Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do you hate yourself OP?

Tell us, maybe we can help.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never particularly liked the XD.  Probably one of the ugliest pistols ever made, and more complicated than it needs to be.

I FINALLY got to shoot an XDm a few weeks ago, and it's a nice enough shooter, it's not ugly like the XD, and it has a better trigger... Still has the major problem of the series though.. your hand sits so low on the frame that it makes a Sig look like it has a low bore axis.

OP, don't you already own a Glock 17? Go buy mags for that.. if you don't and I'm mistaken, go buy a Glock 17, it's just a better all around pistol.
View Quote

I do have a Glock 17, and I have six mags for it. I'm not in love with it, and I don't trust it.

I keep it as a reference piece, and because sometimes, I just want to play with a Glock.

The 17L is a blip on my radar, though...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Ew.

Slavjunk

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Grip safety, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an XD(m)45 and an XD(m)9mm. Love them both.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in a similar boat. I'd like a 5.25" stainless 9mm
I have no idea why

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#7]
You don't trust a 17, but you want an HS2000?

All my lols have been spent on this post.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered an XDm 5.25 9mm bitone earlier this week.

I had the same itch, gotta get scratched.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a fan of the XDm. I have about 4,500 rounds through my XDm 9 and the last 2,000 or so without any cleaning and a lot of abuse. Not a single malfunction.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You don't trust a 17, but you want an HS2000?

All my lols have been spent on this post.
View Quote

My first Glock, a Gen3 G19, went back to the factory for service. I traded it and don't miss it.

My second Glock, a Gen4 G17, went back to the factory after only 70 rounds. They scrapped it.

My third Glock is a factory replacement for the G17, and its ejection is still a bit sketchy and erratic.

If I buy a Springfield, it won't go into any serious use role without a good shakedown.

My Berettas and CZs have been flawless, so I'm covered.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#11]
in the 9/40 realm. I have:
Glock 17
Glock 22 (w/LW 9 barrel and spring)
Beretta 96G
Springfield XD 40 ported
Springfield XDm 9 full size
S&W M&P Pro long slide 40

The XDm is my best shooting gun by far. Second to the G22 with the 9 barrel (I don't know why either, but several friends have all gotten the same results vs my G17)
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Use a little Gold Bond powder and maybe it will go away.

gd
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I really like the trigger on the xdm, particularly over a glock.  I'm pretty sure it's a fully tensioned striker.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really like the trigger on the xdm, particularly over a glock.  I'm pretty sure it's a fully tensioned striker.
View Quote

More like a fully tensioned turd
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a XD9 and its been a good gun for me, been considering a XDM, this gear up deal adds to the fire.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I like my XD9.  It fits my hand, goes bang when I pull the trigger, hits what I aim at.

I'll probably pick up the compact version pretty soon for something a little easier to carry.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll leave this here.

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/category.sc;jsessionid=3C092D8AB85DC638189F16D19593B862.m1plqscsfapp04?categoryId=3

I have the drop-in trigger (I think) and it's a worthwhile upgrade.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good one.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yep. Single action striker fired.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I handled the new 4" single stack yesterday too. I liked that

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll leave this here.

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/category.sc;jsessionid=3C092D8AB85DC638189F16D19593B862.m1plqscsfapp04?categoryId=3

View Quote

How does that compare to other triggers?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Have 2 XD's that have been great pistols. Love them, and trust them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#23]
It's pretty funny, in this thread you can see the people who have actually used or owned an XD, versus the people just spouting internet bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Go for the XDM, preferably the 5.25 in 9mm.   I have two of those for Production division and they're pretty accurate.  The sights are good to go out of the box, the trigger isn't bad (though I swapped in a PRP unit), and having 19+1 mag capacity is nice.  

I'm really not interested in any of the other XDMs, but the 5.25s are sweet.

<a href="http://s241.photobucket.com/user/kemays/media/prod-9mm_zps6a7b895f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/kemays/prod-9mm_zps6a7b895f.jpg</a>
View Quote

You really should add a Grand Power K100 to that set.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll leave this here.

The other PRP triggers?  I don't know.   It took about 1.5 to 2 pounds off the stock XDM pull (which isn't what I'd call in dire need of improvement out of the box), and shortened the reset, pretravel and overtravel.  

