Bullshit story link

Yeah, I believe him.  Don't you?  

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Bullshit story link

View Quote

still can't stop thinking about clinton huh?

well, he does have hypnotic eyes. hope he is gentle. on the astroturf in the back of his el camino.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

well, he does have hypnotic eyes. hope he is gentle. on the astroturf in the back of his el camino.

View Quote

Saw that this was trending on facebook, so I read it.  Good to know what the morons are consuming.

And yes, still thinking about Clinton.  You may not have heard, but his wife is thinking about running in 2016..which is what makes stories like this important.

But keep on doing what you do.  It's so adorable and not at all predictable.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The government only had since 1992 to kill him and KSM. It's not like 9/11 jumped up out of nowhere planned and committed by people no one had ever heard of.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit story link

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#7]
passed on one chance because he didn't want to interupt the football game he was watching
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#8]
More pro-clinton crap surfacing as Hillary tries to take the next election.  Barf.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I hated Clinton.

However, he was in Australia, so that isn't made up. I have no idea about the speech, but if it isn't true, I bet that surfaces now that it seems to be exploding all over the web. ( I did a few searches to see where Bush sent the plane to pick him up after the attacks. I remember that he was out of the country.)

I watched a long interview with him once about this subject. He was either well briefed and knew a lot of shit and tried really hard to get bin laden, or he completely made up a lot of shit that sounded really good.

Take that for what it is worth.
View Quote
I find it hard to believe that a man that ordered the bombing of another country with stealth airplanes didn't have the ability to drop one on OBL or KSM. Actions speak louder than words and the way the Black Hawk Down incident was handled I don't buy it. The government tried to capture KSM in 1996 but didn't follow him to Afghanistan. As early as 1994 there he was plotting with his cousin (the guy that tried to knock down the WTC in 1993) to bomb airliners or hijack them and run them into buildings in the US. The basic idea for 9/11 was in the minds of AQ around 7 years old before it happened. The US also had detailed reports of this at that time. The Clinton administration more or less had the plan for 9/11 in their hands with AQ's name on it and failed to take action.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh clinton, you so silly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Saw that this was trending on facebook, so I read it.  Good to know what the morons are consuming.

And yes, still thinking about Clinton.  You may not have heard, but his wife is thinking about running in 2016..which is what makes stories like this important.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey thanks.

bill is not his wife.

what's next? gossip on chelsea? like OMG is she still pregnant?

somehow i am reminded of those nancy-pants liberals who can't stop whining about bush years after he left office, but hey, just for the sake of predictability, FBHO. plus the secret hand sign.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There was a guy on the talk show circuits many years ago that was the head of some wing of the CIA for terrorist hunting that said Clinton was presented with 13 kill/capture opportunities on UBL and he turned all of them down.

Clinton wanted the Nobel Peace Prize and knew if he killed UBL he would not get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The government only had since 1992 to kill him and KSM. It's not like 9/11 jumped up out of nowhere planned and committed by people no one had ever heard of.

There was a guy on the talk show circuits many years ago that was the head of some wing of the CIA for terrorist hunting that said Clinton was presented with 13 kill/capture opportunities on UBL and he turned all of them down.

Clinton wanted the Nobel Peace Prize and knew if he killed UBL he would not get it.
I guess the point where I diverge from troofers is that I refuse to make unscientific bullshit up and I refuse to attribute to malice what can be attributed to hubris, incompetence, or being too busy nailing interns to notice the world turning around you. That leaves me with the conclusion that Clinton and his administration were too busy obfuscating the philandering to pay the needed attention to AQ more or less setting up 9/11 out in the open. Add in a lack of agency crosstalk, dick waving instead of cooperation, and it becomes pretty obvious that 9/11 was the result of an intelligence failure or failure to act on intelligence instead of some mastermind terrorist outsmarting everyone.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

No kidding.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep we had UBL within a few hundred feet of capture on an oil tanker in 95.  But the Fast team was recalled.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hated Clinton.

However, he was in Australia, so that isn't made up. I have no idea about the speech, but if it isn't true, I bet that surfaces now that it seems to be exploding all over the web. ( I did a few searches to see where Bush sent the plane to pick him up after the attacks. I remember that he was out of the country.)

I watched a long interview with him once about this subject. He was either well briefed and knew a lot of shit and tried really hard to get bin laden, or he completely made up a lot of shit that sounded really good.

Take that for what it is worth.
View Quote

One of two things going on here (In my opinion)

1)  He did make these comments that day in Australia, and they chose not to use them in '08.

2) They've made it up now because they think it will help Hillary run.  

Either way, the only reason this is a story now is the Clintons think it can help them in some way.  

