Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2014 9:15:38 PM EDT
what they really mean is; If there are no broken bones and you're still coherent, slap a band aid on it, don't be a bitch, and get back to work.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Or, it could mean that the health plan is about to change, for the worse, and they want you to file claims before the changeover.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Ha, they wanted us to report even a near miss. Guess how many times that got done.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
did you get a break and a free band aid?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#4]
In my industry it is required to report even the smallest of injuries as well as near misses. We do not even have a first aid kit with bandaids because everything is to be reported and taken to medical. I know a lot of minor things don't get reported.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I filled out a report for getting hit in the nutz with a hammer..

Wasn't a big deal injury but they said ALL injuries.. Was entertaining..

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Where I work all injuries and near misses get reported. The reports get distributed thru all of the plants. The company takes safety very serious. It's cheaper in the long run to spend the money to make things safe than it is to pay L&I claims and increased L&I insurance rates.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
i was in a plant that had the employees reporting mosquito bites, they had the nurse respond to put ointment on their ouchie
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i was in a plant that had the employees reporting mosquito bites, they had the nurse respond to put ointment on their ouchie
View Quote

Was he at least cute?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
My workplace is like that too. Some people report the whole "I bumped my elbow and it hurt a little" kind of stuff which annoys me to all hell because all near misses are read in the morning.

Earlier this week I was welding and had a rag smoldering behind me outside of the curtains and my supervisor noticed it as he walked by and there was no near miss reported from that
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#10]
One of the guys on my survey crew got stung on the wrist by a paper wasp last week.

They made him fill out an incident report and go to the local clinic.

Lawyers are pussies and expect everyone else to abide by their lowest common denominator.

Just 10 short years ago, I was swarmed by yellow-jackets. After more than a dozen stings, I was told to suck it up and get back to work, which is exactly what I did.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Suck it up and keep working!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#12]
We're supposed to report *everything* at my work.  Turns out they even counted bandaids in the first aid kits around the buildings.  One guy started putting extra bandaids in the kits, you wouldn't believe the shitstorm that happened when their count was higher than before.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#13]
What they want is for you to lie.  No near misses.  No accidents.

They achieve this by making it so fucking miserable any time there is an accident or near miss--through endless fucking meetings and "investigations" and the inevitable resulting policy changes--that you would have to have an amputated limb before you would even THINK about reporting it.

Have they given you the buzz statement yet that ALL ACCIDENTS ARE AVOIDABLE ?

Think of it this way:  political correctness on a pure physical level where accidents and near misses are white, Christian, heterosexual gun owners.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Haha...

I also know a guy who filled one out after receiving a black eye from wayward horse dong..
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I seen a guy break a tap off and get a 4 inch cut in his arm.  It was bleeding so bad they changed the bandage every 10 minutes.  He kept welding for 2 hours then went to the hospital and said he tripped and cut it on a rock.  Some people will do dumb shit to not have to take a drug test...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a few reportable accidents when I was driving a forklift. Management wanted to know, I told them, I took the drug test and went back to work. Never heard more about it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Place I worked had the "Report all injuries, no matter how slight" policy.

First week after the all employee stand down, one of my guys snagged a finger on some chain link fence wire while closing a gate....and reported it.

45 min. of filling out bullshit, and CC e-mail notifications to the Pope, Vishnu and the beach boys later, the guy had to take a fitness for duty eval., complete with pissing in the cup.

All said and done, plus three days later, the greater minds determined the employee should be disciplined for a lack of situational awareness during the course of his duties...and he was awarded three days off.

This went over like a fart in church with the Union, and the regulating agency was notified that a "Hostile work environment had been created" by policy.
All shit broke loose, with the Managers head hunting supervisors to blame for enforcing policy as directed. Last I knew, it was still a fuck story and unresolved.

Moral of the story...if ya break your leg, getting run over by a dump truck at work, the shit happened at home, or you're going to get fired.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ha, they wanted us to report even a near miss. Guess how many times that got done.
View Quote

Yup.  I dropped a pen.  I bent over to pick it up.  Then, I remembered the propaganda ad on AFN and lifted with my knees, not my back.  Whew, that was close one.

The Safety/Compliance folks were unamused.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#19]
It could mean that its a pain in the ass to deal with late injury reports and work comp claims and it's easier for insurance companies to deny bullshit claims when if it were a real injury the employee would have / should have reported his injury.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup.  I dropped a pen.  I bent over to pick it up.  Then, I remembered the propaganda ad on AFN and lifted with my knees, not my back.  Whew, that was close one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending who was standing behind you, it may have been a near miss..

Protect your cornhole, file a report..
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Or, it could mean that the health plan is about to change, for the worse, and they want you to file claims before the changeover.

View Quote

Think he's talking policy more than recent announcement.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#22]
At every job, there's policy, and then there's the way things are done.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Haha...

I also know a guy who filled one out after receiving a black eye from wayward horse dong..
View Quote
The mental image you just gave me... TAKE IT BACK DAMMIT!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top