Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/21/2014 3:28:58 AM EDT
Have now crossed the border in Arizona..

Still have a long drive ahead.. But Californa and your Ebola bullshit commie fucking state can kiss my ass..

Fuck it, I'm out.. Will check in at the next stop..
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
You remembered to bring the cat, right?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:38:08 AM EDT
[#2]
California has beautiful beaches.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:43:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

California has beautiful beaches.
View Quote
Whole state is beautiful, but the people move their for the weather/scenery/freebies. This creates a general atmosphere of stuck up individuals who aren't there for the culture, but for superficial things. Plus the cost of living only makes people even more pissed off, and angry.

Anyways, welcome to Texas NwG. Glad you followed through, and I hope you immediately get new toys that you've always dreamed of. Check out texasguntalk if you haven't already. Everyone is really friendly over there, and people do a lot of meetups and things.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:47:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on escaping.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:51:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have now crossed the border in Arazona..

Still have a long drive ahead.. But Californa and your Ebola bullshit commie fucking state can kiss my ass..

View Quote

Learn to spell.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Good for you!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:53:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Learn to spell.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Congrats on escaping.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Hammer down OP.
Welcome to America.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Learn to spell.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Learn to spell.

Haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:02:48 AM EDT
[#11]
You moving here? Good choice. Vote appropriately.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:04:40 AM EDT
[#12]
So how many ingrained CA sensibilities are you taking to Texas with you?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:06:31 AM EDT
[#13]

We have a cat?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#14]
San Fran is a beautiful place.  I went there on my honeymoon and loved it.

It's not a bad place to visit at all.  I don't think that I would like to deal with the crazy laws, nasty taxes and vagrants on a daily basis though.

The local CA hometown forum members were very helpful in helping my wife and I scope out the area.  We really appreciate it.  If there are such good people in CA I find it hard to condemn the state.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:10:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's not a bad place to visit at all.  I don't think that I would like to deal with the crazy laws, nasty taxes and vagrants on a daily basis though.

The local CA hometown forum members were very helpful in helping my wife and I scope out the area.  We really appreciate it.  If there are such good people in CA I find it hard to condemn the state.

View Quote

You should have seen it in 1962.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

What happened in 1962?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Stop in phoenix i'll buy you breakfast

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#19]
where's mom moving too?  hopefully it has a basement

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What happened in 1962?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened in 1962?

That's the year my family moved here from Kansas - I was four and my mom was pregnant - Seeking economic opportunity, freedom (!), good schools for the kids, and all the great climate, food, etc.  Life was pretty good for a long time.

We managed to partly contain the damage from the onslaught of bloated, authoritarian government for a while.  Proposition 13 in 1978, which I voted for, was a genuine coup de etats.  But eventually the big-government nanny state model took over.

Those of us who got in early have managed to hang on to a piece of the original dream.  And there is still room for bright, ambitious people like our friend Drsalee to establish a foothold and live a good life.  I've done pretty well for myself, and generally have a good life.  My circumstances don't allow me the luxury of packing it in and moving somewhere else, and frankly I'm not enthusiastic about taking up actual residence elsewhere.  There are problems in and traits that render EVERY state undesirable for me.  I have little tolerance for hot, humid weather and am not a big fan of snow and ice.

My plan is to get my home paid off and slide into retirement in several years.  I am considering getting a place in a state with no personal income tax to establish an official residence, so I can continue to live here and not feed the beast any of my retirement income.  That will be MY way of telling California (the government, that is) to suck it.

Most people are too young to remember or simply don't know what California used to be like, back when government was much smaller, laws were a lot less restrictive, taxes were lower, and we had a thriving aerospace industry.  Nearly all of what's wrong with California now is the fault of government and the people who voted it in.  The place attracted too many people who thought they deserved a free living.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#21]
That's how I felt when I left California.  Horribly managed state.  Too free with the spending, too easy with the handouts, both of which crush the taxpayer and stifle development.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:35:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Learn to spell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Learn to spell.

Learn to swim.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats on escaping.

This!

