Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/16/2014 9:17:00 PM EDT
This is a little much: Watch "Mark Sanders33 MY BUG OUT JEEP WRANGLER" on YouTube
Mark Sanders33 MY BUG OUT JEEP WRANGLER: http://youtu.be/aNsLIp791eU

Sorry mark. Its just too much bra.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That right there is a dash of mental illness.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Bet he didn't vote for Obama either time..

That said, too many stickers for me but hey it ain't my jeep.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The stickers certainly help keep a low profile, and probably add 40-50 hp at the wheels.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Needs to be just a little bit more discreet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I quit watching before the 3 min mark. That shit's fuckin' ghey.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't the tires have stickers that read "roll"?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I quit watching before the 3 min mark. That shit's fuckin' ghey.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, just wow
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Username?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
flat hat syndrome
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#12]
It's always the guy and his shitty del-ton with molon labe and punisher skulls that gets all the bro's pussy's wet. I  don't understand this obsession with obnoxious decals on your car, gun, holsters, shirt, etc.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
He has to be a member here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The first sticker he pointed out was from the arf store wasn't it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#16]
He needs to take all of the dumb decals off of it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I think OP is Mark and is promoting his vids.  

Hi Mark.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Holy shit the stickers What a flatbill fuck head.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Closest that thing has been to going off-road is when he drove into that gravel parking lot.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:23:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Holy shit the stickers What a flatbill fuck head.
View Quote

The stickers are an awesome aid to those wondering what may me found inside of that unreliable piece of shit, after all, he is one crank position sensor failure away from having to bug out on foot and he can only take what he can carry.

Bro, you're doing it wrong. don't believe me? Ask ol' Sun Tzu.  

Those stickers do not make it look cool, they make him look like a fool.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#21]
talk about making a thiefs job easy
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Not what i was expecting. No lift, no big tires, no real bumper. Embarrising amount of money spent on stickers check. I love the "if someone watching this wants to take my jeep and lift it and put tires on it". Ya id like some fre shit to.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Username?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah the begging for free shit just topped it off perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#25]
stupid...i don't get all the stickers..
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just said "AR-15" no ".com" or BFL. I don't see anything like it in the arfstore.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:21:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Dude hurts my head.  You want to blend in the best you can, but you can't with all those stupid stickers on your vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Doesn't have the money for a lift....

Decal budget must be eating the funds.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:36:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Closest that thing has been to going off-road is when he drove into that gravel parking lot.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow, nothing like blending in with all those stickers.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Dead within hours of "bugging out"

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:23:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I could only make it to 1:54.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Nice Jeep, but it wont make it 100 yards off road up here.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#34]
He has a wife?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Needs more stickers.  "Driver's door", "passenger door", "left front tire", "WARNING- tires rotate when BOJeep is in motion", "driver carries less than 200 braincells"...
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:35:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I like the fixed blade knife location. this guy must make stickers for a living.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:35:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Toolbag

Can't have a bugout VEHICKLE with out stickers
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:36:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Apparently he is an American Infidel.

Needs more decals.

Fucking Maxpedition on the door?

What a moran...
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:36:53 AM EDT
[#39]
All those cool tier 1 stickers should help him bug out in his stock soccer wagon with street tires.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#40]
That hurt my head.

And the stickers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:37:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He has a wife?
View Quote

Probably just a large sticker portraying one he has stuck to some cardboard.

He calls her Cheryl.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Hey, Jeeps are fun, and the guy is just having fun with it.  More power to him.  I did chuckle at the "Pull" stickers on the doors.  (As opposed to "push?")

Slightly OT:  Here's mine, if you are interested.  Feel free to share feedback.

I've got one too, but I've taken a different approach.  First, it is low key.  It is steel blue with only a couple of very small American flag stickers, and a tiny INGO sticker.  It blends-in nicely with rush hour traffic.  Without close inspection, it looks like any other 4 door Jeep.  

The overriding philosophy of my Jeep is to maximize capability without increasing weight, while still being a daily driver.  I also didn't want to put huge tires and a giant lift because I also wanted to minimize drivetrain wear and tear.  A Jeep is not designed to be a 3/4 ton truck.  It just isn't made with the required heavy duty components.  I want the weight it carries to be in cargo, not Jeep components.  Also, big tires and heavy suspensions reduce range and power.  My Jeep can still exceed 90mph. (barely!) Let's face it, when bugging out, you aren't going to go off the road for long distances, either.  It would be too slow and you would quickly run into obstacles that even a built Jeep couldn't deal with, such as a deep creek or river.  You'll be going mostly on roads, and most off roading would likely be along side or near roads, just to get around traffic jams, accidents, etc. You'll also minimize your range if you go off road for long.  