It feels a bit longer than a tuned M&P trigger but doesn't seem to stack as much.  

The bottom line is that as long as a trigger is 4# or under, and doesn't have a ridiculous reset length, it's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go for the XDM, preferably the 5.25 in 9mm.   I have two of those for Production division and they're pretty accurate.  The sights are good to go out of the box, the trigger isn't bad (though I swapped in a PRP unit), and having 19+1 mag capacity is nice.  

<a href="http://s241.photobucket.com/user/kemays/media/prod-9mm_zps6a7b895f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/kemays/prod-9mm_zps6a7b895f.jpg</a>

There is one sitting in a consignment case locally that I've looked at a couple times, but I admit to not caring much for them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
$100 price difference?  I always though the differences between the two were more or less cosmetic.
View Quote

False. Faster trigger reset, match grade barrel, backstraps and a melonite finish separates the XDM from the XD.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Grip safety, I'll pass.
View Quote

Please elaborate.

The grip safety on my XDs have yet to cause a problem in ten+ years of use and easily 25K+ rounds at this point.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#29]
my wife has an XDM 9mm and as much as I try to get myself to hate the gun it is a nice shooter and fits my hand good. A friend of mine has the 3.8 version with a PRP trigger and TFO sights and it is a very nice shooting gun. I have a G17 and even though its 100% reliable it doesn't fit my hand worth a crap(it was an impulse buy) and I'm going to sell it and buy an XDM.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Please elaborate.

The grip safety on my XDs have yet to cause a problem in ten+ years of use and easily 25K+ rounds at this point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Grip safety, I'll pass.

Please elaborate.

People don't like the grip safety because it could render the gun inoperable in a situation where you've lost the use of your hands and have to shoot somebody using your feet.  Or something.  I'm pretty sure it involves halberds.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Glock wannabe?
View Quote

Every long term Glock user that has fired my XD did not want to give it back to me.  (also a long term Glock user)

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

There is one sitting in a consignment case locally that I've looked at a couple times, but I admit to not caring much for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you shot one? Smoothest shooting centerfire pistol I've ever encountered. Add to that the a great trigger and Condition 1 carry and I think they're a real winner.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's pretty funny, in this thread you can see the people who have actually used or owned an XD, versus the people Glock fanboys just spouting internet bullshit.
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

People don't like the grip safety because it could render the gun inoperable in a situation where you've lost the use of your hands and have to shoot somebody using your feet.  Or something.  I'm pretty sure it involves halberds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grip safety, I'll pass.

Please elaborate.

Have yet to be able to manipulate my hand to where I could still pull the trigger without having the grip safety engaged. People are haters for no reason. It's a Glock and a 1911 mixed. Great trigger and grip angle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'll leave this here.

View Quote

Too bad you can't drop a Glock into it
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Okay, it's semi random. There are incentives involved. My local shop has the standard XD line marked at $450 and the XDm line marked at $550.

<Billy_Mays> But wait... There's more! </Billy_Mays>

Springfield Armory is running a promotion where, if you buy any Springfield Armory pistol, they'll send you three magazines and one of their double mag carrier things for free.

http://gearup.springfield-armory.com/Gearup.asp

I've never been a Springfield Armory fan, and I tend to see them as a glorified marketing company, but that's a pretty solid deal.

Finances are such that I can't just jump in it with a spur of the moment decision, but I've got time, and suddenly, I'm thinking about it.
View Quote

I like my XDm. a lot. I have a Springer Precision trigger kit and hiviz fiber optic front sight. You're in KC, right? PM me if you want to shoot it, I was probably going to go shooting this weekend anyway.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I LOVE my XDm 9mm!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll leave this here.

I like it better when my brass doesn't get thrown at my face, and I also like being able to seat my bullets out past the SAAMI minimum length.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Please elaborate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Grip safety, I'll pass.

Please elaborate.

In my experience it's nearly impossible to hold an XD and not depress the grip safety. It might as well not be there.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's pretty funny, in this thread you can see the people who have actually used or owned an XD, versus the people just spouting internet bullshit.
View Quote

Are you assuming that everyone who says they own one and like it are the folks who have actually used/owned, and the folks who don't like it have not?

