User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if I have reached the level of deadly force, you are saying that I should limit the number of shots that I take?

Are there, like, different levels of deadly force?  Like maybe if they have a machete I can use 4 rounds.  If they have a revolver I can use 7.  A bazooka and I get to use a whole mag.

Like totally.
View Quote

If your backdrop is a crowd of innocent people and you shoot like an average LEO, then hell yes you should!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Silhouette targets.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If your backdrop is a crowd of innocent people and you shoot like an average LEO, then hell yes you should!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if I have reached the level of deadly force, you are saying that I should limit the number of shots that I take?

Are there, like, different levels of deadly force?  Like maybe if they have a machete I can use 4 rounds.  If they have a revolver I can use 7.  A bazooka and I get to use a whole mag.

Like totally.

Was the officers background (in this case) a crowd of innocent people?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish folks would take half a second and find out the facts about this, instead of going off half-cocked like, say, a liberal in Fergudishu.

Bad guy was hit with 3 bullets, not six, not eight, not nine, etc.  I don't know, and have not seen any reports of, how many shots the cop fired.  But he had 3 hits.

That's not what the coroner said on Hannity the other day.

Which coroner?  There are six gunshot wounds, but they were caused by three bullets.

The second one, not the original and not the family one.

Said there (iirc) six bullets and more than six wounds. Some re-entries. Some exits.

I've no idea what the truth is. Just relating what the man said. If I'm mis-remembering, I apologize in advance.

At least 6 times according to the New York  Slimes that they report that is in  a preliminary autopsy report.  All gun shots striking Brown came from the front, which I believe corroborates the officer's account that Brown reversed his direction to come back at the officer.

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/08/18/us/SUB-JP-BROWN-2/SUB-JP-BROWN-2-master495.jpg

"FERGUSON, Mo. — Michael Brown, the unarmed black teenager who was killed by a police officer, sparking protests around the nation, was shot at least six times, including twice in the head, a preliminary private autopsy performed on Sunday found.

One of the bullets entered the top of Mr. Brown’s skull, suggesting his head was bent forward when it struck him and caused a fatal injury, according to Dr. Michael M. Baden, the former chief medical examiner for the City of New York, who flew to Missouri on Sunday at the family’s request to conduct the separate autopsy. It was likely the last of bullets to hit him, he said.

Mr. Brown, 18, was also shot four times in the right arm, he said, adding that all the bullets were fired into his front.

The bullets did not appear to have been shot from very close range because no gunpowder was present on his body. However, that determination could change if it turns out that there is gunshot residue on Mr. Brown’s clothing, to which Dr. Baden did not have access.  ..." -snip-

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/michael-brown-autopsy-shows-he-was-shot-at-least-6-times.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=2

And again - six gunshot wounds does not mean he was shot six times. As noted on the diagram, there are entry, re-entry, and exit wounds.  All of the right arm wounds are believed to be from the same bullet.  Another bullet was in through the eye, down through the jaw, and into the collarbone.  The third bullet was to the top of the head.

9 holes by my count. Those were very busy bullets.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like totally.

No (at least not that I know of), which is why I'm not complaining about the number of rounds this officer fired. My posts have been referring to average LEO accuracy (which is rather dismal) and the risk they run of hitting innocent bystanders. If you can shoot the bad guy 1,000 times without hitting anyone else, go for it. If you only fire two rounds, but one of them kills innocent little Timmy on his tricycle, FOAD, it was one too many.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
he did putt'em a bit left... I woulda grouped nicer by the 6th or 7th mag
View Quote

Or the attacker was charging with his right side forward, right arm raised about forehead level, back of wrist against or near forehead, body bent towards the officer. This would explain why the shots were in the right side of the body, instead of more centered.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
People like me that only have one eye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who shoots with 1 eye

People like me that only have one eye.
ME too...

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.  Officer got his bells rung HARD, yet still got in 6 hits on target, including at least one head shot (I'm not yet convinced that the top-of-the-head wound isn't an exit hole).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, if it's true, Ferguson owes respect to anyone who can do that.

How hard would it be to hit someone 6/6 times when they're 7ft infront of you?

