Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]
What could go wrong?

Those crazy prepper guys in AZ........yeah, they were right.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:34:29 AM EDT
[#2]
In an aircraft where air is recirculated, the virus is spread by bodily fluids, a few good sneezes should do it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:34:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I know what hospital I would be calling in sick to if I worked there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:37:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Do-gooders who want to go to Africa and potentially become infected should have to stay there under quarantine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:39:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In an aircraft where air is recirculated, the virus is spread by bodily fluids, a few good sneezes should do it.
View Quote

I guess TBS isn't up yet this morning.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Seems like this would be a great time to test a mobile and deployable lab. You know, keep the bad stuff over there.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:42:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They are bringing them to Emory in Atlanta.  Apparently Emory and the CDC have a special quarantine unit.
View Quote

You and your logic...

You KNOW they're coughing and spitting all over the pilots and medical personnel (who are all nude) and will be released into a packed stadium watching an NBA game!  

You guys know ebola is already in the US, right?  Do you think something this new and deadly wouldn't arouse the curiosity of the CDC and various medical experts who would then want to study it here and have, in fact, been studying it here for decades?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:47:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
2 well trained medical proffessionals that got lazy and complacent while treating people with the world's most deadly human disease.

Yea right.

It is called denial.
View Quote

Why do people insist its the most deadly?   The bad strain of smallpox has a similar rate of people dying and spreads far easier.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:49:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They got lazy and careless.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not airborne don't care.

So how do you think 2 American doctors that know full well how this virus spreads and what precautions to take ended up getting this virus?

Do you think they were kissing dead ebola victims?
Bathing dead ebola victims?
Hiding ebola victims from authorities.
Not using equipment to not come in contact with body fluids?

Any of the other bullshit the media is telling us?

So tell us, how did these 2 American doctors contract ebola?

They got lazy and careless.

Or others working there got lazy, or careless, or improperly trained.

Think about a local breaking protocol,  spreading the virus where it shouldn't be. Mind you they aren't working with bedsheets to keep quarantine.

Bet the infected us doctors chance of survival quadruple being in a modern facility.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:51:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You and your logic...

You KNOW they're coughing and spitting all over the pilots and medical personnel (who are all nude) and will be released into a packed stadium watching an NBA game!  

You guys know ebola is already in the US, right?  Do you think something this new and deadly wouldn't arouse the curiosity of the CDC and various medical experts who would then want to study it here and have, in fact, been studying it here for decades?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are bringing them to Emory in Atlanta.  Apparently Emory and the CDC have a special quarantine unit.

You and your logic...

Studying it in a petri dish in a state of the art lab is one thing. Potentially exposing the plane, it's workers (pilots and everyone on down to the cleaners) to the virus in the US is another thing. Remember the infected doctors were supposed to be using all the safe protocols.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:56:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Plus we're bringing every African head of state right to the White House this week
Brilliant move......
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:00:15 AM EDT
[#14]
On who's orders was this done?
Because something with a potential 90% mortality rate in my backyard is something to be concerned about.

And yes I understand its the CDC we're talking about. Their recent....issues do make one worry about this getting out of hand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:41:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What round for the ebola infected massed?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:07:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What round for the ebola infected massed?
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2-YxWkRxk

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:09:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Two more ebola infected individuals.  Lovely.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#18]
In befor the hillery, what does it matter at this point .Gif  
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I suppose Africa's purpose is to bring first world countries down to their level.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
great..... I knew I should have stayed in bed this morning!! I wake up this morning to find out I'm less than 50 miles away from one of the deadliest viruses known to man.

View Quote

You woke up yesterday morning 50 miles from smallpox.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Yikes!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Has there ever been a case of ebola on US soil before? I'm not referring to samples of the pathogen, I'm talking about a live human being infected with the virus.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#23]
yes, but it wasn't being transported around inside a live host and then placed inside a hospital that is publicly accessible. Smallpox only has a morbidity rate of around 35%, btw.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I suppose Africa's purpose is to bring first world countries down to their level.  
View Quote

Redistribution of wealth. They have a surplus of ebola.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is this a gorilla campaign for Walking Dead?
View Quote

The show is set in Atlanta.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Seems like this would be a great time to test a mobile and deployable lab. You know, keep the bad stuff over there.

