what's coming. And if the threat isn't ISIS, it will be something else. We are living in some dark days. The sooner we realize that and accept it, the better off we will be.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damned good question.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Police in America killed about 426 people in 2012.

Foreign Terrorists killed about 3,000 Americans in one day back in 2001.

That does not include people killed by the Beltway Sniper, Major Hassan, the Seattle mall shooting or the Boston Marathon bombing and follow up manhunt.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That does not include people killed by the Beltway Sniper, Major Hassan, the Seattle mall shooting or the Boston Marathon bombing and follow up manhunt.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do a ten yr avg.  You're good at headlines.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#18]
The purpose of terrorists is to terrorize, not to kill.

The purpose of a 'standing army' i.e., militarized police, is to dominate you and force you to do what the rulers want.

Ask Rick Perry who the rulers are; hint: It is not anyone elected.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a stupid question anyways because most (if not all) of the people killed by police needed to get killed.

Do you want to classify doped out, knife wielding rapists as equal to a receptionist in the Army Psych office at Ft. Hood?

How many innocent people were killed by police vs. how many innocent people were killed by terrorists? That's the question, and terrorists win hands down.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The purpose of a 'standing army' i.e., militarized police, is to dominate you and force you to do what the rulers want.

View Quote

So you're more worried about John Law oppressing you with an APC than you are about ISIS launching a Mumbai or Beslan style attack in America?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So you're more worried about John Law oppressing you with an APC than you are about ISIS launching a Mumbai or Beslan style attack in America?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not too concerned about ISIS to tell you the truth.

More worried about the wheels of our economy falling off once this bubble bursts.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#23]
The only Terrorists I fear are politicians and the MSM. They certainly fit the definition.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how many people do CCW holders kill in a year?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Thinking LE is tasked with protecting the citizenry, rank and file, from terrorism.

Bless your heart.

"Every blade of grass......"
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#28]
There's being prepared, and then there's worrying.

I've got much more important (and likely) things to "worry" about.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#29]
If something happens... something happens.

Be prepared but don't worry....

I have to poop who has time to worry about police?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Every individual living in this country right now, from police officers to grandmothers...they all should be preparing and equipping for what's coming. And if the threat isn't ISIS, it will be something else. We are living in some dark days. The sooner we realize that and accept it, the better off we will be.
View Quote

How do I sign up for your newsletter?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Really what is the difference between a sidearm or a shotgun or a rifle, a gun is a gun and the police get their power to enforce only the laws you vote for.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Really what is the difference between a sidearm or a shotgun or a rifle, a gun is a gun and the police get their power to enforce only the laws you vote for.
View Quote

You get to referendum EVERY law enforced where you live?

Sweet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's a stupid question anyways because most (if not all) of the people killed by police needed to get killed.

Do you want to classify doped out, knife wielding rapists as equal to a receptionist in the Army Psych office at Ft. Hood?

How many innocent people were killed by police vs. how many innocent people were killed by terrorists? That's the question, and terrorists win hands down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's your thread. You can fuck up the results however you want.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Police should be able to have any equipment available on the consumer market at their departments discretion.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Did I make it in on one?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So we've got the Secretary of Defense going on TV saying that ISIS is like nothing we have ever seen and that Americans need to steel themselves for the coming war. We've got the leader of ISIS stating that he wants to attack America ("See you in New York!") and we have people claiming to be ISIS terrorists tweeting pictures from Chicago and Washington DC.

At the same time, we're bitching about police having armored cars because they shot a little tear gas at some minorities who were rioting over what is starting to look like a justified shooting.

So should we be having this debate right now, or would it be better to let things settle down a little bit before we disarm our first responders?
View Quote

What are the small local PDs all over the U.S. going to do about islamo terrorists targeting chicago new york or DC? how would an MRAP is podunk Pa stop a car bomb in NYC? How would an MRAP in upstate new yrk stop an IED in New Jersey? How would a 20 man hit team in a small town in Indiana stop a suicide bomber in seatle?

