Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Good.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Honor them?

They ought to fucking bow down before them and kiss their fucking feet for actually doing something while NRA sat by and waited to try and collect credit for it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honor them?

They ought to fucking bow down before them and kiss their fucking feet for actually doing something while NRA sat by and waited to try and collect credit for it.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Stand by... negotiating....
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've been working on a book about our experiences during the recalls.
View Quote

I'm looking forward to that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#9]
They are flying Victor out to Virginia later.  Pretty cool deal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#10]
"the NRA should be doing this" is a bullshit excuse....YOU ARE THE NRA.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I liked your original version better. I will summarize it for those that missed in using a photo.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I liked your original version better. I will summarize it for those that missed in using a photo.

http://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/johnny-cash-finger-2.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finger needs to be bigger.  Let me see if this helps.

I had no intention of going.  I don't want any awards.  I don't need any recognition.  I re-read the threads posted here while putting together a book on our experiences and could not ask from a more meaningful honor from a more respectable group of patriots.  The victory thread from our election night is what I'll print and hang on my wall, thanks.  

But it appears that the NRA leadership has either once again failed to research some basic facts about our recalls or has chosen deliberately to engage in some public relations back scratching/face saving for reasons that are beyond me.  Either way, I have changed my mind and will accept their generosity regarding my travel expenses so that I may express my dissatisfaction with this goddamned political horseshit in person, in terms unmistakeable.  

I'm not in politics.  I don't want to be in politics.  I don't give a damn about offending the wrong - or right - people.  This means I am free from the shackles of "go along to get along" that may bind others.  They want me there?  They're gonna get me.  Maybe it'll even do some good for the next bunch of fighters.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I had no intention of going.  I don't want any awards.  I don't need any recognition.  I re-read the threads posted here while putting together a book on our experiences and could not ask from a more meaningful honor from a more respectable group of patriots.  The victory thread from our election night is what I'll print and hang on my wall, thanks.  

But it appears that the NRA leadership has either once again failed to research some basic facts about our recalls or has chosen deliberately to engage in some public relations back scratching/face saving for reasons that are beyond me.  Either way, I have changed my mind and will accept their generosity regarding my travel expenses so that I may express my dissatisfaction with this goddamned political horseshit in person, in terms unmistakeable.  

I'm not in politics.  I don't want to be in politics.  I don't give a damn about offending the wrong - or right - people.  This means I am free from the shackles of "go along to get along" that may bind others.  They want me there?  They're gonna get me.  Maybe it'll even do some good for the next bunch of fighters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring a FREE COLORADO flag. Tell them for $50 it can be theirs, as they haven't done a god damned thing otherwise to earn it. Turn around and leave.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Well deserved!  Its good to see these groups get acknowledged for what they accomplished.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bring a FREE COLORADO flag. Tell them for $50 it can be theirs, as they haven't done a god damned thing otherwise to earn it. Turn around and leave.
View Quote

Pissed as I am, I have to give them credit.  They did help.  It was late to the fight but it was a big gun to bring to bear.  They all but forced certain in-state entities to work with us (and, by extension, PFR since we bluntly said, "If Victor isn't included in the talks, there won't be any talks.") and they dug us out from an enormous legal bill.  Whatever else they may have missed or screwed up, I have to give credit where it's due.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't shit on them yet.  Go with an open mind. You did damn fine work.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Pissed as I am, I have to give them credit.  They did help.  It was late to the fight but it was a big gun to bring to bear.  They all but forced certain in-state entities to work with us (and, by extension, PFR since we bluntly said, "If Victor isn't included in the talks, there won't be any talks.") and they dug us out from an enormous legal bill.  Whatever else they may have missed or screwed up, I have to give credit where it's due.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God, an honest person.
What has the world come to?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Keith, Reptarhead, et al...
I'm not from Colorado, I dont live in Colorado, and I wont visit Colorado, (even though my family owns land in Colorado), while the antigun laws passed by Gov Hickenlooper remain in effect.

I did send you guys some money for the fight and cheered you on from afar.

Congratulations on winning the fight and in the process, forcing the Goliath's to be wary of the little guy with a sling, a pocket full of rocks, and determination.

God Bless you and yours.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Good to see the recall people get the recognition, everyone, including me, thought they didn't have a chance, but anyone who gets Evie Hudak out of office is a hero to me! (Did buy the flag!)

