Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/21/2014 8:22:12 AM EDT
To the four clean-cut college freshman out on a double date, it had seemed like a typical McDonald's: spanking clean, well-lighted, and safe. It was in a good neighborhood too, right next to Texas A&M University in College Station -- a campus known for its friendly atmosphere and official down-home greeting: “howdy.”

Shortly after 2 A.M. that Sunday, they pulled into the parking lot of so-called “University McDonald's”  and beheld a scene unlike anything portrayed in all those wholesome McDonald's television commercials. Before them, hundreds of young black males were loitering about, some without shirts.

Other local residents -- the more cynical and world-weary, both whites and most blacks -- would have taken one look at the crowd and driven off, dismissing many of the young and posturing black males as thugs. But not them: innocent white kids from the suburbs. They presumed this was post-racial America -- and that they were in an easy-going college town.

Twenty minutes later, two of them were dead.
View Quote

Media covers up race of murderers.

Incredibly, the race of the assailants was scrubbed from local news coverage; and utterly missing from tersely written wire-service stories about a Brazos County jury's whopping $27 million negligence verdict on July 30 against “University McDonald's” -- an outlet owned by the Oak Brook, Illinois-based fast-food giant. What the media considered unmentionable nevertheless loomed over a riveting seven-day trial, which came amid the growing phenomenon of black-on-white violence -- unprovoked attacks on whites and black mob violence like the so-called “knock-out game."

Chris Hamilton, lead lawyer of the small Dallas firm that humbled the corporate giant, was asked, during a phone interview, how many reporters had even bothered to inquire about the race of the assailants during the many interviews he gave.

“You're the only one,” he replied.
View Quote

For the two young couples, the evening had started at a country-western concert at “Hurricane Harry's” in College Station's entertainment district; and afterward, just after 2 a.m. on Sunday, February 18, 2012 -- a quick trip to nearby “University McDonald's” as it's widely known.

Parking his Toyota 4Runner, Denton James Ward, age 18, stepped down from the big SUV with Tanner Giesen, then 19 years old. The two friends from Flower Mound, an affluent Dallas suburb, headed to the McDonald's bathroom; Ward wore his cowboy hat. The girls, Lauren Bailey Crisp and Samantha Bean, both 19, took the SUV to the drive-through.
View Quote

Instead, up to 400 black males were loitering about the parking lot, a police officer later estimated.
View Quote

Police made only one arrest, charging Marcus Jamal Jones -- known to friends as "Plucky” -- in the mob attack. Without outdoor security cameras and uncooperative witnesses, it was no doubt hard to make a case. Last March, Plucky pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and served a 90-day jail sentence.
View Quote

For arf lawyers: The case is Crisp v. The McDonald’s Corp., 12-cv-003034, District Court, Brazos County, Texas (Bryan).

http://americanthinker.com/2014/08/beaten_to_death_at_mcdonalds.html
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Description: The families and Estates of Denton James Ward and Lauren Bailey Crisp sued McDonald's Corporation on negligence and wrogful death theories claiming that Denton James Ward, age 18, and Lauren Bailey Crisp, age 19, claiming that McDonald's franchisee failed to exercise due care in the management and operation of a McDonald's in College Station, Texas and, as a direct result, Ward was beaten by a mob at the store in February 2012 and Lauren was killed in a fatal auto accident in a futile attempt to take Ward to a hospital for treatment.

The Plaintiffs claimed that the McDonald's and its franchisee knew or should have known that its store was dangerous and failed to take any steps to insure the safe of store customers.

Outcome: Plaintiffs' verdict for $27 million with $16 million for the Ward family and $11 million for the Crisp family.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Softly call the muster
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
lol "race of murderers"

ETA: there should of been a coma or at least a "the" somewhere in there
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Whitey deserved it. In fact you're racist for even bringing this story up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#5]
A forensic pathologist testified Thursday in a lawsuit against McDonald's that 18-year-old Denton Ward died from assault injuries he suffered at the fast-food restaurant prior to being involved in a car accident.
View Quote

But based on his analysis, Burton said, Ward died from a fatal skull fracture he suffered when he and Giesen were assaulted by a group of men at the McDonald's.