I think you should do a scientific test.

Have a buddy punch you in the face like he wants to kill you. It has to be hard enough to break your eye socket or it doesn't count.

Then spin around a few times so you can be really disoriented, then shoot a moving target coming towards you.

This.  Officer got his bells rung HARD, yet still got in 6 hits on target, including at least one head shot (I'm not yet convinced that the top-of-the-head wound isn't an exit hole).

If the perp charged with head lowered and partially blocked with right arm up, it is easy to see how the head shot happened.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think it's more the result of the dude he shot being literally on top of him when the bullets were fired.

...and it wasn't 6 shots. IIRC individual bullets caused multiple wounds. That often happens at extremely close ranges when people are tangled up in awkward positions....like they would be in a fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's more the result of the dude he shot being literally on top of him when the bullets were fired.

...and it wasn't 6 shots. IIRC individual bullets caused multiple wounds. That often happens at extremely close ranges when people are tangled up in awkward positions....like they would be in a fight.

eye is fucked up, just been beaten in the car, punk is running at him, cut him some slack he did fine.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not sure how to embed

not a single person was hit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure how to embed

not a single person was hit.

ah.
such diversity.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
the perp attacked the officer inside the car at first then he ran away (perp),  the officer chased after him,  then he stopped and started talking shit then rushed the officer,  that is when he popped him.  his eye was busted during the struggle inside the vehicle.

That is what I have gathered from Rush and other news outlets.
View Quote

LOL. Rush Limburger is NOT, repeat, NOT a "news outlet", a reporter or by ANY stretch of the imagination, a credible news source.He is an entertainer.  I suggest  a sampling of news sources, critically evaluating them to try and discern the truth.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not giving the officer a hard time...simply explaining the reality of it. The dude was huge and he was close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
eye is fucked up, just been beaten in the car, punk is running at him, cut him some slack he did fine.

I'm not giving the officer a hard time...simply explaining the reality of it. The dude was huge and he was close.

Every one here knows what happened.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know what happened. But if the officer got his face broken by this guy and managed to shoot him dead despite his injuries, I say good.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You should get your little tank icon!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you should do a test scientific.

Have a buddy punch you in the face like he wants to kill you. It has to be hard enough to break your eye socket or it doesn't count.

Then spin around a few times so you can be really disoriented, then shoot a moving target coming towards you.

I've tested that theory before. In war. Still here. Thankx. Bye.

You should get your little tank icon!

So just because i dont have that icon it means i didnt serve?  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Get a little tank icon beside your name or else I am raising the bullshit flag.

Dammit..beat by a few secs

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a little tank icon beside your name or else I am raising the bullshit flag.

Dammit..beat by a few secs

You might want to be careful here, I served and so did my other Family members here and none of us sent in our DD 214 to get the tank, part lazy and part I was in the Navy so until they get a Ship Icon, no thanks  

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No (at least not that I know of), which is why I'm not complaining about the number of rounds this officer fired. My posts have been referring to average LEO accuracy (which is rather dismal) and the risk they run of hitting innocent bystanders. If you can shoot the bad guy 1,000 times without hitting anyone else, go for it. If you only fire two rounds, but one of them kills innocent little Timmy on his tricycle, FOAD, it was one too many.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Then what was the point of bringing it up?

Quoted:
Quoted:
When will we all agree that the number of rounds is irrelevant?  Because it is.

I bet there are some wounded bystanders in NYC that might disagree.

I was talking about THIS officer in THIS situation.  

Regardless of that, I still don't agree with your assertion....completely.  I agree that a backdrop should be a consideration, thus the reason for it being one of the four cardinal firearm rules.....for everyone, not just cops.  But I don't agree that there is a certain number where it becomes too many rounds.  If you risk hitting someone innocent, don't take the fucking shot.  Of course there are exceptions to this and sometimes you must take the risk to mitigate the loss that is imminent.  Personally I'm not taking the shot unless I'm sure of it and I'm not risking innocent lives.

But to say that deadly force is met and the officer is justified in shooting three times but not four is quite ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Said like a true basement dweller.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing you've never had to do it.  Ask someone who has.  Watch a dash cam where two people shoot at each other from a few feet away and miss each other a dozen times.