Hopefully they inspire people in other states.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you both and SS109, from your lips to God's ears.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Well done to everyone who campaigned or gave money for Giron, Morse and Hudak's recall (even though that phat beotch resigned before being recalled).
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Either way, I have changed my mind and will accept their generosity regarding my travel expenses so that I may express my dissatisfaction with this goddamned political horseshit in person, in terms unmistakeable.  
View Quote

We will take you how ever we can get you and I don't want you to change a thing.

But we will not be going on their dime, not a one. Others in more need can take that offer (no judgment to those that are), members and members here chip in those bucks. We respect every dollar you gave to us and the NRA. We don't need the help, they and you can spend and sent it right to the front. We have other travel plans paid by, well not them. Nice to be honored and I like the company we keep in the "groups" that made a difference. ARFCOM made the difference we needed and we gave them but a small token in the Free Colorado Flag last week at the new store in TX, that represents what YOU did.

18 months ago, after Colorado Democrats tried to ram extreme anti-gun legislation down our throats, I had a crazy idea (with James)... Why can't we make these politicians listen to the citizens of Colorado rather than their billionaire patrons? What started as a crazy idea eventually grew into a movement that got national attention. Two recalled Senators later and our message was loud and clear. That crazy idea and the group it became, the Basic Freedom Defense Fund, is now being recognized as the NRA-ILA Littlefield Volunteer Organization of the Year. It is an amazing honor.

While I appreciate being titled the Founder of the Recalls, I know that the success of BFDF was a true team effort. Luke Wagner and Keith Coniglio were helping lead the way the entire way. Anthony Garcia was awesome with web design and as treasurer. Jennifer Kerns as our relentless PR machine. Erik Groves, our attorney, fighting off every legal battle the Democrats threw our way. Victor Head, who ran with the idea and prevailed deep in enemy territory (and is also being awarded the award). To the literally thousands of people who gave their time and money to help along the way. Folks even came from other states to make a difference Linda Walker, Sean Maloney and Ken Hanson to name just a few) and they stood for liberty with us. I wish every one of you could be on stage to accept the award with us.

It was as wild of an 8 month period as I have ever experienced in my life.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"the NRA should be doing this" is a bullshit excuse....YOU ARE THE NRA.
View Quote

Fucking TRUTH right here!  I have passed out flyers and talked to people at the gun range about issues and their need to call and write, but a lot of people "don't have time."  Fuck you if you can't sit down to write a goddamn letter or call your representative.  People like this piss me off to no end, as they bitch about the NRA not doing shit, but, yet, don't have the time do to anything themselves.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#25]

meanwhile, in Castle Rock...

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We will take you how ever we can get you and I don't want you to change a thing.
View Quote

Ooooookie-dokie!

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Castle Rock, you say?  Why... whatever is going on there, good sir that I do not know?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Honor them?

View Quote

yep.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Who was that other woman who needed to go.  She was rumored to have some issues with the law when she was younger.

She may have a darker complexion than I have.

PS..this is not a slam on these groups.   They did something that has never been done in Colorado.   They were outspent by a lot yet still got three of the Dems out of office.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Castle Rock, you say?  Why... whatever is going on there, good sir that I do not know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad you asked!

Castle Rock Open Carry Special Election
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Who was that other woman who needed to go.  She was rumored to have some issues with the law when she was younger.

She may have a darker complexion than I have.

PS..this is not a slam on these groups.   They did something that has never been done in Colorado.   They were outspent by a lot yet still got three of the Dems out of office.
View Quote

That would be Representative Rhonda Fields, primary proponent of the notion that citizens of "Cah-do-dah-do" don't "need" more than ten rounds.  Thank goodness we had "moderate" Democrat Representative Mike McLachlan to intercede with our betters and allow us to have up to fifteen.

Will not comply, you bastards.  And November is coming.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm glad you asked!

View Quote

Interesting.  And I would not presupposed to tell anyone how to vote but it appears as if voting "YES" on BOTH questions would allow citizens to openly carry on town property AND would put any future decision impacting their second amendment rights to an automatic and mandatory public vote rather than allow town council or employees to make arbitrary decisions.  Assuming I'm reading things at the bottom of this page right, of course.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Rhonda Fields.... she is the one.     It is easy to want others recalled but the effort to get even one was no doubt a monumental effort.

It is hard to know how people in other states viewed the successful recalls but I believe that other anti-2A liberals (Progressive is a fake term) took note of what happened here.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Interesting.  And I would not presupposed to tell anyone how to vote but it appears as if voting "YES" on BOTH questions would allow citizens to openly carry on town property AND would put any future decision impacting their second amendment rights to an automatic and mandatory public vote rather than allow town council or employees to make arbitrary decisions.  Assuming I'm reading things at the bottom of this page right, of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad you asked!

