BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question for our Iraq Veterans, Did/could journalist carry weapons for protection while in Iraq during US Military occupation?
View Quote

As a journalist embedded with the US military you were not allowed to carry anything which
could be construed to be a weapon, including a knife, multi-tool or any sharp or pointed instrument.
Period.

What happened outside the wire was entirely up the guys you were with............
No one wanted to end up in a video like that..........

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
And my tax dollars funded it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They've been coming in from the southern border. Not to mention the sleeper cells that have been here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That shit is coming here. Folks better prepare. The military will have it's hands tied due to some stupid rules of engagement and it will be up to the citizenry to stop this bullshit in it's tracks.

Please elaborate on the logistics of this massive US mainland invasion by ISIS?  

They've been coming in from the southern border. Not to mention the sleeper cells that have been here.

This. ^^^
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
When the fuck is our dickless leadership going to call a spade a spade? These fucking cockroaches needs to be erased from all time and space.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That shit is coming here. Folks better prepare. The military will have it's hands tied due to some stupid rules of engagement and it will be up to the citizenry to stop this bullshit in it's tracks.

Really? You can't think of a single way they could start operating here?

I need to start watching you. I believe I will.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I respectfully disagree. I know what these animals do and watching their videos does not add to the reality. Watching their videos is exactly what they want. It furthers their cause.
It is another form of terrorism. I will no longer give them the satisfaction.

I've seen these things. It is not something I believe most people would gain any benefit from viewing. If you need watch an enemy butcher someone to appreciate the need to exterminate them, then by all means. For me, just knowing what they've done and what they're capable of is enough. They are sub-human and need to be destroyed with extreme prejudice. It's unfortunate that their destruction will likely require substantial collateral damage. My only fear is that the American public will not have the stomach to allow what is necessary to complete the mission. They need to understand that this is not Vietnam. Most Americans suffer from short term memory. I believe it will take another attack on American soil before the sleeping giant awakens to turn off the reality shows and get down to real world business.This of course, is only my humble opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, when they do this shit, is it quick, or slow? I can't watch the video. I didn't watch the Pearl video.
It depends on the knife really. Most seem to be dull.    

People need to watch these videos, not for the gore though. People must see what our enemy does.

I respectfully disagree. I know what these animals do and watching their videos does not add to the reality. Watching their videos is exactly what they want. It furthers their cause.

I've seen these things. It is not something I believe most people would gain any benefit from viewing. If you need watch an enemy butcher someone to appreciate the need to exterminate them, then by all means. For me, just knowing what they've done and what they're capable of is enough. They are sub-human and need to be destroyed with extreme prejudice. It's unfortunate that their destruction will likely require substantial collateral damage. My only fear is that the American public will not have the stomach to allow what is necessary to complete the mission. They need to understand that this is not Vietnam. Most Americans suffer from short term memory. I believe it will take another attack on American soil before the sleeping giant awakens to turn off the reality shows and get down to real world business.This of course, is only my humble opinion.

This is why I will not view these videos. It is what they want.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

<snip>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, when they do this shit, is it quick, or slow? I can't watch the video. I didn't watch the Pearl video.
It depends on the knife really. Most seem to be dull.    

People need to watch these videos, not for the gore though. People must see what our enemy does.

<snip>

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
These videos are why I volunteered go to Iraq the first time around.

I'm ready for a return visit. Hopefully a more lax ROE.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Sexual Sadism as a religion.  Wow...

Go Israel, weapons free.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm so glad Obama is enjoying a vacation away from his arduous work schedule.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nobody can know what that man or his family have been through but them.  MMQuarterbacking "how he went out" is ludicrous.

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Nobody can know what that man or his family have been through but them.  MMQuarterbacking "how he went out" is ludicrous.

Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.

It is completely unfair. You need to post their previous identities too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.

Thanks. I needed that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I would like to go to Gitmo with a truckload of pigs a machete and my video camera.  That would be a decent start.  We need to speak to these folks in a language they understand.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Do the scumbags involved in the capture and beheading of westerners have loved ones?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess we're going back to Iraq...
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I still can't get Burg out of my head so I ain't watching that.
View Quote

The sound was worse.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
Yup.

But... Don't. Get. Caught.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#21]
An excellent look to see how these cock sucking pig fuckers think and their warped ideas about splitting the United States

Going over there and videoing them may be lunacy , but at least make use of their findings the best we can .

VICE News reporter Medyan Dairieh spent three weeks embedded with the
Islamic State, gaining unprecedented access to the group in Iraq and
Syria as the first and only journalist to document its inner workings.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I guess we're going back to Iraq...
View Quote

Says who? At this point, I think we're expecting the Kurds to do all the heavy lifting on this one.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#23]
This makes me want to go over and join in the fighting with the Kurds.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Religion of peace.
View Quote

<Removed. Lets not get this thread locked. -NorCal>
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, you are obtuse.

