Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/20/2014 11:20:51 AM EDT
I graduated several years ago, and I'll be taking a proofs based math class, for "personal enrichment".

Anyone else? Bueller?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Nerd. I ain't never going back.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You have to realize a lot of us here in Afrcom land are old fucks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, graduated may 2013 and haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I said the same thing not too long ago...

Hopefully I won't be the old creeper in that class.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm taking a class next month for a certification that'll pretty well ensure me employment and the ability to write my own ticket for the rest of my life.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I dropped out of my Masters program to be paid more than what I would of earned after my degree.  So no.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes.
Graduated spring '14
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#8]
fuck!
the wife starts school soon. i fucking hate semesters!
her stress level triples, sex life cut by at least 50%
sucks sucks sucks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm taking a class next month for a certification that'll pretty well ensure me employment and the ability to write my own ticket for the rest of my life.
View Quote

CCIE?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

CCIE?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CCIE?

CWI

You couldn't pay me enough to be an IT guy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Took one grad level class many years ago; never had any desire to go back.  Even if i wanted to I just shipped my eldest off to Vanderbilt with 2 more coming behind her, so all extra funds for the next 8-10 years will be going to my kids' education, not mine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

But, on occasion I still have dreams (nightmares) about Engineering classes, even though it was multiple decades ago.

How I made it thru still boggles my mind.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Me.

Going to be a rough next two years finishing up.  Organic Chem, Calc, Physics, Bio xInfinity (Ecology, Cell Biology, Genetics, etc).
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Starting third semester in Masters program for Systems Engineering.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.

But, on occasion I still have dreams (nightmares) about Engineering classes, even though it was multiple decades ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I had a nightmare about statics about 2 weeks ago. I had a test problem that was doing shear and bending moment diagrams, and the loadings were these crazy ass fractal-like ones.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
No
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I graduated in may and have considered going back part time for a masters since I got a job in the same area as the university.

But no, I haven't made any real moves past thinking about it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Been doing a part-time MBA program for the past 2 years.  Finishing it up in December.  Cannot wait to not drive down to Pittsburgh anymore.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I am. Theology. Jr. this year
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I graduated in May, but I might take a ground school class in the Spring.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Started my BS in Comp Sci on Monday.

This is gonna be a lot more challenging than my first go at college.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Yep. I'll be a Junior.

BS in Biology.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Start semester 3 (of 6) on Monday for my Masters.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Me.

Going to be a rough next two years finishing up.  Organic Chem, Calc, Physics, Bio xInfinity (Ecology, Cell Biology, Genetics, etc).
View Quote

I've had all of those, and I had Organic 2, Physics 2, and Ecology all last semester. Prepare your anus.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Taking an online course in Java programming, starts today.  More to follow if this works out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Who has time?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've had all of those, and I had Organic 2, Physics 2, and Ecology all last semester. Prepare your anus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me.

My plan for O-Chem is to do 1 and 2 during the Summer's intensive session.  Every summer I have taken a full load, but with the O-Chem I'm just going to do them alone and knock them out.  That'll finish off chem for my undergrad.  It's all of the Bio's I still have remaining, along with physics that I'm most afraid of.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#29]
In the home stretch of my Emergency Management and Planning AAS.  From there I will be moving on to a public policy program.  I will be in school for the rest of my life (by choice.)  I love learning and even if I didn't do it in school, I would still seek out other avenues of learning.  I just try to stay away from the doctrinal (read: Marxist) programs and schools.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#30]
starting next monday

quit my job i have had for the last 9 years to go back to school
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Me.

View Quote

Took Organic 2, Physics 2, Computational Neuroscience, and Molecular bio in one semester. I wanted to fucking kill myself.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I am just finishing Summer quarter, starting Fall quarter in a few weeks, on top of working full time. Unfortunately weekends are for catching up on any reading I missed during the week.
All I can say is "I'm Tiiiired sarge"...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep. Started today...err yesterday actually.

Junior year of BS in Geography (GIS)
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're never too old to learn.

I have to learn new things all the time.  Even outside of work, I don't think I could let myself stagnate.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Summer quarter finals are tomorrow. But yeah, I'll be back next month.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I am. Getting into the meat of my civil engineering degree in the next couple years. Should be fun...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Yup.  Starting year 3 of working towards a mining engineering degree.  5th year in college
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

i'm a fairly old fuck, and will be finishing up my grad coursework this semester--taking a last GIS course for my applied geography MS.

and then there's that thesis thingy...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Took Organic 2, Physics 2, Computational Neuroscience, and Molecular bio in one semester. I wanted to fucking kill myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me.

Yea, fuck that.

Good thing is this is the last semester I'll be taking any Chem's and a Bio together (given that I do the O-Chem's alone in the summer).  

Since I transferred to my new school (due to PCS), I now have a new foreign language requirement that I didn't have before..... 2 fucking years of it.  I think I'm going to do American Sign Language rather than Spanish, French or German.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My plan for O-Chem is to do 1 and 2 during the Summer's intensive session.  Every summer I have taken a full load, but with the O-Chem I'm just going to do them alone and knock them out.  That'll finish off chem for my undergrad.  It's all of the Bio's I still have remaining, along with physics that I'm most afraid of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me.

Calculus based physics covering electricity and magnetism?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#41]
This is my first semester where I don't have to take any classes. I got my free complimentary masters degree in the mail yesterday.

I do have to teach tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Starting again on the 26th.

Haven't stepped foot in a college classroom in 6 years.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:38:05 AM EDT
[#44]
I haven't set a foot in a class room in over 2 years.  It's nice to be making some money finally.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Nope had some stuff comeup that was supposed to prevent me from going to class for the first two weeks off, so instead I am looking for a fulltime job till January.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:23:39 AM EDT
[#46]
I graduated 12 years ago.  I'm starting back Monday.  Excited and slightly nervous especially with a 7 month old.  Thankfully just six courses away from my goal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me.

Yes, but in Spanish
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Turned 45 yesterday, going back to school on Monday after 21 years off... good luck to me ;) I'm roughly a junior by credit hours and they all still count, but I'm starting a completely new major (Applied Mathematics) so I have all the way to go in that area.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I start Monday.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Turned 45 yesterday, going back to school on Monday after 21 years off... good luck to me ;) I'm roughly a junior by credit hours and they all still count, but I'm starting a completely new major (Applied Mathematics) so I have all the way to go in that area.
View Quote

that's awesome, man.  you'll realize very quickly that school is wasted on the young.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top