Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2014 5:04:15 PM EDT
KARNES CITY - Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Friday will open a remodeled detention center three hours north of the Rio Grande Valley.

The Karnes City center will house women and children who entered the country illegally through the Valley.

The 532-bed facility underwent a massive renovation to house women and children. The center housed only adult immigrants in the past.

Immigrants will be at the facility for an average of 23 days.

The feds said the rooms will be referred to as "suites." The suites are furnished with bunk beds, play tables for children, flat-screen television sets and landline telephones.

"I will refer to everyone in this facility as a resident. ICE generally refers to people in custody as detainees," ICE San Antonio Field Office Director Enrique Lucero said.

Lucero oversaw the transformation of the center.

The center has a soccer field covered with artificial turf, basketball courts, ping pong tables and a weight room. Officials also have plans to install a playground.

A charter school from nearby San Antonio will provide schooling and access to a library for the immigrant children.

The immigrants will get medical screenings. Children will receive physicals within 24 hours of arriving at the center and women within a week.

"There is a dentist on site," Lucero said.

There is a room where the immigrants will get to pick new clothes. Every illegal immigrant will be able to choose six sets of clothes, including shoes and socks.

"While residents are here ... we will provide a safe and humane environment," Lucero said.

The feds estimate it will cost approximately $74,000 a day to house 532 immigrants at the center. That's an average of $140 a day per person.

Officials did not disclose how much the government spent to refurbish the center.

http://www.krgv.com/news/immigrants-to-be-housed-in-suites-near-san-antonio/
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Ridiculous.  But they should really just say TVs. Do they even make non flat screen TVs anymore?

FBHO
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
we are so doomed since we allowed this to happen...

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Importing a new class of slave .

The United States government is actively participating in the invasion of this nation by hundreds of thousands of people who's sole benefit to the nation will be to vote for more govt .

They will live their entire lives under the blanket of security stolen from hard working Americans.

I don't have the ability to express my disgust and horror at what our gov is able to do now.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
How do I get a job as an illegal immigrant?  Do I just renounce my citizenship and then find a BP agent and turn myself in?  Is there an application form or something?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]
This is horseshit. We won't do this for homeless veterans, but we'll do it for border jumpers?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is horseshit. We won't do this for homeless veterans, but we'll do it for border jumpers?
View Quote

Welcome to the new Progressive America
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Fucking lawless animals should be locked in cages, nothing more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the 15-y-o whiny bitch from El Salvador bitching to Congress that the building he was in was too cold and he got cold ham sandwiches. Well fuck you motherfucker. Hop the fix back to fucking El Salvador.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There isn't enough homelessness now. Gov needs to import more chaos, more crime, more criminals.

When that fuckstick was talking about how tranquil the world is, he wasn't bragging , he was telling people what the gov does NOT want.

Tranquil people don't need government .

Chaos, murder, mayhem, those are the product of government .
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The United States government is actively participating in the invasion of this nation by hundreds of thousands of people who's sole benefit to the nation will be to vote for more govt .

They will live their entire lives under the blanket of security stolen from hard working Americans.

I don't have the ability to express my disgust and horror at what our gov is able to do now.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Great.   I work in Karnes City often.  
Guess I better get a TB vaccine.

I figure they will let them roam free with day passes shortly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#12]
In 100 years, ninos Americanos will enact plays in school which retell the atrocities their grandparents endured during the reclamation of this land.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck it,,, how do you get a contract to remodel or construct housing?  Who do I need to talk to?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#14]
FBHO
FICE
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Importing a new class of slave  VOTERS.

View Quote
Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In 100 years, ninos Americanos will enact plays in school which retell the atrocities their grandparents endured during the reclamation of this land.
View Quote

OK, now I'm bummed out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Good thing the millennials are picking up the tab for this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#18]
When did they start the contract process for this center and why did they anticipate the need for it?

Hmmmmmmmmmm?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fixed it for you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

I can agree with that.

There are  two distinct types of slavery now.

The slaves being imported are simply ....nothing. Human , but not much more, uneducated, third world fodder, beings whose sole responsibility will be to vote for democrats.

Then you have the working guy or girl. The slave whose life will be reduced to production of tax revenue for the behemoth of gov. Your life will be spared so long as your taxes paid are greater than your medical costs.