A couple well trained ISIS members (not like those half-assed Boston donkeys) with western passports hit a crowded venue or two in a US city and it will be a huge cluster-fuck.

Oh we will carry-on but it does not take much to upset the whole apple cart these days.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#26]
So what does The Messiah do now?  ISIL has murdered one American and is threatening to murder another unless we stop our air campaign (such as it is)?

Does he stop?  Does he continue?  Does he expand it to incl Syria?  Will he say or do ANYTHING?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm not going to watch, the others I have seen cannot be unseen. I can only think of one way to deal with this kind of savagery.
View Quote

This. I don't need to see any more of those videos.

And you're right. There is only one way to deal with them and it should have been done a long time ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There is a link to the video in the article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no video. You can read the article.

There is a link to the video in the article.

And when clicked says item is unavailable due to issues with content.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.

A beheading in a beheading thread. The whole world makes sense now.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Agreed.

Article says he'd been held prisoner since Thanksgiving 2012, I don't remember hearing anything about him(?)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not going to watch.

Agreed.

Article says he'd been held prisoner since Thanksgiving 2012, I don't remember hearing anything about him(?)

I might vaguely remember something. Odd, the things the media chooses to report on and what they choose to ignore. They like to say that the world is safe cause Obama says so.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nuke it from orbit.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#36]
The irony is the masked dude who did it is a hard ass on camera but becomes a blubbering, lying, "I didn't do it", pussy when he gets captured and his identity revealed.

In return, we should capture 5 of their guys, throw them in a pig pen, then proceed to hang them upside down from a cross in the burning sun for a slow death. That out to rile them up....

Violence. It's all they understand.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#37]
RIP James. Fuck ISIS to Hell!

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I never watched any of the other ones, I'm damned sure not going to start now.

Fighting ISIS or whatever the fuck they want to call themselves should be a just and worthy fight for the entire world.  Instead we sit on our hands.  Atrocity after atrocity and yet we do nothing.  Evil is winning fellas.  Evil is winning.
View Quote

Those people have been killing each other since before Jesus, and will likely still be doing so after He has come again. I say stop risking our people protecting those who don't want us there, leave and let them continue. This time, we can't even say we're there because of oil(the protesters' rally cry with Bush). Bring our people home to defend us if we're attacked, let the fighting continue until the problem solves itself.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#39]
time to order more ammo and mags....
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Religion of peace.
View Quote

Sure is.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Damn, you are obtuse.

A couple well trained ISIS members (not like those half-assed Boston donkeys) with western passports hit a crowded venue or two in a US city and it will be a huge cluster-fuck.

Oh we will carry-on but it does not take much to upset the whole apple cart these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, you are obtuse.

All they have to do is get to Mexico. The rest is easy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Religion of peace.

Right, wouldn't want to offend the religion of peace...
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The irony is the masked dude who did it is a hard ass on camera but becomes a blubbering, lying, "I didn't do it", pussy when he gets captured and his identity revealed.

In return, we should capture 5 of their guys, throw them in a pig pen, then proceed to hang them upside down from a cross in the burning sun for a slow death. That out to rile them up....

Violence. It's all they understand.
View Quote

This.

Make it 500 though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This. ^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. ^^^

If the border is so easy to penetrate, and these dudes hate America so much, why aren't we seeing these sleepers so often said to exist in arfcom threads blazing away in shopping malls every other weekend?

Occam's razor suggests these vaunted sleeper cells are bullshit. It's almost as if Arabs are into local cavalry-based conflicts.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I used to think that, when we were something to be feared of....but we've since pussified ourselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're poking a very big bear. Only a matter of time.

I used to think that, when we were something to be feared of....but we've since pussified ourselves.

Yeah.

6 months after Pearl Harbor we basically destroyed the IJN Pacific Fleet at Midway.

It's been - what 5 years? - since 'Major' Hasan killed all those people at Fort Hood and we're still playing patty-cake with his worthless ass.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What I can't wrap my mind around is he's reading from a script, they want him to say what he says but he knows he's going to die so why give them what they want? He had no chance, he was dead either way, but he could have at least been a mild problem on his way out. Everyone always goes in peace when they KNOW they are going to die either way. Handcuffed or not you have a 7 pound bowling ball on your shoulders complete with teeth.

I won't say what I think about any of them or that area or whatever but you know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this going to sound cold but he knew what he was getting into with those assholes when he went there. ANY american in that area not on deployment is a fucking dumbass.

What I can't wrap my mind around is he's reading from a script, they want him to say what he says but he knows he's going to die so why give them what they want? He had no chance, he was dead either way, but he could have at least been a mild problem on his way out. Everyone always goes in peace when they KNOW they are going to die either way. Handcuffed or not you have a 7 pound bowling ball on your shoulders complete with teeth.

I won't say what I think about any of them or that area or whatever but you know.

You forget there are things much worse than death.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top