So, the other guy was shooting at the officer? My apologies then.
Said like a true basement dweller.  

Hes a 13er. Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

LOL. Rush Limburger is NOT, repeat, NOT a "news outlet", a reporter or by ANY stretch of the imagination, a credible news source.He is an entertainer.  I suggest  a sampling of news sources, critically evaluating them to try and discern the truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the perp attacked the officer inside the car at first then he ran away (perp),  the officer chased after him,  then he stopped and started talking shit then rushed the officer,  that is when he popped him.  his eye was busted during the struggle inside the vehicle.

That is what I have gathered from Rush and other news outlets.

YEAH !

Like MSNBC and CNN and REV. Jessie Jackson.......?

Perhaps the Gov. of MO?

Oh, I know, Don Lemon, or Al Sharpton.........Those bastions of truth and justice.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Years ago a lot of cops were not winning, dominating or getting shot in gunfights that a pretty vocal part of the training community said came from being ingrained in training to shot single shots and doubles in standard firearms qualification.  A lot of average regular Joe's were shooting what they were programmed to do through repetition in training.  Bang-Bang, "oh shit why is he shooting at me!!".    

Regardless of that, I still don't agree with your assertion....completely.  I agree that a backdrop should be a consideration, thus the reason for it being one of the four cardinal firearm rules.....for everyone, not just cops.  But I don't agree that there is a certain number where it becomes too many rounds.  If you risk hitting someone innocent, don't take the fucking shot.  Of course there are exceptions to this and sometimes you must take the risk to mitigate the loss that is imminent.  Personally I'm not taking the shot unless I'm sure of it and I'm not risking innocent lives.

But to say that deadly force is met and the officer is justified in shooting three times but not four is quite ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
When will we all agree that the number of rounds is irrelevant?  Because it is.

I bet there are some wounded bystanders in NYC that might disagree.

Years ago a lot of cops were not winning, dominating or getting shot in gunfights that a pretty vocal part of the training community said came from being ingrained in training to shot single shots and doubles in standard firearms qualification.  A lot of average regular Joe's were shooting what they were programmed to do through repetition in training.  Bang-Bang, "oh shit why is he shooting at me!!".    

A lot more emphasis now on shooting until the threat is down or no longer a threat.  FATS/Simulators, Force on Force/Simunitions and realistic shooting courses outside of qualification (really a demonstration of applying proper technique to assess the ability of the shooter to meet a minimum or higher passing score under a time limit) have addressed the reality that some gunfights may be over in one round and some may be over when your at the bottom of your magazine or even after reloading.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Fuck off. Your ancestors were "transplants" themselves. Everyone came from somewhere. Including your family. You don't insult me. You can't.  I cherish and value the privilege to be an American citizen and to have the rights here that I have. Or the freedoms. Too bad half of your populace is too dumb to figure that out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We were born with the right to be ungrateful.  It's a culture you'll never understand since you are a transplant.  If you don't like how they act go back to your dumpster of a country and wallow in goat shit like the rest of your degenerate populace.

Fuck off. Your ancestors were "transplants" themselves. Everyone came from somewhere. Including your family. You don't insult me. You can't.  I cherish and value the privilege to be an American citizen and to have the rights here that I have. Or the freedoms. Too bad half of your populace is too dumb to figure that out.

Looks like bulletandgrunt hit the right nerve.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We were born with the right to be ungrateful.  It's a culture you'll never understand since you are a transplant.  If you don't like how they act go back to your dumpster of a country and wallow in goat shit like the rest of your degenerate populace.

Yep. Just another mouth breather that was more then happy to move to America, then immediately tries to change our culture to be more like the one he left.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't know what happened. But if the officer got his face broken by this guy and managed to shoot him dead despite his injuries, I say good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, if as told, that is one hard muther fucking Hombre, and he deserves our respect.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yep, if as told, that is one hard muther fucking Hombre, and he deserves our respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems like a good shoot to me, someone smashes your face, you shoot them.