Once your medical costs rise above taxes paid, you will be given pain pills and encouraged to  take your own life thru "end of life" meetings with your doctor .

Children will be indoctrinated to despise the old and infirm, they will be seen as taking from the young. All the while , the ignorant will love a carefree life of drugs, beer, and producing the next generation of voters.

The America we knew is gone, pissed away over the years of abundance produced by the very people who are now enslaved by gov.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Just doing the voting Americans won't do themselves.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

OK, now I'm bummed out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, now I'm bummed out.

I know, right?  "Thanks for the migraine."
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut

View Quote

.  Noob inability to quote or......?

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whoa! I didn't read where it was located. That's right in the backyard of where I grew up!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Reading that article made me sick to my stomach.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Whoa! I didn't read where it was located. That's right in the backyard of where I grew up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work all over Cuero, Yorktown, Karnes City, etc when I am not working on the border.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Thinking about it again, the whole Flat Screen TV part is a little much.
I think damn near all TVs are flat screen TVs now.     I can't really get mad about that part.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#30]
The shitshow will be interesting when it's time for them to leave.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#31]
They'll complain that they've been mistreated/tortured because they couldn't get "Sabado Gigante"...

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hit it on the fucking head. Exactly what I was thinking.   This royally pisses me off.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#33]

I am working my ass off everyday just to survive and pay my bills.

These detainees get treated better than our war vets.  This is shameful.  Every single Iraq/Afghanistan vet should have the same level of care and services that these illegals are receiving.  

We should have built them a tent city with outhouses, and water and no electricity.  give them shelter and basic food in a detention camp. Hell, most of these people come from homes with no AC, electric or running water. Shelter, basic food first aid and a cot, with a bunch of outhouses and communal showers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I am working my ass off everyday just to survive and pay my bills.

These detainees get treated better than our war vets.  This is shameful.  Every single Iraq/Afghanistan and Vietnam vet should have the same level of care and services that these illegals are receiving.  

We should have built them a tent city with outhouses, and water and no electricity.  give them shelter and basic food in a detention camp. Hell, most of these people come from homes with no AC, electric or running water. Shelter, basic food first aid and a cot, with a bunch of outhouses and communal showers.
View Quote

Fixed it for you. There are still a lot of hurting older Vietnam Vets out there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

agreed..on every point........
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#36]
FBHO
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Removed...krp
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Removed...krp
View Quote

Damn. You know times are crazy when a Mod edits his own comments.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Removed...krp

That's what I was thinking.    
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Its sad that our citizenship means nothing now. Especially those who came here from other countries legally, kept their noses clean, learned the language, and studied for the citizenship test.

Our govt has failed us.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Entitlement much?

Completely pre-made democratic voters!
View Quote

Precisely why its being allowed to happen.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I asked for ban...just not my own. Which is good I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Removed...krp

I asked for ban...just not my own. Which is good I guess.

14'ers going down tonight!

I miss all the fun. Can you IM me what they posted?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I can agree with that.

The slaves being imported are simply ....nothing. Human , but not much more, uneducated, third world fodder, beings whose sole responsibility will be to vote for democrats.

Then you have the working guy or girl. The slave whose life will be reduced to production of tax revenue for the behemoth of gov. Your life will be spared so long as your taxes paid are greater than your medical costs.

Once your medical costs rise above taxes paid, you will be given pain pills and encouraged to  take your own life thru "end of life" meetings with your doctor .

Children will be indoctrinated to despise the old and infirm, they will be seen as taking from the young. All the while , the ignorant will love a carefree life of drugs, beer, and producing the next generation of voters.

The America we knew is gone, pissed away over the years of abundance produced by the very people who are now enslaved by gov.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

I can agree with that.

This is what paying your "fair share" gets you........

CoC   .....Can't say anything else......
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thinking about it again, the whole Flat Screen TV part is a little much.
I think damn near all TVs are flat screen TVs now.     I can't really get mad about that part.
View Quote

If they were 4K tvs then I'd be all like
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Both of those geniuses posted hidden tracking links.
View Quote

I don't know what that means, but it sounds serious.

Sure "they" weren't both the same guy?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Veterans are just murderers, remember?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top