I tend to lean towards option 2, but it's always possible this is real and they just haven't felt like it would help them out to release/make a big deal out of until now.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
No kidding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.
That's why I lol whenever some troofer says "OMG the (insert flavor of the month..Israelis, Germans,etc) pulled their people out because they knew 9/11 was coming it's a conspiracy." Everybody paying a modicum of attention knew something like 9/11 was coming. Not down to the day or exactly how it was going to be carried out but if you appeared from the future told an intelligence analyst on 9/10 that "AQ is going to run some airplanes into the WTC tomorrow" they probably wouldn't have batted an eye.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Imagine what the media are embargoing about Obama.
View Quote

That tape the LA times is sitting on of him blowing Rashid Khalidi at his retirement party, for one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#22]
That figures.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I didn't read the story but, yeah, I believe it.  He did blow up them camels in Asscrackistan, remember?  The cruise missiles he sent were AQ had been like two weeks before?

I bet GW regretted Torah Bora and letting OBL slip into Pakiland.

Oh well, Navy SEALs shot him through the fucking eye then dumped mags into him.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I can picture the guys face but can't recall his name but he said they had a team in Afganistan with crosshairs on UBL and were told not shoot. I want to say his first name is Mike and he always had a trimmed beard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep we had UBL within a few hundred feet of capture on an oil tanker in 95.  But the Fast team was recalled.

I can picture the guys face but can't recall his name but he said they had a team in Afganistan with crosshairs on UBL and were told not shoot. I want to say his first name is Mike and he always had a trimmed beard.

Pete Blaber writes about planning several missions to snatch OBL in the 90s. None got the go-ahead obviously.

It's a good read and covers Anaconda in depth.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew exactly who you quoted without looking. Well, I knew it was him or Snips.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember Bubba.  When the heat was one, he'd launch a cruise missile and say it taught our enemy a lesson.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Our gov't has had many chances to kill Bin Laden. They obviously didn't think it was worth it at the time. There's a lot of assholes all over the world that "might" do something bad in the future that we could kill right now, all you can do is look at them and decide how likely it is they will do something and weigh it against the fallout from killing them.

I think it was Billy Waugh that recounted performing surveillance on OBL in the 90's? He was sitting on a building across the street, watching him plain as day. It's been a while since I read Hunting the Jackal but I want to say he tried to get permission to kill him but it was denied. I'm sure that happened with other people at other times.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Our gov't has had many chances to kill Bin Laden. They obviously didn't think it was worth it at the time. There's a lot of assholes all over the world that "might" do something bad in the future that we could kill right now, all you can do is look at them and decide how likely it is they will do something and weigh it against the fallout from killing them.

I think it was Billy Waugh that recounted performing surveillance on OBL in the 90's? He was sitting on a building across the street, watching him plain as day. It's been a while since I read Hunting the Jackal but I want to say he tried to get permission to kill him but it was denied. I'm sure that happened with other people at other times.

View Quote

Yup, could have easily killed him when he was living in Khartoum.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
More pro-clinton crap surfacing as Hillary tries to take the next election.  Barf.
View Quote

No, more like getting all of their old crap out in the open before Hillary announces her candidacy.

It's definitely negative that Clinton had a chance to kill UBL before 9/11 and didn't do it.

By making it public knowledge now, it becomes old news during the campaign instead of an issue.

More battlespace preparation for 2016.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, more like getting all of their old crap out in the open before Hillary announces her candidacy.

It's definitely negative that Clinton had a chance to kill UBL before 9/11 and didn't do it.

By making it public knowledge now, it becomes old news during the campaign instead of an issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or trying to rebuild the Clinton brand for public speaking.  Right now they both need to sharpen their brand image to get paid gigs fundraising for candidates, and in 2 years they will have to compete against Obama.  

This could play either way.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And also paints him in a positive light for not doing it..." Oh, I didn't want to hurt civilians so I'm better than Osama".
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#34]
While it would have been nice for him to have never relished in the 9/11 attacks, it's my guess that killing him wouldn't have stopped AQ from doing what they did.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:03:42 AM EDT
[#35]
At least obama got it done
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:14:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Billy Waugh is the man!! Spent a few years in out of the way places.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#37]
How does this help him? He pussed out and Americans died
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#38]
He wasn't regretting not killing Bin Laden.  He was bragging he was too concerned with collateral damage to kill him.  Amazing he said it the day before his chickens came home to roost, as Jeremiah Wright would say.

I remember Clinton saying after 9/11 that the terrorists struck us because of our history of slavery.  I also recall him regretting there was no war for him to lead during his presidency.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:41:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Remember you have to parse Clinton

could be tens of thousands of hours before
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Another story designed to take the spotlight of shame off the current retard and chief
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How does this help him? He pussed out and Americans died
View Quote

Read the post right below yours.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top