Cop is probably fucked regardless, though. Even if he gets no-billed, or indicted and acquitted, the DOJ is gonna go after him.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Cop is probably fucked regardless, though. Even if he gets no-billed, or indicted and acquitted, the DOJ is gonna go after him.
View Quote

Our government would never do that, double jeopardy and all that, Holder truly respects the Constitution,.......doesn't he? well does he? ...........oh, never mind.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I dunno, everyone said that the DOJ would crucify Zimmerman after he was acquitted, but they haven't touched him.  I know this one is different because a police officer is involved, but DOJ has stayed out of it before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our government would never do that, double jeopardy and all that, Holder truly respects the Constitution,.......doesn't he? well does he? ...........oh, never mind.

I dunno, everyone said that the DOJ would crucify Zimmerman after he was acquitted, but they haven't touched him.  I know this one is different because a police officer is involved, but DOJ has stayed out of it before.

There is precedent, think Rodney King.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

we see alot of wounds with entries into the head and shoulders, they are usually the result of shots being fired and the patient falling over or bending over from being hit.

not uncommon at all. just because you bend over and go "OUCH" from a GSW doesn't mean you are out of the fight or looking to tag out to your team mate.
from what I have seen and the people I have worked on- when LEO"s fire, they really pull off some fast trigger times. several casings flying.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm talking about a relevant DOJ - the one that's in now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is precedent, think Rodney King.

I'm talking about a relevant DOJ - the one that's in now.

You don't think Holder will build on other's actions?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Then why are you asking if it would be hard?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why are you asking if it would be hard?

Nicely played.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#33]
The cop will be fine and found NG, then we gonna see some riots.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#34]
*singing* That's why I say hey man nice shot...What a good shot man...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Last night on Hannity, the Brown family attorney claimed Officer Wilson was a bad shot.  Skip to 4:30 if you don't want to watch the entire clip.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

a conservative black female that is a student of alternative metal.
you never cease to amaze...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#37]
I wonder if in the car struggle the cop had his head beat on the cage and that is how his eye socket was broken.
That is deadly force if so?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#38]
I was wondering why he pulled all those shots left.  Makes sense now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

considering stress, considering his wound, considering target running at him, and that he stayed on target pretty good if you ask me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love Filter!! But I love most Alternative...Heck I like a lot of metal...

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

considering stress, considering his wound, considering target running at him, and that he stayed on target pretty good if you ask me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not criticizing, just wondering why consistently left.  Usually you see shots all over the place.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not criticizing, just wondering why consistently left.  Usually you see shots all over the place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect that according to the diagram he shot consistently centered, that the gremlin had his arms outstretched to grab a hold of the shooter, this would have placed the arm in front of his body, the coups de grace was at the last split second when he was able to regain his center while shooting point blank. Considering the circumstances, fine shooting, damn fine shooting, too bad his dash cam was not working, it would be a shooting for the academy, a good instructional vid on the importance of stress shooting and the necessity of being prepared for every shooting situation.Even an apparently unarmed subject is capable of killing you, how you respond to the threat will mean your life or death.  He stayed cool apparently and stayed focused, he is one tough guy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I suspect that according to the diagram he shot consistently centered, that the gremlin had his arms outstretched to grab a hold of the shooter, this would have placed the arm in front of his body, the coups de grace was at the last split second when he was able to regain his center while shooting point blank. Considering the circumstances, fine shooting, damn fine shooting, too bad his dash cam was not working, it would be a shooting for the academy, a good instructional vid on the importance of stress shooting and the necessity of being prepared for every shooting situation.Even an apparently unarmed subject is capable of killing you, how you respond to the threat will mean your life or death.  He stayed cool apparently and stayed focused, he is one tough guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the last month or so, I have seen 4 separate stories about people being beaten to death on my local news (nyc). In 3 of those killings, the victim was only struck once.

And that "child" was what, 6'2", 250 lbs?

Again, good shoot, and I hope the officer stays out of prison.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In the last month or so, I have seen 4 separate stories about people being beaten to death on my local news (nyc). In 3 of those killings, the victim was only struck once.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try 6' 4" and closer to 320, or so I've heard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot harder than most people expect.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top