Here's what I've done:

1.  The starting point is a Rubicon.  (A base Jeep is still very capable. I bought a Rubi to minimize mods.)  It has locking front and rear diffs, a super-low 4-1 crawl ratio in low range, and a heavier duty Dana 44 in the front, as opposed to the Dana 30.  It also has a front swaybar disconnect that works well, and is quickly actuated by a button.  I acutally don't us this much, because of the lockers.  It also has better shocks than standard. (I'll upgrade those when mine wear out.)  It has a manual transmission and 4.1 final drive ratio, which maximizes the power of a relatively weak, but reliable and well behaved engine.  It is a simple engine, too, that hasn't required anything other than routine maintenance.  I do run Mobil 1   0W-40 oil, which would be outstanding in extreme use (slow crawling or even long periods stopped in traffic, which is the most likely bugout scenario.  Anyone that thinks otherwise is fantasizing.  The best you'll do is try and go around people, which is where the off-road capability is useful.)

2.  Mods:  
    -2 inch moderate lift, properly done with extended swaybar links.  I did this to get a little better breakover angle, which suffers a bit on stock 4 door Jeeps.  It made a HUGE difference off-road.
    -33" BFG KM2 tires.  Aggressive tread, excellent sidewall strength, long lasting, and not so big as to drain power.  This slightly helped ground clearance and the breakover angle.  They are 255/70/17, so they are tall, but narrow.  This keeps them from pushing wind, and in mud, they dig down to the hard stuff where they get traction.  The felt power difference to move these was virtually undetectable over the stock 32" Mud Terrains (which were great, but didn't have as strong a sidewall as the KM2).  The weight of these tires is not significantly more than the stock BFG's.  They handle and ride virtually the same.  The moderate lift and tire size increase maintained the stability of the Jeep, especially on steep inclines and in handling on the road.
    -Skid plates--Engine oil pan and fuel vapor canister.  Those were the most vulnerable areas to me, for the way I off-road.  They didn't add any appreciable weight, either.  Skid plate weight can add up quickly.
    -Winch.  I mounted a 9k lb. winch on the front stock bumper.  Bumpers are where guys add huge amounts of weight to Jeeps.  I went with synthetic rope to further minimize weight.  The winch was an Engo, which ran well while completely submerged in a 4 wheel magazine test.  It actually outperformed the Warn in the torture test, but the Warn placed first because the lettering on the remote looked nicer.  (Seriously.)  I mounted it high, instead of recessed, to keep it from having to test its abilities while submerged.  It did not affect the engine cooling, at all.  (I've checked it under all kinds of conditions, even towing, using a OBD device giving me the actual real-time engine temp data.)
    -LED headlights.  Amazing improvement over stock, draws little juice.  
    -Off-road 110w incandescent lighting. (In case LED's frost over in snow, which can happen.)
    -30,000 lumen LED light bar.  This thing is like turning on the sun!  It has 100 Cree LED lamps.  It is the train horn of lights.  All other lights are drowned out by this sucker.  I'm not sure how necessary it is, and I'm not sure I'll keep it, but it is truly bad-ass, and added very little weight.
    -Thick steel safe bolted to the floor under the driver's seat.  This holds a handgun and many mags, and keeps them as secure as you can get in a vehicle.  I'll be adding another under the passenger seat.
    -CB/weather radio
    -Factory Nav System with bread crumb feature which draws your path off road, making it easy to follow back out.  It also lets you save trails or paths, if you wanted to map out some known escape routes.  (I haven't really found any around where I live.)
    -Bag with a bunch of MRE's in the garage, ready to grab and go, along with my other bug-out bags, which include medical supplies, water, ammo, and food.  It would be enough to get through a few days, anyway.  I also keep in the Jeep a Steri-Pen, to sanitize water, once the bottles are empty.  

Future mods:  I'd like to add a HAM radio, but I'm usually too busy to focus on this.  One day.  I'm also building an AR15 pistol, with a 10" barrel.  This would be great for grabbing and maneuvering in a tight space.  I figure if you have your rifle close by, you could have a problem getting it out of the vehicle quickly, under pressure.  This thing will be right around 25" total length, but that's a whole other topic.  Also, because it is a pistol, it can be legally carried in most places, loaded and concealed in the vehicle, or on your person, yet it will perform as a rifle, which is far superior to a pistol.  (It will have a Sig SB-15 brace.)  I won't go much more into weaponry, because the whole point is to be low key.  I certainly won't post details, especially on Youtube.  

This is all fun stuff and offers some limited level of preparedness, but I'm pretty realistic about my chances if we have a true, large scale SHTF scenario.  This is designed to get out of a more localized SHTF situation where there is a safe place that can be reached.  I'm FAR from self sufficient in any long-term deal, and it most cases, I think I'd be better off staying at home, unless my home were wiped out by a disaster, or something.  In that case, I'm not sure the Jeep would be serviceable, either.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:50:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Not a fan
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#45]
4:35

Mountain dew sticker
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#46]
did he actually mod anything or just throw stickers on it and bags in the back?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#47]

I couldn't make it past the decal review.

What a fucktard.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:55:57 AM EDT
[#48]
This is where I keep my tactical chap stick...
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:57:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Here's a couple pics of my Jeep.  The winch is under a cover.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#50]

I never would have guessed stickers were an important part of prepping. I've been doing it all wrong.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top