View Quote

I wouldn't send an expensive thing like that over to a place where people occasionally riot because they think the docs are infecting them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:05:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Funny enough, most people here would freak if they know of some of the diseases and viruses are in sealed labs running right now...

This is no different.  Not even a cause for concern.... hell, the CDC has active ebola strains in their labs... now they have living samples to play with.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Has there ever been a case of ebola on US soil before? I'm not referring to samples of the pathogen, I'm talking about a live human being infected with the virus.
View Quote

Depends on how you count the Reston "outbreak" - see The Hot Zone by Preston.

Then there's the Marburg outbreak in Germany, which is supposedly very similar to Ebola.

Lab accident in UK several years ago I think killed one person.

Might be missing some.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
yes, but it wasn't being transported around inside a live host and then placed inside a hospital that is publicly accessible. Smallpox only has a morbidity rate of around 35%, btw.
View Quote

BSL-4 facilities aren't usually considered "publicly accessible".
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not airborne don't care.
View Quote

Yep just like AIDS only by bodily fluids and we never had a problem with that did we?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Funny enough, most people here would freak if they know of some of the diseases and viruses are in sealed labs running right now...

This is no different.  Not even a cause for concern.... hell, the CDC has active ebola strains in their labs... now they have living samples to play with.
View Quote

Explain to me how a living infected person being transported through airports, across land, and to medical facilities is the same as viral samples stored in "sealed labs."
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but smallpox is airborne and spreads a LOT faster.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#33]
You just know they are planning to blow that plane up at 30,000 feet and create an EMPOLA event.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't seen this reported yet. What information do you have?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I gotta say that I have a lot of questions regarding these developments.   Such as who approved this idea to spread this plague around the world .  And why to a populated country.  Why not set up a medical unit on some island with no population.  Should we trust the .gov when they say , " we can handle it "?  Not based on previous .gov successes.

Since the show " the Walking Dead " is based in Atlanta.   We now may have a case of  Life imitating Art.  Not stumbling  Zombies but millions of panic citizens fleeing the infected areas.

And  so it begins.

gd
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Explain to me how a living infected person being transported through airports, across land, and to medical facilities is the same as viral samples stored in "sealed labs."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol if you think these dudes are gonna be pushed in an open-air cart through the TSA line
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was reported by the mainstream media.  Both were medical workers who went to the hot spot to help the afflicted.  One was released to home care in Chicago.   The other was released to home care in Florida.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The latest info on Ebola is that it has been determined to be " air-borne " . along with the other known means of contamination.

gd
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The latest info on Ebola is that it has been determined to be " air-borne " . along with the other known means of contamination.

gd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

gd

Where'd you get that bullshit from, infowars?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Plus we're bringing every African head of state right to the White House this week
Brilliant move......
View Quote

Well...............
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Everything needed to care for and treat these two patients could easily be airlifted to Africa to treat them.

No need to fly people infected back here for anything!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I can't believe I'm in before "shut down everything"
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Can't solve a crisis or let it go to waste if you don't create 'em now and then.

Fucking morons in DC.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

gd

Bullshit or not ....... is it worth the risk to fly infected people here to do for them what could be done for them in Africa ????????????????
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It was reported by the mainstream media.  Both were medical workers who went to the hot spot to help the afflicted.  One was released to home care in Chicago.   The other was released to home care in Florida.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the win
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:24:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bullshit or not ....... is it worth the risk to fly infected people here to do for them what could be done for them in Africa ????????????????
View Quote

As long as the appropriate protocols are followed, the risk is negligible. Ebola is not airborne, you have to transfer bodily fluids. Transporting two infected Americans, done properly, is no different than transporting vials of the disease itself, done properly.

If these Americans can get superior treatment here in a BSL-4 facility, I say we do it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your post makes no sense.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got it. Thanks. I was thinking there were two new ones in addition to the medical workers.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain to me how you missed the part of isolation pods on private jet to private airport to a specialized facility?

Oh and btw, those viral samples do travel too... you think they just appear in labs when testing needs to be done?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

and the pilots go home to hug the kids before school     so how many  cases will America have before Nov election
View Quote

I'm pretty sure that's not how it spreads.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top