Sadly, when the water runs out, many of the idiots he's leaving behind will be escaping too.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:40:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have to disagree. SF is a shit hole. Yeah some areas where the tourists congregate are cool just cuz but the city as a whole is a shit hole.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's the year my family moved here from Kansas - I was four and my mom was pregnant - Seeking economic opportunity, freedom (!), good schools for the kids, and all the great climate, food, etc.  Life was pretty good for a long time.

We managed to partly contain the damage from the onslaught of bloated, authoritarian government for a while.  Proposition 13 in 1978, which I voted for, was a genuine coup de etats.  But eventually the big-government nanny state model took over.

Those of us who got in early have managed to hang on to a piece of the original dream.  And there is still room for bright, ambitious people like our friend Drsalee to establish a foothold and live a good life.  I've done pretty well for myself, and generally have a good life.  My circumstances don't allow me the luxury of packing it in and moving somewhere else, and frankly I'm not enthusiastic about taking up actual residence elsewhere.  There are problems in and traits that render EVERY state undesirable for me.  I have little tolerance for hot, humid weather and am not a big fan of snow and ice.

My plan is to get my home paid off and slide into retirement in several years.  I am considering getting a place in a state with no personal income tax to establish an official residence, so I can continue to live here and not feed the beast any of my retirement income.  That will be MY way of telling California (the government, that is) to suck it.

Most people are too young to remember or simply don't know what California used to be like, back when government was much smaller, laws were a lot less restrictive, taxes were lower, and we had a thriving aerospace industry.  Nearly all of what's wrong with California now is the fault of government and the people who voted it in.  The place attracted too many people who thought they deserved a free living.

View Quote

Go to Knoxville, TN my friend.  It has some of the mildest weather in the South.  

I'm sorry to hear about all of the changes. I guess these things are inevitable when the inmates run the asylum.

That is one of the reasons why I like my state so much.  We've managed to hold off the bums for the most part and even our democrats are afraid to make much noise.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Too bad California is filled with Californians.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:53:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have to disagree. SF is a shit hole. Yeah some areas where the tourists congregate are cool just cuz but the city as a whole is a shit hole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We stuck mostly to the Wharf, although we did venture out into the outlying 'burbs and went off to see the various forests & famous attractions.  

It reminded me in some ways of Birmingham, AL.  It's a beautiful city marred with trash although our trash isn't on the same level as San Fran's is.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You moving here? Good choice. Vote appropriately.
View Quote

This +1000000
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:56:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Congrats on your escape!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:56:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Congrats OP.  It feels damn good to move from a communist state to America.  I did it myself a few months ago and am happier than ever.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Good morning !
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#32]
South side of Phoenix.. 10/S and Elliot... Found a grassy spot to crash for an hour...

Kittez are present... And dag...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Congrats OP.  It feels damn good to move from a communist state to America.  I did it myself a few months ago and am happier than ever.
View Quote

In a few years you might have to move again
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#34]
They do make some great Smoothies.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Learn to spell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Learn to spell.

He's out of your jurisdiction.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

There is NOTHING wrong with a lot of the people here, and there are idiots in every state.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

You remembered to bring the cat, right?
View Quote
Hell, that's who I imagine is driving

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

There is NOTHING wrong with a lot of the people here, and there are idiots in every state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of them are members here.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.  Present company excluded.  
It's a perception from non Californians point of view.  You gotta admit you are a political minority in that state.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#40]
It's Hotel California, and you can never leave
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#42]
You're just passing through, right?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:21:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says the guy from NH. LOL!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Drive safe brother. I would take you to lunch if you were here a little later. What part of TX are you moving too?

Is the family flying out?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Too bad California is filled with Californians Liberal immigrants from the East.
View Quote

FIFY. It was great until they found out about the place.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Are you gonna splurge on real guns and high capacity mags?

Jack and Pew are Texas kittehs now!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

do NOT stop in Quartzite.  Dumbest place on the planet.  The gene pool needs a heavy shock of chlorine.  Your IQ will drop simply rolling down your window.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Where's the hot inky wife?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Congrats on escaping.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Welcome to America!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top