Had it not been for the assault, Bean would not have been driving Ward's vehicle in an attempt to get to the hospital, which is what led to the accident that killed Crisp, Burton said.
View Quote

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/mcdonald-s-negligence-trial-testimony-continues/article_e8a76dcf-0752-55d9-a629-7ed09fa038b6.html
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Dang. ... that's jacked up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I have no doubt that Eric Jolder and the Justice Department are on THIS case.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Situational awareness; they didn't have it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol "race of murderers"

ETA: there should of been a coma or at least a "the" somewhere in there
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#10]
My observations at DU, which I consider to be a decent representation of the liberal mindset, suggests to myself that black people are justified in attacking/hitting others (especially white people). DU further believes people (especially white people) are NOT justified in retaliating (especially against black people). Liberalism =
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#11]
It doesn't support the liberal press agenda to report on this.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Four hundred kids hanging out at a Mickey D's and it is allowed?
You would never see that in my town. WTH?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow never even heard of this one.  Talk about being covered up.

Similar to the cover up on this one
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Media Blackout here as well, hmmmm.

http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2013/08/16/censored-news-black-woman-kills-12-y-o-white-boy-with-blow-torch/
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#15]
This is why you have to make it your business to relocate as far away from these savages as your finances will allow.

God knows the climate for white people in this country is not ever going to get better. Sometimes I feel like a Jew in 1933 Germany when I read about shit happening in this country.

Last one out turn off the lights.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Pull into a crowd of 400 chanting upstanding citizens?

Fuck no.  I'd hit that reverse.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Wait, what? How have we not heard about this?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Four hundred kids hanging out at a Mickey D's and it is allowed?
You would never see that in my town. WTH?
View Quote

Dispersing them would be racist.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Plucky..................wtf
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#20]
How does one defend against a mob like that, while minimizing the risk of prosecution?

Assuming you can't just floor it and GTFO...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/mcdonald-s-negligence-trial-testimony-continues/article_e8a76dcf-0752-55d9-a629-7ed09fa038b6.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A forensic pathologist testified Thursday in a lawsuit against McDonald's that 18-year-old Denton Ward died from assault injuries he suffered at the fast-food restaurant prior to being involved in a car accident.

But based on his analysis, Burton said, Ward died from a fatal skull fracture he suffered when he and Giesen were assaulted by a group of men at the McDonald's.

Had it not been for the assault, Bean would not have been driving Ward's vehicle in an attempt to get to the hospital, which is what led to the accident that killed Crisp, Burton said.

Noticed in these kinds of attacks they always go for maximum head damage....as though they've been taught to.  -imo
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't go on a double date to McDonalds?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I know that the majority of black Americans do not want whites attacked. The problem is the sense of entitlement, anger, and hatred that many pass on to the younger black males who grow up without the moral instruction and strong leadership of a father.
The number one preventable cause of death in black males is homicide by another black.
The number one preventable cause of death in white males is car accident.
Any thinking man or woman asks, "why"? But to the leftist, the cause is always race, always imposed poverty, always white prejudice.
The Ferguson debacle has solidified the opinion of many whites that blacks simply do not want to change the very situation that they have created for themselves.
Teach your kids to love all people, but to maintain situational awareness.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Where is the Response from our Criminal President and Racist AG??

ETA: These things happen to white/Asian/Spanish people more than anyone knows and are virtually Never reported on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Too young to conceal carry  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#26]
But not them: innocent white kids from the suburbs. They presumed this was post-racial America -- and that they were in an easy-going college town.
View Quote

I went to school in DC.... every year freshmen were told to never walk down a certain block by our metro system due to the fact it was a given they would get robbed. Well every year suburban freshman walk back alone late at night and they get robbed on that street...... Most dont understand until its too late.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

COC

great post!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wow never even heard of this one.  Talk about being covered up.

Similar to the cover up on this one
View Quote

No shit. I hadn't heard about this either.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Too young to conceal carry  
View Quote

If they tried to defend themselves they would have been crucified in the media and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

"Racist rednecks murder aspiring rapper" along with 10 year old picture of "Victim".
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So...

What's the legality of spinning around while doing a mag dump into a mob like that?
View Quote

Blooming death.  There is a use for it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#31]
I did not think there were that many outstanding citizens at College Station.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Shortly after 2 A.M. that Sunday, they pulled into the parking lot of so-called “University McDonald's” and beheld a scene unlike anything portrayed in all those wholesome McDonald's television commercials.
Before them, hundreds of young black males were loitering about, some without shirts.
View Quote

They saw this as they pulled in... and they still stopped and got out of their car?

Okay, I'll be the dick and say it... I'm finding it tough to drum up much sympathy for these kids.

Reminds me of the old line... Life is tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep.

When I was a student there, that McDs wasn't an issue or a dangerous spot.  I was confused about what had changed, because it is right across the street from campus and close to the bar district (Northgate).