Well, KeithC....

an organization (know as an "Issue Committee") called "Freedom for Castle Rock" would most certainly suggest a YES and YES vote.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Honor them?

View Quote

You mean RMGO

As someone else posted WE are the NRA. WE sent money, WE made calls, WE (who were able to vote) Made a difference.  That same enthusiasm, which sent a message not only to the CO legislature & Hizz honor.  Also sent a message across the country.

WE need to carry that energy forward to 11/14 and make sure WE regain control not only of Colorado's Legislature, but state houses across America

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, KeithC....

and organization (know as an "Issue Committee") called "Freedom for Castle Rock" would most certainly suggest a YES and YES vote.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad you asked!

Well, KeithC....

and organization (know as an "Issue Committee") called "Freedom for Castle Rock" would most certainly suggest a YES and YES vote.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You mean RMGO

As someone else posted WE are the NRA. WE sent money, WE made calls, WE (who were able to vote) Made a difference.  That same enthusiasm, which sent a message not only to the CO legislature & Hizz honor.  Also sent a message across the country.

WE need to carry that energy forward to 11/14 and make sure WE regain control not only of Colorado's Legislature, but state houses across America

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honor them?

You mean RMGO

I'm normally better at analogies but I leave work at 4:30 and, while I'll fuck off on ARF all day, I don't mess around with going home.  We're in this war together, even if some branches have rivalries (and some are commanded by complete assholes).  We MUST overlook these differences for at least the short term if we're to have any hope of reclaiming ground.  And, if one particular branch - cough - refuses to overlooks differences, we just have to sidestep them and, if necessary, trick them into actually doing some good.  Turn them loose on the opposition while we negotiate, I don't know.

But we have to stop ripping into each other in public (I include myself in this admonition) and save our ammo for the enemy.  I'll do my "ripping into" in private... where I won't be interrupted....
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You mean RMGO

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honor them?

You mean RMGO

Exactly...the NRA leadership is working at the national level.....we need to work at the local level...and our Colorado members showed us it could be done. Now put away the animosity and do what needs to be done.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad you asked!

and yes, according to that page, YES/YES is the gun-friendly vote

Page says:

Additional Information
A YES vote on Measure A means the Town Manager may not restrict the open carrying of firearms by the public on municipal properties.
A NO vote on Measure A means the Town Manager may restrict the open carrying of firearms by the public on municipal properties.
A YES vote on Measure B means the voters must approve future action by the Town Council restricting the right to keep and bear firearms.
A NO vote on Measure B means prior voter approval of such action is not required.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Page says:

Additional Information
A YES vote on Measure A means the Town Manager may not restrict the open carrying of firearms by the public on municipal properties.
A NO vote on Measure A means the Town Manager may restrict the open carrying of firearms by the public on municipal properties.
A YES vote on Measure B means the voters must approve future action by the Town Council restricting the right to keep and bear firearms.
A NO vote on Measure B means prior voter approval of such action is not required.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad you asked!

Page says:

Additional Information

A yes vote on A and B means an unelected official can't make the choice for the people anymore? They would get the final say on their right to open carry? Am I reading that right?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A yes vote on A and B means an unelected official can't make the choice for the people anymore? They would get the final say on their right to open carry? Am I reading that right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad you asked!

Page says:

Additional Information

I can't decode that. Just go with the stuff in red. Yes/Yes
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for all the kudos everyone, can't wait to see some of you out there. Sorry I'm a bit absent in some of these threads, I'm just workin away on my campaign.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Honor them?

View Quote

Only four posts.  GD is slipping.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#44]
This is good and all but honestly these recalls proved to me just how much the GOP not unlike the Democrats will eat their own. True the NRA did finally step up but man they should have done it a lot sooner.

That being said I'm glad they are honoring you guys
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honor them?

This.

+1
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Just imagine the impact GUN OWNERS could have if MORE gun owners would get off their asses like the Colorado gun owners did?  As it has been stated, WE are the NRA.  We can no longer just sit back and expect the NRA to do everything for us.  WE need to get more active.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Edited to be nice to others.  

Anyway, well-deserved award.  I heard about this on Cam and Company yesterday.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just imagine the impact GUN OWNERS could have if MORE gun owners would get off their asses like the Colorado gun owners did?  As it has been stated, WE are the NRA.  We can no longer just sit back and expect the NRA to do everything for us.  WE need to get more active.
View Quote

You sir are SPOT on!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Honor them?

View Quote

This right here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top