Because I've definitely put a few rounds through one, and it was no better than a Glock while having the achilles heel of a grip safety.

As I said, I'll pass.  There are better designs for similar money out there.  I'm glad you like yours, I hope it works well for you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Please elaborate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grip safety, I'll pass.

Please elaborate.

Oh, it's not the specific grip safety on the XD, it's grip safeties in general that I have an issue with.

I'm so glad that yours has been so reliable, that's great for you.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I once read a true story of two guns in water.  The XD failed and Glock kept going.  

Glock for me...thank you.
View Quote

This comes in handy when I'm shooting groups in the swimming pool.....  

I have a XD40 and XDM 45 that I got the 3 mag carrier deal and have never had any issues with either.   More than happy.  ~ 10K through both pistols.  

I also like that you don't have to pull the trigger to remove the slide on the XDM..... In before the make sure the chamber is clear crowd.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll leave this here.

I have the Springer Precision, and I have dryfired a guys powder river kit.

Both lighten it up. The Springer kit I think is bit shorter and crisper than stock. I definitely have a smoother pull. The difference between the Powder and Springer kits that I can tell is this - the Powder kit makes the trigger parts start moving early in the pull, and then has a set screw to stop the pull. With out that screw you would have a lot of over travel So when you pull the trigger, something is happening. Caution, the guy I talked to had his set on the edge. He said if it got real cold the gun wouldn't actually fire as the trigger didn't travel far enough. He would have had to adjust the screw.

The Springer kit then has wasted movement at the beginning of the pull. Half the pull is you just moving the trigger. When you do finally get to the part the trigger moves, then the pull and release is very similar to the Powder. The Springer doesn't have a stop screw, but there really isn't any over travel in the pull. Both have a short reset.

So basically the Powder makes the gun fire earlier in the pull, and you have a lot of travel after the shot which is stopped with a screw. The Springer makes the gun fire later in the pull, so you have extra travel in the front, but no over travel after the sear drop. Both have a short reset. With the springer you dont have to fully release the trigger each pull. so that wasted pull in front maybe isnt a big deal.

I dunno - if I had to do it over again, Id maybe have gone with the Powder.  But it isn't so much better that I want to swap it with the Springer.

Also - while YMMV - I have proably at least 1000 round down it with mostly cheap ammo and I have yet to have a malfunction. I had one round that didnt feed, and it was from the case not being properly trimmed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Usually when I have the desire to buy a shitty gun, I end up with a 1911.

Then I remember why I hate them, and sell it.

At least OP is trying to diversify a bit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Usually when I have the desire to buy a shitty gun, I end up with a 1911.

Then I remember why I hate them, and sell it.

At least OP is trying to diversify a bit.
View Quote

You seem to be on a roll
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, 2 here, both excellent.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Opinions are like rectum's everybody has one but as for me, I love my XDM 3.8 compact in 9mm.  I also put it with a Tango holster and together very comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I like my XDm. a lot. I have a Springer Precision trigger kit and hiviz fiber optic front sight. You're in KC, right? PM me if you want to shoot it, I was probably going to go shooting this weekend anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay, it's semi random. There are incentives involved. My local shop has the standard XD line marked at $450 and the XDm line marked at $550.

<Billy_Mays> But wait... There's more! </Billy_Mays>

Springfield Armory is running a promotion where, if you buy any Springfield Armory pistol, they'll send you three magazines and one of their double mag carrier things for free.

http://gearup.springfield-armory.com/Gearup.asp

I've never been a Springfield Armory fan, and I tend to see them as a glorified marketing company, but that's a pretty solid deal.

Finances are such that I can't just jump in it with a spur of the moment decision, but I've got time, and suddenly, I'm thinking about it.

Which barrel length do you have?

I have family coming into town this weekend, so I'm going to be a bit occupied, but I might sneak out to PGC tomorrow evening. Ladies USPSA has the indoor range, but I should probably take advantage of the outdoor range while the air is warm and the days are long.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a 4.5in bitone in 9mm. Friday is no good, I'm out with the kiddo, but if you want to meet sometime I'm around. Should make it to USPSA tuesday.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a full size XD9, XDSC9, & XDS9. All great shooters.

Do it..

Do it...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top