Found this in the article:

Why was University McDonald's so popular among black gang bangers and black fraternity members? Carlos Butler, the outlet's black general manager, could take credit for that. An aspiring hip-hop artist, he hosted large hip-hop concerts attracting some 1,500 people -- and after those events many of the black hip-hoppers headed to University McDonald's.

For those not familiar with the area, College Station is pretty similar to any other medium town dominated by a large university; some crime and poverty, but mostly safe with well educated, high income people and neighborhoods.  It butts right up against another town, Bryan.  Bryan was almost a stereotypical "Old West" town in the late 1800s when A&M was founded, and the college was intentionally established away from the town to get the students away from the bad influences in Bryan.  Over the last century, they've grown together and you can cross from one into the other with nothing but a sign letting you know it happened.  Bryan has a population over 65,000 that is 32% black, has a significant gang issue and over 20% of the population is below the poverty line.  

It's always been a little rough in Bryan but I never had any issues, even when I was working delivery for a furniture company and we'd drive down MLK boulevard at 2 pm and see dozens of people hanging out in their front yards mean mugging us.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Too bad. Maybe if they weren't so stupid and probably liberal they would still be alive. They lacked life experience.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I went to school in DC.... every year freshmen were told to never walk down a certain block by our metro system due to the fact it was a given they would get robbed. Well every year suburban freshman walk back alone late at night and they get robbed on that street...... Most dont understand until its too late.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
But not them: innocent white kids from the suburbs. They presumed this was post-racial America -- and that they were in an easy-going college town.

I think most towns have neighborhoods like you describe.  The case in TX is odd because this McDonald's is literally across the street from the campus.  TAMU may be the safest, most conservative and probably whitest university in the country.  This is truly bizarre. Although, vision 2020 sought to "diversify" the campus.  I doubt the mob consisted of current or former students, though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#36]
What the fuck?

I live here and I haven't heard about this.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I have no doubt that Eric Jolder and the Justice Department are on THIS case.
View Quote
He will announce that they had attempted a rescue mission to save them , but it failed .

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

The date was earlier that night, this was the food/piss stop on the way home.  

But avoiding McDs isn't the worst idea ever, for lots of reasons.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It never ceases to amaze me how one sided reporting has become.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#41]
A good rule of thumb is to avoid any fast food establishments after midnight.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They saw this as they pulled in... and they still stopped and got out of their car?

Okay, I'll be the dick and say it... I'm finding it tough to drum up much sympathy for these kids.

Reminds me of the old line... Life is tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Shortly after 2 A.M. that Sunday, they pulled into the parking lot of so-called “University McDonald's” and beheld a scene unlike anything portrayed in all those wholesome McDonald's television commercials.
Before them, hundreds of young black males were loitering about, some without shirts.

It really is hard to feel bad when so much stupid was involved.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Kimber pepper spray is for black folk

Glock is for every one else...

remember the Newsome murders?    crickets.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I know that the majority of black Americans do not want whites attacked. The problem is the sense of entitlement, anger, and hatred that many pass on to the younger black males who grow up without the moral instruction and strong leadership of a father.
The number one preventable cause of death in black males is homicide by another black.
The number one preventable cause of death in white males is car accident.
Any thinking man or woman asks, "why"? But to the leftist, the cause is always race, always imposed poverty, always white prejudice.
The Ferguson debacle has solidified the opinion of many whites that blacks simply do not want to change the very situation that they have created for themselves.
Teach your kids to love all people, but to maintain situational awareness.
View Quote

You do? You know this? How, may I ask? I know no such thing at all.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Some animals should be hunted to extinction.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is why you have to make it your business to relocate as far away from these savages as your finances will allow.

God knows the climate for white people in this country is not ever going to get better. Sometimes I feel like a Jew in 1933 Germany when I read about shit happening in this country.

Last one out turn off the lights.
View Quote

/this
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

How does one defend against a mob like that, while minimizing the risk of prosecution?

Assuming you can't just floor it and GTFO...
View Quote
Keep on driving , do not stop in the first place .

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#48]
So, what does everyone wa... HOLY SHIT! Sorry ladies, but we ain't gettin' our McRibs on tonight. That Shamrock Shake you wanted is just gonna have to wait, Suzie.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#49]
This happened 2 years ago, and its the first ive heard of it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#50]
I graduated in 2010, and that McDonalds was right across from the Engineering buildings where most of my classes were.  It never seemed like a sketchy place at all.

I need to ask my brother about it, since he's a current engineering student there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top