How did the police presence in Boston find the bomber in that Boat? MRAPs?  Drones? Nope. How about Dorner, how was he found?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Its a debate without a definition.

3.7% of GD objects to cops having soft body armor.

14.9% of GD objects to cops having pants with pockets on the legs.

Yet only 29.4% objects to them having MRAPs.

Each person defines "militarized" differently. Even those who strongly oppose the "militarization" of law enforcement usually cant define it. When they try the try a cookie cutter approach forgeting that different law enforcement agencies have vastly different missions and equipment needs.

Maybe Mayberry doesnt need NVG's. But the border patrol and FBI HRT certainly do. Maybe Feruson doesnt need "full auto" but the USCG certainly does.

"Full auto" can mean anything in LE from an entry team using a supressed PCC with three round burst, to a cop in a poor department issued a M16A1 thats been converted to semi auto only (once a machine gun always a machine gun).

Some think the problem is people not equipment and suggested veterens not be allowed to be police officers. Others think it's police officers who are not veterens are the problem.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What are the small local PDs all over the U.S. going to do about islamo terrorists targeting chicago new york or DC? how would an MRAP is podunk Pa stop a car bomb in NYC? How would an MRAP in upstate new yrk stop an IED in New Jersey?
View Quote

Do you really believe the role of the surplus MRAP in domestic LE is to "stop an IED."
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It doesn't matter if they're wearing cargo pants and driving an armored dump truck or not, good cops are the only thing that stands between your rights and tyranny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are working for a pension and are use to seeing chicken sh*t shoveled out daily from the judicial system and their LE agency.
You expect me to believe they will protect my rights?????
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Do you really believe the role of the surplus MRAP in domestic LE is to "stop an IED."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the small local PDs all over the U.S. going to do about islamo terrorists targeting chicago new york or DC? how would an MRAP is podunk Pa stop a car bomb in NYC? How would an MRAP in upstate new yrk stop an IED in New Jersey?

No. I think it's role is unclear as of now, but considering what Obama has said about a civlian military force to rival big green, I have a few informed guesses.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#42]
ISIS can have New York, Chicago & Washington, D.C. As far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#43]
If ISIS invades we have the military and armed  citizens. We don't need MRAPS and cargo pants to save us
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No. I think it's role is unclear as of now, but considering what Obama has said about a civlian military force to rival big green, I have a few informed guesses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The role is perfectly clear. Its inexpensive mobile cover typically used to transport police officers into a dangerous incident and to bring wounded and bystanders out of the danger area. Now a lower slung vehicle like a bearcat is MUCH better in this role. But for those that cannot afford a bearcat an MRAP is an acceptable much less expensive soluition to the same problem.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#45]
There will always be some "external threat" to be used to try to justify a decrease in liberty. Every generation has a .gov proclaimed "boogeyman".
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There will always be some "external threat" to be used to try to justify a decrease in liberty. Every generation has a .gov proclaimed "boogeyman".
View Quote

Which is an entirely different issue.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
What are the small local PDs all over the U.S. going to do about islamo terrorists targeting chicago new york or DC? how would an MRAP is podunk Pa stop a car bomb in NYC? How would an MRAP in upstate new yrk stop an IED in New Jersey? How would a 20 man hit team in a small town in Indiana stop a suicide bomber in seatle?

How did the police presence in Boston find the bomber in that Boat? MRAPs?  Drones? Nope. How about Dorner, how was he found?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What happens if ISIS doesn't attack Boston or Chicago, but attacks Skokie or Worchester instead?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What happens if ISIS doesn't attack Boston or Chicago, but attacks Skokie or Worchester instead?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will be attacked, and the Seal Team six looking police will be driving towards the smoke?

What if they had hired 100 more police instead of national guard armory,and caught the baddies in the act?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The goal of terrorism isn't to kill.  Killing is a tool to achieve their objective.

The loss of life on 9-11 was horrific.  The economic damage that nobody discusses was a disaster.  Had we been hit again a year after 9-11, we could have had a full economic failure.  

Body count is not the metric.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Titty Sprinkles
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top